daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 1st, 2006, 03:38 PM   #61
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 148

Some examples near/in Paris :
Double deck train (RER) :

Subways :

m@rco no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2006, 05:22 PM   #62
anm
имярек

Likes (Received): 5827

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.JACOB
What are talking about What kind of audio htere are short video links in wich u can see gays painting a moscow subway i tunnels and then the same painted subway car is running in traffic in some moscow subway station just check it again.
No need to bang on my head Mr. JACOB. The links from http://www.prokaza.org/prev.htm play only some crap music on my computer - no video.

Quote:
An one more thing mr ANM if u know so well the subway in moscow u should recognize that this are the stations in moscow underground system. Here u got some more links mr "i dont believe u" : http://www.kgmoscow.ru/subway01.htm# take photo nr 2 for egzample. http://www.russianroulette.org/download.htm One more movie from moscow but this time dont give me crap that this is audio to...
photo #2 has been taken at Kurskaja station of Moscow metro circle line. A couple of other pics are likely to be from the Airport station, and one more is likely to be of one of the stations of Filevskaja line.

The video from russian roulette - this one opens as a video indeed. 90% of the trains shown are commuter trains (elektrichka). The are a few glimpses of subway trains... Not at stations that can be positively identified as Moscow metro stations. Although, given the pictures of Kurskaja and Airport, I am supposed to believe, again by association that this is Moscow metro.

Now what? Do you feel better Mr. Bad Manners? What have you proven anyway? That some bustards sometimes deface Moscow subway trains, that there have a few very rare occurences of such trains used before they have been repainted to normal colors.

Does it snow in Hawaii? It has snowed there today - check the news. Is snowing in Hawaii a typical event? No.

How bad is the problem of graffiti in Moscow subway? Any sensible person who have used the system at all, let alone regularly for many years, will confirm that seeing a graffiti train in Moscow metro is a very rare, actually shocking exception. In fact, I have not seen one such train live yet - only in these pictures. Are you satisfied?
anm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 08:02 PM   #63
Mr.JACOB

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm
No need to bang on my head Mr. JACOB. The links from http://www.prokaza.org/prev.htm play only some crap music on my computer - no video.

photo #2 has been taken at Kurskaja station of Moscow metro circle line. A couple of other pics are likely to be from the Airport station, and one more is likely to be of one of the stations of Filevskaja line.

The video from russian roulette - this one opens as a video indeed. 90% of the trains shown are commuter trains (elektrichka). The are a few glimpses of subway trains... Not at stations that can be positively identified as Moscow metro stations. Although, given the pictures of Kurskaja and Airport, I am supposed to believe, again by association that this is Moscow metro.

Now what? Do you feel better Mr. Bad Manners? What have you proven anyway? That some bustards sometimes deface Moscow subway trains, that there have a few very rare occurences of such trains used before they have been repainted to normal colors.

Does it snow in Hawaii? It has snowed there today - check the news. Is snowing in Hawaii a typical event? No.

How bad is the problem of graffiti in Moscow subway? Any sensible person who have used the system at all, let alone regularly for many years, will confirm that seeing a graffiti train in Moscow metro is a very rare, actually shocking exception. In fact, I have not seen one such train live yet - only in these pictures. Are you satisfied?
No im not satisfied. I just wanted to show u that somebody is doing grffiti in moscow as well. becouse u dont belive it . And bad manners are then when sombady is calling somebody els a bustard but dont even know this person. U dont know any thing about graffiti but u say that this is wrong and this people are stupid. I will tell u some thing. I dont want to convince u that this is good or bad. I dont undurstand it as well but i got friends how are doing graffiti on trains and they are people after studies like: arhitekture or history of art and for siure they arent bustards. Im not saying that scraching window is good i dont like it as well but this is how the grtaffiti loks like. There are some people saying. When its on legal wall then i like it somewere els no. But this is not working this way. Afcourse as in every thing there are people usualy some young guys how dont know what is graffit but they think that they are doing it by scraching windows or puting some shiti tags insaide the trains. I know that the problem is not graffiti but money look at all this shiti comersials on the trains or buses its like graffiti the diffrence is that somebody has paid for it and then its legal how stupid is this????????
Mr.JACOB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 12:23 AM   #64
anm
имярек

Likes (Received): 5827

Quote:
No im not satisfied. I just wanted to show u that somebody is doing grffiti in moscow as well. becouse u dont belive it .
Yes, I believe that there are people who try to do it. And I maintain for all people who have not seen Moscow metro - the trains are free of graffiti 99.99% of the time, so that you have very small chance of seeing it.

Quote:
And bad manners are then when sombady is calling somebody els a bustard but dont even know this person. U dont know any thing about graffiti but u say that this is wrong and this people are stupid..
Oh, you want me to be very precise and specific in my degfinitions. OK, "bustards" is colloquial expletive reflecting my feelings about what these people are doing. My feelings aside, these people are criminals who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for defacing and vandalizing public property.

Quote:
I will tell u some thing. I dont want to convince u that this is good or bad. I dont undurstand it as well but i got friends how are doing graffiti on trains and they are people after studies like: arhitekture or history of art and for siure they arent bustards.
Again, they are criminals who should be fined and jailed.

Quote:
Im not saying that scraching window is good i dont like it as well but this is how the grtaffiti loks like. There are some people saying. When its on legal wall then i like it somewere els no. But this is not working this way. Afcourse as in every thing there are people usualy some young guys how dont know what is graffit but they think that they are doing it by scraching windows or puting some shiti tags insaide the trains. I know that the problem is not graffiti but money look at all this shiti comersials on the trains or buses its like graffiti the diffrence is that somebody has paid for it and then its legal how stupid is this????????
I know very well what graffiti looks like. I've seen enough of it in US cities (NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, etc.)I do not like it in any shape or form. Period. And there is no point bringing up advertisement here - it is totally different. You are trying to be apologetic about graffiti, I suspect you have an agenda. Perhaps you are one of those people defacing property?

The rule is (and has always been): if it is not your property - do not touch it.
You like graffiti - buy yourself a house and paint it (if your neighbours will tolerate it).

Advertisement is legal, it is governed by laws. If majority of us dislike it - we can change these laws. This happens all the time in civilized societies, there is nothing stupid about it. Graffiti is illegal. The only thing I'd like to discuss in relation to it is what should be done better to stop these vandals.
anm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:34 AM   #65
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Mr.JACOB, I never seen any graffiti in metro. I use it several times per day every day. But I never seen any graffiti.
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:48 AM   #66
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

Should rail yards and rail depots be places of high security?

They are a neccessity in most cities... Getting people around.
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:51 AM   #67
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone
Should rail yards and rail depots be places of high security?

They are a neccessity in most cities... Getting people around.
Definitely! Just like what happened in Manila years back!

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:54 AM   #68
redstone
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH
Definitely! Just like what happened in Manila years back!
But hearing what's happening to depots and yards in other cities, I wonder why are those places not high security areas.....

What happened in Manila?
Old February 2nd, 2006, 10:58 AM   #69
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
But hearing what's happening to depots and yards in other cities, I wonder why are those places not high security areas.....

What happened in Manila?
They are but remember that some die-hards get managed to sneak in and paint some trains. To make it simpler, they know the yards pretty well, where to enter, timing and all that!

Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:02 AM   #70
redstone
Lurker

Quote:
They are but remember that some die-hards get managed to sneak in and paint some trains. To make it simpler, they know the yards pretty well, where to enter, timing and all that!

Singapore's MRT depots have bush hedge barriers, barbed wire fencing. Only a few gates. Every employee or contractor has to go pass these gates, which are guarded. Depots are high security places here.

But I can't say the same for the KTM Intercity train line. They're managed by Malaysia's KTMB.

What happened in Manila???
Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:06 AM   #71
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Singapore's MRT depots have bush hedge barriers, barbed wire fencing. Only a few gates. Every employee or contractor has to go pass these gates, which are guarded. Depots are high security places here.

But I can't say the same for the KTM Intercity train line. They're managed by Malaysia's KTMB.

What happened in Manila???
The one in Manila, look at the picture!

But if someone gets caught painting a train in Singapore or even attempting to paint one, the punishment is severe!

Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:12 AM   #72
redstone
Lurker

Quote:
The one in Manila, look at the picture!

But if someone gets caught painting a train in Singapore or even attempting to paint one, the punishment is severe!
Never ever heard anyone that had attempted to break into rail depots here before...

All trains are housed in huge rail garages (or whatever those huge buildings where trains are parked are called)....
Old February 2nd, 2006, 11:15 AM   #73
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Never ever heard anyone that had attempted to break into rail depots here before...

All trains are housed in huge rail garages (or whatever those huge buildings where trains are parked are called)....
Most of them are except probably NYC!

And yeah, Manila's trains can't escape it's wrath

Old February 2nd, 2006, 04:49 PM   #74
loadsofbulls

Likes (Received): 0

The graffitti are horrible. They make the towns like slum. In Tokyo, there are no such trashy trains. They've always been in perfect condition.
loadsofbulls no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 01:07 AM   #75
Mr.JACOB

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm
Yes, I believe that there are people who try to do it. And I maintain for all people who have not seen Moscow metro - the trains are free of graffiti 99.99% of the time, so that you have very small chance of seeing it.

Oh, you want me to be very precise and specific in my degfinitions. OK, "bustards" is colloquial expletive reflecting my feelings about what these people are doing. My feelings aside, these people are criminals who should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for defacing and vandalizing public property.

Again, they are criminals who should be fined and jailed.

I know very well what graffiti looks like. I've seen enough of it in US cities (NYC, Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Boston, etc.)I do not like it in any shape or form. Period. And there is no point bringing up advertisement here - it is totally different. You are trying to be apologetic about graffiti, I suspect you have an agenda. Perhaps you are one of those people defacing property?

The rule is (and has always been): if it is not your property - do not touch it.
You like graffiti - buy yourself a house and paint it (if your neighbours will tolerate it).

Advertisement is legal, it is governed by laws. If majority of us dislike it - we can change these laws. This happens all the time in civilized societies, there is nothing stupid about it. Graffiti is illegal. The only thing I'd like to discuss in relation to it is what should be done better to stop these vandals.
As i sad before i dont want to convince anyone. I just want to say that people how dont know what its all about (its not enought to see painted wals) and people who compare it to drug dillers, killers and so on are narow mindet. Thats it. About thr advertisment if u got the power please change it ok. I will say ones again its all about money. If u want i can prove it to u.
1. In my city some graffiti writers did advertisment for the pepsi company. They painted the whole train in smal MD pictures. Of course pepsi payd for that. But unfortunetly i dont have any flix so u will not belive me right?
2. German Writers made a movie That is Called Whole Train. They just gave the money to Railway Company and no problem The Whole Train was ready.
http://www.wholetrain.com/main_english.html

And for the end some nice Advertisments compering to ILLEGAL shiti graffiti:

LEGAL
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6...4mac0012et.jpg
ILLEGAL
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2...skskm5b6ac.jpg
LEGAL
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4...nskskm89qb.jpg
ILLEGAL
http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/8052/madseen6to.jpg
LEGAL
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8330/super2zq.jpg
ILLEGAL
http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3...id091032tw.jpg

And here is a legal wholetrain from porto alegre in brazil:
http://www.lost.art.br/124_wholetrain.htm
Mr.JACOB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 07:21 AM   #76
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by loadsofbulls

The graffitti are horrible. They make the towns like slum. In Tokyo, there are no such trashy trains. They've always been in perfect condition.

BTW Mr. Jacob, now that whole train thing in Germany isn't sport man! Same as what Cope2 did for his video!

Old February 3rd, 2006, 10:53 AM   #77
crazyjoeda
Mac User

Likes (Received): 6

Iv never seen Graffiti on the out side of a Skytrain or Bus in Vancouver. There are some times a few small tags on the inside.
Old February 3rd, 2006, 11:00 AM   #78
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyjoeda
Iv never seen Graffiti on the out side of a Skytrain or Bus in Vancouver. There are some times a few small tags on the inside.
as posted earlier

Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:54 PM   #79
invincible
Lurker

Likes (Received): 523

I'd hate to see graffiti covering a train like that. There's a depot on my line and today I had a look over (since the train had stopped to let a staff member off) and noticed that there was plenty of barbed wire and cameras.

Trains in storage, however, don't get this sort of treatment.

Besides, Melbourne's operators have changed so much that a graffitied train could just wait until the company in charge pulls out or renames itself again.
invincible no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 3rd, 2006, 12:59 PM   #80
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible
I'd hate to see graffiti covering a train like that. There's a depot on my line and today I had a look over (since the train had stopped to let a staff member off) and noticed that there was plenty of barbed wire and cameras.
It's because of this!