daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #41
oskarj
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 148
Likes (Received): 0

its boring but much more practical then the more futuristic designs with curves every where, if there really is anything practical with a tower this tall that is.
oskarj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #42
Manu84
BANNED
 
Manu84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Segovia/Valladolid
Posts: 9,935
Likes (Received): 22

Manu84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 06:06 PM   #43
Mosaic
BANGKOK
 
Mosaic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 13,304
Likes (Received): 762

Quote:
Originally Posted by oskarj
Tell me why is it that every single city in the world got to have a turning torso?

Probably, because, its shape is really unique and elegant. Moreover, it's very famous and it can be a distinguish landmark of that city.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #44
St. Anger
Insomniatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Newcastle-Upon-Tyne
Posts: 90
Likes (Received): 1

i think it looks cool, the fact that the incheon tower is so thin makes it look much taller, if its built, im sure u'd feel so awe inspired being next to it, cos itll just look so impressive
St. Anger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:26 PM   #45
Mosaic
BANGKOK
 
Mosaic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 13,304
Likes (Received): 762

^Yeah! I agree but I am just wondering that if it can stand against a big Typhoon?
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 09:02 PM   #46
Woko
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montréal
Posts: 359
Likes (Received): 0

Those towers are boring. There is no originality on them. I hope that they will never build this.

BTW I realy like the Asia Trade Tower. Looks a bit like the Freedom Tower
__________________
Montréal

Come see Montréal's projects

Montreal's projects - U/C, Proposed, Approved

You just have to look at the first page to see them all. I update it every time there is a news.
Woko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 03:41 AM   #47
-Corey-
Je suis tout à vous
 
-Corey-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 16,222
Likes (Received): 5224

Very nice.
__________________

๏̯͡๏๏̯͡๏

Last edited by -Corey-; May 1st, 2006 at 04:07 AM.
-Corey- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:28 AM   #48
SHORTY
Registered User
 
SHORTY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Westport
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 0

A tower in a park. WOW!!!!!!!!
__________________
Judge me by my actions not my words!
So I says to my wife, Larry, one of us is gay!
SHORTY no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:39 AM   #49
Ellatur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,441
Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
I don't like the design at all, and this is coming from someone who likes clean-cut towers.
Honestly not only do I dislike the two towers, but I also doubt it will get built. Just like a couple of years ago when this other tower came out after the Taipei and before the Burj Dubai, and ended up cancelled.
Actually, is this two towers or one? They mention only one building.
seeing as how the two 'columns' share a single base, i think its just one building
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 02:57 AM   #50
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

Looks good.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:12 AM   #51
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic
^Yeah! I agree but I am just wondering that if it can stand against a big Typhoon?
Oh god. There is no typhoon at destrustive scale in S. Korean because it's colder there. It becomes really funny if you don't know your geography.
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:28 AM   #52
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?
 
STR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,095
Likes (Received): 104

^You're aware typhoons can and have hit Tokyo and cities even farther north with wind speeds of up to 120kph. right?

Having said that, with a building this big, they've planned for it.
__________________
There are six phases to every project 1) enthusiasm, 2) disillusionment, 3) panic, 4) search for the guilty, 5) punishment of the innocent, 6) praise for the non-participants. - Guy Tozzoli
Build your own Model Skyscrapers** New World Trade Center (2006-) 3D Model ** World Trade Center (1971-2001) 3D Model
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:31 AM   #53
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
^You're aware typhoons can and have hit Tokyo and cities even farther north with wind speeds of up to 120kph. right?

Having said that, with a building this big, they've planned for it.
Possible? in the future. at this gloabl warming scale, typhoons and hurricanes will be as common like thunderstorm, But why would you expect something like that? are you pessimistic?
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:36 AM   #54
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?
 
STR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 2,095
Likes (Received): 104

I expect it because it IS inevitable. The building is going to stand for 200-400 years. Maybe longer. Honestly, no one knows how long a supertall can stand, the oldest is only 75 years old. However, odds are very good it will stand for centuries and will get hit by some kind of severe windstorm, regardless of global warming, within that timeframe. Which is why they design buildings to take that kind of event with minimal damage.
__________________
There are six phases to every project 1) enthusiasm, 2) disillusionment, 3) panic, 4) search for the guilty, 5) punishment of the innocent, 6) praise for the non-participants. - Guy Tozzoli
Build your own Model Skyscrapers** New World Trade Center (2006-) 3D Model ** World Trade Center (1971-2001) 3D Model
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #55
Modernization
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 334
Likes (Received): 8

This one is going for style, not safety so I don't know about its endurance.
Modernization no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:32 AM   #56
SUNNI
Registered User
 
SUNNI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 3,058
Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellatur
seeing as how the two 'columns' share a single base, i think its just one building
no, mokdong hyperions also share same base, but are considered 3 different building
__________________
-
SUNNI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 04:53 AM   #57
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 7,440
Likes (Received): 5456

The design is pretty boring, good height though, but then we see a lot of supertalls proposed in Korea, yet to see any get up.
__________________
Thinking big is not a matter of cost, curiosity, or ideology. It may be a matter of survival.
Locke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #58
ch1le
always on
 
ch1le's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: tallinn/Tartu
Posts: 4,650
Likes (Received): 203

@STR

Man you just made me realise these will indeed stand for centuries, amaizing to think....

the tower is great never the less
ch1le no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:48 PM   #59
mektwist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic
Probably, because, its shape is really unique and elegant. Moreover, it's very famous and it can be a distinguish landmark of that city.
Well not if every city has one
mektwist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #60
mektwist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modernization
Oh god. There is no typhoon at destrustive scale in S. Korean because it's colder there. It becomes really funny if you don't know your geography.
Quote:
Possible? in the future. at this gloabl warming scale, typhoons and hurricanes will be as common like thunderstorm, But why would you expect something like that? are you pessimistic?
You changed your argument around pretty fast.
It becomes really funny if you don't think before you say something lol
mektwist no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu