daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 3rd, 2015, 02:54 AM   #2821
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Well, those are interesting too, for external details.
Meanwhile we found a bunch of internal photos, on a nordic board (still have to understand if Norwegian or Danish).

I wonder why the 015, which is older, looks much more modern than its followers. Probably HSB said "Ok, we like it, but make it cheaper"

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

suasion liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2015, 01:49 PM   #2822
suasion

Likes (Received): 1851

Indeed 15 seems to be more curved, 16 and 19 have much more defined corners.

Would you like unwatermarked photgraphs?

Spongabob liked this post
suasion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2015, 03:48 PM   #2823
Wilhem275
The Transporter

No, thank you, it's enough info for dad's work

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Old November 23rd, 2015, 05:23 AM   #2824
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Presentation of a brand new Intercity 2.

What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:23 AM   #2825
KingNick
Make Wu'bar Great Again

Likes (Received): 8718

DB apparently learned from ÖBB's RJ loco design failure. I always hate it when they are inverted.
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:30 AM   #2826
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Likes (Received): 435

yay, new ICs that can only go 160 km/h
Let's not forget that there will be new ICs (ICx) in the future, which will be marketed as ICE and will also only go 230/250 km/h.
Soon it'll be faster to walk than take the so-called "HSR"

lsg97, flierfy liked this post
TM_Germany no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 12:39 AM   #2827
AlexNL

Likes (Received): 537

The IC2 stock will run on routes where you can't go much faster than 160 anyway.

The ICx stock will run on the routes where going harder than 200 - 250 doesn't make any sense, such as Ruhrgebiet - Berlin via Hannover (no 300 km/h routes there).

The ICE 3/Velaro stock will run on the routes where it makes sense, such as between Frankfurt and Cologne, Nürnberg - Erfurt, and so on.

phoenixboi08, ascariss, DanielFA liked this post
AlexNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 10:44 AM   #2828
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 17044

Visit the New Jersey Section

Deadeye Reloaded, DanielFA liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:18 PM   #2829
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick View Post
DB apparently learned from ÖBB's RJ loco design failure. I always hate it when they are inverted.

Explain! Pics! Now! Thanks.
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2015, 03:33 PM   #2830
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNL View Post
The IC2 stock will run on routes where you can't go much faster than 160 anyway.

The ICx stock will run on the routes where going harder than 200 - 250 doesn't make any sense, such as Ruhrgebiet - Berlin via Hannover (no 300 km/h routes there).

The ICE 3/Velaro stock will run on the routes where it makes sense, such as between Frankfurt and Cologne, Nürnberg - Erfurt, and so on.
still, it's a shitty devolopement. In the most important IC connections, there are some 200km/h stretches which are then useless. But I suspect the new ICs will more ore less take the place of the old IR and the ICx trains will take the more important routes, then labeled as 'ICE'. That just makes train travel even more expensive.

There are areas where the new ICx make sense, like Berlin-HH, or as you mentioned Berlin-Ruhr, but pretty much every other important connection has or will have stretches with 280-300 km/h. I think they even want to use ICx trains on the new Munich-Berlin line, which will have long parts with 300km/h.

So overall I think the ICx wouldn't be so bad, if it replaced ICs or the older ICEs on lines that can't support higher speeds anyway, but for what they want it to be, which is it being the future backbone of german HSR, I'd say it's also the last nail in germany's HSR's coffin.

But well we'll see. The new trains could be very useful in some places and I'm always ready to receive positive surprises. I couldn't think of a single one in relation to DB, though.

Rohne liked this post
Old November 24th, 2015, 06:22 PM   #2831
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeye Reloaded View Post

Explain! Pics! Now! Thanks.
I think he means that when the loco comes swapped around, the color scheme is screwed.
Few examples I found:

Old November 25th, 2015, 11:11 AM   #2832
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Germany View Post
still, it's a shitty devolopement. In the most important IC connections, there are some 200km/h stretches which are then useless. But I suspect the new ICs will more ore less take the place of the old IR and the ICx trains will take the more important routes, then labeled as 'ICE'. That just makes train travel even more expensive.
Frequencey, punctuality and good integration are more important then top speed. Running more trains by itself will already shorten travel times for many people. What I see DB doing is at the one hand improving their ICE network, and at the other hand positioning their IC network as a slower, but cheaper altenrative. That is a good strategy I think.

suasion liked this post
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 01:10 PM   #2833
suasion

Likes (Received): 1851

Does anyone have any info on the interior accomodations of these trains? Are the seats like those in the current IC/ICE trains with sockets, tables etc? Is there room for luggage as overhead space is normally miserable on double deckers?Is there a restaurant/buffet car?

Spongabob liked this post
suasion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 07:47 PM   #2834
AlexNL

The IC2 coaches are very similar to the ones you'll usually find on RegionalExpress services, but the interior is up to par with that of an ICE 2 or ICmod coaches (refurbished coaches as found between Amsterdam and Berlin).
Old November 25th, 2015, 09:53 PM   #2835
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by suasion View Post
Does anyone have any info on the interior accomodations of these trains? Are the seats like those in the current IC/ICE trains with sockets, tables etc? Is there room for luggage as overhead space is normally miserable on double deckers?Is there a restaurant/buffet car?
Official information in german above is telling, that there will be a basic offer of foods and drinks at place, so no restaurant. Most important is Internet provided in trains (a thing nearly all long-distance-busses in Germany already offer for free). Luggage can be stored in extra compartments, so not mainly over the seat. The IC-Neu basically is discussed as the reinvention of the former IR. But it couldn´t be named like this again, it closes a gap anyway.

TM_Germany liked this post
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #2836
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_ View Post
Frequencey, punctuality and good integration are more important then top speed. Running more trains by itself will already shorten travel times for many people. What I see DB doing is at the one hand improving their ICE network, and at the other hand positioning their IC network as a slower, but cheaper altenrative. That is a good strategy I think.
Frequency, punctuality and good intigration is something that shouldn't be an issue. Least of all one they try to compensate at the cost of high-speed. What DB should do is reintroduce the IRs, use the new ICs for important IC and slower ICE connections and do the rest with real highspeed. Of course that would mean less profit for DB, since they can't demand ICE prices for previous IC connections and admit that they completely ****ed up their policies, so that won't ever happen. And - by the way- I've been following this thread for awhile, reapeating your arguments over and over again doesn't make them any better. Turning the ICE into a giant S-Bahn won't help anybody in country like germany. What you try so desperately to good-talk isn't rational - it's apologetic. If it's for patriotic reasons or if you're just a fan of DB I don't know, but please, there's no need to defend something that's not worth defending.

Rohne liked this post
Old November 25th, 2015, 11:49 PM   #2837
AlexNL

Deutsche Bahn is working with some Bundesländer to make the IC trains accessible to people holding tickets for the Nahverkehr, in turn the Länder would have to pay for the price difference. This is upsetting some of DB's competitors as they consider this as unfair competition.

SturmBeobachter liked this post
AlexNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 08:37 AM   #2838
K_

Likes (Received): 243

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM_Germany View Post
... there's no need to defend something that's not worth defending.
It's not because you disagree with a position that it is not worth defending.
K_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2015, 05:50 PM   #2839
TM_Germany
Got Fachwerk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_ View Post
It's not because you disagree with a position that it is not worth defending.
It's good to know we agree, then.
Old November 28th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #2840
Matz32Z
Obserwator

Likes (Received): 273

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3a4Idz1f4UA

DanielFA, dimlys1994, loloo liked this post

Last edited by Matz32Z; November 30th, 2015 at 10:15 AM.
Matz32Z no está en línea   Reply With Quote