daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South Asia > Mehfil Pakistan > Lahore Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1714 votes, 5.00 average.
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:33 PM   #461
NewYork-wala
BANNED

Likes (Received): 95

Whats up with all those antenna things on the roof?
NewYork-wala no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:30 PM   #462
vadvaro

Likes (Received): 6

An explanation, a suggestion and an apology

Perhaps I've misunderstood the intent or thinking behind this thread.

Looking at the top of this page I see descriptive phrases that serve as a search mechanism for progressively funnelling content from general to specific topics. The last two phrases (Projects and Updates > Lahore: Progress News & Updates) have lead me to believe that that the posts in this thread (will) consist of news about specific commercial construction projects (proposed or in progress) in or around Lahore.

This has been my understanding of why this thread exists. That is why I was surprised to see posts of articles about foreign artists' performances or about the WB issuing loans for irrigation infrastructure development or improvement.

My intent is not to stop anyone from posting such articles but rather to bring notice of these articles having been placed in this thread, in error. I'd be delighted to see these same articles, albeit in slightly different threads. For example how about creating the following threads?
1. Regulatory Issues & Developments
2. Government/Civic Projects
3. Arts & Entertainment
4. Greenspace Development/Conservation
5. Compliance & Permitting Issues and Procedures
6. Construction Industry Issues & Developments
7. Professionals' Corner (challenges and opportunities facing the professions of Developers/Architects/Builders/Construcion financiers etc. in Pakistan)

This structure might help us better pinpoint the threads that most concern us.

I'd like to solicit feedback from the rest of the Pakistan board community. What does everyone else think? Your suggestions and input could help improve our little part of Skyscraper City.

UP, I've posted this message in the Lahore Projects thread because this is where the issue originated for a few of us, please move this post to the suggestion box thread if you see fit.

Regards,
Vadvaro

p.s. Sania, my apologies if I've offended you. I hope that I've offered constructive criticism in this message. The last thing I want is people feeling unwelcome to this board.

OmI92 liked this post
vadvaro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 09:36 PM   #463
Techno-Architect
BANNED

Likes (Received): 177

juss the design element....nothin functional~!!
Techno-Architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #464
vadvaro

Whoops!

Correction to my earlier post. I suggest that we create new forums (and not threads) as suggested in my prior post. Also, ignore any categories that already exist (ex. we already have a place to post entertainment related messages), or consider renaming the existing forum names.

Regards,
Vadvaro

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 18th, 2006, 05:09 AM   #465
PakiDoperz
Pk-256-0088

Likes (Received): 931

ill go with vadvaro
PakiDoperz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 06:52 AM   #466
asfar
-----

Likes (Received): 43

vadvaro great to have u here...we need more people like u....sooo intelect lol

OmI92 liked this post
asfar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #467
zainman

Likes (Received): 1

hi please check out this thread about lahore and reply if you have any information. thanks

http://skyscrapercity.com/showthread...24#post8087824

OmI92 liked this post
zainman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #468
huit

Likes (Received): 183

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYork-wala
The forum here is called Lahore, progress news and update... I dont see how Sania's posts are anything but relevant. They are all regarding the development of the city...
ETPB plans to raise rent for evacuee property <--- I guess that's progress!

OmI92 liked this post
huit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #469
NewYork-wala
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by huit
ETPB plans to raise rent for evacuee property <--- I guess that's progress!
Its regarding developments taking place in Lahore, and such news however insignificant, is still part of the development going on n the city... In this case, Real estate.

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 19th, 2006, 11:48 AM   #470
vadvaro

Uh-oh...

NewYork-wala
I respectfully disagree with you on this point. I'd rather have seen the post on the ETPB in a forum called Regulatory Issues & Developments. BTW, where in NY are/were you? I lived in NY for a long time and have accumulated a mixed bag of memories from the tri-state area.

Huit
Although I agree with you, I wouldn't have been as sarcastic; let's play nice with the rest of the kids in our sandbox now.

All
Is there anyone among our community with technical writing or project management experience? Perhaps they could weigh in on how we might improve the topic structure on the Pakistan board.

Regards,
Vadvaro

p.s. Either my earlier post has had a chilling effect or the high-rise construction market is slowing down; I haven't seen many posts lately about project development/construction progress in Lahore. I'll try to be a part of the solution by taking a few pictures as I crawl around the city with my begging bowl in front of me.
V

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM   #471
NewYork-wala
BANNED

^Well, the question is in definition of the term Development..
Im currently in El Paso Texas, but my home base is in Brooklyn. I live about 15 minutes drive from Coney Island avenue, or little Pakistan as some call it

OmI92 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #472
Tagga

Likes (Received): 171

EOI for the Construction of 150ft Tall BAAB-E-PAKISTAN on 24 ft high platform have been invited again so I guess that we wont be seeing any construction before fall 2006.

OmI92 liked this post
Tagga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 06:52 PM   #473
PakFan
Give generously

Likes (Received): 163

Has anybody heard anything about the Faletti's site? The silence is deafening.

OmI92 liked this post
PakFan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:24 PM   #474
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 414

Posted by Imran:

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..

OmI92 liked this post
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2006, 02:23 AM   #475
malpensa

Likes (Received): 11221

KARACHI: A French retail company, Carrefour, will start operating in Karachi by next year, said Consul-General of France in Karachi Pierre Seillan while talking to APP on Friday. He said that Carrefour had sent its representative to make preparations for the purpose. Seillan said that the French company would open a huge retail facility in the city. He said that a similar facility was also planned for Lahore. Seillan said that the trade ties between France and Pakistan were increasing. APP

OmI92 liked this post
malpensa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 01:46 AM   #476
Kashmiri84
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

How do mods just edit what i write? simply because im not a government mouthpiece that loves every little project that comes up. All i said was that this project is better than some of the other stuff coming up. If anything thats a compliment, but so much for freespeech and proper moderation.
Kashmiri84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 06:15 AM   #477
NewYork-wala
BANNED

yeah, why are moderators deleting peoples oppinions?
Old April 23rd, 2006, 02:55 PM   #478
vc15nets

Likes (Received): 61

^Yeah! Hypermarkets in Pakistan!

@UP:Great post. I hope it turns out the way it is in the render cause its lookin great.

OmI92 liked this post
vc15nets no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2006, 08:31 PM   #479
Techno-Architect
BANNED

Likes (Received): 177

i request the moderator to not edit anyone post! Let the criticizm regarding the design b open! everyone should have the freedom plus the use of appropriate words n phrases should be kept in mind while criticizing!!
Techno-Architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #480
vazim

Likes (Received): 291

Green Line (Lahore Rapid Mass Transit System)

3:47 PM on March 15, 2006
3 more mass rail transit lines proposed

* Ever increasing traffic in city main reason for new proposal
* Green Line will start from Shahdara, pass Ravi Road, Data Gunj Buksh shrine, Lower Mall, Upper Mall, Queens Road, Ferozepur Road near Kalma Chowk, Model Town I and II, General Hospital and will end at Kahna
By Khawaja Naseer
LAHORE: MVA Asia, a Hong Kong-based engineering company, has proposed constructing three more lines for the Lahore Rapid Mass Transit System (LRMTS) because of the constantly increasing traffic in the city, senior Punjab government sources told Daily Times on Monday.
Initially, MVA Asia was given the contract to prepare the technical feasibility of the transit system's Green Line whose construction cost was estimated at about $2 billion, sources said, adding that MVA Asia had planned to design the Green Line covering an area of 27 kilometres from Shahdara to Kahna.
The four lines that LRMTS planned were based on an elevated and underground system, which would connect all areas of the city, sources said.
The elevated portion of the Green Line would start from Shahdara, will pass through Ravi Road, Data Gunj Buksh shrine, Lower Mall, The Mall, Queens Road and Ferozepur Road near Kalma Chowk, sources said, adding that the underground portion would begin from Kalama Chowk, pass through Model Town I and II, General Hospital and end at Kahna.
Green Line's proposed design included 19 stops including Shahdara, Timber Market, Bhaati Gate, Lahore Museum, Regal Chowk, Ganga Ram Hospital, Mozang Chungi, Ichhra, Wahdat Road, Gaddafi Stadium, Kalma Chowk, Model Town I and II and Kahna, sources added.
Train stations on the elevated route would be designed like overhead bridges while train stations on the underground route would have two entranceways and two exits, sources said, adding that MVA Asia was studying the London and New Delhi underground systems.
They also said the engineering company had designed the other three proposed lines. According to the design, a second line would start from Thokar Niaz Baig and would end at Daroghanwala, covering about 22 kilometres, sources said.
From Thokar, the proposed line would be elevated and would pass through Mansoora, Multan Road, Lake Road, Lakshmi Chowk and Railway Station from where the line's underground portion would begin, passing through Tezab Ahatha, Bhagwanpura, University of Engineering and Technology, Shalimar Gardens and Daroghanwala, sources added.
The third line would start from Chauburji and end at College Road, sources said, adding that from Chauburji the line would pass through Mozang Chungi, Shadman Chowk, Jail Road, Mian Boulevard Gulberg, Mian Boulevard Garden Town, Faisal Town and end at College Road, sources said.
The fourth line would start from Bhaati Chowk and end at Allama Iqbal International Airport. The line would pass through Bhaati Chowk, Brandreth Road, Railway Station, Allama Iqbal Road, Dharampura, Ghazi Road and end at Allama Iqbal International Airport, sources added. The Green Line would facilitate about 350,000 people, sources said, adding that the project's technical study would be completed by the end of May 2006. They said that to facilitate Lahoris the Punjab government had also started the Ring Road project.
The Punjab Transport Department is supervising the project while NESPAK is providing technical help on the Ring Road project. The Punjab Communications and Works Department is managing the Ring Road project.
Sources said that to avoid technical differences between both projects Punjab Chief Minister Pervaiz Elahi had asked the Punjab Planning and Development Department to coordinate between the C&W and Transport Departments.
A mass transit system for Lahore has been the focus of discussion in government circles for many years. The feasibility of a light rail transit system was made by Japanese development organisation JICA in 1991 during Nawaz Sharif's term as prime minister. It had proposed a 13-kilometre-long system. The study was reviewed and updated as part of the World Bank funded "Lahore traffic and transport studies" in 1993.
The system's cost was estimated at about $400 million, but with better network coverage. In 1995 Japan proposed financing the original scheme with grants and loans of about $495 million, but the project could not be implemented due to many reasons.
Source: http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default...-3-2006_pg7_20

P.S. how i can insert an image ??
vazim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, lahore

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: