daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM   #6841
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3625

$163m London project targets UAE investors

UAE investors are to be given the first opportunity to purchase property in a new luxury AED600m ($163m) London real estate project.

Property agency Chesterton said it will be launching Barratt London's Queensland Terrace project located opposite the Emirates Stadium in the Borough of Islington, North London prior to a global launch.

Investors in the UAE are being invited to a roadshow at Emirates Towers on June 21-22 to view the homes which start at AED1.7m.

The Queensland Terrace development offers 375 open plan suites, one, two and three-bedroom apartments and three bedroom penthouses.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/-163m...rs-505231.html

bonquiqui liked this post
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #6842
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterOfHisOwnDomain View Post
No, they just want them to pay their fair share. The rich are the people who have benefited most from society, and therefore they should recognise that and be decent enough to give something back.

In some cases maybe. Otherwise that's the biggest load of crap I've read all week. Many rich people are rich off their own backs. And owe you nothing. If anything, society owes people like the aforementioned millionaire... People like that, patron these great 'free' public institutions.

djm160190, Manchester77, LDN_EUROPE liked this post
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #6843
bonquiqui

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
Silvertown to get 'brand park' in £1.5bn regeneration

A deal has been struck which is set to bring the world's biggest brands to Newham.

Silvertown Quays will be the base for a number top companies to show off their products in an innovative brand park after the Greater London Authority signed a £1.5billion deal for the area's dramatic regeneration.

The scheme also includes 1,500 homes, as well as restaurants, cafes, galleries and leisure facilities.

Elliot Lipton of The Silvertown Partnership, which is the consortium between Chelsfield Properties and First Base behind the scheme, said: "Stand-alone brand pavilions have been built for the last decade around the world but this will be the first time that a brand park has been developed."

A brand park is a number of pavilions where potential customers can try out and view new products before buying online.

The Silvertown scheme will also see a bridge linking with Excel and the Custom House Crossrail station.

Mayor Boris Johnson said: "The confirmation of this deal to return Silvertown Quays to its former glory will bring thousands of new homes and jobs back to east London."

He said it could be worth over £6bn to the London economy and see 9,000 new jobs.

Work is expected to begin over the next two years with the first businesses arriving in 2017.

A planning application is to go to Newham Council next year.

http://www.wharf.co.uk/2013/06/silve...nd-park-i.html
I will eat my hand if it looks anything like that when its finished
bonquiqui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #6844
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 61448

Quote:
Mayor warns over £1.25 billion Earls Court regeneration plans

A cross-party coalition of City Hall politicians has urged Boris Johnson to defer his decision on plans to demolish an exhibition centre in west London estimated to be worth around £1.25billion to the capital’s economy.

The Mayor is due to make his decision over proposals to redevelop Earls Court Exhibition Centre, which will see 8,000 flats rise up in its place, by July 4.

But representatives from three out of four of the parties on the London Assembly have signed a letter telling the Mayor it is “imperative” he holds off until December this year.

They argue the economic case for keeping the exhibition centre, which attracts an estimated 1.5million visitors annually, has been “understated”.

The letter adds there is also a strong case for saving a rail depot set for demolition under the plans, which have been submitted in a joint application by Hammersmith & Fulham and Kensington & Chelsea borough councils.

http://www.london24.com/news/mayor_w...lans_1_2261019
Late news, the project was already approved.

Birmingham, Zaz965 liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #6845
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 4137

Quote:
Chinese Group Takes Over London Project

Chinese conglomerate Dalian Wanda Group has purchased a development site in London slotted for a £700 million hotel and residential tower project.

Dalian Wanda, controlled by billionaire Wang Jianlin, plans to develop a 160-room hotel, the first Wanda hotel outside China on the site, which is part of the One Nine Elm redevelopment project. The existing scheme includes development of a 205-meter tower, which would be the tallest residential tower in Europe.

Previous owner Green Property, the Irish developer, has already received planning approval to build towers of 43- and 58-stories on the site. Green Property netted £90 million from the sale, according to published report.

"I warmly welcome Dalian Wanda's investment into London as part of our plans to dramatically transform Nine Elms into a stunning quarter of the capital, providing thousands of new jobs and homes," said London mayor Boris Johnson.

See more at: http://www.worldpropertychannel.com/....svXF8eys.dpuf

Late news - posted a while back.

Can you not post articles which have previously been posted. It's really frustrating.
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #6846
bonquiqui

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
$163m London project targets UAE investors

UAE investors are to be given the first opportunity to purchase property in a new luxury AED600m ($163m) London real estate project.

Property agency Chesterton said it will be launching Barratt London's Queensland Terrace project located opposite the Emirates Stadium in the Borough of Islington, North London prior to a global launch.

Investors in the UAE are being invited to a roadshow at Emirates Towers on June 21-22 to view the homes which start at AED1.7m.

The Queensland Terrace development offers 375 open plan suites, one, two and three-bedroom apartments and three bedroom penthouses.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/-163m...rs-505231.html
Those buildings are hideous can boring, tedious and mind numbing get anymore tedious, boring and mind numbing
bonquiqui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #6847
london lad

Likes (Received): 2321

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonquiqui View Post
I will eat my hand if it looks anything like that when its finished
Never fear SO has surpassed himself by posting a 12 year old image of a long long dead Rogers proposal.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #6848
SO143
BANNED

I aint sure if you are assuming like i wrote all these articles and news. How could i know those renders are accurate or not, you better blame the intelligent and world famous british journalism and media. Does it make sense to you? Again i am not a journalist and i dont work in construction indusrty.
Old July 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #6849
SO143
BANNED

And if you know what renders are the correct ones, you should post them here by simply and kindly saying like hey guys these are latest renders of this or that project and i am sure people will appre iate your effort and contribution. However, what you are now doing is that you check out this thread just to criticise and discover someone's mistakes and then you throw all the nasty comments and harsh criticisms at that person. Please be friendly in this online community.

Taller London, TowerVerre:) liked this post
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #6850
MasterOfHisOwnDomain

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
In some cases maybe. Otherwise that's the biggest load of crap I've read all week. Many rich people are rich off their own backs. And owe you nothing. If anything, society owes people like the aforementioned millionaire... People like that, patron these great 'free' public institutions.
No-one makes money entirely independent of the society they live. And what more can society "owe" the millionaire? We already glorify money and those who have it, and endow them with higher social status and respect, when actually it should not give any of those things. Making people pay their fair share of taxes does absolutely nothing to stifle people's desire or capacity to earn more money, but it does mean that services can be paid for which many other people require to live on and to themselves take advantage of opportunities. I heartily support people patronising institutions, but does that mean they should be exempt from paying taxes? No.

... To get back to some semblance of construction commentary, bonquiqui is absolutely right, those apartments seeking UAE investment are awful. Both the colour and the shape of those top segments jar with the rest of the building.

Ivanator liked this post
MasterOfHisOwnDomain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #6851
DANE81

Likes (Received): 51

Quote:
I aint sure if you are assuming like i wrote all these articles and news. How could i know those renders are accurate or not, you better blame the intelligent and world famous british journalism and media. Does it make sense to you? Again i am not a journalist and i dont work in construction indusrty.
you are a regular contributor to the London forums, and i appreciate your stuff, but if you are a regular contributor, surely you must be a regular reader and realise these news stories have already been posted when they were breaking?!
DANE81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #6852
SO143
BANNED

Siemens pulls out of race for £1bn London Crossrail carriages contract
Friday 5 July 2013 13.42 BST

German company's withdrawal is major boost to Bombardier and Hitachi, who are expected to build trains in UK if they win

The German engineering group Siemens is pulling out of the race to build carriages for the London Crossrail project in a boost to two rival bids that hope to construct the £1bn order in the UK.

The company had been favourite to win the rolling-stock contract and its withdrawal is a major boost to Bombardier and Hitachi, who are expected to build the trains in Britain if they win. Siemens had already pledged to build the trains in Germany.

Winning the Crossrail contract is seen as make or break for Bombardier, which runs the UK's last train-making factory in Derby, employing 1,600 people.

Bombardier cut 1,000 jobs in 2011 after it was denied a £1.4bn Thameslink contract by a rival bid from Siemens – a deal that was confirmed last week. Unions and local MPs have been urging ministers not to repeat this decision to safeguard jobs at the Derby factory. Japan's Hitachi is building a plant in Newton Aycliffe, County Durham, to manufacture the next generation of intercity trains.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...iages-contract
Old July 6th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #6853
SO143
BANNED

Approved plans for £20m Camden estate regeneration includes new affordable homes
Friday 21st June 2013 - 10:03am

The London Borough of Camden has approved plans for a £20 million regeneration of the Tybalds Estate in Holborn, which will create new affordable and private homes in the area.

Camden Council is to develop the new housing directly, with work expected to start next spring.

The Tybalds Estate sits between Theobald’s Road and Great Ormond Street Hospital, and comprises 360 homes in nine residential blocks built in the '50s and '60s.

The plans include:

• Providing 93 new homes in new buildings, and side, rooftop and underbuild extensions to existing blocks, 68 of which will be affordable homes.
• Significantly improving the public realm, landscape and open spaces within and around the estate, including new courtyards and new granite paved urban square.
• The amount of useable open space will be increased by around 12%.
• Improvements to the two existing community spaces on the estate. Overall there will be a 21% increase in community floorspace.
• Creating a new street and shared surfaces areas, as well as reorganising vehicular access.
• Improvements to existing residential blocks, with new brick overcladding and insulation to replace the grey corrugated metal cladding added 20 or 30 years ago to the ends of a number of blocks and staircases.
• A contribution to the council’s Community Investment Strategy (CIP) that will be used to improve a range of housing, community facilities and schools within the borough.

http://www.24dash.com/news/housing/2...fordable-homes
Old July 6th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #6854
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8247

Quote:
How could i know those renders are accurate or not.
You flood London threads with articles and pictures, but really don't know shit about the place. Why don't you just stop trolling?

Ulpia-Serdica, Avemano liked this post

Last edited by El_Greco; July 6th, 2013 at 03:32 PM.
El_Greco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #6855
onerob

Likes (Received): 411

He's not trolling.

LDN_EUROPE, TowerVerre:) liked this post
onerob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 07:52 AM   #6856
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
Late news, the project was already approved.
this one?

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=3314

TowerVerre:) liked this post
Old July 7th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #6857
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 61448

That's a tiny part of it. The whole project covers a large area, into two boroughs.

TowerVerre:), Zaz965 liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #6858
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onerob View Post
He's not trolling.
Yes he is trolling and Im not the first to say so.

Avemano liked this post
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:55 PM   #6859
gehenaus

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Greco View Post
Yes he is trolling and Im not the first to say so.
He posts a lot of good stuff.
If it winds you up so much I suggest you get outside and get some fresh air.
You yourself have now added to the 'trolling' problem.
gehenaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #6860
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehenaus View Post
He posts a lot of good stuff.
If it winds you up so much I suggest you get outside and get some fresh air.
You yourself have now added to the 'trolling' problem.
Don't patronise me. And its hardly just me, is it? Many people expressed their annoyance with his troll posts.

He posts a lot of old stuff, he posts a lot of stuff full of rhethoric designed to bait other forumers, he posts it everywhere except the UK forums. He's a troll.

Last edited by El_Greco; July 7th, 2013 at 02:07 PM.

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom