daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #321
Tubeman
Jubilation

Likes (Received): 3272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pippi444 View Post
Can someone PLEASE remove these offensive images?

Before i saw these images didn`t know that anyone still used such crappy punishment.

Why the hell do some people support torture?!?!?
Why not PM a Mod rather than quoting and effectively re-posting the images twice?
Tubeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #322
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

Surprisingly I've never seen any tagging on Los Angeles' train

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #323
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4624

Singapore
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 12:57 AM   #324
Messi
Tinerci Gençlik

Likes (Received): 2430

Messi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 03:54 AM   #325
greg_christine

Likes (Received): 142

Man Receives One-Year Jail Term For Graffiti
Two Other Crimes Net Suspended Sentences
Last updated Friday, October 10, 2008 8:09 PM CDT in News
By Bob Caudle
THE MORNING NEWS

SPRINGDALE -- A Springdale man, Juan Chavez Albarran, 19, of 1041 Brookhaven Court, received a one-year jail sentence Friday after pleading guilty to spray painting graffiti on walls and sidewalks around town.

Springdale District Court Judge Stan Ludwig agreed with Deputy City Prosecutor Amber Roe on the sentence. Albarran entered a guilty plea at the trial.

According to police reports, Albarran spray painted approximately 190 square feet of wall space at Ozark Sash and Door, 216 W. Robinson Ave., on July 22.

Part of the graffiti included a picture of a crown, which police say is a symbol for the Latin Kings, a Chicago Hispanic street gang.

Albarran also admitted to police that he spray painted graffiti at the Civic Center and Brookhaven Courts stake park.

Albarran was also ordered to pay $499 in restitution.

"Our policy is to seek the maximum penalty on all graffiti arrests, which is one year in jail," said Jeff Harper, Springdale's city prosecutor. "The last few that were convicted were put to work cleaning up graffiti, but that's up to the police department."

Sgt. Billy Turnbough, head of the police department's Springdale Nuisance Abatement Partnership team, said his group welcomes the help.

"We'll pull them out of jail and get them to powerwash or paint over graffiti," Turnbough said. "If they've been out painting the town, they should have to clean it up -- whether he did it or not."

Turnbough said primarily prisoners clean up city property. But a homeowner or business owner who has hit by graffiti can call the police department for assistance.

"A person's only got seven days to clean up graffiti or the city can come and take action and actually place a lien on property to recoup the costs," Turnbough said. "We don't want that to happen. We'll go on private property, as long as the property owner signs a release form."

In addition to the graffiti sentence, Ludwig also sentenced Albarran to 120 days in jail, suspended, and ordered him to pay $100 in court costs after Albarran pleaded guilty to third-degree domestic battery.

The suspended sentence stands only if Albarran completes a 26-week domestic abuse counseling at Ozark Guidance Center.

"That sentence is not unusual for a first-offense domestic battery case," Harper said. "But we're always going to ask for a year on graffiti, even if it's the first offense. We do that because graffiti is associated with gangs."

Albarran was also sentenced to an additional 30 days in jail, suspended, fined $100, ordered to pay $100 court costs and forfeit a gun to the court after pleading guilty to carrying a prohibited weapon.

Albarran could have received up to a year in jail on each charge, Harper said.

Reader Comments

The following comments are provided by readers and are the sole responsibility of their authors. The Morning News does not review comments before their publication, nor do we guarantee their accuracy. By publishing a comment here you agree to abide by our comment policy. If you see a comment that violates our policy, please notify the web editor.

ozarks wrote on Oct 10, 2008 10:11 PM:
" Now that might get the attention of the thugs. The PA and judge rocks! "

scout65708 wrote on Oct 13, 2008 11:27 AM:
" Lets find a tall oak tree. "

swampman wrote on Oct 16, 2008 12:00 PM:
" Well if your looking for help from the Cops or courts your spitting in the wind. The fact that this man 19 is adult only got a year sends a message to all kids and adults that its ok they have no teeth. ICE will never come here to help and our wonderful Gov. wants to give them all a free ticket. A tall oak tree doesn't have enough branches. The Cops,Courts,Gov. don't have the guts or are criminal themselves and make a good living looking the other way. The only ones who might be trying to help is the Cops and there under maned and out gunned. "

adabell wrote on Oct 16, 2008 7:29 PM:
" It is not a harsh punishment. Blantant disregard for the property of others should be dealt with accordingly. As far as diversity, both grafitti and domestic violence it the norm in some cultures. "

criminal j wrote on Oct 18, 2008 10:24 AM:
" I guess he picked the wrong building to spray paint(hee hee). Ozark Sash and Doors is actually owned by an attorney who use to practice law in Fayetteville. One must be careful when painting who owns the building. That would be like spray painting a cops house, and who are you calling ignorant "Jones." "
greg_christine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2009, 08:42 AM   #326
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2617

Brisbane

Cape Town

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:23 AM   #327
greg_christine

Tagger Accused Of $70,000 In Damage Receives Prison Time (CA)
2-7-2007

LOS ANGELES -- A prolific tagger who caused more than $70,000 in damage to buses, trains and passenger stations in Los Angeles County will serve time in prison.

Bryant Mangum, 27, entered into a plea deal and remains in custody in Los Angeles pending transfer to a state lockup, according to sheriff's officials.

Mangum was arrested Nov. 21 after a search warrant was served at a residence in the 1200 block of West 84th Place, where he lived with his grandmother, said Sgt. Augie Pando of the sheriff's Transit Services Bureau.

At the home, deputies found hundreds of gummed labels, also known as "slap tags," with Mangum's name on them, along with numerous cans of spray paint, two 5-gallon drums of paint, books containing examples of his tagging, and a tool chest containing tagging paraphernalia, Pando said.

Mangum, also known as "Sight," is affiliated with a group called UPN, which stands for "Ur Property Next," Pando said.

"Upon learning that he was facing between eight and 30 years in state prison for his 45 documented felony vandalism cases, Mangum pleaded guilty and accepted an offer of eight years and four months in the state prison system," Pando said.
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:30 AM   #328
greg_christine

For anyone who is interested in seeing the "HOW IT'S DONE" schematic of a caning in Singapore that was censored from this thread, the full story and images can be found at the following link:

http://www.corpun.com/awfay9405.htm
Old January 31st, 2009, 01:46 AM   #329
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 42

Now this is art!!!

Old January 31st, 2009, 04:10 AM   #330
The other Dude

Likes (Received): 10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eP0iSJQLfJ4
Old February 1st, 2009, 12:23 AM   #331
Tagnuzlsx

Likes (Received): 1

Why do people get so hung up about Graffiti. It shouldn't be a crime at all When done well, it brightens up the atmosphere in a city.
Tagnuzlsx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #332
mtj73

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagnuzlsx View Post
Why do people get so hung up about Graffiti. It shouldn't be a crime at all When done well, it brightens up the atmosphere in a city.
Why!
Because it is vandalism, it is defacing your country's property and who to say if it's done well?
mtj73 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #333
Iluminat
Redsigert User

Likes (Received): 4624

Quote:
When done well,
Usually it's not...
Iluminat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2009, 04:17 AM   #334
rosn19
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

i think all those dumb asses who graffiti trains should die now, and i wish there was something like a ghetto people holocaust because i hate ghettoness.
rosn19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:02 PM   #335
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Likes (Received): 68

Some more stuff from Berlin:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
beta29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #336
beta29
*Made in Estonia*

Likes (Received): 68

Some videos from berlin...

One of the best and most famous: 1UP crew

Pure Hate

beta29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #337
Assemblage23
Übereinstimmend

Likes (Received): 8249

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosn19 View Post
i think all those dumb asses who graffiti trains should die now, and i wish there was something like a ghetto people holocaust because i hate ghettoness.
Couldn't agree more!

Wichtige Änderungen beginnen immer mit ganz neuen Perspektiven.

-
Assemblage23 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2009, 01:57 AM   #338
rosn19
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assemblage23 View Post
Couldn't agree more!
thnx!
rosn19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2009, 12:08 AM   #339
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by The other Dude View Post
Fake...

Quote:

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2009, 12:19 PM   #340
Simon91

Likes (Received): 241

Quote:
Originally Posted by beta29 View Post
Some videos from berlin...

One of the best and most famous: 1UP crew

Pure Hate

Thank for posting. Makes me feel really glad i live in Singapore lol.

Quote:
Seems like liberalism went a very very wrong way to me. When I imagine all of them actually have voting rights.. No comment.

These youths should be in schools studying hard instead of wasting their and others' time and money on that shit.
Simon91 no está en línea   Reply With Quote