daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 19th, 2008, 09:38 PM   #1301
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909 View Post
I find it quite remarkeble, if not suprising, to see that one of the leading economic and financial centers in the world is experiencing a lot of difficulties when it comes to realizing many tall projects, while many other cities in the world could experience a much larger and an almost endless construction boom in the same period.
There are beginning to be signs that no market is immune. This month's Forbes Magazine has an article on the 'housing bust' in China.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 19th, 2008, 09:44 PM   #1302
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6231

Dang, just when architecture was starting to get exciting. I dont know about you but Im bored sick of the glass box stylee.
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2008, 07:12 AM   #1303
FešnorBR

Likes (Received): 8

awesome projects for LondON, my favorite city in Europe....
FešnorBR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #1304
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

Renders The Walbrook.

currently under construction

Secretary of State approves major mixed use development on London’s South Bank (Doon Tower).
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #1305
london lad

Likes (Received): 2258

If the Beetham & 20 Blackfriars towers can win their public inquiry which starts in September we should hopefully be seeing this view in a few years.

[IMG]http://i33.************/119m1vn.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i33.************/sxnhft.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i34.************/15dv3x0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/15dv3x0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i34.************/11qn21e.jpg[/IMG]
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2008, 07:01 AM   #1306
Slavic Warrior

Likes (Received): 45

Quote:

Wow... That's the worst looking structure I have ever seen.
Slavic Warrior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #1307
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Found by London Lad, another skyscraper scheme for Canjary Wharf:

Link

Quote:
A joint venture with Ballymore, Galliard Homes and City & Docklands, this prime river site in the heart of the Docklands has been acquired for long-term development. Part of South Quay, the site is just 6 minutes by Docklands Light Railway from Canary Wharf and has excellent potential for a high quality mixed-use development.

A planning application is being prepared for 2million sq ft of residential, offices, retail and leisure uses over a series of 50 storey buildings.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #1308
NorthaBmore

Likes (Received): 7

I really like those Canary Wharf proposals.
Old September 17th, 2008, 12:23 AM   #1309
Newcastle Guy

More new renders:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarJoLe View Post
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by london lad View Post
Couple more views of the skydeck.

[IMG]http://i33.************/263ddm8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i35.************/9uqclf.jpg[/IMG]
Old September 22nd, 2008, 03:51 PM   #1310
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

STUNNING PICS MATES

very nice

thanks....

another tower APP

A planning application has been filed for yet another development on the Isle of Dogs in London's ever growing Docklands.

The proposals this time are by the Angel Group for Angel House which is at 225 Marsh Wall and importantly marks the first development of a tall building on the eastern half of the Isle of Dogs north of the Docklands Light Railway, an area so far devoid of tall buildings.

The scheme has been designed by SOM defectors, Jacobs Webber who have come up with a mixed use tower of 43 floors that will be 131.69 metres tall, a relatively modest height compared with many of the proposals around it.

Within will be a number of different uses including 1,038 square metres of office space, 18 serviced apartments aimed at the top end of the market, ground floor retail and 225 apartments with the private portion in the tower and the affordable units housed next to the eastern side of the tower in an 11 floor wing.

Jacobs Webber's design is certainly idiosyncratic thanks to the heavy use of coloured cladding that the north and south facades are dominated by. This is utilised to great effect behind a series of clear balconies with the east and west sides of the tower also have coloured strips of glass running vertically up them.

Contrasting with this array of colour are the edges of the tower that will be clad in stainless steel and metallic screen panels on the centre of the eastern side splitting the colour into two vertical strips until it reaches the head.

Adding further to the eccentricity of the tower is a cantilevered head that juts out above the affordable housing block offering a double height amenity space in the form of a health club and swimming pool giving it a distinctive shape, particularly when compared to other more restrained residential towers such as Pan Peninsula.

Along with the plans by SOM for Phase 2 of Crossharbour, Angel House is part of a growing indication that boring American corporatist architecture in the Isle of Dogs could have its dominance in the area challenged by a new generation skyscrapers with something more visually interesting to offer.

LINK: http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=1767
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:50 PM   #1311
london lad

[IMG]http://i37.************/98y32r.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i36.************/5xid1v.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i36.************/34is0b4.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.************/fazcxd.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i38.************/2mq2ecn.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:53 PM   #1312
the spliff fairy
ONE WORLD

Likes (Received): 6231

I quite like in that context, its time for a departure from the glass box in Canary Wharf imo.
the spliff fairy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 10:13 AM   #1313
vickyxu

Likes (Received): 0

very beautiful
www.vcsale.com
vickyxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #1314
Newcastle Guy

Following on from that Jacob Webber tower, another scheme is being planned for the Wharf. This was the original post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
Found by London Lad, another skyscraper scheme for Canjary Wharf:

Link

And here is a new story found by London Lad:

Quote:
Originally Posted by london lad View Post
[IMG]http://i38.************/2gucr6c.jpg[/IMG]

Ballymore and Oracle’s £1bn Docklands tower
PW

By David Doyle

Duo join forces with Galliard for 2.2m sq ft scheme

Ballymore and Oracle Group are planning a 43-storey Foster & Partners-designed residential tower in London’s Docklands as a part of a £1bn mixed-use scheme, flying in the face of the turmoil in the residential sector.

A joint venture between Irish developer Ballymore, David Burke’s Oracle, Galliard Homes and investor and developer City & Docklands will submit a planning application next week for a 2.2m sq ft development on Millharbour.

Darryl Flay, chief executive of Oracle, said the joint venture hopes to start phased development by the end of next year.

Flay said it would use debt finance and hoped a combination of preselling elements of the scheme and an improved financial environment next year would make this possible.

‘In this market, finding the funding for the whole scheme will be very difficult,’ he admitted.

‘We will start on the Great Eastern site in a phased manner. We will be looking for some significant presales on the residential units, we will probably look to have a hotel operator in, and we will get the affordable housing presold.’

Around 1m sq ft of the scheme will comprise private flats and a further 430,000 sq ft of affordable housing units would give a total of around 2,000 homes. There would be a large proportion of family homes in the affordable housing blocks, and luxury flats in the Foster-designed tower.

Most of the private flats will be built on the 3.5 acre former Great Eastern Trading Estate at Millharbour on the banks of the Thames. There will also be a 180,000 sq ft hotel.

The affordable housing, a small number of private units, 45,000 sq ft of shops and a 500,000 sq ft office development will be occupy the other site, the 3.3 acre Audi garage site at Marsh Wall.

The two sites, which straddle Ballymore’s 820-flat Pan Peninsula, were bought in 2006 for £122m.

Ballymore and Oracle have worked up the planning application, with Foster & Partners and US architect Skidmore Owings & Merrill.

Galliard will have a sales and marketing role in the joint venture, while City & Docklands was involved with the original negotiations for the Marsh Wall site.

Flay expected the entire scheme to take around seven years to complete.
Canary Wharf could end up one of the densest, if not the densest cluster in Europe. I'll put up an updated list of proposals later.

Last edited by Newcastle Guy; September 26th, 2008 at 03:18 PM.
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #1315
Newcastle Guy

Here we go:

Riverside South T1 U/C 236m
1 Canada Square Built 235m
North Quay T1 Approved 214m
15 Marsh Wall Planned 209m
North Quay T3 Approved 203m
Wood Wharf T1 Planned 200m (e)
8 Canada Square Built 200m
25 Canada Square Built 200m
Heron Quays West T1 Approved 198m
1 Park Place Approved 191m

Wood Wharf T2 Planned 187m
Riverside South T2 U/C 186m
Wood Wharf T3 Planned 182m
1 Churchill Place Built 156m
Wood Wharf T4 Planned 154m
25 Bank Street Built 153m
40 Bank Street Built 153m
Admiral’s Way Tower Planned 152m (e)
10 Upper Bank Street Built 151m
30 Marsh Wall Planned 150m (e)
Crossharbour Tower Approved 150m
Pan Peninsula T1 U/C 147m
Heron Quays West T2 Approved 147m
Newfoundland Planned 140m
Landmark East U/C 140m
Quebec Building Approved 136m
Enterprise Site Tower Planned 135m (e)
225 Marsh Wall Planned 132m
Wood Wharf T5 Planned 129m
Wood Wharf T6 Planned 128m

25 Churchill Place Approved 124m
40 Marsh Wall Planned 122m (e)
Trafalgar Way T1 Planned 122m

Pan Peninsula T2 U/C 122m
Wood Wharf T7 Planned 122m
North Quay T2 Approved 120m
Wood Wharf T8 Planned 119m
Arrowhead Quay On Hold 113m
West India Quay Built 111m
Wood Wharf T9 Planned 108m
33 Canada Square Built 105m
Ontario Tower Built 104m
Trafalgar Way T2 Planned 104m
South Quay Square Planned 100m

If all of the planned schemes go forward, there would be 44 100m+ highrises in the cluster, amazing for a European city.

Also, a new scheme for Croydon has been unveiled:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SE9 View Post
Article in this morning's Croydon Guardian and Croydon Advertiser:

Exclusive: Giant twin tower planned for Croydon town centre
http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/...l/article.html

Quote:
Friday, September 26, 2008, 07:00
By IAN AUSTEN

THERE is no doubt that if it is goes ahead this huge twin tower would be an unmistakable Croydon landmark.

But the man behind the eye-catching design also hopes it will act as a beacon for investment in the town centre.

Dubbed Odalisk by its architect, Piers Gough, the development is planned for Lansdowne Road on the site of the existing YMCA building and Marco Polo House.

The £350 million scheme from developers Guildhouse-Rosepride involves building two linked towers.

One would be on the corner of Lansdowne Road and Wellesley Road standing 35-storeys tall.

But it would be dwarfed by a 51-storey tower in Lansdowne Road.

The smaller tower and the building linking it with the taller block will house a 200-bedroom hotel and 100 serviced apartments for business people on longer stay visits to Croydon.

The tall tower will contain 25,000 square metres of grade A office space and 360 apartments.

Residents of all the apartments will have access to balconies or to two winter gardens.

The development also includes a pedestrian colonnade, lined with bars and restaurants, which the developers say will encourage pedestrians to walk from East Croydon through to Wellesley Road.

Guildhouse-Rosepride believe the proposals could bring 3,000 new jobs to the town.

Mr Gough said: "I am delighted to see the unveiling of Odalisk, which I believe will play an important role in shaping the future of Croydon.

"The days of drab grey buildings are an at an end. Odalisk will act as an inspiration to a new future."

Mark Waterstone, of Guildhouse-Rosepride, said the development is the result of a two-year design and planning process.

He said: "Basically it is a very simple building but it is the attention to detail which I think makes it look so attractive."

No formal application will be submitted to Croydon Council until detailed consultation has taken place with businesses, residents and councillors.

Mr Waterstone said: "We don't want to force this on people and we are not arrogant enough to think that it is perfect."

The intention is to listen to the views of people in the area and to get support for the development.

Mr Waterstone added: "Without that it would be foolhardy to push it forward. We know we still have a long way to go."
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:57 PM   #1316
KaEL-

And what about financial crisis?
KaEL- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1317
london lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaEL- View Post
And what about financial crisis?
What about it?
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #1318
KaEL-

No cancellation?
Old September 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #1319
london lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaEL- View Post
No cancellation?
No projects have been cancelled as yet . 122LH has been delayed and will be built to ground level but its hopeful that construction above ground will continue after about a 12mth delay. All the large schemes, LBT, the Pinnacle, Heron tower & RS all have work progressing with demolition & sub structure & piling being carried out on all the sites.

Of course this can all change as & when other things develop but for the moment all systems are go on the large projects & new office & residential towers have been worked up, put in for planning & approved at a quite phenomenal rate this year as you can see by going back over the last few pages of this thread.
Old September 27th, 2008, 09:48 PM   #1320
KaEL-

ok thx

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom