daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 22nd, 2009, 07:59 PM   #241
RelaxInPireaus

Likes (Received): 0

I like Rotems very much !

they are quite silent inside when windows close, but those other trains, which earlier served 2 line only are much noisier and not so modern.

so I am glad they chose new Rotems.
RelaxInPireaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2009, 07:24 PM   #242
RelaxInPireaus

Rotem Trains in Athens

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZVuJKAxzN8

Syntagma Station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EWS8WEzpPA

one more

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFWYPTmZPc
Old October 5th, 2009, 07:42 PM   #243
nastyathenian
Metrophile

Likes (Received): 713

Here's an even better future map:

I hope to see this plan completed before I die.
nastyathenian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #244
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Likes (Received): 885

where did you find this map?
Old October 6th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #245
nastyathenian
Metrophile

Just right click on the image, then go to "properties" and you' ll find out.
Old October 6th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #246
RelaxInPireaus

how you think can this map be called "Metro 2030" ?
Old October 7th, 2009, 06:24 PM   #247
nastyathenian
Metrophile

Well, I would call it "Athens Metro 2300".
Old October 8th, 2009, 01:48 AM   #248
ovem
Commieblocks fan

well i think 2030 is good :P
Old November 28th, 2009, 03:16 AM   #249
ovem
Commieblocks fan

some construction updates

The Line 2 Ag. Dimitrios - Elliniko part:

The Line 3 to Haidari station:

The Line 2 Peristeri - Anthoupoli part:

The Line 3 Holargos - Agia Paraskevi part:

geometarkv liked this post
ovem no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 08:34 PM   #250
Ares_K
♫♫♫ ♫♫ ♫

Likes (Received): 20

Athens Metro Project Progress according to Attiko metro as of 27/11/2009

Quote:
The most extensive front of Metro Projects ever performed in Greece is currently progressing at an intensive pace. All ATTIKO METRO employees make a co-ordinated effort on a daily basis in view of delivering in due time the modern Metro stations in several areas of Athens, such as Peristeri, Anthoupoli, Haidari, Holargos, Halandri, Aghia Paraskevi, Ilioupoli, Alimos, Argyroupoli and Elliniko.

The Metro Line 3 Extension, 4.3 km long with three (3) new stations extending from MONASTIRAKI to EGALEO was commissioned in May 2007. The Metro network continues to be expanded with the construction of new Stations, while the next 1.5 kilometres of Line 3 towards HAIDARI with one new Station is already at an advanced construction phase. In particular, civil works both at the tunnel and at the station were completed, while architectural works are in progress. At the same time E/M equipment is being installed along the entire length of the extension. It is noted that this contracting work also includes the construction of a parking facility for private vehicles right next to this Station with an overall capacity of 380 places.

Concurrently, after the successful completion and operation of AGHIOS ANTONIOS Station in summer 2004, and two more new Metro Stations will be constructed in the Municipality of Peristeri, one of the largest Municipalities in Greece. In particular, works in PERISTERI & ANTHOUPOLI Stations are at the stage of architectural finishing, while this contracting work also includes the unification/reconfiguration of Peristeri Central Square, which shall cover an area of 10,000 square meters in total. At the same time, the works for the boring of the remaining 350m of tunnel and the completion of the entire extension of this Line (1.5 km) have been completed in summer 2008. Very recently, the installation of tracks and E/M equipment commenced.

The project of the Extension of Line 2 to ELLINIKO will add to the ATHENS METRO network 5.5 km of Underground Line and 4 new Stations (ILIOUPOLI, ALIMOS, ARGYROUPOLI, ELLINIKO). Construction works are currently executed in 14 worksite areas (Stations, ventilation shafts, underground stabling area) along Vouliagmenis Avenue, without affecting the traffic of vehicles while keeping intact the green area in the central island along Vouliagmenis Avenue. The Tunnel Boring Machine, which initiated its tunneling activities from Sourmena Shaft, has completed the boring of 5,295 meters of tunnel in December 2008 and it has now been removed from the project. Very recently, the installation of tracks and E/M equipment commenced.

The construction works executed in the three new Stations of Line 3 (, HOLARGOS and AGHIA PARASKEVI) are currently in full swing. NOMISMATOKOPIO Station was delivered to public in the 2nd of September , while HOLARGOS Station is expected to be completed within December 2009. In the framework of the same contracting work a Bus Transfer Station shall be constructed in thw area of NOMISMATOKOPIO station which is the first Metro Station on Messogion Avenue that travelers from Agia Paraskevi, Messogia region and the eastern suburbs of Attica region meet, along with an underground Parking Facility for private vehicles of a capacity of 630 places.

The Athens Metro network is now extending towards Aghia Varvara, Korydallos, Nikea, Maniatika and Piraeus with 7.6 km of underground line and six (6) new stations. ATTIKO METRO S.A. re-procured on November 21st 2008 the relevant project and on February 13th 2009 6 technical firms/consortia expressed their interest related to the construction of the project.The construction of this extension is expected to start in spring 2010, on condition no objections, appeals or other legal obstacles are brought forth by the technical firms participating in the tender procedure.

The construction of a new 20.9 km long Metro Line, Line 4 (Alsos Veikou-Panepistimio-Katehaki-Maroussi) is expected to be put to tender, with twentyone (21) stations is currently at the design phase. This line is expected to change the transportation map of Athens.
Ares_K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #251
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Some updates.

Line 2, Ag. Dimitrios - Elliniko part:
January:

Line 2, Ag. Antonios - Peristeri part:

Line 1, Kallithea station:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyathenian View Post

Ωωωωχ! Τώρα που έπεσαν οι αρχαιολόγοι στη μέση, θα αργήσει να ξαναδεί μετρό η Καλλιθέα.
During the excavations to change the old rail, a part of the Ancient Athens - Piraeus long wall, that connected the two cities centuries ago, has been discovered.

That means NO METRO for Kallithea for a looooong time, and maybe no metro for the whole part Kallithea - Piraeus of line 1 of Athens metro. Should I be happy or sad?

Old February 17th, 2010, 06:25 AM   #252
ovem
Commieblocks fan

hmmm it seems that the wall has been covered already. What a pity...
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:35 AM   #253
ovem
Commieblocks fan

Line 3: Holargos station to open in a few days.

Old May 14th, 2010, 09:47 PM   #254
Antje
Public Transport Fan

I assume that Cholargos is pretty much open. It's just the ceremony that's left.

By the way, I assume that the whole project is going to take a hit by the economic problems.
Antje no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:31 AM   #255
ovem
Commieblocks fan

well, the fact is that there are some pilot services until the regular service starts. The genral delay has to do with the crisis, but I don't think this particular station's delay has to do with economical problems.
Old May 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #256
AVassilios

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovem View Post
well, the fact is that there are some pilot services until the regular service starts. The genral delay has to do with the crisis, but I don't think this particular station's delay has to do with economical problems.
But the whole project and line 4 are now far far away from being finished/constructed am I right? I just have the impression due to the economical situation there will be no more money left for the metro and other such projects...
Old May 15th, 2010, 03:50 PM   #257
ovem
Commieblocks fan

who knows?
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM   #258
jason.h

http://www.ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w...05/2010_117178

New Stations are to open soon!
jason.h no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2010, 12:31 AM   #259
ovem
Commieblocks fan

A few interesting shots of the Line 2 Agios DImitrios - Elliniko part stations under construction by StavrosGramm, user of www.stadia.gr :

Elliniko:

Argyroupoli:

Alimos:

Ilioupoli:

[/QUOTE]

Old May 23rd, 2010, 01:20 AM   #260
TheKorean
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Isnt Greece supposed to be bankrupt? How do they even manage to keep constructing more lines? They should be cutting services and closing lines.
TheKorean no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
athens