daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2006, 02:44 PM   #101
ncon
Dangerous User

Likes (Received): 543

Route of 4 new Jakarta BRT lines underconstruction. Open for operation Jan 2007.

Line 4 PULO GADUNG - DUKUH ATAS

Line 5 KAMPUNG MELAYU - ANCOL

Line 6 RAGUNAN - KUNINGAN

Line 7 KAMPUNG MELAYU - KAMPUNG RAMBUTAN

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2006, 03:48 PM   #102
chico_pastor
A vida em movimento!MP :)

Likes (Received): 0

Nowadays the construction of bus lanes is the best solution to manage with the high density of transit. This solution is being implemented in some european countries as France and Portugal.
Good work Jakarta Nice bus system
Old September 1st, 2006, 11:07 AM   #103
allurban
All Urban

Likes (Received): 6

I visited Jakarta last week and I was impressed with the system.

I like the fact that they have introduced the buses...and they were really flying compared to the rest of us losers stuck in traffic :p

I found the high floor system to be kind of interesting...and I noticed that there are many different sources for the buses as well.

There are some small things that could be considered....for waaaay off in the future because for now, the system is great

a) longer buses/articulated buses
b) do something about the interchange at hentian Harmoni...I saw something that looks like the raised dais at a parade...quite unlike the other stops (hentian).
c) make the buses look more....like LRVs :p Yes, it may sound a little stupid, but it is part of the psychology of Bus Rapid Transit.

Overall, Jakarta has done a good job with Transjakarta and I am formally proposing that Kuala Lumpur use Bus Rapid Transit systems for faster rapid transit expansion, and that they should use the TransJakarta system as a local SEAsia example.

If anyone can give me some stats about numbers and costs and ridership for TransJakarta, that would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers, m
allurban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #104
ncon
Dangerous User

taken from: www.thejakartapost.com

Skywalks and bendy buses for busway

The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

Come January, Busway riders will notice a few new things about the system.

The Jakarta Transportation Agency plans to build transfer bridges between different corridors and stations to save space and make trips more convenient.

The agency will also bring in articulated, or "bendy", buses for corridor V between Kampung Melayu in East Jakarta and Ancol in North Jakarta.

"We will build a sky walk between paid areas and transfer bridges in Senen, between Matraman and Pramuka and between Dukuh Atas and Landmakr," said agency traffic management unit head Muhammad Akbar on Monday.

"This will make traveling with the busway faster. People holding paid tickets won't have to go out of paid areas," Akbar said.

The longest sky bridge will be one connecting corridors V and I along Jl. Sudirman, which will stretch about 200 meters.

Akbar said the agency would also build "floating" stations above the bus way on corridor V on Jl. Mampang Prapatan.

"Because the street there is really narrow, we have be innovative to make use of the space," he said, adding that the ticketing booth and transaction area would be in the floating station and passengers would access the bus via a ramp. Three floating stations will be built over the Jl. Mampang Prapatan crossroads in front of the Immigration Office.

"Usually, we have around three or four square meters of land to build a busway station on. But in this area, we only have about one or two square meters," Akbar said.

Articulated buses, which consist of two buses connected by an accordion bend, will also help smooth out the busway system.

"So far we can only accommodate corridor V due to its straight road. We'll see if we can implement it in other corridors," Akbar said.

Jakarta Park Agency head Sarwo Handayani said the agency would consider providing plants and flowers for the bridges and stations if space permitted.

"We can put bougainvillea flowers on the bridges. As soon as we know if it's possible we can start making arrangements," she said Monday.

Some residents have suggested that if the articulated buses help reduce congestion in corridor V then they should be used on all routes, while others are concerned they may not work.

Oki Gultom, who lives in Rawamangun, East Jakarta, and works on Jl. MH Thamrin, said Monday that the articulated buses might be redundant and inefficient in areas where other vehicles crossed paths with busway buses, such as around the Hotel Indonesia traffic circle in Central Jakarta.

"During busy times in corridor I (Blok M in South Jakarta to Kota in West Jakarta), buses catch up with each other within three minutes. If the capacity and quantity of single buses is to be reduced and replaced with double buses, then it might be effective to maintain a time lapse between the buses," he added.
Old September 8th, 2006, 02:55 AM   #105
paradyto
entendre privilege

Ragunan to Kuningan (underconstruction)...

By Alvin…

Harmoni Central Busway - the first interchange station, for Lines I-III.

Grand opening today

paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2006, 11:51 AM   #106
allurban
All Urban

any idea on the source for the artic buses? Are they going for the single articulation or double articulation?

Cheers, m
Old September 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #107
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban
a) longer buses/articulated buses
b) do something about the interchange at hentian Harmoni...I saw something that looks like the raised dais at a parade...quite unlike the other stops (hentian).
Is it called Hentian in Bahasa Indonesia? I thought it was called Halte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban
c) make the buses look more....like LRVs :p Yes, it may sound a little stupid, but it is part of the psychology of Bus Rapid Transit.

Overall, Jakarta has done a good job with Transjakarta and I am formally proposing that Kuala Lumpur use Bus Rapid Transit systems for faster rapid transit expansion, and that they should use the TransJakarta system as a local SEAsia example.
The Jakarta busway inspired upon the TransMilenia Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) in Bogota, which in turn is based on the grand daddy of all, Curitiba's pioneering BRT system in Brazil. It is after all a great system which has been implemented in different cities all through out the globe.

But err, allurban if you are suggesting that KL use a BRT system following TransJakarta busway as an example, I honestly don't think it would work. Jakarta and Kuala Lumpur are very different cities. Yes the TransJakarta busway is great, but implementation exactly of the Jakarta example in KL must be changed. The population densities are vastly in contrast and different, Kuala Lumpur is one of the most car-dependent Asian cities, though part of this problem lies in Kuala Lumpur's relatively lower population density - 69 persons per hectare - and remote housing estates such as hilltop condominiums and apartments that are far away from the main roads. These make it harder to run a viable mass public transport system.

There is little incentive for the government to build an efficient, integrated public transport system or busway, not when it sees promoting the national car, Proton, as a priority. Firms with links to the ruling elite are also heavily involved in building toll highways, which are profitable deals given the government's backing for such projects and their high toll fees.

KL residents are a different set of commuters, they drive to work, hardly any car pooling, rarely more than 1 occupant, apart from that there is a real love affair with new highways all around town. The car is King in Kuala Lumpur unfortunately.

My point from the above is that the KL resident would definately not like to have their road conquered by a bus way. Highways and road space in Kuala Lumpur is a luxury, I've seen the current bus lanes are sometimes ignored and used by motorists, any sort of implementation of a BRT that mirrors the jakarta busway would have the KL residents in an uproar. Imagine any KL road making way for a dedicated busway, imagine Jalan Ampang or Lebuhraya Persekutuan fitting in a busway, traffic would hardly move.

The best busway for KL should be one that does NOT occupy the roads in the city, if not, we might aswell have not built the LRT's underground and above ground, if KL drivers wanted to share road real estate. The BRT to emulate for KL should be IMO the BRT's down under. Most of the major cities in Australia have some sort of BRT in place. The city of Brisbane in particular has placed a emphasis on heavy investment in public transport infrastructure of late, specifically the creation of a dedicated system of grade-separated busways, stretching across heavily used inner-city and suburban corridors. By 2012 it is expected that all 5 planned busways will be completed, linked through an underground hub in the CBD.

The Brisbane busway is the best example for KL, particularly if you were to look at the population densities of both cities and car dependency, they are very similar. Australian cities aswell as the people are very car dependent, similar to KL. The Brisbane busway is grade separated bus-only corridor running paralel on motorways, not at the middle road median like in Jakarta but at one side running next to the motorway. Within the city, the busway is underground or above ground.

The main problem in KL, because of its low density, it has the characteristics of an urban sprawl. For example Subang, Kajang, Puchong, Putrajaya, Klang, Shah Alam, Rawang are all 20-50kms away from KL, a BRT from these outer KL suburbia to the city would be fantastic and would mirror the Brisbane busway. The transjakarta is fantastic but it is like an inner city transport system, for a dense and large metropolis, it is not what I think suits KL.

Sorry folks, slightly off track.
Old September 27th, 2006, 05:45 PM   #108
Iggui
Tercermundista de corazón

Likes (Received): 1256

sounds like a big improvement for Jakarta.

i would've been surprised if this somehow was not related to the TransMilenio (http://www.transmilenio.gov.co/trans...me_english.htm ) project in Bogota Colombia, which was also the model for several other similar projects, including Santiago de Chile's transport scheme, TranSantiago (http://www.transantiago.cl/web2005/T...o_Home2005.htm )
Old October 1st, 2006, 02:07 PM   #109
allurban
All Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite View Post
There is little incentive for the government to build an efficient, integrated public transport system or busway, not when it sees promoting the national car, Proton, as a priority. Firms with links to the ruling elite are also heavily involved in building toll highways, which are profitable deals given the government's backing for such projects and their high toll fees.
Im not suggesting that KL build a copy of TransJakarta. I am suggesting that KL look a closer look at what Jakarta, Curitaba and Bogata did....introducing rapid transit using buses, before spending money on rail systems. TransJakarta is a local exemplar of BRT that KL should look at, but not necessarily follow.

Right now RapidKL has introduced the Limited Stop Trunk Buses, with a 10 minute frequency. They are also calling for bus lanes to improve their services. I am suggesting that once RapidKL can get these bus lanes, they should start treating these routes as a form of rapid transit.

Once people have rapid transit, density can be encouraged. Is this not better than spending money building LRT lines or extending LRT lines, into areas where there is little density and demand for transit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subangite View Post
The best busway for KL should be one that does NOT occupy the roads in the city, if not, we might aswell have not built the LRT's underground and above ground, if KL drivers wanted to share road real estate.
Everyone in KL seems to think that it is not possible to share the road.

Well, even though KL is probably one of the most 3-d cities I have seen (with highways, multilevel overpasses and flyovers and ramps, everywhere) transit and cars are going to have to share the road. KL cannot afford to build more roads or all the elevated LRT lines that it needs, and to be honest, I would question (and have questioned) how effective these lines are going to be.

Anyways, congrats to Jakarta, and I am looking forward to seeing more about the expansion in 2007 and hearing more about the buses.

Cheers, m
Old October 1st, 2006, 09:11 PM   #110
Subangite

Quote:
Originally Posted by allurban View Post
Im not suggesting that KL build a copy of TransJakarta. I am suggesting that KL look a closer look at what Jakarta, Curitaba and Bogata did....introducing rapid transit using buses, before spending money on rail systems. TransJakarta is a local exemplar of BRT that KL should look at, but not necessarily follow.

Right now RapidKL has introduced the Limited Stop Trunk Buses, with a 10 minute frequency. They are also calling for bus lanes to improve their services. I am suggesting that once RapidKL can get these bus lanes, they should start treating these routes as a form of rapid transit.

Once people have rapid transit, density can be encouraged. Is this not better than spending money building LRT lines or extending LRT lines, into areas where there is little density and demand for transit.

Everyone in KL seems to think that it is not possible to share the road.

Well, even though KL is probably one of the most 3-d cities I have seen (with highways, multilevel overpasses and flyovers and ramps, everywhere) transit and cars are going to have to share the road. KL cannot afford to build more roads or all the elevated LRT lines that it needs, and to be honest, I would question (and have questioned) how effective these lines are going to be.

Anyways, congrats to Jakarta, and I am looking forward to seeing more about the expansion in 2007 and hearing more about the buses.

Cheers, m

Hey there, I agree with you on all counts and points you've mentioned. BRTs is definately the way to go. The Transjakarta busway is very progressive of Jakarta, it is pioneering for the region and serves as an example to other neighbouring cities.

Last edited by Subangite; October 1st, 2006 at 09:17 PM.
Subangite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2006, 11:51 AM   #111
tata
there's no free lunch

Likes (Received): 5

@allurban: perhaps it's already mentioned in one of below threads/news: Jakarta BRT will operate articulated buses, so far, only on line 5 KAMPUNG MELAYU - ANCOL.

Some experts advice the operators to operate them too on other lines. Articulated buses can likely increase number of passangers, reduce traffic jam and reduce the waiting time. But, IMO, they cannot do it soon since busway shelters (or halte as we call it) are now designed only for normal buses.

Bus Rapid Transportation Database, BRT Part 1, BRT Part 2
tata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2006, 07:32 AM   #112
ncon
Dangerous User

October 6th 2006 ; 5:17:40 PM

The construction of supporting facilities of busway corridor IV-VII completed on December 15,2006

The construction of busway corridors IV, V, VI, and VII targeted will be completed on October 17, 2006. Meanwhile the construction of it’s supporting facilities and infrastructure such as crossing bridge (JPO), shelters, SPBG, parks, PJU, separator, road marks, is predicted will be done on December 15, 2006, stated by the Head of Dept. of Transportation of Jakarta Nurachman on Friday (6/10).

He explained that for the construction of buway supporting facilities it took Rp 240 bilion. And in November this year, 26 out of 203 buses will arrive from South Korea. “118 busses will be providing by consortium and the rest of 85 provided by investors,” Nurachman explained.

“Meanwhile for the bus that is going to be used for corridor V (Melayu-Ancol) that is planed imported from China, can not be presented in the launching therefore we will use regular BBG transjakarta bus,” Nurachman added.

Consortium of 4 busway corridors are consist of PT Jakarta Trans Metropolitan (JTM) for corridor IV and VI, PT Jakarta Mega Trans (JMT) for corridor V and VII. PT JTM is affiliation between PT Mayasari Bakti, PPD and Steady Safe, meanwhile PT JMT is affiliation of Mayasari Bakti, PPD, Steady Safe and Pahala Kencana.

The station of busway corridor IV (Pulo Gadung-Dukuh Atas) is located on Jl Perintis Kemerdekaan, with SPBG in Jl Perintis and Pemuda. Corridor V (Melayu-Ancol) the station is in Terminal Tanah Merdeka and SPBG in Jl Perintis Kemerdekaan and Pemuda. Corridor VI (Ragunan-Kuningan) the pool is in Kampung Rambutan bus station with SPBG in Jl Warung Buncit and Jl Raya Bogor. Corridor Vii (Kampung Rambutan –Melayu) the pool is in Kampung Rambutan bus station and SPBG in Kampung Rambutan.
Old November 12th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #113
ncon
Dangerous User

November 10th 2006 ; 11:51:29 AM
Sutiyoso is sure that busway corridor IV-VII will start to function on January 15, 2007

BeritaJakarta.com Macro Transportation Pattern that is encouraged by the Jakarta government as a means to reduce the traffic will be developed thoroughly. One of the projects of this program is transjakarta busway. It has 3 corridors in function, corridor I (Blok M-Kota), corridor II (Pulogadung-Harmoni) and corridor III (Harmoni-Kalideres).

4 more corridors is in the process of construction. They are corridor IV (Pulogadung-Dukuh Atas), corridor V (Kampung Melayu-Ancol), corridor VI (Ragunan-Kuningan), and corridor VII (Kampung Rambutan-Kampung Melayu). The bus stop and the crossing bridge are also being constructed. The Head of Jakarta Dept. of Transportation, Nurachman, said that for the construction of bus stop, crossing bridge, park, separator, and the road sign the budget is Rp 240 billion.

Jakarta Dept. of Transportation said that the construction of the infrastructure facilities like the special road line was finished on October 17, 2006. While for the construction of the supporting facilities like the bus stop, crossing bridge and anything else will be finished on December 15, 2006.

Therefore, the Jakarta government feels sure that the launching of busway corridor IV-VII will be done on January 15, 2007. “We’re sure that on January 15 next year those 4 corridors can start to function so that the traffic will lessen,” said Sutiyoso at Balai Kota on Friday (10/11).

On November 26, 2006 the government will import 26 units of bus out of the total of 203 units of bus. The detail is 88 units of bus in corridor IV and VI, 115 units of bus in corridor V and VII. Those buses will be imported from South Korea. “From the total of 203 units of bus, 118 of it are for the consortium and 85 for the investor,” said Nurachman.

“There’s a possibility that we won’t be able to function the double bus for corridor V (Kampung Melayu-Ancol) in the launching event on January 15, 2007. We’ll use the regular transjakarta bus for the double bus is only available in China,” added Nurachman.

Busway consortiums consist of PT Jakarta Trans Metropolitan (JTM) that will handle corridor IV and VI, and PT Jakarta Mega Trans (JMT) that will handle corridor V and VII. PT JTM is a combined form of PT Mayasari Bakti and Steady Safe, and PT JMT is a combined form of PT Mayasari Bakti, PPD, Steady Safe and Pahala Kencana.

Meanwhile, for busway pool (resting place) of corridor IV (Pulogadung-Dukuh Atas) is at Jalan Perintis Kemerdekaan with the special gas stations are Jalan Perintis and Jalan Pemuda. The pool for Corridor V (Kampung Melayu-Ancol) is at Tanah Merdeka bus station with the special gas stations are Jalan Perintis Kemerdekaan and Pemuda. The pool for corridor VI (Ragunan-Kuningan) is at Kampung Rambutan bus station with the special gas stations are Jalan Warung Buncit and Jalan Raya Bogor. And the pool for corridor VII (Kampung Rambutan-Kampung Melayu) is at Kampung Rambutan bus station with the special gas station is Kampung Rambutan. While for the special gas station revitalization will be finished by the end of this year.

The Head of Jakarta Dept. of Mining, Peni Susanti, said that 7 public gas stations have been revitalized because they are considered less useful. “So we don’t have to find a new location for constructing these special gas stations for transjakarta,” finished Susanti.
Old January 9th, 2007, 01:45 PM   #114
paradyto
entendre privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin View Post

Harmony
Old January 10th, 2007, 11:09 AM   #115
paradyto
entendre privilege

Some pics...

[/QUOTE]
Old January 18th, 2007, 05:51 AM   #116
paradyto
entendre privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilham_rj View Post
Pics.... pics... pics...

Central Jakarta..
This were taken from ITC Cempaka Mas Pedestrian overpass..

Oopss, It looks like some people were sadar kamera.I gotta turn on my mode PENGUNTIT (englishnya: Candid camera).... Taken at CEmpaka Timur Halte..

It is true, if someone said that this corridor's bus interior is better than Blok M - Kota. Especially, the air conditioner really made me get cold.

Thanx Irham
Old January 19th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #117
XOCE

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQui View Post
This sounds identical to what many Latin American countries have implemented, such as in Bogota.
Yes, and others Colombian cities as well like Cali, Cartagena, Pereira, Barranquilla and Bucaramanga.
The big diference is that in Cali for example will have express buses which not stop in every station, that service stop just in few ones, making the system more efective...(EXCUSE ME BECAUSE MY ENGLISH, I HOPE YOU GET THE IDEA).
Do you want to know more about Cali´s system? Visit www.metrocali.gov.co you can see some pictures....
XOCE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2007, 01:55 PM   #118
ncon
Dangerous User

thanks for the info !
Old January 27th, 2007, 01:22 AM   #119
marching
the art of sky

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by peseg5 View Post
Source: pamintori.com

Pamintori is an official partner of DKI govt to create transportation plan in DKI area.

Corridor IV - VII will start to function on January 27, 2007, I saw it on some Indonesian Television by satelite
Old January 27th, 2007, 05:25 PM   #120
ncon
Dangerous User

from this to this

Tags
brt, indonesia, jakarta, mrt