daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Photography, Heritage and Architecture

Photography, Heritage and Architecture Participate in the FPC, the weekly Filipino Photo Contest

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: ..
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
.. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 21st, 2008, 07:26 PM   #2181
Juan Pilgrim

Likes (Received): 95

The PRIDE of the PHILIPPINES.

I agree with you a 100% R.Y.

"You reap what you sow."

Etymology: from the idea that the quality of the seeds that you sow (= put into the ground) grow into the kind of plants that you are able to reap (= cut and collect)

J.P.

p.s. katuwaan lang...
Juan Pilgrim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 21st, 2008, 07:41 PM   #2182
flesh_is_weak
Oberste Richter

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo32 View Post
mga pangit ang pinili kong customer assistants, para pag pasok ng mga customers feeling nila sila lang ang maganda sa loob.
pagpalain ka nawa ni Zaturnnah! ang bait mo naman ate, binibigyan mo ng job opportunities ang mga chaka--which is, bihira na ngayon, considering na pleasing personality ang palaging nakalagay sa classified ads, kahit nga walang laman ang utak, basta't sexy at maganda, yun tanggap agad--and at the same time, bino-boost mo ang self-esteem ng customers mong di kagandahan...

mabuahy ka!
flesh_is_weak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 07:49 AM   #2183
Wind Shear
Missed Opportunities

Likes (Received): 213

Let me guess...

1. I pay taxes
2. I observe traffic rules kahit pedestrian lang
3. I advocate Cebuano Language
4. I campaign for Federal Philippines
5. Doing edits in wikipedia.org especially Philippine-related topics.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM   #2184
RonnieR

Likes (Received): 1571

I like this thread. When I used to live abroad, I was able to invite friends from Singapore, Indonesia, Brazil and Malaysia to visit the Phils and they liked it very much. Some of them returned to the Phils. Additional earnings for tourism

I salute you Juan Pilgrim!
RonnieR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM   #2185
Juan Pilgrim

Salamat.

I salute all FILIPINOS who have invited at least one TOURIST to visit the PHILIPPINES!

Just like many of other FILIPINOS living abroad, I grab every opportunity to promote our country the PHILIPPINES as a prime TOURIST DESTINATION.

The fact is not everyone is aware of the PHILIPPINES as the PLACE to visit. Marami pang hindi nakakaalam, although we might think otherwise. It is either the PHILIPPINES is not within their radar screen or they have a negative image of our country from the media.

Kaya marami pa tayong dapat gawin.

VISIT THE PHILIPPINES.

J.P.

Last edited by Juan Pilgrim; May 22nd, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:14 PM   #2186
Juan Pilgrim

develop and support Pinoy entrepreneurship

http://goodnewspilipinas.com/wp/?p=1920

Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna advocacy launched

Consistent with its commitment to develop and support Pinoy entrepreneurship, the Association of Filipino Franchisers Inc. (AFFI) embarked on its Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna advocacy. The launching coincided with the holding of AFFI’s 1st General Membership Meeting under its new set of officers at the Casa Blanca in Intramuros, Manila.

AFFI is an organization of over 80 Filipino-owned business franchisers in the category of small and medium enterprises (SME). The Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna advocacy on the other hand is aimed at promoting homegrown Filipino business ideas, initiatives and enterprises, particularly micro, small and medium scale.
Rommel T. Juan, president of Binalot Fiesta Foods and the new AFFI president, says that AFFI believes that the development of the Pinoy entrepreneurial spirit will result in a deep and wide base of Filipino SMEs all over the country that will become a key to alleviating poverty and attaining long-term, sustainable economic growth.

“More than just promoting business specifically however, our Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna advocacy also aims to help make Filipino businessmen believe in themselves once more. AFFI is convinced that Filipinos are just as imaginative, creative and sharp in business as the best in the world”, Juan adds.

He expects that this, in turn, will help change the growing negativism among many of our countrymen who now feel that there is very little opportunity and possibility to prosper locally. “This is probably one reason why they look to either migrating or working abroad as a top option”, says Juan.

AFFI on its own is a concrete proof that indeed, the Filipino can, the Philippines can. Its membership base is composed of 100% homegrown, real everyday Filipinos who believe in their own ideas, parlayed whatever meager savings to finance these ideas, learned the ropes the hard way and persevered in their way to success – right here in the Philippines. “A number of them, in fact, now compete with the big boys of their industries, the big multinational market leaders and are now giving them a run for their money”, Juan adds.

The highlights of the launch included the unveiling of the Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna logo and a special advocacy jingle sung by no less than the well-loved nationalist singer-composer Noel Cabangon. Later plans include the inauguration of an AFFI Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna Showroom where prospective Pinoy entrepreneurs can look at several options for SME businesses and the establishment of an AFFI Hotline to provide the public with a convenient any-time-any-day access to available SME business ideas and opportunities.

A major drive will also be the AFFI Grassroots Campaign where tours to schools, institutions and communities will be undertaken to spread the advocacy ideals. “We hope to inspire fellow Filipinos to once more believe in themselves, their ideas, their dreams and most importantly, in their country. Our advocacy slogan sums it all up – Bago ang iba, Kabuhayang Pinoy Muna!!”, concludes Juan.

J.P.

Last edited by Juan Pilgrim; May 22nd, 2008 at 03:22 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM   #2187
Juan Pilgrim

FILIPINO: TEACHER OF THE YEAR

http://goodnewspilipinas.com/wp/?p=1794

Pinoy is New York Times teacher of the year

Feliciano Jaime Atienza A Filipino teacher is The New York Times 2008 Teacher of the Year.

Feliciano Jaime Atienza, known to everyone as “Chito,” is a Filipino immigrant and a career (English as a Second Language) ESOL professional in New York City.

He has been an ESOL practitioner with the YMCA International, ELESAIR Project for 22 years and the Queens Library for 10 years.

He received his ESL/CO teacher training at the Southeast Asian Refugee Program in the Philippines, a joint project of the UNHCR, ICMC and funded by the US State Department.

Chito is a compassionate professional whose classroom is characterized by a healing and empowering concept of “skinship ” and trust.

He possesses a cheerful “can-do” attitude and time-tested skills as a teacher, teacher trainer, mentor, test-giver and facilitator in the following areas: Diversity and Conflict Management in the ESOL Classroom; Literacy Teacher Training and Cultural Orientation; ESOL Testing and Evaluation; Language Program Development and Implementation; and UNHCR/ICMC Southeast Asian Refugee ESL/CO Programs.

ANG GALING NG PILIPINO! GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND THE USUAL AND THE ORDINARY.

J.P.
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM   #2188
Juan Pilgrim

During Barbeque this past Memorial Day Weekend, I was able to convince a family friend--interested in Blepharoplasty--to go get this procedure in the Philippines rather than going to 5th Avenue. Blepharoplasty is an eyelid surgery to repair her sagging eyelids, medyo natatakpan na ang paningin ni Tita. This procedure can be easily done as an office procedure in many cases. I referred her to a doctor friend of mine in the Philippines. Dr. Jim Sanchez, he has a clinic in Eastwood City. So nakamura na si Tita, nakavisita pa sa Pilipinas. Pag uwi niya dito sa 'Merica maganda pa siya.For inquiries, call Dr. Sanchez at tel. no. 9217252 and mobile no. 0918-9377415.

Medical Tourism in the Philippines
The Philippines Islands are the ultimate tropical paradise. Composed of 7,107 islands with more miles of coastline than the entire United States, for those seeking an escape to sun, sea, and sand, the Philippines is a great place to get away. It can also be a great place to get more reasonably priced medical treatment.

Manila is the capital and largest city of the Philippines and the central business, arts, and cultural hub of the nation. It is also the seat of the Philippines thriving medical tourism industry. Many hospitals in the Philippines are JCI (Joint Commission International, the largest U.S. accreditation organization) certified, guaranteeing a comparable level of safety and quality to hospitals back home. On a national level, all Philippine hospitals are also monitored by the Department of Health to ensure that standards are being met.

Medical education in the Philippines is modeled after that in the U.S. Doctors undergo 10 years of medical school and an additional 3-5 of residency and even more if they wish to specialize. Many doctors get training abroad in the U.S., Japan or Australia, and most speak fluent English. Depending on the type of surgery you're having you'll want to check for certification. Any doctor can claim to be a cosmetic surgeon, even if he or she hasn't actually specialized in this field, so be sure your particular surgeon is qualified to perform the procedure you want.

Hospitals in the Philippines perform a wide variety of treatments from cosmetic surgery to coronary bypasses, cancer treatments and kidney transplants. Most procedures done in the Philippines can be done at less than half the cost of the same treatments in the United States.

The Philippines can also be a great place to recover after your medical treatment. There are miles and miles of beaches, great places to dive and snorkel, jungles and volcanoes to explore, and a vibrant and interesting local culture. If you really want to take it easy, many deals are available on spa and massage centers where you can rest and pamper yourself with constant care. Other popular health tourism destinations in southeast Asia include Mala**ia and Th**land.
Blepharoplasty can be both a functional or cosmetic surgical procedure intended to reshape the upper eyelid or lower eyelid by the removal and/or repositioning of excess tissue as well as by reinforcement of surrounding muscles and tendons.

J.P.

Last edited by Juan Pilgrim; May 27th, 2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old May 27th, 2008, 07:34 PM   #2189
Juan Pilgrim

More on Dr. Juan Sanchez

Does your nose job stink?
http://services.inquirer.net/print/p...ticle_id=95773

By Raquel P. Gomez

Inquirer

MANILA, Philippines – With sexy stars and celebrities publicly thanking their doctors for a nose job, breast implants, and a tummy tuck, it’s undeniable that cosmetic surgery has become as routine and commonplace as an appendectomy.
But the popularity of cosmetic surgery has resulted in unscrupulous medical practitioners going into the field even without the proper training, warns plastic surgeon Dr. Juan Sanchez, author of the books “Oriental Rhinoplasty” and “Asian Rhinoplasty, A Guide for Aesthetic Surgeons.”

Unhappy patients who had expected more from the costly procedures then begin the excruciating process of looking for other surgeon to fix or repair the bungled job.

Sanchez, who receives an average of eight to 10 patients a day, says that about 40 percent of them come in for corrective surgery of bad nose jobs performed by other surgeons. Among the most common bad surgeries are distorted nose bridges, uneven nostrils, super thin noses, and the most serious: swelling and a deeply scarred nose.

Sixteen years of plastic surgery practice and formal training here and in the US have made Sanchez an expert in rhinoplasty and cleft lip surgery, on which he has written several articles. The doctor is the current consultant in plastic surgery at the Fe del Mundo Medical Center, the Philippine Heart Center, the Philippine Children’s Medical Center and the AFP Medical Center.

Sanchez says the most popular cosmetic procedure is rhinoplasty, with women aged 18 to 30 availing themselves of this nose job. The second most revised or improved area is that around the eyes, with surgeons asked to add eyelids or remove eye bags. Procedures that involve body contouring, which includes breast implants, tummy tucks, and liposuction, rank as third most popular, he notes.

Although these procedures have become fairly common, Sanchez says people contemplating a nose job or breast implants should be concerned not just about the procedure, but more about the surgeon’s qualifications to do the operation. They would best be served by keeping in mind these reminders, he adds:

1. Check the credentials of the doctor, including his training.

Not all surgeons can do cosmetic surgery, says Sanchez. Plastic surgery is a specialized field that entails advanced training in a well structured program. People should beware of fake surgeons. Look for the doctor’s diploma and certificates of training. Check also where the doctor does his or her operations. If he or she seems evasive about this or would rather tell you last minute where your operation will be done, be warned.

2. Check the doctor’s body of work.

Plastic surgery not only involves skill but art as well, says Sanchez. “It’s a mixture of science and art. The doctor has to possess that gift of imagination to make a beautiful nose the safe way.”

Sanchez says that patients have to ask the doctor for photos of the results of previous surgeries—the before-and-after photos—to find out if the doctor has that artistic gift.

3. Be realistic with your goal.

Sanchez recalls encountering patients who often ask him to copy the nose of a celebrity. Yes, that can be done, but this doctor strongly recommends a result that is “anatomically configured” to the rest of the face—meaning a nose that is not too thin, too high, or too big, but is just right and adds harmony, balance and proportion to the rest of one’s facial features.

“The ideal aesthetic nose is a mix between Asian and Caucasian noses. It has a modest bridge height, minimal blaring and the tip is refined.”

4. Thorough consultation and planning are important.

Ideally, during consultation, patient and doctor should agree with the result expected after surgery. After all, the purpose of cosmetic surgery is to make a person happy and satisfied with the result.

A patient should not just rely on a computer printout of the suggested transformation, says Sanchez. It would be better if the doctor can produce a visualization through a line drawing and a cast of what your nose would look after surgery.

For inquiries, call Dr. Sanchez at tel. no. 9217252 and mobile no. 0918-9377415.
Old May 29th, 2008, 03:06 AM   #2190
crappypants
SPEED

Likes (Received): 351

i bought ligo sardines made in the PHils over the ones made in Thailand even if the latter has better quality.
and i always buy our tentay patis, our lumpia wrapper, our sukang puti and soysauce even though they're more expensive than the other brands.

crappypants liked this post a million times

Last edited by crappypants; May 29th, 2008 at 03:42 AM.
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #2191
odyssey

Likes (Received):

Mas masarap yung sardinas ng Pilipinas kesa Thailand na lamang lang sa Packaging no, gaya ng Goya na walang kalasa-lasa. Mas masarap pa yung Century Tuna.
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:43 AM   #2192
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Likes (Received): 1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by odyssey View Post
Mas masarap yung sardinas ng Pilipinas kesa Thailand na lamang lang sa Packaging no, gaya ng Goya na walang kalasa-lasa. Mas masarap pa yung Century Tuna.
may nabibili rin kayo dyan yung Zaragoza brand na Spanish sardines, hindi lata ang container naka glass bottle

Video caching helps me save bandwidth
VoIP server is now up and running***!
My computer retail store opening soon!
amigo32 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2008, 04:51 AM   #2193
kiretoce
I got my eye on you.

Likes (Received): 246

Not all taste buds are created equal. To some it's bland, and to some it's the most heavenly thing they've tasted. So judging food is relative and subjective, there is no wrong or right about it.
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:01 AM   #2194
crappypants
SPEED

actually the sardines are all ligo brand but i noticed the ones from thailand had fatter fish. so the packaging and taste is the same. the one from thailand was more spicy though.
Pareho ren nung pineapple canned. merong made in Indo, made in thai, made in the PHils. i buy the ones made in the PHils. they all taste the same by the way.

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:07 AM   #2195
dinabaw
"Durian is Here"

Likes (Received): 370

naku wag kang maniwala sa mga fatter na isda ng Thailand they are genetically grown just like their fruits , i find smaller fish or smaller fruits tastier !
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:09 AM   #2196
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinabaw View Post
naku wag kang maniwala sa mga fatter na isda ng Thailand they are genetically grown just like their fruits , i find smaller fish or smaller fruits tastier !
sige nga padala ka ng durian at lanzones, tingnan natin kung totoo

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:11 AM   #2197
dinabaw
"Durian is Here"

aanhin mo naman ang durian ? gagawing mong parang "canister incident" sa mga lovers mo
Old May 29th, 2008, 05:14 AM   #2198
amigo32
Proud kana dyan

Quote:
aanhin mo naman ang durian ? gagawing mong parang "canister incident" sa mga lovers mo
sister bahala na ako doon si doc naman kasama ko eh

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #2199
crappypants
SPEED

Quote:

you have a point too bigger and longer doesn't always mean better.
it'a better to go organic and natural nga naman.

Old May 29th, 2008, 05:21 AM   #2200
dinabaw
"Durian is Here"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigo32 View Post
sister bahala na ako doon si doc naman kasama ko eh
pero promise me bigyan mo ako ng copy sa youtube....... yung sasal...uhin mo ang durian