daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Lahore Projects

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 323 votes, 5.00 average.
Old May 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #461
Tagga

Likes (Received): 171

LAHORE: The Lahore Development Authority’s (LDA) governing body on Sunday approved the construction of a building higher than allowed by LDA law on Upper Mall and allotted a plot to the Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) in Gulberg for a 132KV grid station.

Lahore Nazim Mian Amer Mehmood presided over the LDA governing body meeting, which was also attended by the LDA director general, various town nazims and other senior City District Government Lahore officials. The LDA governing body also approved various public sector development projects.

The meeting also allowed the Expo Centre in Johar Town, which is under construction, to be higher than allowed by LDA law. The building on Upper Mall will be constructed on the plot where the Services International Hotel stood.

http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-5-2006_pg13_2
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

We still have damn height limits.

OmI92 liked this post
Tagga no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 16th, 2006, 07:06 AM   #462
Tagga

Ali Tower

Ali Tower is now being advertised in papers, no building render yet, just the mechanical parking.

We are going to have a render in one or two days, it is said to be 22 storeys tall.

OmI92 liked this post

Last edited by Tagga; May 16th, 2006 at 08:06 AM.
Old May 16th, 2006, 08:26 AM   #463
Tagga

It was therefore not surprising that quite a few hotel chains have plans to build new hotels here. Foremost are a leading UAE business house constructing a 40-plus storey Tower Hotel in the city centre in collaboration with the Punjab Government and Sheraton finally taking the plunge. A number of other under-construction multi-storey buildings are being mentioned as intended new hotels without formal announcement.
But typically, Sadaruddin Hashwani, the country’s leading hotelier, who owns the Pearl Continental chain has already taken the lead. Both the further expansion of the Lahore Pearl and addition of a 42-storey Tower Hotel are already on the anvil.
The Pearl is to add 150 new rooms by early next year, 50 in the resplendent new wing and 90 in the old wing. The Tower Hotel should be ready in two years with its 470 rooms.
Pearl Lahore will by early next year have 625 rooms to retain its edge as the largest and most modern and luxurious hotel in Pakistan.

http://www.nation.com.pk/daily/april...localnews6.php

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #464
PakFan
Give generously

Likes (Received): 160

I'm not too sure what their source (or the location) of the Sheraton is. By the UAE investor, I'm assuming they are referring to SZC.

OmI92 liked this post
PakFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 11:29 AM   #465
Tagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakFan
I'm not too sure what their source (or the location) of the Sheraton is. By the UAE investor, I'm assuming they are referring to SZC.
Its not confirmed but its being said that SZC will have Grand Hyatt Lahore.

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 16th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #466
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 1829

SZC is 60 not 40 though.

i also dnt think sheraton is coming back any time soon, cos they were suppose to build one in lahore but haswani of pc lured them out of it.

OmI92 liked this post
pakboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM   #467
Tagga

Sheraton wanted to build a 20 Storey tower in Cantt. but the authorities did'nt allow them because of security reasons, dont know what happened after that.

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 17th, 2006, 12:51 AM   #468
X-entric
BANNED

Likes (Received): 155

what is this Ali tower by the way? I have never seen or heard of an automated car parking building.Is it possible? or is it just an advert of a standard multi-story car park?

OmI92 liked this post
X-entric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:08 AM   #469
vadvaro

Likes (Received): 6

I'd like to know more about this automated parking...

I'd like to know more about this proposed automated parking in Ali Tower. I'd met a couple of weeks back with one of the add'l directors of LDA and proposed automated parking for a project. I was told that LDA has, to date, allowed only one project to have automated parking. This project was conceived and constructed more than 10 years ago. Since the principals of the project did not make good on their plan to provide automated parking, LDA now takes a poor view of any proposal for automated parking. I'd also subsequently met with a couple of LDA inspectors and was told that the project approval committee had rejected another recent proposal for automated parking on the grounds that the service time for customers was far to slow to be practical. Although we don't yet know what the outcome of any future proposals will be, I wanted to add this info to the general discussion because this solution may need to be advocated again (perhaps in a different or more refined manner) until developers are actually able to prevail. Just to give you a bit of background, automated parking (mechanical movement and placement of automobiles for better space utilization) has been in use since the late 1940's in Japan and the early to mid 1950's in Germany. It is used extensively in the Netherlands, Germany, Japan and (to a slightly lesser degree) in England. It is a worthwile solution to consider for long-term parking (one entry-exit cycle >= 24 hours) and may be appropriate for application in Pakistan. I'm trying to find a way to get past the knee-jerk reactions of nay-sayers in our market. I'm hoping there are more people on this board that can add to this discussion with constructive input. I hope that Techno-Architect and I are not the only people who are actually engaged in the nuts and bolts of high-rise development. I'll try contacting the Ali Tower principals/staff to find out more about their solution and how they've pitched it to LDA. In the meanwhile I hope that someone from the SSC community can add info on this topic. I am working on multiple development tracks for my projects and it might be a while before I can touch base with the Ali Tower people. Thank you in advance for your input.

OmI92 liked this post
vadvaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #470
sher-e-lahore

Likes (Received): 26

Garden Heights Lahore

Garden Height Intro

Tricon Site

Tricon Site

Tricon Site

Tricon Site

Tricon Site

OmI92 liked this post
sher-e-lahore no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 11:16 AM   #471
Dallas1

Likes (Received): 699

don't we have any body other than Nayyer Ali Dada designing Lahore’s buildings, I don’t consider him an innovative person any more same old beat up designs
Dallas1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 03:04 PM   #472
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

Likes (Received): 891

sher-e-lahore why are you posting the old pics
PakiDoperz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #473
Tagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadvaro
I'd like to know more about this proposed automated parking in Ali Tower.
It works like this, you park your car in garage whos floor is actually a lift, when the door closes the lift takes the car and places it in a steel structure.
So basically its like have your own exclusive garage, you leave it in a single car garage and you get it in a single car garage.

It works on machine readable cards so you actually have to have some kind of member ship to use this kind of parking (in most cases).

OmI92 liked this post

Last edited by Tagga; May 17th, 2006 at 09:22 PM.
Old May 18th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #474
Tagga

According to an international newspaper TRUST LEASING AND INVESTMENT BANK is going to construct a 20 Storey building in Downtown Lahore (source: ASIF KAMAL the new owner of the bank, he stated this at Porsche Launch at Lahore to a journalist BTW 30 Porsches already sold )

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 18th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #475
X-entric
BANNED

Likes (Received): 155

So did this ALI TOWER get approval for their automated car park? where are they going to build it? I think these automated park lots are needed only in locations where land cost is extremely high and there is a huge need to save space and money.I think normal drive around parking lots are OK for now for Pakistan and Lahore specifically because we've got lot of land.........except for 'androon shehr' and shah-alami area maybe where this kind of automated systems might be needed.

OmI92 liked this post
X-entric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:11 AM   #476
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

That is a area that has a extremely huge lack of parking spots. I always have trouble in that area.

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..

OmI92 liked this post
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM   #477
Tagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-entric
So did this ALI TOWER get approval for their automated car park? where are they going to build it? I think these automated park lots are needed only in locations where land cost is extremely high and there is a huge need to save space and money.I think normal drive around parking lots are OK for now for Pakistan and Lahore specifically because we've got lot of land.........except for 'androon shehr' and shah-alami area maybe where this kind of automated systems might be needed.
We do need that and they must have got it approved that is why they are advertising it. Its not about how much land you have, its about the price of land, some dealers claim that M.M.Alam road has the most expensive property in Pakistan.

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 18th, 2006, 05:42 PM   #478
pakboy
London is London

i dnt like the idea of that car park on mm alam road, you will need atleast 20 kanals+ to make a tower plus a mechanical car park, but you can barly find 5 kanals on mm alam road these days. there are many parking problems but with imax center's car park containing 3000 spaces it should be sorted out.
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:33 PM   #479
Tagga

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakboy
i dnt like the idea of that car park on mm alam road, you will need atleast 20 kanals+ to make a tower plus a mechanical car park, but you can barly find 5 kanals on mm alam road these days. there are many parking problems but with imax center's car park containing 3000 spaces it should be sorted out.
IMAX may not get built, Lahore High Court has held up its construction.

OmI92 liked this post
Old May 18th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #480
pakboy
London is London

it won the case months ago. construction has been in full flow since.

Tags
development, lahore

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: