daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM   #341
HipHopCanada
MicrophoneFiend

Likes (Received): 10

Some Frankfurt train graffiti.
HipHopCanada no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2009, 11:32 AM   #342
leekie008

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH View Post
Chicago

In sydney you will never go into a train WITHOUT graffiti.
Its everywhere that you just get use to it. Its not the nice graffiti but the stupid type where it look like shit.

The retarts go so far they just pour buckets of paint onto the train
leekie008 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #343
poshbakerloo
***Alexxx***

Likes (Received): 289

Recently I have seen quite a few trains on London's Bakerloo Line with graffiti...:-S

I <3 London
poshbakerloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2009, 12:47 AM   #344
Minato ku

The line 3 of Paris, have serious problem with graffity, I always see graffity in the train of this line.
Fortunely it is only the exterior... inside the line 3 train are some of cleanest train of Paris metro.
Old April 12th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #345
Dahlis

Likes (Received): 107

I cant remember last time i saw grafitti on a train in stockholm
Dahlis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2009, 09:24 PM   #346
Minato ku

Paris metro line 3

Old April 20th, 2009, 12:35 PM   #347
Ribarca

Likes (Received): 3337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tagnuzlsx View Post
Why do people get so hung up about Graffiti. It shouldn't be a crime at all When done well, it brightens up the atmosphere in a city.
Why don't they spray their own car or house.

It's a disgrace to mess up what is not yours. That's the great thing of living in Asia, people respect public means.

Hong Kong by Xavibarca, www.xavibarca.com
Ribarca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 04:06 PM   #348
2co2co

Likes (Received): 225

Quote:
When done well, it brightens up the atmosphere in a city
The problem is, it happens only 1~2% of the whole, and the rest 98~99% leads to increased crimes (Broken Window Theory)
2co2co no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:34 AM   #349
ØlandDK
Used User

Likes (Received): 103

A few more from Copenhagen:

my flickr
ØlandDK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #350
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

MISC | How serious is the graffiti problem on your city/country's trains?

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=310793

PART-II

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!

Last edited by dimlys1994; March 3rd, 2016 at 07:51 PM.
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM   #351
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

SINGAPORE EXCLUSIVE!!!

Last edited by Manila-X; June 7th, 2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:13 AM   #352
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Swiss man faces caning over Singapore graffiti
http://www.mysinchew.com/node/39990
2010-06-04 15:57'

SINGAPORE, Friday 4 June 2010 (AFP) - A Swiss man has been arrested in Singapore on suspicion of breaking into a high-security subway depot and spray-painting graffiti on a train, an offence punishable by caning, police said Friday.

"We confirm that a 33-year-old Swiss male national has been arrested in relation to the case," a spokesman for the Singapore Police Force told AFP.

No further details were available pending the investigation into the incident, which took place in May.

The Swiss embassy in Singapore had no immediate comment.

Subway operator SMRT said it was helping police with the investigation, but gave no further information.

The train has been scrubbed clean but a clip on video-sharing site Youtube -- still visible at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CV4JYKBEQo -- shows the vandalised train as it left a suburban station.

The Straits Times newspaper reported Friday that the suspect was believed to have cut his way into the depot, a restricted zone surrounded by fences topped with barbed wire.

Singapore, a close US ally, considers itself a prime target of Southeast Asian extremists and lists the train system among possible points of attack, along with the airport and US-linked establishments.

Vandalism is punishable in Singapore by three to eight strokes of the cane as well as jail terms of up to three years and a maximum fine of 2,000 Singapore dollars (1,424 US).

An American teenager, Michael Fay, garnered global headlines in 1994 when he was jailed and caned in Singapore after he was found guilty of vandalising several cars. Fay was caned despite a US appeal for clemency.

Old June 7th, 2010, 11:34 AM   #353
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Not a fan of some of the more authoritarian aspects of Singapore, but this "artist" deserves what's coming to him.
*I'm surprised they let this train run on a revenue service. In Japan they would have kept in the depot until it was cleaned.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:47 AM   #354
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.k.jetcar View Post

Not a fan of some of the more authoritarian aspects of Singapore, but this "artist" deserves what's coming to him.
*I'm surprised they let this train run on a revenue service. In Japan they would have kept in the depot until it was cleaned.
The artist knows the risk of getting caught in the Lion City but he happens to be a hardcore bomber and does have the guts of getting up and making his mark despite the penalties and security. In fact to some of them, having caned marks is like wearing a badge of honour.

I noticed the other pieces is by Banos, he's MOAS one of the dopest train painting crews in Scandinavia.

With most cases of Japanese trains, a few of them do run with graffiti on it as with the case of some JR trains in Tokyo.

Last edited by Manila-X; June 7th, 2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:58 AM   #355
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Graffiti Assault

Last edited by Manila-X; June 8th, 2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #356
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Actually not JR trains there, first one appears to be Tokyo Municipal subway Asakusa line on a non-revenue run (lights off, no passengers), and later is a Tokyo Metro train at the shed.

Nothing "cool" about: first, breaking and entering, and second, vandalizing public property. It's been proven- when grafitti is allowed unchecked, it attracts other (more serious) crimes and blight. Because this stuff says to people:"we don't give a sh*t about this place or this train, you can do anything here, hey take a look at what I did, me me me!!" Simply said: Doing sh*t leads to bigger sh*t.
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2010, 12:58 PM   #357
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21237

I don't favor canning or such measures. Prolonged house arrests, with electronic monitoring (and real jail time if violated), would do the job.

But I guess the ultimately measure is withdrawing every car/bus/tram/train that has been vandalized from service until it gets clean, even at expense of quality of service. Fares should be increased to cover such costs. The combination of such measures would then push the general public against these people, which it is what is ultimately needed.

But I still have no sympathy for those who don't respect third parties property rights.
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:19 AM   #358
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
I don't favor canning or such measures. Prolonged house arrests, with electronic monitoring (and real jail time if violated), would do the job.

But I guess the ultimately measure is withdrawing every car/bus/tram/train that has been vandalized from service until it gets clean, even at expense of quality of service. Fares should be increased to cover such costs. The combination of such measures would then push the general public against these people, which it is what is ultimately needed.

But I still have no sympathy for those who don't respect third parties property rights.
The laws are different in Singapore and caning is the mandatory punishment for minor felony crimes. At least its better than getting the death penalty.

There was a time in NY during the mid 80s when the MTA decided to not run its fleet of bombed trains for a whole day.

Old June 8th, 2010, 07:26 AM   #359
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

RAL crew assault

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old June 8th, 2010, 11:00 AM   #360
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Singapore wants extradition of Briton for graffiti

SINGAPORE (AP) – Singapore said it will seek to extradite a British man accused of spray-painting a subway car with an alleged Swiss accomplice last month.

A court issued an arrest warrant for Lloyd Dane Alexander for allegedly breaking into a train depot and vandalizing a subway car on May 16 with Oliver Fricker of Switzerland, Singapore Police Force said Tuesday in a statement.

Police said Alexander fled Singapore and authorities will seek to extradite him, depending on the extradition treaty Singapore has with the country where he is eventually located.

Police declined to give details on Alexander's age, profession or possible whereabouts. He likely fled to Hong Kong, the Straits Times reported Tuesday without citing a source for the information.

A Singapore court charged Fricker, 33, with one count of trespassing and two counts of vandalism Saturday. Fricker is free after posting bail of $100,000 Singapore dollars ($71,000). A preliminary hearing is set for June 21.

"Investigations disclosed that there is an accomplice who is at large," the police said. "He is a British national and left Singapore before the incident was reported to the police."

Singapore has a well-earned reputation for severe punishments for minor crimes. Vandalism carries a fine of up to SG2,000 ($1,415) or up to three years in jail — in addition to three to eight strokes of a cane.

Singapore caned American teenager Michael Fey for vandalism in 1994 — ignoring pleas for leniency by then President Bill Clinton — in a case that drew international attention to the country's harsh punishments.