daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2015, 08:59 PM   #12721
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 61605

Greenwich Peninsula | Greenwich Peninsula SE10

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=632984

Official website: http://www.greenwichpeninsula.co.uk/

Project facts
  • Developer: Knight Dragon
  • Cost: £5 billion ($7.6bn)
  • Homes: 12,675
  • 60,000m² office space
  • 39,000m² film studios
  • 36,000m² hotel space
  • 23,000m² retail space
  • 20,000m² visitor attractions
  • 20,000m² serviced apartments space
  • 15,000m² education space

Knight Dragon has exhibited their proposed Greenwich Peninsula Masterplan. To be one of the most substantial developments in London:

JimB, lafreak84, Neungz liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2015, 09:01 PM   #12722
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1040

Obviously those are massing models, but if they get some good designs in there, and lots of glass, that will be an incredible surround for the dome.
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:25 AM   #12723
GB1

Likes (Received): 146

This new Greenwich peninsula master plan will set this project back by at least 10 years. What is the reason for the change to the previous master plan? .
GB1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:40 AM   #12724
SE9
South East Nine

It's actually progressing quickly.

There's several buildings to the right-hand side or the map and model that are currently under construction.
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:53 AM   #12725
GB1

Likes (Received): 146

Then why the need for change ?.
GB1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 01:58 AM   #12726
SE9
South East Nine

To scale-up plans for the parts that haven't yet started construction or received detailed planning permission.
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:23 AM   #12727
JamieUK

Likes (Received): 314

Seems like they is as much going on at the Millennium Dome than they is at Nine Elms.
JamieUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 03:59 AM   #12728
Black Cat

Likes (Received): 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
Putney Plaza | Putney SW15

London forum thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...hp?p=113704152

Official website: http://www.putneyplaza.com/

Project facts
  • Address: 88 Upper Richmond Road, London SW15
  • Developer: Art Estates
  • Architect: Chester Hall
  • Floors: 11
  • Homes: 148

Putney Plaza from Upper Richmond Road, photo by stevekeiretsu:

Putney Plaza u/c by stevekeiretsu, on Flickr
Funny how the design renderings miss out the two railway bridges on either side.
Black Cat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:10 AM   #12729
SE9
South East Nine

The rail lines are shown in other views, and the promotional video.

Black Cat liked this post
SE9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 07:37 PM   #12730
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7543

I've always loved buildings next to railway lines.

Bligh, Zenith liked this post
PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:40 PM   #12731
stevekeiretsu

Likes (Received): 12125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
Funny how the design renderings miss out the two railway bridges on either side.
I think that picture in SE9's post is, by the narrowest of margins, omitting nothing. which is to say, if you could stand where the 'camera' is and take a picture, I think you could have the bridges just outside the frame on each side.

you couldn't stand where the camera is though, unless you climbed on top of a florist

in terms of rendering quibbles, my main gripe would be that that front-on angle makes the tallest building look fairly 'tower shaped' (much taller than it is wide) but it's actually shaping up to be quite a slab when viewed from E/W.

My London development & construction photos: • by area/projectby year
My Urban Showcase threads: • VallettaLjubljanaFunchalOrkneyBristolLisbonLondon
stevekeiretsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 09:48 PM   #12732
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 914

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDN N7 View Post
There's a super fun happy slide down to the river.
Sliding the bankers straight into the Thames eh? Not a bad idea
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:06 PM   #12733
stevekeiretsu

Likes (Received): 12125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ni3lS View Post
Thanks for the valuable insights on thread statistics the past few pages. Let's stay on topic from now on and don't let SE9's hard work and great updates disappear in city vs city garbage. Thanks

if you have any issues with thread statistics, contact an administrator. it doesn't have anything to do with projects and construction in London and frustrations about this issue obviously lead to city vs city discussions which are an absolute no go in this section of the forum. End of discussion.

My London development & construction photos: • by area/projectby year
My Urban Showcase threads: • VallettaLjubljanaFunchalOrkneyBristolLisbonLondon

Sesto Elemento liked this post
stevekeiretsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2015, 11:54 PM   #12734
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3454

The issue of thread statistics is of no concern to members and will be looked into by staff members. Who ever brings this up again and derails this thread will receive a 3 day ban.
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel

erbse, JimB, Sesto Elemento, lafreak84, Luke liked this post
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 11:24 AM   #12735
capslock
Ho hum

Likes (Received): 1687

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
It's actually progressing quickly.

There's several buildings to the right-hand side or the map and model that are currently under construction.
The Greenwich peninsula is not progressing quickly. The best that can be said is that it does at least now appear to actually be progressing. The masterplan for this area has existed in one form or another for over a decade now. Given the housing shortage in London, the investment of the Jubilee line, the amount of money spent in decontaminating and capping the land (something like £200m from memory), and the fact that little to none of these costs have been passed on to the developers who now oversee this area, progression has been criminally slow. In fact, I would say that the peninsula is a classic example of developers holding back on construction in order to keep prices high.

potto liked this post
capslock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 12:22 PM   #12736
TheMoses

Likes (Received): 127

Edit: I thought I should make this comment vaguely productive. I haven't seen this picked up on this thread so I thought I'd post it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBerry View Post
Can't post on the Pinnacle thread so:

From Costar news today:

Singaporean fund unmasked as £770m Pinnacle investor

By James Buckley - Wednesday, January 28, 2015 15:25

A sovereign wealth fund controlled by the Government of Singapore has emerged as a major investor behind the £770m deal to unlock the long-stalled Pinnacle development site in the City of London, CoStar News can reveal.

Temasek Holdings is a principal investor in the consortium of overseas investors fronted by Axa Real Estate that has agreed to buy the freehold interest in the Bishopsgate site.

The site, which is owned by Sedco, Wafra and Arab Investments, will sell for around £220m, with an obligation from the consortium to commit c.£550m on the build out of the under-review scheme.

As part of the deal, it is understood that the Temasek-Axa consortium will scrap consented plans for the 63-storey tower, and replace it with a far more simplified Sir Stuart Lipton-led design of similar height and massing, but without the complex twisting profile that would have made it so expensive to construct.

The deal signals Temasek’s second foray into commercial property investment in London after paying more than £175m for a 50% stake in MidCity Place last summer.

Temasek, which opened its first office in capital last March to cover Euope and Africa, is an investment holding company incorporated in 1974 in the early years of Singapore‘s independence to own and manage its assets and investments on a commercial basis.

When CBRE was instructed to launch the Pinnacle for sale early last year it was expected that a propco with development management expertise in the UK would form part of the successful investor consortium given the likelihood of it being sold to an overseas party with limited property exposure in London.

Temasek’s portfolio stood at S$223bn as at 31 March 2014, ending its financial year with a net cash position, excluding a net fresh capital injection of almost S$5bn from the group’s shareholders as part of their asset allocation decision.

At 945ft, the reconfigured Pinnacle scheme at 22-24 Bishopsgate will still become the City’s tallest building, comprising 975,000 sq ft, but will require further planning permission from the City Corporation.

JimB, AbidM liked this post

Last edited by Ni3lS; January 29th, 2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Made comment completely productive ;)
TheMoses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:19 PM   #12737
Bligh

Likes (Received): 817

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoses View Post
Edit: I thought I should make this comment vaguely productive. I haven't seen this picked up on this thread so I thought I'd post it:
Wow..... this is amazing news. I hope the designs come through soon and this company are pro-active about this.

Great news, thanks for the info mate
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 02:47 PM   #12738
Zenith
Trainee Apprentice MOD

Likes (Received): 1537

Exciting!

Bligh liked this post
Zenith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2015, 03:44 PM   #12739
SE9
South East Nine

Quote:
Originally Posted by capslock View Post
The Greenwich peninsula is not progressing quickly. The best that can be said is that it does at least now appear to actually be progressing. The masterplan for this area has existed in one form or another for over a decade now. Given the housing shortage in London, the investment of the Jubilee line, the amount of money spent in decontaminating and capping the land (something like £200m from memory), and the fact that little to none of these costs have been passed on to the developers who now oversee this area, progression has been criminally slow. In fact, I would say that the peninsula is a classic example of developers holding back on construction in order to keep prices high.
Compare the last 15 months, to the previous 15 years. Greenwich Peninsula is progressing quickly.

It went from no progression under Quintain to quick progression under Knight Dragon.
Old January 29th, 2015, 06:10 PM   #12740
SomeKindOfBug

Likes (Received): 1040

You know, I'd really like to know if there's a kind of black market of used display models from these kinds of exhibitions. Because I love me some intricate scale replicas, and these city showcase ones are always so great.
SomeKindOfBug no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom