daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 5th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #11761
StevePBennett

Likes (Received): 3

Thanks for the apology SE9. That's appreciated.
That said, please respect copyrighted material in future.
Like I said in my 1st post, a simple request to use is usually sufficient.

Regards,
Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
Response via flickr mail.
StevePBennett no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2014, 03:38 PM   #11762
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Great news with Fielden House!!! Great updates guys.
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 05:42 PM   #11763
LCIII

Likes (Received): 2713

Wasn't even the best photo of the art installation...some people have just entirely too much time on their hands.
Old November 5th, 2014, 06:31 PM   #11764
GB1

Likes (Received): 146

Fielden house looks good.
GB1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:01 PM   #11765
Metro Area

Likes (Received): 13

Are there any other projects in the London Bridge area that could one day amount to a cluster?
Metro Area no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #11766
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60473

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Area View Post
Are there any other projects in the London Bridge area that could one day amount to a cluster?
There was the now dormant Three Spires proposal which would have seen a trio of towers in the area, the tallest being 250m.

Currently the only nearby proposal excluding Fielden House is The Quill at 110m.
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:27 PM   #11767
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 3986

Edited
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2014, 09:29 PM   #11768
Birmingham
Now Tamworth

Likes (Received): 3986

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCIII View Post
Wasn't even the best photo of the art installation...some people have just entirely too much time on their hands.
Unbelievable really. Tone was rather shitty. Even the acceptance of the apology came across crap.

JimB, Party Planner, Quicksilver liked this post
Birmingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 10:29 AM   #11769
london lad

Likes (Received): 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
There was the now dormant Three Spires proposal which would have seen a trio of towers in the area, the tallest being 250m.

Currently the only nearby proposal excluding Fielden House is The Quill at 110m.
Colechurch House is also touted as a potential tower but as its closer to the river and Southwark arn't keen for anything to spoil the view of the Shard you are probably looking at 100m, possibly 120m if your lucky.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 11:03 AM   #11770
StevePBennett

Likes (Received): 3

< Smiling photographer...

Hi Birmingham and indeed LCIII,

Although there's no real reason to reply, I decided to respond as I find your comments quite amusing. In the first place I have never said that my photo was any better than anyone else's, so why comment so? In fact if you read my original comment I stated that I was quite pleased that someone liked it. In addition, the apology I have received from SE9 and indeed the site web masters was gratefully accepted.

However, you guys are still missing the point completely! Just because a photograph is published to the internet does not mean it is available to be copied and re-distributed without consent. At best it's just plain rude not to ask permission and at worst it's actually theft.

Copyright "All Rights Reserved" is just that - and my photos like lots of others on Flickr are clearly marked so.

I didn't publish under a Creative Commons license www.flickr.com/creativecommons
I think this is where you people getting confused. Again, this link may explain better than me. www.flickr.com/services/developer/community/

The point again is that I've never been offended, but other "professional" photographers may see things in a completely different light. Even your web masters are pointing this out in banner headlines at the top of each page, but you guys keep on flagrantly disregarding copyright. I just hope it doesn't end somewhere with the whole site being sued for copyright infringement. It would be a crying shame to see such a good site being brought down by ignorance.

Either way, it's been an enlightening discussion.

Regards,
Steve B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birmingham View Post
Unbelievable really. Tone was rather shitty. Even the acceptance of the apology came across crap.
StevePBennett no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #11771
JimB

Likes (Received): 4806

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePBennett View Post
However, you guys are still missing the point completely!
I don't think anyone's missing the point.

It's just that you are labouring it.

SE9 has acknowledged that he should have asked for your permission and has apologised for not doing so. No need to repeat your lecture over and over, ad nauseam.

Move on, fella.

StevePBennett, Birmingham liked this post
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #11772
Metro Area

Likes (Received): 13

Yeah Steve P Bennett,
shite happens. You were right to point out your authorship. Let's avoid turning this place sour, because it's supposed to be a window onto what is going on in London, architecturally.This place is pleasant and interesting for that reason.
Yours truly,
lil old me

StevePBennett liked this post
Metro Area no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 01:56 PM   #11773
SE9
South East Nine

It's been an enlightening discussion indeed. Ultimately, the confusion on my part stemmed from the allowances placed on the photo.

Those like myself and Getty Images upload ©All Rights Reserved photos. However, we allow for those photos, at a self-determined size, to be shared or embedded on social media, personal blogs and forums for fair purposes.

For a flickr user like myself, this is done by selecting this option in my account settings, which gives others this function when they come across my photos. It enables individuals to share my photos on social media, forums and blogs, properly credited. An example of this in action: a random twitter user posting my photos of King's Cross with no personal problem, as I've enabled him to do so. It occurs daily across different forums and mediums.

The vast majority of photos on this thread have been taken by London based forumers: chest, potto, stevekeiretsu, Retro Specs, opayek, Tbeam, PowerOfLondon, geogregor, DarJoLе and myself amongst others. Those that aren't were sourced from photographers that have allowed their photos to be shared with credit for such purposes at a photographer-determined size. Having been a flickr user since 2005, I hadn't encountered a single problem with this prior to the present, some have thanked me. It was in this context that Steve B's photo was posted here, to provide a visual representation of the art installation introduced and described in this post. Unfortunately, doing so has caused great consternation, for which a sincere apology was given. The matter needn't be dwelt on any longer, repeat instances won't occur from now on.

To finish on a related note, if you want an example of a malicious breach of copyright, look no further than my photo of the now-demolished Ferrier Estate, taken in 2009. It has been taken, modified and used as the front cover of a recently published crime thriller without permission or any credit whatsoever. Cheeky.
Old November 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM   #11774
GB1

I see there's been structural problems at the cheesegrater , with bolts falling off. Worrying to say the least.
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM   #11775
potto

Likes (Received): 9106

I think it was a good find and portrait of the installation though, nice elevation and lighting of what is quite a tight spot and awkward angle especially with the recent crowds. I did some recent close ups that I might put up.
potto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:01 PM   #11776
potto

Likes (Received): 9106

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
I see there's been structural problems at the cheesegrater , with bolts falling off. Worrying to say the least.
at least it wasn't a pane of glass... yet
potto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:11 PM   #11777
GB1

Quote:
Originally Posted by potto View Post
at least it wasn't a pane of glass... yet
I wonder what has caused this to happen, poor workmanship or the weather conditions ? .
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #11778
JimB

Likes (Received): 4806

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
I wonder what has caused this to happen, poor workmanship or the weather conditions ? .
Hopefully not faulty design, at least.

Or materials.
JimB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #11779
SE9
South East Nine

Buildings often run across these unfortunate teething problems close after completion. Last month a pane of glass fell from 240 Blackfriars Road.
Old November 6th, 2014, 02:46 PM   #11780
GB1

Hopefully it's just something minor that can be fixed relatively quick. Like poor workmanship rather than a structural or design flaw.

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom