daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Lahore Projects

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 315 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #381
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

Posted by Imran:

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..

OmI92 liked this post
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old April 22nd, 2006, 02:23 AM   #382
malpensa

Likes (Received): 9986

KARACHI: A French retail company, Carrefour, will start operating in Karachi by next year, said Consul-General of France in Karachi Pierre Seillan while talking to APP on Friday. He said that Carrefour had sent its representative to make preparations for the purpose. Seillan said that the French company would open a huge retail facility in the city. He said that a similar facility was also planned for Lahore. Seillan said that the trade ties between France and Pakistan were increasing. APP

OmI92 liked this post
malpensa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:46 AM   #383
Kashmiri84
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

How do mods just edit what i write? simply because im not a government mouthpiece that loves every little project that comes up. All i said was that this project is better than some of the other stuff coming up. If anything thats a compliment, but so much for freespeech and proper moderation.
Kashmiri84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:15 AM   #384
NewYork-wala
BANNED

Likes (Received): 95

yeah, why are moderators deleting peoples oppinions?
NewYork-wala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 02:55 PM   #385
vc15nets

Likes (Received): 61

^Yeah! Hypermarkets in Pakistan!

@UP:Great post. I hope it turns out the way it is in the render cause its lookin great.

OmI92 liked this post
vc15nets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM   #386
Techno-Architect
BANNED

Likes (Received): 176

i request the moderator to not edit anyone post! Let the criticizm regarding the design b open! everyone should have the freedom plus the use of appropriate words n phrases should be kept in mind while criticizing!!
Techno-Architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #387
vazim

Likes (Received): 259

Green Line (Lahore Rapid Mass Transit System)

3:47 PM on March 15, 2006
3 more mass rail transit lines proposed

* Ever increasing traffic in city main reason for new proposal
* Green Line will start from Shahdara, pass Ravi Road, Data Gunj Buksh shrine, Lower Mall, Upper Mall, Queens Road, Ferozepur Road near Kalma Chowk, Model Town I and II, General Hospital and will end at Kahna
By Khawaja Naseer
LAHORE: MVA Asia, a Hong Kong-based engineering company, has proposed constructing three more lines for the Lahore Rapid Mass Transit System (LRMTS) because of the constantly increasing traffic in the city, senior Punjab government sources told Daily Times on Monday.
Initially, MVA Asia was given the contract to prepare the technical feasibility of the transit system's Green Line whose construction cost was estimated at about $2 billion, sources said, adding that MVA Asia had planned to design the Green Line covering an area of 27 kilometres from Shahdara to Kahna.
The four lines that LRMTS planned were based on an elevated and underground system, which would connect all areas of the city, sources said.
The elevated portion of the Green Line would start from Shahdara, will pass through Ravi Road, Data Gunj Buksh shrine, Lower Mall, The Mall, Queens Road and Ferozepur Road near Kalma Chowk, sources said, adding that the underground portion would begin from Kalama Chowk, pass through Model Town I and II, General Hospital and end at Kahna.
Green Line's proposed design included 19 stops including Shahdara, Timber Market, Bhaati Gate, Lahore Museum, Regal Chowk, Ganga Ram Hospital, Mozang Chungi, Ichhra, Wahdat Road, Gaddafi Stadium, Kalma Chowk, Model Town I and II and Kahna, sources added.
Train stations on the elevated route would be designed like overhead bridges while train stations on the underground route would have two entranceways and two exits, sources said, adding that MVA Asia was studying the London and New Delhi underground systems.
They also said the engineering company had designed the other three proposed lines. According to the design, a second line would start from Thokar Niaz Baig and would end at Daroghanwala, covering about 22 kilometres, sources said.
From Thokar, the proposed line would be elevated and would pass through Mansoora, Multan Road, Lake Road, Lakshmi Chowk and Railway Station from where the line's underground portion would begin, passing through Tezab Ahatha, Bhagwanpura, University of Engineering and Technology, Shalimar Gardens and Daroghanwala, sources added.
The third line would start from Chauburji and end at College Road, sources said, adding that from Chauburji the line would pass through Mozang Chungi, Shadman Chowk, Jail Road, Mian Boulevard Gulberg, Mian Boulevard Garden Town, Faisal Town and end at College Road, sources said.
The fourth line would start from Bhaati Chowk and end at Allama Iqbal International Airport. The line would pass through Bhaati Chowk, Brandreth Road, Railway Station, Allama Iqbal Road, Dharampura, Ghazi Road and end at Allama Iqbal International Airport, sources added. The Green Line would facilitate about 350,000 people, sources said, adding that the project's technical study would be completed by the end of May 2006. They said that to facilitate Lahoris the Punjab government had also started the Ring Road project.
The Punjab Transport Department is supervising the project while NESPAK is providing technical help on the Ring Road project. The Punjab Communications and Works Department is managing the Ring Road project.
Sources said that to avoid technical differences between both projects Punjab Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi had asked the Punjab Planning and Development Department to coordinate between the C&W and Transport Departments.
A mass transit system for Lahore has been the focus of discussion in government circles for many years. The feasibility of a light rail transit system was made by Japanese development organisation JICA in 1991 during Nawaz Sharif's term as prime minister. It had proposed a 13-kilometre-long system. The study was reviewed and updated as part of the World Bank funded "Lahore traffic and transport studies" in 1993.
The system's cost was estimated at about $400 million, but with better network coverage. In 1995 Japan proposed financing the original scheme with grants and loans of about $495 million, but the project could not be implemented due to many reasons.
Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-3-2006_pg7_20

P.S. how i can insert an image ??
vazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:22 PM   #388
vc15nets

Likes (Received): 61

^Nice...but I'm totally against elevated mass transit...it will ruin the beauty and the openness of Lahore.
vc15nets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:20 PM   #389
vazim

Likes (Received): 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by vc15nets
^Nice...but I'm totally against elevated mass transit...it will ruin the beauty and the openness of Lahore.
I believe it will be mix of undergroud and elevated. Just like Delhi...

Unfortunately I couldn't find more detailed information .....
vazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:38 PM   #390
Techno-Architect
BANNED

i wouldnt talk abt the news much more untill i dont c an implementation!!

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #391
KB

Likes (Received): 4321

yes there have been many plans without implentations.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 05:27 AM   #392
Scribbller

Likes (Received): 15

I dont think underground railway is cut out for Pakistan, in day light law and order situation is appaling imagine what would happen underground.

OmI92 liked this post
Scribbller no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 11:28 PM   #393
Techno-Architect
BANNED

Ali Tower on MMALAM will be coming soon with 25 floors and 4 mechanical parking.....the mechanical parking will be first of its own kind to be introduced in Pakistan. LandmarkConsultants have designed it.....the design and other details are being finalised before its gonna be launched!

Landmark is now moving out of lahore, they have got projects in Gujranwala, Shahdara, Multan, DI Khan, Faisalabad.......currently they have a staff around 50 ppl.......with every 1project they launch, they catch 3-4 projects.......ive been workin as an internee there fer 3months and its really fun......

I have pix of Gulberg Arcade, PC Steel Construction pix, and im gonna visit Aashiana Centre next week with class so ill have loads of pix......but that may take time to b posted since i lack in time n they take time fer uploading.....but keep ur finger crossed!

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 27th, 2006, 08:26 PM   #394
malpensa

Likes (Received): 9986

"PC Steel Construction pix" whats this?

OmI92 liked this post
malpensa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:37 AM   #395
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1829

i have just come back from lahore and will give you news and pictures soon.
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #396
pakboy
London is London

Quote:
Originally Posted by malpensa
"PC Steel Construction pix" whats this?

he must be talking about the latest picture of pc hotel, they have a 2 floor steel frame on top of the current building and are expanding the hotel.
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:09 PM   #397
PakFan
Give generously

Likes (Received): 160

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakboy
i have just come back from lahore and will give you news and pictures soon.
Good to have you back.

OmI92 liked this post
PakFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #398
PakFan
Give generously

Likes (Received): 160

A development status report on SZC in todays' Daily Times:

Also on Thursday, the Punjab chief minister presided over a meeting to review the pace of the implementation of the Sheikh Zayed Project and other development plans in the province.

He said that the government had undertaken a number of mega projects for the socio-economic development of the public.

The meeting was also attended by Punjab Chief Secretary Salman Siddique, Planning and Development Chairman Salman Ghani, Lahore District Nazim Mian Amir Mehmood, senior member of the Board of Revenue Safdar Javed, and Pervaiz A Shahid, the chief executive of ‘Tawaan’ – a joint venture of the Dhabi Group and the Punjab government. Housing Secretary Khalid Sultan gave a briefing regarding different aspects of the project.

The chief minister said that a “conducive atmosphere” had been created in the province for the promotion of local and foreign investment. The Sheikh Zayed Complex would be constructed on Ferozepur Road over an area of 409,500 square feet, and would prove to be “a milestone” in the promotion of trade and recreational activities, he said. He said that the centre would generate thousands of jobs.

The 55-storey centre would be the tallest building in Pakistan, and would be shockproof, he said. The centre would comprise a five-star hotel, luxury apartments, a banquet hall to host 500 people and a parking basement for 4,000 cars, Elahi said. The chief minister ordered the officials concerned to complete all legal formalities for the approval for the construction of the centre as soon as possible.

OmI92 liked this post
PakFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #399
pakboy
London is London

malik riaz of bahria town has announced that he will build all 7 wonders of the world in pakistan and is starting by making the taj mahal in lahore on raiwind road.
Old April 28th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #400
pakboy
London is London

szc has been approved, but they want to extend the project and make it bigger, currently they have 91 kanals and are trying to get more land.

Tags
development, lahore

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: