daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 9th, 2012, 04:00 PM   #3621
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

by cybertect

New sections of steel on London Bridge Street

Jubilee Line vent being taken apart

SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:04 PM   #3622
SO143
BANNED

image hosted on flickr

by ntalka, on Flickr
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:05 PM   #3623
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Barking Riverside

Borough: Barking & Dagenham
Postcode: IG11
Completion: 2016

Over the next 20 years Barking Riverside will deliver 10,800 new homes and vital community facilities to create a vibrant new neighbourhood of 26,000 people. 40% of the site will be dedicated to open space and the project will provide public access for the first time to 2km of the Thames waterfront.

A major emphasis has been put on providing high quality family housing - with more than 45%of the 2,500 homes proposed in the second stage being three-bedroom homes.

Stages 1 and 2 will comprise a total of over 4,000 new homes, new neighbourhood and District centres, two new schools and vital transport improvements.
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...king_riverside
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:07 PM   #3624
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Crossharbour

Borough: Tower Hamlets
Postcode: E14
Size: 142,180sq m

Planning permission issued for:-

Erection of 8 buildings ranging from 43 to 7 storeys in height with a total of 142,180 sq m of floorspace over a podium. Scheme will comprise 972 residential units, 26,500 sq m of office space, a 15,560 sq m hotel; a community facility of 1,157 sq m and a range of retail uses including A1, A2, A3, A4 and A5 comprising 4,810 sq m, new health and fitness club (1,085 sq m), associated landscaping including new public open spaces and a dockside walkway.
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...e=crossharbour
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:20 PM   #3625
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Doon Street

Borough: Lambeth
Size: 1,800sq m

Doon Street is a major mixed-use development adjacent to the National Theatre on London's South Bank including an indoor swimming and leisure centre, a new headquarters for Rambert Dance Company, public open space, retail and commercial facilities, and 355 apartments housed in a slender tower with breathtaking views of the River Thames and the city. The scheme is conceived as a terrace of different buildings, each expressing its function while forming an overall composition on the street. The materials chosen reflect the light coloured masonry and reconstituted stone of the development’s neighbours with self finished metals for louvres, spandrel and ventilation panels. The indoor swimming pool and leisure centre provides the community with a much needed facility and is the catalyst for the project. An area of 1800 sq m is given over to public open space including a new public square at the site’s western end with links to Waterloo station and bridge.
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...ame=doonstreet
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:21 PM   #3626
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Cherry Orchard Road

Borough: Croydon, London

This significant mixed-use development on a 1.6 hectare site will transform the area surrounding East Croydon Station with a series of new residential towers, animated at ground level with retail, restaurants and cafes. A crystalline canopy will link the towers at their base, creating new routes and streetscape across the site, terminating at a new public plaza to the south.
http://www.newlondonarchitecture.org...y_orchard_road
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:39 PM   #3627
B890bT

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
I didn't know that the Doon Street Tower was under construction, wikipedia only lists it as proposed and there is no recent thread on SSC to suggest it was any further than approval stages, could someone confirm this please?
B890bT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:42 PM   #3628
TheMoses

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by B890bT View Post
I didn't know that the Doon Street Tower was under construction, wikipedia only lists it as proposed and there is no recent thread on SSC to suggest it was any further than approval stages, could someone confirm this please?
It's not. Neither is Crossharbour (well the tower part). And those designs for Crossharbour and Cherry Orchard road are old designs.
TheMoses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #3629
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by B890bT View Post
i am not very sure about the current status of this project. i walked around the national theatre a few days ago and i believe i didn't see any major crane or anything like that. but i will try to find more info about it to confirm whether the construction has already started or not.

by gothicform
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:10 PM   #3630
Bob!
Not the Builder

Likes (Received): 349

You keep posting outdated renderings, SO143. As Moses has already pointed out Crossharbour Tower and the Cherry Orchard Road Towers have been redesigned and the rendering of Doon Street Tower does not show the latest design either. I think everyone would appreciate it if you checked the currentness of articles and visualisations before you post them here. Thank you.
Bob! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:24 PM   #3631
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob! View Post
You keep posting outdated renderings, SO143.
well let me clarity this, ok i am not the one who creates renders and that one posted above is the latest render found on skyscrapersnews which announces every latest construction project. but if they don't post new renders there, then i can't post new renders here, simple as that mate. on top of that i didn't know it's an outdated one because it's not been mentioned there as well.
Old April 9th, 2012, 09:57 PM   #3632
Bob!
Not the Builder

Likes (Received): 349

Quote:
that one posted above is the latest render found on skyscrapersnews
No. http://www.skyscrapernews.com/pictur..._pic3.jpg&no=3

Quote:
i didn't know it's an outdated one because it's not been mentioned there as well.
http://www.skyscrapernews.com/pictur..._pic1.jpg&no=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscrapernews.com
http://www.skyscrapernews.com/images...Tower_pic1.jpg

The old Doon Street Tower proposals. All rights reserved. Copyright Holder - Hayes Davidson

But besides that I recommend you to take a look into the UK Forum, there the threads are kept up to date by a lot of well-informed people.

Last edited by Bob!; April 9th, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
Bob! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2012, 10:29 PM   #3633
SO143
BANNED

i see, thanks for the correction, the old design looks like a cousin of the guys, new one is nicer
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:40 AM   #3634
LazyOaf

Likes (Received): 408

Quote:
by cybertect
I pass this everyday to get to work, must take a picture as this one is old, the structure is almost completely clad now.

EDIT: picture isn't showing, i'm referring to the new Borough market hall

Last edited by LazyOaf; April 10th, 2012 at 12:44 AM. Reason: EDIT: picture isn't showing, i'm referring to the new Borough market hall
LazyOaf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:14 AM   #3635
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyOaf View Post
EDIT: picture isn't showing, i'm referring to the new Borough market hall
it is showing here, or it is because of your internet connection, may be?
Old April 10th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #3636
SO143
BANNED

Saffron Square, Croydon U/C (9th/April)

image hosted on flickr

by pullenr36

image hosted on flickr

by pullenr36
Old April 10th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #3637
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

So much work and regeneration going on in London right now!! It must be the busiest city in terms of construction outside of Asia in the world.
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:01 PM   #3638
jamiefearon

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
So much work and regeneration going on in London right now!! It must be the busiest city in terms of construction outside of Asia in the world.
I always wondered this. It does seem that London is the busiest developed city in terms of development. Although I would say it is a close match between New York and London.
jamiefearon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #3639
potto

Likes (Received): 9114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post

It would'nt be the first time that London allows the destruction of some of its historic buildings... Such a thing would be impossible in Paris.

What a pity, demolishing a part of London's history to build for sure some plain & modern buildings in return...how pathetic .

Those ancient buildings are beautiful & must remain imo.
As already mentioned they have already gone, it seems the South side facades are being retained for Jermyn Street which maybe in a conservation area.

Anyway this is in Westminster, the same council who tries to get tall buildings stopped or chopped in half outside of their boundary all in the name of heritage. When really it is just about power.

An insight into London politics for you.
potto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 01:24 PM   #3640
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefearon View Post
I always wondered this. It does seem that London is the busiest developed city in terms of development. Although I would say it is a close match between New York and London.

I think London is undergoing more than New York...

Granted New York is having the entire 'twin towers' area being rebuilt... but London is constructing at least 4 new skyscrapers in the City area alone.. not to mention the new projects now in the Canary Wharf area with Wood Wharf being green lighted for development, then there is the Olympic Park area.. and Cross Rail (Europe's biggest construction project)... the Batersea area, Vauxhall, Croydon, Euston, King's Cross, London Bridge... the list is endless...
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom