daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 7th, 2017, 02:03 AM   #20161
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

Alexandra Palace Redevelopment | Wood Green N22

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1800897

Official website: http://www.alexandrapalace.com/about-us/regeneration/



Location
  • Address: Alexandra Palace, Alexandra Palace Way, London N22
  • London borough: Haringey
  • Station: Alexandra Palace | Wood Green

Project facts
  • Developer: Alexandra Park and Palace Charitable Trust
  • Architect: FCB Studios
  • Cost: 27 million
  • East court: 1,840m
  • Theatre space: 2,730m

The redevelopment of the eastern wing of Alexandra Palace has commenced:

- Londonist: 'Lost' Victorian Theatre To Emerge After 80 Years

- Architects Journal: FCBS breaks ground on 27m Ally Pally theatre revamp

- City A.M: Construction starts on Alexandra Palace in 26m restoration project to save its east wing












__________________
-
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2017, 02:08 AM   #20162
Union Man
Interstellar
 
Union Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Norwich
Posts: 1,050
Likes (Received): 3664

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktoyaktuk View Post
hello can you say please how much towers are now under construction in london area (gran london) ? thanks for the answer !

or have you a list with towers
1.in construction
2.approuved
3. in project
4.on hold

etc thank you very much !
there's a list on wikipedia but not updated or exact i think
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ures_in_London
I also have this list that I try to keep as accurate and updated as possible - London - Number of 100m+
__________________
LONDON


JimB, hugh liked this post
Union Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:03 AM   #20163
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

Wood Wharf | Canary Wharf E14

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=317626

Official website: http://www.woodwharf.com/



Location
  • Address: Wood Wharf, Preston's Road, London E14
  • London borough: Tower Hamlets
  • Station: Canary Wharf

Project facts
  • Developer: Canary Wharf Group
  • Cost: 2 billion
  • Homes: 3,277
  • Office space: 175,000m
  • Retail space: 25,000m



Construction progress at phase 1 of Wood Wharf, photos by chest:







__________________
-

VDB, JimB, Bylina, goodybear, c2ula and 5 others liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:10 AM   #20164
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

Newfoundland | Canary Wharf E14

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1632163

Official website: http://canarywharf.com/residential/newfoundland/



Location
  • Address: Newfoundland, Bank Street, London E14
  • London borough: Tower Hamlets
  • Station: Heron Quays | Canary Wharf

Project facts
  • Developer: Canary Wharf Group
  • Architect: Horden Cherry Lee
  • Height: 220m
  • Floors: 60
  • Homes: 566



Core up to level 14 of 60 at Newfoundland, photos by chest:







__________________
-

JimB, Bylina, Munwon, VDB, Union Man and 2 others liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:12 AM   #20165
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

1 Bank Street | Canary Wharf E14

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1692912

Official website: http://group.canarywharf.com/availab...e-bank-street/



Location
  • Address: 1 Bank Street, London E14
  • London borough: Tower Hamlets
  • Station: Heron Quays | Canary Wharf

Project facts
  • Developer: Canary Wharf Group
  • Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox
  • Height: 147m
  • Floors: 28
  • Office space: 114,345m



Floorplate installation ongoing at 1 Bank Street, photos by chest:



__________________
-

Bylina, Union Man, Zaz965 liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 06:44 AM   #20166
absolution98
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 210
Likes (Received): 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetscapeer View Post
Not to start a city v city or anything, but in the western world, I believe New York is comparable and even edges out London in the intensity of development. From the stats above there are 91 buildings of 20 stories or more in London. Below are the 50m+ (roughly corresponding to 20 stories as you can see in the 'floors' column) U/C in NY. There are also a few 20+ stories in Brooklyn missing, and about 10 in Jersey City missing, so over 110 in total. Not to mention that NY of course skews taller, meaning if you compare 100m+ buildings that are U/C, NY's lead further increases: ~78 vs 40-45 buildings as a very rough estimate using CTBUH and SE9's great update from Jan 1st.

What's more exciting about London is that they're relatively new to the ballgame, and seeing so much rise at once, where there was none before, is an amazing sight to see. Anyway, what both cities are doing is nothing short of impressive.


I only think reason why the intensity of development increases over these past few years as oppose to before is because cities like NY and London don't want to lose out to Dubai and other upcoming Asian cities that have are undergoing mega development projects.
absolution98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 09:42 AM   #20167
hugh
Registered User
 
hugh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,733
Likes (Received): 1230

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolution98 View Post
I only think reason why the intensity of development increases over these past few years as oppose to before is because cities like NY and London don't want to lose out to Dubai and other upcoming Asian cities that have are undergoing mega development projects.
You don't have to repost the whole list - and your sweeping generalization is simplistic.
__________________
In art we trust.

SE9 liked this post
hugh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:01 AM   #20168
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolution98 View Post
I only think reason why the intensity of development increases over these past few years as oppose to before is because cities like NY and London don't want to lose out to Dubai and other upcoming Asian cities that have are undergoing mega development projects.
^

Please, out of respect of other cities' threads, don't post/quote large embedded images on other cities. A simple url link would have sufficed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
As this is a typically picture-heavy thread, could people kindly provide url links instead of embedding large images if you want to post photos or statistics of other cities here. Cheers.
__________________
-

AbidM, Zaz965 liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:15 AM   #20169
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD
 
the spliff fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: london
Posts: 7,981
Likes (Received): 6274

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolution98 View Post
I only think reason why the intensity of development increases over these past few years as oppose to before is because cities like NY and London don't want to lose out to Dubai and other upcoming Asian cities that have are undergoing mega development projects.

Nope it's the property market, all to do with the rise and fall of the price of land, and what you can build on it. The same here as it is over there.

NYC has seen a recent surge due to new zoning laws about to be enacted, so many developers were getting into the window before to save a mint. As for London the continuing growth of the current property bubble just doesn't seem to let up, weathering the last financial crisis, the referendum, Brexit and even the greatest crash of the . Plus the city, surrounded by the protected Green Belt and suffering the smallest housing space in the West (25% smaller than the Japanese even) is growing at 120,000 p/a (and higher in the metro), so it desperately needs to build up. For all the construction, there's a massive - and deliberate - shortfall. According to London's councils 80,000 new homes need to be built in their boroughs alone each year, while only 25,000 are (developers go by an algorithm to keep the prices growing).

Last edited by the spliff fairy; April 7th, 2017 at 10:41 AM.
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:43 AM   #20170
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7199

Christ, just look at it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post

__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..

VDB liked this post
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:01 PM   #20171
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7199

Stansted Airport gets thumbs up for 130m terminal

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...130m-terminal/



__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 02:10 PM   #20172
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

More info, links and renders:


New Arrivals Terminal | London Stansted Airport

London forum thread: N/A

Official website: http://www.stanstedairport.com/transformation/



Location
  • Address: Stansted Airport, Stansted, Essex CM24
  • Essex district: Uttlesford
  • Station: Stansted Airport

Project facts
  • Developer: Manchester Airports Group
  • Architect: Pascall + Watson
  • Cost: 130 million
  • Floors: 3
  • Floorspace: 34,000m (GIA)
  • Theatre space: 2,730m

Plans for a new arrivals terminal at Stansted have been approved by Uttlesford Council:

- BBC News: Plans for 130m Stansted Airport arrivals terminal approved

- Architects Journal: Pascall + Watson's 130m Stansted arrivals building wins planning

- Cambridge News: London Stansted granted permission to build new 130 million arrivals building








__________________
-

Bylina, VDB, AbidM, Union Man, moionet and 4 others liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 03:28 PM   #20173
SomeKindOfBug
Registered User
 
SomeKindOfBug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Manchester
Posts: 1,043
Likes (Received): 1035

Quote:
Originally Posted by the spliff fairy View Post
(developers go by an algorithm to keep the prices growing).
not that i dont believe you, but is there any evidence for this?
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 05:54 PM   #20174
TitanSound
Mr Beardy Drummer
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: London
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
not that i dont believe you, but is there any evidence for this?

Yep, The profits of the big housebuilding firms
TitanSound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2017, 10:57 PM   #20175
Infinite Jest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,147
Likes (Received): 698

Their profits aren't abnormally high compared to other sectors, and their share prices are down a lot recently. If you think it's such a racket, why not buy their shares? These are publicly quoted companies that anyone can own.
Infinite Jest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 04:59 PM   #20176
PortoNuts
Registered User
 
PortoNuts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Porto
Posts: 23,947
Likes (Received): 7199

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post


New Arrivals Terminal | London Stansted Airport


Thanks for the brilliant renders.
__________________
Got one head for money and one head for sin..
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 8th, 2017, 10:38 PM   #20177
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD
 
the spliff fairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: london
Posts: 7,981
Likes (Received): 6274

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeKindOfBug View Post
not that i dont believe you, but is there any evidence for this?
It's become an issue in Parliament:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a6906016.html
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #20178
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,267
Likes (Received): 5548

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
hello i read this report
file:///C:/Users/benoitthierry/Downloads/NLA_Tall_buildings_Report_2017_DIGITAL.pdf

but what height has a talll building ? 100 meters ? 50 meters ? 150 meters ? thanks for the answer !
tuktoyaktuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 10:34 AM   #20179
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

For the purposes of the report, 20 storeys or greater.
__________________
-

tuktoyaktuk, Zaz965 liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM   #20180
SE9
South East Nine
 
SE9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Nairobi
Posts: 33,923
Likes (Received): 60762

Taberner House | Croydon CR9

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1724314

Official website: http://hubgroup.co.uk/projects/taberner-house/



Location
  • Address: Taberner House, Park Lane, Croydon CR9
  • London borough: Croydon
  • Station: George Street | East Croydon

Project facts
  • Developer: Hub Group
  • Architect: AHMM
  • Height: 114m | 71m | 64m | 46m
  • Floors: 35 | 21 | 19 | 13
  • Homes: 514

Plans for Taberner House have been submitted for approval, the planning application can be viewed here.







__________________
-

AbidM, VDB, franciscoc, Bylina, PortoNuts and 5 others liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu