daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 4th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #8021
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

Likes (Received): 9717

Quote:
Originally Posted by markfos View Post
It's your 4th account SO143.
How did you know?
bozenBDJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #8022
markfos
San Escobar

Likes (Received): 4277

It's easy, the same style and he registered just after his previous account was banned.
markfos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #8023
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

^ Maybe the moderation team should just IP-ban him?
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #8024
Sesto Elemento
Rêver plus haut !

Likes (Received): 7204

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeFiBkIlLeR View Post
Leave him alone for FFS, he's only a kid...
I did't expect this remark from.....you.

Quote:
... that report him to the Mods should keep that in mind.
We didn't have to report him to the moderators, he was so much little discret...poor guy.

Quote:
Perhaps the petty little French trolls....
We love you too.

Conduisez le mouvement, n'attendez rien.

bozenBDJ, 7rani liked this post
Sesto Elemento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #8025
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7168

John Jones Arts Building

@RedArkady

image hosted on flickr

lafreak84 liked this post
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #8026
PortoNuts

Quote:
Development Securities to build Southwark office scheme

Development Securities has secured an option to buy a site next to Southwark Underground station in London for an office scheme.

It will pay £8m to buy Algarve House, a derelict office building, with an initial payment of £2.3m and the rest to be paid over the next 18 months.

Development Securities is looking at buying more land to expand the scheme. The masterplan for the project is being developed and a planning application is likely to be made in the third quarter of 2014.

Development Securities director Julian Barwick said: “We see Southwark as a strong market for office development and the site is extremely well positioned, being adjacent to Southwark underground and close to Waterloo.”
http://www.cnplus.co.uk/news/sectors...653896.article

Old October 5th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #8027
PortoNuts

Quote:
First look at new plans to restore Crystal Palace exhibition centre to its former glory

This is the historic glass and steel Crystal Palace exhibition centre brought back to life as a £500 million modern-day cultural attraction. Chinese developers plan to create a replica of what was once the largest glass structure in the world on its original site in South East London.

The new building will be the same size and scale as its gigantic Victorian predecessor originally designed by Sir Joseph Paxton for the 1851 Great Exhibition.

Plans by Shanghai-based ZhongRong group, with engineers Arup, include the full restoration of the 180-acre Crystal Palace park with new landscaping and a central tree-lined boulevard.

The original listed Italian terraces and sculptures will be fully restored, along with other Victorian heritage including the unique underpass, dinosaur models and maze. There will also be a new café, visitor centre and restored concert bowl.

The new Crystal Palace will be used for cultural events – concerts, exhibitions and screenings – as well as for conferences and conventions.

While there are no plans to build any homes on the site the plans include a hotel, conference facilities and other commercial space, so are likely to run into fierce opposition from local campaigners who want to protect their green space.

The national sports and athletics centre and iconic television mast will remain.

Billionaire developer Ni Zhaoxing told the Standard: “The Crystal Palace is celebrated in China as a building of great achievement. My vision is to rebuild it in a way that is faithful to the original building in all its ingenuity, scale and magnificence. I want it to become a new cultural asset for London and a new destination for visitors from around the world.

“Today is just the start. I want to hear what local people think. Their views are important to me. A lot of hard work lies ahead but I am excited by the opportunity to shape the next chapter of this special building.”

The original Crystal Palace was a cast-iron and plate-glass building erected in Hyde Park to house the Great Exhibition of 1851.

More than 14,000 exhibitors from around the world gathered in the 990,000 square feet of exhibition space to display examples of the latest technology of the age.

Sir Joseph Paxton’s huge building astonished visitors with its unprecedented use of large sheets of glass on the walls and ceilings.

After the exhibition the Crystal Palace was rebuilt in South London where it stood from 1854 as a testament to the Industrial Revolution until destroyed by fire in 1936.

The 1854 building was built to a Beaux-Arts design in glass and metal and was significantly different from - and larger than - its predecessor. It housed a school of art, science and literature and hosted concerts, exhibits and public entertainment.

A year-long consultation by Bromley Council will take place before work begins in winter 2015. Boris Johnson will chair an advisory board for the project, which is expected to create more than 2000 jobs.

Green Assembly member Darren Johnson said: “While I’m sure many people would love to see the Crystal Palace raised from the ashes, this precious parkland isn’t the right place for it. “When the palace was moved there in the 1850s the newly laid out park was near countryside, but today it’s an urban park with a lot of space already taken up.”
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/londo...y-8855740.html
Old October 5th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #8028
bozenBDJ
the World Trade Center

^ Yes! The Crystal Palace should be rebuilt again!
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #8029
Hoogfriesland

Likes (Received): 1203

London is booming! The skyline is getting better and better and very unique.
Hoogfriesland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #8030
jonnyboy

Likes (Received): 85

[QUOTE=EU-Europa;107635025]London has one of the coolest looking skylines. I can see why so many people play it down all the time; I'm sure many cities are envious of what London is doing.

I'd argue that this is one of the best looking skylines on the planet. While HK, Shanghai, etc. battle it out for size, London wins hands down for being so classy and elegant yet still being inspiring and jaw dropping nonetheless.

It would be a really sad day to see the UK leave the EU, as I and many people I know frequently visit the city and have fallen in love with it![/

there would be nothing stopping you coming when we leave!
jonnyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #8031
EU-Europa
Viva Europa!

Likes (Received): 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyboy View Post
there would be nothing stopping you coming when we leave!
There would be a lot stopping me and others like me, actually. I would likely need a Visa to enter or stay for prolonged periods. Many friends who own flats in London for when they go will no longer be able to stay there long enough to justify keeping them. I think London will lose out on a lot of business to other cities, if the UK is no longer in the EU, unfortunately.
EU-Europa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #8032
Loathing
BANNED

Likes (Received): 388

Why? Norway and Switzerland are not in the EU.
Loathing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #8033
Hoskins

Likes (Received): 877

Quote:
Originally Posted by EU-Europa View Post
There would be a lot stopping me and others like me, actually. I would likely need a Visa to enter or stay for prolonged periods.
Perhaps... but probably we'd be talking about periods of 6 months plus... visiting as a tourist (ie not coming as a resident or for employment) would be just like visiting any other Western country. Just because a country isn't in the EU doesn't mean it suddenly jumps into a different universe...
Hoskins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2013, 05:27 PM   #8034
PortoNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officer Dibble View Post
Redwood Park again. (I did once warn you I'd bore you all with pics of this site once it got underway.) So imagine my excitement to see this sign promising a new footpath...
[IMG]http://i42.************/t5hgxs.jpg[/IMG]

And it's true - that's Redriff Primary School at the end
[IMG]http://i42.************/mrbuo5.jpg[/IMG]

A bit of the existing health centre (to be replaced by a shiny new one) coming down
[IMG]http://i40.************/2h5jn7s.jpg[/IMG]

And the new stuff going up
[IMG]http://i44.************/2ypkoec.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i40.************/rw48sp.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/2aij6er.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i41.************/s25h0n.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i39.************/67qtxc.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i42.************/2j63f5j.jpg[/IMG]

And a bonus pic of Clipper Place
[IMG]http://i44.************/4rt46c.jpg[/IMG]

TowerVerre:), lafreak84 liked this post
Old October 6th, 2013, 08:41 PM   #8035
NWTS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1100

the night lighting scheme is now on (photos by chest)

please have a quick look at my website

lafreak84, jamiefearon, J349 liked this post
NWTS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #8036
PortoNuts

Chambers Wharf

image hosted on flickr

Chambers Wharf u/c by stevekeiretsu, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Chambers Wharf u/c by stevekeiretsu, on Flickr

Old October 7th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #8037
PortoNuts

Lincoln Plaza

@chest

jamiefearon, lafreak84 liked this post
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #8038
NWTS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoNuts View Post
Lincoln Plaza

@chest

density!!! omg

SturmBeobachter liked this post
Old October 7th, 2013, 02:25 PM   #8039
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60335

Ludgate and Sampson House | South Bank SE1

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1541515

Official website: http://www.ludgateandsampson.com/

High quality renders of the project, which was recommended for approval last week:

Last edited by SE9; October 7th, 2013 at 02:51 PM.
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #8040
NWTS
BANNED

Galliard Launches Baltimore Tower

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=3343

Galliard Homes has officially launched Skidmore, Owings and Merrill's curvaceous Baltimore Tower.

Occupying part of the Crossharbour site, the project will be the tallest residential tower yet built in E14, although only a matter of metres taller than Pan Peninsula. Once completed it will have 330 apartments and be worth £200 million.

The price of apartments will range from £418,950 for a 367 square foot studio flat, to £6.95 million for a 5-bedroom 9,491 square foot penthouse apartment although approximately one third of this space is the outdoor terrace that wraps around the full 360 degrees of the apartment. The only other residential development with such a feature on such a scale is Marco Island in Nottingham.

Standing on 77 26 metre deep concrete piles, the tower will consist of 51,000 tonnes of concrete, and 1.32 million square metres of reinforced steel rods. 350,000 metres of cabling will connect everything together, and residents will be able to look through 4,3000 windows. Penthouse occupiers will be able to speed from the ground lobby to their door in just 45 seconds on one of the towers lifts.

High-rise development of the site originally surfaced over a decade ago in a completely different form as part of a scheme worked up by Ballymore. This gradually evolved into what will be built today, albeit with a delay as the Irish developer had to drop out and the site was picked up as a joint venture between Galliard Homes, Frogmore, LBS and O'Shea.

TowerVerre:), lafreak84, Langur, Zaz965 liked this post

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom