daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2016, 07:16 PM   #18401
ILTarantino

Likes (Received): 487

Your fate and the fate of the country lie inside the hands of ignorant, racist rubes. What a shame!
And Italy is even worse in this respect...

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Last edited by ILTarantino; June 25th, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
ILTarantino no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2016, 08:40 PM   #18402
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTarantino View Post

Your fate and the fate of the country lie inside the hands of ignorant, racist rubes. What a shame!
I suppose an Italian would be able to commiserate.

Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 12:20 AM   #18403
BlackCountryAl
Yam Yam

Likes (Received): 1680

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale View Post
"The public weren't capable of making an informed decision, they should never have been trusted with the vote" ... no dictator could ever have said it better.
Please don't compare me to a dictator. If you're happy winning with votes given by the racist and ignorant, and have the gall to say you won fairly so we should just let it go by, well I don't know what to say, i'm just gobsmacked. It wouldn't have been close if you didn't have them on your side.

"Thought it might be nice to try doing it on our own". Yeah we're not experimenting here love.
"We're British. We don't want all the other people. We just want us". This was a very popular reason for voting leave

Don't get me started on this scrounger

Would you vote for her if she ran for MP in your constituency? You would trust her to make informed decisions? You think it is okay to risk this country's future by putting a massive decision like this in the hands of stupid people? We don't let under 18s vote for a reason, we should have IQ tests for irresponsible people like these before they are eligible to vote. You called me a dictator, disagree with me on that then.

Alternatively, the next best thing, we elect MPs to make decisions for us, they are the most knowledgeable on these subjects. They make every other decision for this country. Is that dictatorship too in your view then? Parliamentary democracy mate. They knew the facts without having lies hurled at them from both sides of the argument.

I think the public should have more say on things, like whether we should have gone to Syria or not. Having more regular electronic votes on an app or through a website isn't the best idea though if they can be rigged more easily.

ILTarantino said what I managed to do in 5 paragraphs in two lines. And my dissertation supervisor told me I was concise

We shouldn't be discussing this in this thread anyway.
Old June 26th, 2016, 01:04 AM   #18404
JamieUK

Likes (Received): 301

Has the 22 bishopsgate building grown on people or is it still unpopular. It looks gorgeous in those recent renders 2 pages back. Even the one showing the wide side looked good to me.

JamieUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 01:27 AM   #18405
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCountryAl View Post
Please don't compare me to a dictator. If you're happy winning with votes given by the racist and ignorant, and have the gall to say you won fairly so we should just let it go by, well I don't know what to say, i'm just gobsmacked. It wouldn't have been close if you didn't have them on your side.

"Thought it might be nice to try doing it on our own". Yeah we're not experimenting here love.
"We're British. We don't want all the other people. We just want us". This was a very popular reason for voting leave

Don't get me started on this scrounger

Would you vote for her if she ran for MP in your constituency? You would trust her to make informed decisions? You think it is okay to risk this country's future by putting a massive decision like this in the hands of stupid people? We don't let under 18s vote for a reason, we should have IQ tests for irresponsible people like these before they are eligible to vote. You called me a dictator, disagree with me on that then.

Alternatively, the next best thing, we elect MPs to make decisions for us, they are the most knowledgeable on these subjects. They make every other decision for this country. Is that dictatorship too in your view then? Parliamentary democracy mate. They knew the facts without having lies hurled at them from both sides of the argument.

I think the public should have more say on things, like whether we should have gone to Syria or not. Having more regular electronic votes on an app or through a website isn't the best idea though if they can be rigged more easily.

ILTarantino said what I managed to do in 5 paragraphs in two lines. And my dissertation supervisor told me I was concise

We shouldn't be discussing this in this thread anyway.
The venerable face of Remain: http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M...9&rs=0&p=0&r=0

Last edited by Dale; June 26th, 2016 at 01:34 AM.
Old June 26th, 2016, 01:28 AM   #18406
Dale

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieUK View Post
Has the 22 bishopsgate building grown on people or is it still unpopular. It looks gorgeous in those recent renders 2 pages back. Even the one showing the wide side looked good to me.
Let's have a referendum on it.
Old June 26th, 2016, 02:05 AM   #18407
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7196

Quote:
I think most people agree it's not as good as the previous design.

PortoNuts no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 02:21 AM   #18408
JamieUK

Likes (Received): 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortoNuts View Post
I think most people agree it's not as good as the previous design.
Me included. But it's been slowly growing on me every time i see a new render.

PortoNuts, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
JamieUK no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2016, 02:36 AM   #18409
Dale

Quote:
Me too. In any case it's massive.

Old June 26th, 2016, 02:42 PM   #18410
PortoNuts

Quote:
I think the renders probably don't do it justice. They're not as good as they were previously. Perhaps we're in for a pleasant surprise. We have to let it grow taller.

JamieUK, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Old June 26th, 2016, 11:47 PM   #18411
PortoNuts

Quote:
Hill wins approval for £100m east London housing scheme

House builder Hill has won planning approval for a £100m regeneration scheme in Walthamstow, east London.

Designed by Pollard Thomas Edwards Architects, the Lea Bridge Road scheme will comprise three residential towers of 300 flats.

Work is due to start on site in the autumn of this year, with sales set to launch in 2018.

The development is a significant milestone for Hill, which has a growing pipeline of projects in London, and is building a reputation for delivering large urban regeneration projects.

Hill chief executive Andy Hill, said: “East London remains one of the capital’s most exciting areas for regeneration. We’re tapping into this growing momentum, bringing homes, offices and a host of amenities to an area which previously suffered due to a lack of investment.

“Working closely with the London Borough of Waltham Forest, these proposals will breathe new life into the area, becoming a catalyst for further regeneration and investment,” he added.

http://www.constructionenquirer.com/...ousing-scheme/
Old June 27th, 2016, 03:11 AM   #18412
jonnyboy

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTarantino View Post

By pigeon holing people and dehumanising 17 million people , you begin to sound like Britain First!
Old June 27th, 2016, 04:17 AM   #18413
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 714

Is this really the place for politics? I hope someone deletes all these unrelated posts and reprimands those responsible.

*And Major D., just leave the angry man's post up. - spectre000
Mplsuptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 04:26 AM   #18414
AbidM

Likes (Received): 1344

US bank JP Morgan has warned 4,000 jobs will go and HSBC has said 1,000 City jobs will move to France. Rumours are sweeping the City that alternative trading sites are being set up in a number of other financial centres, including Luxembourg.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-trade-reopens

DAMN! (A few days in.)
"We're all victims of the architect. Architecture is the only art that you can't help but feel. You can avoid paintings, you can avoid music, and you can even avoid history. But good luck getting away from architecture." - Humans of New York

AbidM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 09:18 AM   #18415
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidM View Post
US bank JP Morgan has warned 4,000 jobs will go and HSBC has said 1,000 City jobs will move to France. Rumours are sweeping the City that alternative trading sites are being set up in a number of other financial centres, including Luxembourg.

https://www.theguardian.com/business...-trade-reopens

DAMN! (A few days in.)
Might move if UK leave EEA which is pretty clear now, won't happen:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36629745

May be we will start posting rumours in other thread?

Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 03:22 PM   #18416
benchaney
Anomaly XB-6783746

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsuptown View Post
Is this really the place for politics? I hope someone deletes all these unrelated posts and reprimands those responsible.
I agree, if the stories directly relate to construction projects in London then it makes perfect sense but otherwise this forum isn't intended for political debates, lets get back to the action

Keep calm and carry on

Bligh liked this post
benchaney no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 03:23 PM   #18417
HoldenC

Likes (Received): 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Might move if UK leave EEA which is pretty clear now, won't happen:

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-36629745

May be we will start posting rumours in other thread?
But why would UK stay in EEA? It is a worse option compared to membership of EU. As a member of EEA you have to apply all the rules made by the EU and you do not have any vote on it, you have to pay to the EU to be a member of EEA. Norway is a member od EEA and they are not happy with it. They would rather join the EU and have a say on all of the rules that are being made. Just read the interview norwegian prime minister gave last week.

HoldenC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2016, 03:57 PM   #18418
PortoNuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoldenC View Post
But why would UK stay in EEA? It is a worse option compared to membership of EU. As a member of EEA you have to apply all the rules made by the EU and you do not have any vote on it, you have to pay to the EU to be a member of EEA. Norway is a member od EEA and they are not happy with it. They would rather join the EU and have a say on all of the rules that are being made. Just read the interview norwegian prime minister gave last week.
Countries the size of Norway wouldn't have a say in EU rules.

But yeah, not the place for politics.

Old June 27th, 2016, 08:17 PM   #18419
PortoNuts

Quote:
Have the smart areas of Islington, London, hit peak price growth?

Canonbury and Barnsbury are among the borough’s most desirable areas — but agents warn price rises could be slowing.

Barnsbury in north London was home to Tony and Cherie Blair when New Labour swept to victory in the 1997 election. You may even have caught a glimpse of the neighbourhood in news footage, when a disheveled Cherie famously emerged from their Victorian townhouse to receive a bouquet of congratulatory flowers amid a hail of flashbulbs and a wave of public goodwill.

If a lot has changed in politics since then, house prices in the area are unrecognisable today.

Barnsbury, together with its eastern neighbour, Canonbury, are considered the smartest — and most expensive — parts of Islington. Both are full of quiet streets and garden squares lined with Georgian and Victorian family homes.

Upper Street, the high road separating the two neighbourhoods, has gone rapidly upmarket since the Blairs lived round the corner. Back in the 1980s it was a hotchpotch of leftist activism, with a squatter-run café and an anarchist shop that used to steal its stock from other shops in London.

These days locals can buy olives from posh deli Ottolenghi and order champagne from their sofa-for-two in the local cinema.

In the 1990s Granita, the restaurant where Blair and Gordon Brown sealed their pact on the Labour leadership, stood at 127 Upper Street. Today it is an estate agents. And perhaps that is fitting since, nowadays, that is where the really big deals go down.

A five-bedroom family home on Canonbury Square is on the market for £5.5m through Savills, while in Barnsbury, a six-bedroom detached house is on sale for £8.5m through Currell.

The average home price in Barnsbury is £887,000, according to research by Hamptons International. In Canonbury it is a little cheaper, at £815,000, but both are about 25 per cent higher than prices in the borough as a whole.

https://next.ft.com/content/9f56b954...0-04585c31b153

Old June 28th, 2016, 12:41 AM   #18420
PortoNuts

Quote:
First part of new London Bridge station opens

More than 240 staff have moved to new station offices at London Bridge; the first part of the new station to come into use.

The new offices include control room and Network Rail says this is the first piece of the new station to enter operational use. The first half of the new concourse opens in August. The station is due to be completed in 2018.

Network Rail station manager Denis Kirk said: “For the first time at this station we now share a single office with our colleagues from the train operators. Video screens mean the shift station manager now has a perfect view of the concourse, which means we’re no longer so reliant on radios. Everyone is right there with you and gives you an immediate response when needed.”
http://www.railmagazine.com/news/net...-station-opens

Tags
development, england, london, united kingdom