daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 15th, 2016, 04:27 PM   #3021
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 767

Just a bit more espensive

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Harbornite liked this post
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2016, 02:58 AM   #3022
Harbornite

Likes (Received): 235

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-NL View Post
I still find it sad though that Skoda couldn't make their original design, which had a much rounder front end, work safety wise. This front end doesn't look bad, but the original design would have looked awesome:

Image from Railcolor.net
Yes that does look nice, slightly better than the production model. Having said that, I prefer the looks of the Es64U4 and Vectron.
Harbornite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2016, 03:07 AM   #3023
Harbornite

[DE] R2 on Press 145 030 completed [updated]

Quote:
Pressnitztalbahn locomotive 145 030-7 looks as new. On 07.07.2016, the machine was released from Kassel where it had its second main overhaul by Bombardier Services. The revision included a compelte repaint in the welknown blue Press livery. For the fans of data: Unt Bombardier Service Kassel 04.07.2016. Thanks Andreas Meier.

http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?n...3&action=dview

Looks lovely doesn't it!

dimlys1994 liked this post

Last edited by Harbornite; July 16th, 2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old July 16th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #3024
Harbornite

Skoda presents the new Class 102 electric locomotive for DB Regio

I am aware that you are already aware of this, but I thought I'd share a link to the railcolor.net news site.

http://railcolornews.com/2016/07/01/...-for-db-regio/

Quote:
Background information

In June 2013, DB Regio Oberbayern ordered six Skoda 109E series locomotives, together with six Skoda double deck train sets. DB Regio will operate the trains under the ‘Ringzug West/NBS’ contract, issued by the Bayerische Eisenbahngesellschaft (BEG).

This contract includes these connections: München – Ingolstadt – (NBS) – Nürnberg, Augsburg – Treuchtlingen – Nürnberg and the Treuchtlingen – Ingolstadt – München. The Skoda trains will be used for services running ove the NBS line (‘Neubaustrecke’) München – Ingolstadt – Nürnberg.

Originally, the trains should have been ready for service by December 2016, but it already known that delivery of the trains is one year behind schedule. Read all information about the DB Regio Skoda locomotives at our Profile page of the Skoda 109E for DB Regio on Railcolor.net.

I must say that quite like the look of those cab coaches, very stylish!
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:05 AM   #3025
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10911

Moscow-Berlin Talgo

During the last months of this year they will begin to circulate between Moscow and Berlin three compositions Talgo with 20 trailers. The four others were scheduled for Moscow-Kiev, and now make Moscow-Nizhny Novgorod under the trade name Strizh are also formed by 20 trailers: 2 first class, 9 second class, 5 sleeping berths, Restaurant, Cafeteria and 2 technical cars with generators; with a total of 414 seats.

Trains to Berlin are variable gauge (standard / russian), also have "Pendular by Talgo" (not tilting, cars are not inclined supported by the boogies but hanging: like a pendulum). t is already approved in Germany and Poland (including gauge changer) and are currently conducting tests for Russian approval (Results presentation 2Q2016 page 8).

The gauge change will be held in the gauge changer that Talgo has built in Brest (Belarus).

The "rodales" Talgo technology (not boogies are, no axes, they are independent wheels) incorporate a new system gauge change different from that used for the last 47 years in Spain, due to the presence of ice in them.

Video gauge change in Brest

In addition, and to run at 200 km/h in Germany, also incorporate electromagnetic brake skid. In a stand of variable gauge!

Trains could have counted on locomotives variable gauge as the spanish 130 series but RZD has preferred to use conventional locomotives of each country.
Certainly when dealing with night trains shall consider the time savings is not as important. Yet the new trains made the journey of 1,871 km in 18 hours (104 km/h on average, Talgo says) when now it takes 26 hours.

Last edited by Gusiluz; August 11th, 2016 at 01:46 PM.
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 02:36 PM   #3026
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Beautiful system. I used DB's Talgo some times between Berlin and Munich, and I found it the smoothest ride ever tried.
Too bad it was replaced with ordinary cars.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.
Old July 18th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #3027
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhem275 View Post
Beautiful system. I used DB's Talgo some times between Berlin and Munich, and I found it the smoothest ride ever tried.
Too bad it was replaced with ordinary cars.
Last time I was in Berlin, Talgo cars were still rusting away on a siding along
the East-West line, Warschauer Strasse if I remember well. A pity to see such
high-end equipment treated like that.
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2016, 06:52 PM   #3028
Harbornite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcVD View Post
Last time I was in Berlin, Talgo cars were still rusting away on a siding along
the East-West line, Warschauer Strasse if I remember well. A pity to see such
high-end equipment treated like that.
That's a shame, when did you last go to Berlin?
Old July 18th, 2016, 11:42 PM   #3029
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

A few years ago already. 5 years may be... I have pictures of that at home. Just looked on Google Earth and they seem gone now...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9505 en utilisant Tapatalk
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 06:14 PM   #3030
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 812

Quote:
During the last months of this year they will begin to circulate between Moscow and Berlin three compositions Talgo with 20 trailers.
Do you have a credible source to back up this statement?
Honestly I do NOT believe we are going a Talgo service between Moscow and Berlin this year. Hence, I am asking you for your source. If it's just a rumour, prediction and hope then please declare it properly.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2016, 07:32 PM   #3031
Gusiluz
Jaén (Spain)

Likes (Received): 10911

http://nnvn.ru/event/rzhd-sroki-zapu...a-konets-goda/
Gusiluz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #3032
Harbornite

Railways: trains run Talgo Dates Berlin-Moscow transferred to the end of the year

Quote:
The delay in the arrival of new formulations due to the extension of the terms of certification in Germany and Poland.

Moscow, June 8th. I Dates Spanish Talgo trains into operation on the route Moscow-Berlin transferred at the end of 2016. This was reported in the Railways Ministry, referring to the transfer of compositions certification dates in Germany and Poland.

Federal Passenger Company (FPK, a subsidiary of Russian Railways) will have three trains staff with automatic switching system with the Russian railway gauge (1,520 mm), the European (1,435 mm). The Spanish company Patentes Talgo on the delivery receipt date will have to provide valid certificates of compliance with safety standards and the permission to enter the rail infrastructure in Germany and Poland.

The press service of Russian Railways explained that the process of obtaining all necessary documents and agreements with foreign counterparts is in the final stage. The delay in the arrival of new trains trains due to the extension of the terms of certification in Germany and Poland - it took longer than planned. Thus, the date of entry of trains in commercial operation moved to the end of this year.

FPK Russian and Spanish Patentes Talgo summer of 2011 signed an agreement on the purchase of seven trains a 20-car trains for 135 million euros, excluding VAT. Four staff already ply the route Moscow - Nizhny Novgorod. The rest of the train with an automatic change of gauge will follow on the route Moscow-Berlin. The initial terms of expected trains run on the summer schedule 2016.

Author: Alexander Gegelskaya
http://fapnews.ru/276044-rzhd-sroki-...-na-konec-goda

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old July 25th, 2016, 07:11 PM   #3033
Harbornite

mgw orders second Vectron locomotive

Quote:
In October, mgw Service will get a second Vectron locomotive. On 17.06.2016, mgw and Siemens signed the contract. It is the fourth electric locomotive in the fleet of mgw Service, that currently operates 183 500, 185 642 and 193 845. (mgw/Siemens)
http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?n...1&action=dview

dimlys1994, DanielFA liked this post
Old July 29th, 2016, 03:08 PM   #3034
Wilhem275
The Transporter

C'mon, get a room...

Old July 30th, 2016, 01:44 AM   #3035
Harbornite

HKX: Train service to Frankfurt a/M terminated

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter. It's best to move on.

Quote:
As of 29.08.2016, HKX will no longer offer passenger services to Frankfurt. Not enough people make use of the train, so HKX has decided to stop and focus again on its core line: Hamburg - Cologne. The open access operator added the services connecting Köln and Frankfurt a/M to its timetable in December 2015.

As of 01.09.2016, HKX will introduce a new timetable, optimizing its services and meeting the demands of its customers better. Read about it here.
http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?n...3&action=dview

Jozef77, Wilhem275, DanielFA, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old August 1st, 2016, 05:37 PM   #3036
Harbornite

DB Fernverkehr: IC2 comes to Köln - Dresden in September

Quote:
On 04.09.2016, DB Fernverkehr will start using its double deck IC2 train (TRAXX + Twindexx Vario) on IC line Köln – Hannover – Dresden, starting with a single train in service IC 2445/2444. Until December 2016 all trains on this service will be replaced by IC2 rolling stock. (Rail Business)
http://www.railcolor.net/index.php?n...4&action=dview
Old August 2nd, 2016, 08:37 AM   #3037
M-NL
Mixed-mode traveller

Likes (Received): 274

What impact will that have on journey times? As far as I can tell between Dortmund and Hannover you could travel at 200 km/h, where the IC2 is still limited to 160 km/h.
Old August 2nd, 2016, 12:04 PM   #3038
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 812

Quote:
As far as I can tell between Dortmund and Hannover you could travel at 200 km/h,
Only a very few sections allow speeds of 200km/h on the Dortmund - Hannover line.
Moreover, because of crossing traffic it is very much possible that the IC service does not get slots for a 200 km/h service.
All in all, I do not think journey time will change much because of the change to IC2.
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 05:18 AM   #3039
nanth_abc

Likes (Received): 2

Where can I find a map of railway in Germany? There is no map in DB website.
nanth_abc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2016, 09:04 AM   #3040
eu01

Likes (Received): 293

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanth_abc View Post
Where can I find a map of railway in Germany? There is no map in DB website.
Try this. DB offers you the ICE and EC/IC network maps as well as regional maps to see more details.
On the DB website you can also find an interactive map. Just click on the first screen to continue.

Last edited by eu01; August 13th, 2016 at 09:12 AM.
eu01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote