daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 7th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #6861
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

And many others have expressed appreciation for his activity on this thead. Let me add my name to that list. SO143, PortoNuts, and SE9 are the main contributors to this thread, and their contributions are far more valuable than those of their critics.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper

Quicksilver, LDN_EUROPE, Loathing, SO143, Bram and 2 others liked this post
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:37 PM   #6862
Orange Alert!

Likes (Received): 101

Can't believe people are accusing SO143 of trolling, what on earth is going on here. I see absolutely nothing wrong with what he posts, and also enjoy the frequent updates that the likes of SO143, PortoNuts and SE9 contribute to this thread. These boys do a cracking good job of keeping people informed on a city which we all love & enjoy. Leave 'em alone & let them do their thing. If it troubles you that much then I suggest either not bothering to read their posts in the first place or at least be civil about your disagreements. Someone posting an old news article really doesn't deserve to be treated with disrespect and foul language.

lafreak84, LDN_EUROPE, Loathing, djm160190 liked this post
Orange Alert! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #6863
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Alert! View Post
These boys.
These boys? Nobody is talking about "these boys", just one. And if you want to be informed about what is going on in London then years old articles posted a lot of the time for the sole reason of "cos I was bored" are hardly going to be very helpful, are they? Not to mention the use of language deliberately designed to bait forumers of other nationalities.

Last edited by El_Greco; July 7th, 2013 at 03:13 PM.
El_Greco no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM   #6864
Groningen NL

Likes (Received): 155

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Greco View Post

Don't patronise me. And its hardly just me, is it? Many people expressed their annoyance with his troll posts.

He posts a lot of old stuff, he posts a lot of stuff full of rhethoric designed to bait other forumers, he posts it everywhere except the UK forums. He's a troll.
You should use your ignore list, since the moderators don't seem to do much about this. I don't have a problem with members who post frequently, but this guy floods every london thread with photos, every single day. Which is not needed. Not to mention the offtopic and often outdated news articles.
Groningen NL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #6865
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
These boys? Nobody is talking about "these boys", just one. And if you want to be informed about what is going on in London then years old articles posted a lot of the time for the sole reason "cos I was bored" are hardly going to be very helpful, are they? Not to mention the use of language deliberately designed to bait forumers of other nationalities, namely the French.
This is a way he does things and you cannot change him. One thing for sure, I haven't seen him going personal and bullying other users. Yes, his posts sometimes are somewhat provocative but they are not addressed to anybody in particular. Also, recently he has become better in not doing this. Anyway, by bullying someone the only thing you can achieve is to discourage that person to post here all together and I don’t think this is what you are trying to achieve.
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:19 PM   #6866
Orange Alert!

Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
These boys? Nobody is talking about "these boys", just one. And if you want to be informed about what is going on in London then years old articles posted a lot of the time for the sole reason of "cos I was bored" are hardly going to be very helpful, are they? Not to mention the use of language deliberately designed to bait forumers of other nationalities.
Oh dear well sorry to upset you furthermore Mr El Greco as it was not my intention, however I do hope that eventually you are able to resume using the forum in peace & without such inconvenient distractions. As Groningen NL kindly points out, you may find that the ignore list will help you in this endeavour.
Orange Alert! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #6867
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Alert! View Post
however I do hope that eventually you are able to resume using the forum in peace & without such inconvenient distractions.
I hope so. Thanks.

Last edited by El_Greco; July 7th, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #6868
Lordpenguinton
penguins: mmm tasty

Likes (Received): 21

It's ridiculous that someone should flood a forum with photos and info on a daily basis. Arghhh!!! , what's this site coming to? Usually when I'm in the mood to see some development action going on in the world I go to Skyscraperpage.com but every now and again I say let's go to skyscrapercity.com and I hear a little voice saying "don't go there, they don't like people overburdening the servers with stupid posts about places they like to talk about", and I say, "this website talks about cool international cities, talks about things that I'm not privy to on a daily basis, to let's say San Francisco, where I live". Then I here that someone with over 20,000 posts is a troll and that everything he says is old news. Seriously, as much as I might admire the coloring of some blah look at us were Dutch architects' building in Amsterdam, to the 98% of people on this forum not living anywhere near London, the person with the avatar based on the movie Ted has some info on London, whether it's the most up to date or not, I don't know, but if you El Greco and you small but architecturally sound city from the Netherlands has anything better about London then you should post it and demonize someone else. Can someone create another skyscraper something for people who actually love living in cities and admire architecture. I like going to both these sites, but the stuff people write on here and there is insane. How can I out douche someone? Very frustrating, yet there are several forummers on here that I like reading and definitely respect, and yet there is a reason I post once every few months.
Lordpenguinton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #6869
gehenaus

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Don't patronise me. And its hardly just me, is it? Many people expressed their annoyance with his troll posts.

He posts a lot of old stuff, he posts a lot of stuff full of rhethoric designed to bait other forumers, he posts it everywhere except the UK forums. He's a troll.
Bait other forumers? There have been no arguments on here until you popped up.
I do not care about other forums, this is the UK forum.
If something is out of date then perhaps post a new link?
If you act like a spoilt child then yes, I will patronise you.
gehenaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #6870
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 9784

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehenaus View Post
No, it is not. This is the international forum intended for a global audience.

Here is the UK & Ireland forum: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Groningen NL liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #6871
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehenaus View Post

Bait other forumers? There have been no arguments on here until you popped up.
If something is out of date then perhaps post a new link?
If you act like a spoilt child then yes, I will patronise you.
This ain't UK forum and theres been plenty of arguments. If you have no idea what the talk is about then don't join in the conversation.

Last edited by El_Greco; July 7th, 2013 at 09:41 PM.
Old July 7th, 2013, 05:47 PM   #6872
gehenaus

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galro View Post
No, it is not. This is the international forum intended for a global audience.

Here is the UK & Ireland forum: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29
Don't be so ****.
This is a thread on London, most of the people posting are British.
I don't have the time to find updates and post 1000's of times so any info he gives is good. In my eyes he is not a troll.

LDN_EUROPE liked this post
gehenaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #6873
Loathing
BANNED

Likes (Received): 388

SO143 does a great job. His style of posting is entirely appropriate to this thread. Clearly most people appreciate his posts, considering the number of likes he has amassed.

The only people causing any problem are the very vocal minority criticizing him.

djm160190, MasterOfHisOwnDomain liked this post
Loathing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #6874
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

Ignore El Greco. All he does is moan.... Well... He fits it in between having his tongue wedged in the French forumers backsides... Or pleasuring himself over pictures of the Eiffel Tower.
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:23 AM   #6875
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Oh come on now, can't you do better than that? If you are going to troll and insult at least try and be more original.

Avemano liked this post
Old July 8th, 2013, 04:33 AM   #6876
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
SO143 does a great job. His style of posting is entirely appropriate to this thread. Clearly most people appreciate his posts, considering the number of likes he has amassed.

The only people causing any problem are the very vocal minority criticizing him.
I also like his posts.

LDN_EUROPE, Zaz965 liked this post
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #6877
sbarn

Likes (Received): 991

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
SO143 does a great job.
This.

LondonFox liked this post
sbarn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #6878
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 4001

I also have reservations about SO1043's posts.

I enjoy a fair bulk, however ... when he has commented on news stories and re-posts stories that have been posted a few days or weeks before, it becomes very irritating and I see it as spamming. It's to bump the thread and I guess to gain some sort of internet credit. It's not needed.

Post when it's relevant yes, but to post the same articles time after time just makes the thread confusing and therefore i'm partly on El Greco's side.

RobH liked this post
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #6879
deckard_6

Likes (Received): 112

SO1043 is not a troll, he just needs to get a real life outside of skyscrapercity.
deckard_6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #6880
Field2sdsf

Likes (Received): 0

These are some excellent skyscrapers being planned.
Field2sdsf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom