daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 30th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #541
paradyto
entendre privilege

Ngurah Rai International Airport, Denpasar, Bali

by Fir3blaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fir3blaze View Post
Pics of the airport taken on my visit 27-29 March 2009.

Cargo Terminal

Fire & Rescue Station

Balinese Gapura (Gateway)
paradyto está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #542
paradyto
entendre privilege

Minangkabau International Airport, West Sumatra

by bagak...

Minangkabau Airport - SUMBAR

dari Anton Chandra

dari Chong Si Lee

Kemal

dari Rizal Ilyas

Old May 31st, 2009, 12:00 AM   #543
samadifa

Likes (Received): 2

wow architecture at its finest in that airport. I love seeing the culture in the airport
samadifa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2009, 03:59 PM   #544
paradyto
entendre privilege

That was the traditional house of Minangkabau, West Sumatra...
Old May 31st, 2009, 04:03 PM   #545
paradyto
entendre privilege

Garuda to use Airbus to serve Beijing-Jakarta route

Beijing (ANTARA News) - Garuda Indonesia plans to use an Airbus plane to serve the Beijing-Jakarta route starting early next year as part of efforts to provide better services to passengers.

The plan to use an Airbus plane was aimed at anticipating fierce competition among airline companies which had switched to large-bodied planes to serve the route, Beijing-based Garuda General Manager Sentot Mujiono said here on Sunday.

"Amidst the fierce competition we hope that the use of a large-bodied plane starting early next year will encourage more and more people to choose Garuda for Beijing-Jakarta flights," he said.

Garuda has so far used a Boeing 737 NG plane to serve the route.

Sentot said he was optimistic that the national flag carrier would be able to compete with foreign airline companies and attract as many passengers as possible.

Asked to comment on a complaint that Garuda offered higher fares than other airline companies, he said the complaint was unfounded now that Garuda passengers got all kinds of comfort during flights.

Among the comfort was that Garuda left Beijing in the morning and arrived in Jakarta in the evening, he said.

"The departure and arrival time actually benefits passengers because they arrive at the airport of destination before night. In addition, our cabin services are not inferior to those of foreign airline companies," he said.

At present Garuda flies from Beijing to Jakarta on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and from Jakarta to Beijing on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, using a Boeing 737 plane of new generation. (*)
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:34 AM   #546
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Likes (Received): 166

Garuda to use Airbus to serve Beijing-Jakarta route

Beijing (ANTARA News) - Garuda Indonesia plans to use an Airbus plane to serve the Beijing-Jakarta route starting early next year as part of efforts to provide better services to passengers.

The plan to use an Airbus plane was aimed at anticipating fierce competition among airline companies which had switched to large-bodied planes to serve the route, Beijing-based Garuda General Manager Sentot Mujiono said here on Sunday.

"Amidst the fierce competition we hope that the use of a large-bodied plane starting early next year will encourage more and more people to choose Garuda for Beijing-Jakarta flights," he said.

Garuda has so far used a Boeing 737 NG plane to serve the route.

Sentot said he was optimistic that the national flag carrier would be able to compete with foreign airline companies and attract as many passengers as possible.

Asked to comment on a complaint that Garuda offered higher fares than other airline companies, he said the complaint was unfounded now that Garuda passengers got all kinds of comfort during flights.

Among the comfort was that Garuda left Beijing in the morning and arrived in Jakarta in the evening, he said.

"The departure and arrival time actually benefits passengers because they arrive at the airport of destination before night. In addition, our cabin services are not inferior to those of foreign airline companies," he said.

At present Garuda flies from Beijing to Jakarta on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays and from Jakarta to Beijing on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, using a Boeing 737 plane of new generation. (*)
netaholics13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM   #547
Go Ahead Eagles

Likes (Received): 1172

Garuda Indonesia expects 80% load factor on Riyadh route

JAKARTA, Jun 2, 2009 (Asia In Focus via COMTEX) -- Indonesia`s state-owned airline GARUDA INDONESIA on Tuesday reopened its Jakarta-Riyadh-Dammam flight route which had been closed since the end of 1990 to meet increased demand for the air link. "We are optimistic our load-factor target of an average of 80 per cent on the route will be met," PT Garuda Indonesia`s EVP Sales and Market Agus Priyanto told newsmen after officially declaring the reopening of the route in the company of Saudi ambassador to Indonesia A.M. Amen Al-Khayyat at Terminal 2 of Soekarno-Hatta airport here on Tuesday.

* He said the route would be served three times a week, namely every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday, using Boeing 747-400 aircraft with 41 seats in business class and 384 seats in economy class.

* The Jakarta-Riyahd-Dammam route was reopened because demand had risen in the past few years, proven by the high rate of occupancy in several airlines of the Middle East serving the route, he added.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 10:36 AM   #548
Go Ahead Eagles

Garuda Resumes Jakarta Flights to Bangka-Belitung

State-owned national flag carrier PT Garuda Indonesia has resumed regular flights to Pangkalpinang Airport in Bangka-Belitung province after shutting down the route in the 1980s, a company official said on Monday.

Agus Supriyanto, Garuda’s commercial director, said the route was resumed because of the island’s potential for tourism. “We hope that the new route will have a minimum passenger load of 80 percent per flight,” he said. “We are confident that we can achieve the target due to significant development in the province.”

The flight is one of 18 new routes that the company plans to open this year. In the 1980s, Garuda halted flights to the island to give smaller regional airlines a chance. However, with the development of tourism in Bangka-Belitung, the time was right for a resumption of flights, Agus said.

The airline will fly from Jakarta to Bangka-Belitung daily at 6:45 a.m., and head back at 8:30 a.m.

“If the load factor improves, we might add an additional flight,” Agus said.

Eko Maulana Ali, Bangka-Belitung’s governor, praised the new development, saying that it was a long-awaited move that should facilitate investment in tourism and tin mining in the province.

“This flight will hopefully boost tourism,” Eko said, adding that the only obstacle to more investment in the province was a lack of electricity on the island, which he hoped would be addressed by the government’s “fast track” program.

“A lot of investors from China and Korea are interested to invest in our mining sector, but we need to solve our electricity issue,” Eko said.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #549
Go Ahead Eagles

Garuda Indonesia to increase flights from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur

The country's flag carrier Garuda Indonesia said it would increase its flight frequency from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur from one to two by the end of this year.

"We saw our current load factor have reached 75 percent and even more during school breaks like June and July. This is very promising," Garuda Indonesia Vice President overseeing Network Risnandi was quoted by Kompas.com as saying in Kuala Lumpur on Sunday.

Risnandi said the company board of directors had agreed with the new additional flights from Jakarta to Kuala Lumpur.
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #550
Go Ahead Eagles

Garuda to Purchase Defunct Linus Airways?
Move Could Be Shortcut to Obtaining Operating Licenses for Subsidiary Citilink.

Garuda Indonesia is considering a possible purchase of defunct Linus Airway as a short-cut to obtaining the needed operational certificates for their subsidiary Citilink.

The Director General of Civil aviation, Herry Bakti S. Gumay, told Bisnis Indonesia that Garuda plans to buy the domestic carrier fotced by financial difficulties stopped flying on April 27, 2009. "I heard that Garuda intends to buy Linus who already hold an aviation business license (SIUP) and an air operators certificate (AOC) for the scheduled air services," Herry explained.

Herry said his office supported Garuda's plans to purchase the majority shares of Linus because foreign parties are not allowed to buy more than 49% of Linus' shares.

Herry admitted to the press that he did not know the latest developments in Garuda acquisition plans. Meanwhile, the CEO of the national carrier, Emirsyah Satar, refused to comment to the press regarding his plans for thhe acquisition of Linus.

Bisnis Indonesia quotes a government official close to Garuda as confirming that the state-owned airline's Board of Commissioners is in the process of exploring the feasibility of purchasing Linus as a means to obtain is operating licenses. In purchasing Linus the national airline would also acquire its operating licenses issued before February 2008, pre-dating new regulations that require Indonesian airlines to operate a fleet of at least 10 aircraft.

Meanwhile, the President Director of Linus Airways, Indra, said his company was prepared to entertain offers from strategic investors, both domestic and foreign. Indra explained: "we are flexible to acquisition, depending on the investor. If someone wants to buy 100% of the shares we can release our shares, but if someone wants take only a majority shareholding with us as a partner – we are also open." Indra that while Linus Airways would receive offers from Garuda, they were already in negotiations with other parties.

According to Indra, he had once held informal talks with Emirsyah Satar, but those discussions never touched upon acquisition. He also told the press that he was in discussions with a strategic investor with the aim of resuming flight operations.

Added Urgency

Bisnis Indonesia reported on Saturday, June 6, 2009, that the Indonesian Department of Civil Aviation has formally stripped Linus Airways of all its route permits in accordance with rules mandating that any airline failing to fly for more than 30 days lose its route rights.

The routes formerly operated by Linus Airways and now up for grabs by Indonesia’s operating airlines are:

• Batam - Palembang

• Batam – Pangkalpinang

• Batam – Pekanbaru

• Jakarta – Palembang

• Jakarta – Pangkalan Bun

• Jakarta – Semarang

• Semarang – Pangkalan Bun

• Jakarta – Tanjungpandan

• Medan – Pekanbaru

• Pankalpinang – Tenjungpandan

In quick response to the government’s route suspension, two airlines - Riau Airlines and Kartika Airlines have forwarded application seeking assume operational rights on the dormant routes.

The Director of Civil Aviation, Tri S. Sunoko, told the press that the withdrawal of route permits is a preliminary to the formal suspension of the defunct airlines' air operating certificate.

Loan Restructuring for Garuda

The financial director of Garuda, Eddy Purwanto, told the press that his airline had successfully restructured US$650 million in loans, reducing that amount to US$450 million with repayment extended until 2015.

Garuda has appointed Rothschild’s as their international financial advisors to assist in restructuring it debts.

Emirsyah Satar has confirmed that the airline is completing negotiations with Bank Mandiri regarding the loans owed to the Indonesian bank by Garuda.
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #551
agostinho

Likes (Received): 1425

hello, I am Agostinho, from Angola. my airliner is also on the black list of european union aviation. The Eu has been in my country to audit Taag and Inavic(regulator of aviation in angola)since yesterday 8th june still 11th june, we have passed the audit of Iata last month and our government has done so many efforts to free our airliner from this black list; What about you? what have you done so far? Why have you still been on this list when you passed the Iata audit almost one year ego? Are they too strict? do'nt they take into considerations the effort of the airliners involved in this trouble? i am a little worried because our efforts might be neglected by them, because i do not believe that you have ignored the air safety once you got into Iata. Let me know your points of view dear people from Indonesia Thank you.
agostinho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #552
KelvinatorNL
White Widow Blunt

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by agostinho View Post
hello, I am Agostinho, from Angola. my airliner is also on the black list of european union aviation. The Eu has been in my country to audit Taag and Inavic(regulator of aviation in angola)since yesterday 8th june still 11th june, we have passed the audit of Iata last month and our government has done so many efforts to free our airliner from this black list; What about you? what have you done so far? Why have you still been on this list when you passed the Iata audit almost one year ego? Are they too strict? do'nt they take into considerations the effort of the airliners involved in this trouble? i am a little worried because our efforts might be neglected by them, because i do not believe that you have ignored the air safety once you got into Iata. Let me know your points of view dear people from Indonesia Thank you.
indonesia is a bigger country with more travelling people and has a lot more airliners. The real problem is the mentality of the indonesian government and their people. Corruption is almost accepted as a normal thing in the daily lives of the indonesians.
There are standard procedures but indonesia is too slow and too bureaucracy to change tjhings quickly...
KelvinatorNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #553
agostinho

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinatorNL View Post
indonesia is a bigger country with more travelling people and has a lot more airliners. The real problem is the mentality of the indonesian government and their people. Corruption is almost accepted as a normal thing in the daily lives of the indonesians.
There are standard procedures but indonesia is too slow and too bureaucracy to change tjhings quickly...
But, have they been recently in your country for another audit? is it possible for you to get rid of this blacklisting next time? I would like you Indonesians to share your experiences with us, because we have the same problems concerning aviation. regarding the corruption, it also common in my country altough they have done their best to stop such problems. What is strange for me is your admitance to IATA and everything is still the same, i wish you good luck.
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:16 AM   #554
KelvinatorNL
White Widow Blunt

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by agostinho View Post
But, have they been recently in your country for another audit? is it possible for you to get rid of this blacklisting next time? I would like you Indonesians to share your experiences with us, because we have the same problems concerning aviation. regarding the corruption, it also common in my country altough they have done their best to stop such problems. What is strange for me is your admitance to IATA and everything is still the same, i wish you good luck.
i don't have that much experience with the aviation industry, but what i know, is the fact that indonesia has more than 50 airline companies and i think Garuda and Mandala are the only airline companies that have an audit of IATA. And it's about the safety regulations of the indonesian government (the transport ministry) which is maintained and controlled poorly. The other airlines don't have IATA audits (maybe Lion Air has) and that could be one of the reasons why ALL indonesian airliners are banned from the EU region. Too bad, recently some military aircraft has crashed (with a lot of casualties) which makes the indonesian image of airlines looks bad.

If indonesia wants to be taken seriously by the 'western world', they have to get rid of the old planes, get better safety regulations and better maintain and control the rules and the planes. But it's all about politics, money and the WILL to change...
KelvinatorNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 01:34 AM   #555
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

wrong. As a matter of fact, old planes does not mean bad safety record.

Indonesian airlines has been updating their fleet, the 732 are no longer exists soon. Batavia air is receiving their two Airbus A330 by this july, and 6 other new airplanes...to bring their fleet into 45.

so you see the airlines industry in Indonesia are shaping up, but yes the government audit control has been very slow, but at least, they're making progress..

especially for garuda and mandala....not to mention Indonesia airasia, batavia and many other...

cheers
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:26 AM   #556
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelvinatorNL View Post
i don't have that much experience with the aviation industry, but what i know, is the fact that indonesia has more than 50 airline companies and i think Garuda and Mandala are the only airline companies that have an audit of IATA. And it's about the safety regulations of the indonesian government (the transport ministry) which is maintained and controlled poorly. The other airlines don't have IATA audits (maybe Lion Air has) and that could be one of the reasons why ALL indonesian airliners are banned from the EU region. Too bad, recently some military aircraft has crashed (with a lot of casualties) which makes the indonesian image of airlines looks bad.

If indonesia wants to be taken seriously by the 'western world', they have to get rid of the old planes, get better safety regulations and better maintain and control the rules and the planes. But it's all about politics, money and the WILL to change...
have you flown indonesian airliners recently or went to one of our airports?? so many (positive) changes have happened. not to mention the 200+ brandnew aircrafts (mostly jets) ordered by Garuda, Lion, Batavia and Mandala. some of these new aircrafts have arrived here and some of them will be here soon.
Old June 11th, 2009, 05:37 AM   #557
netaholics13
frequent visitor

sneak peak preview.... GA's new livery

painted first on their brand new A332
Old June 11th, 2009, 06:18 AM   #558
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by netaholics13 View Post
sneak peak preview.... GA's new livery

painted first on their brand new A332
CAN'T WAIT!!! the current Garuda Indonesia has a nice logo but the overall livery is dated.
Old June 11th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #559
agostinho

To be honest, I didn't know much about Garuda Airlines until they were included on the blacklisting just like Taag, and i begin to realize that our problems are the same. Our governemets are not working as hard as they must to solve these problems once and for all, because of their mentality, the corruption, but not because of lack of money, we have it, we just need to be serious and hard workers. Normally, the most airliners that go to the black list of E.U, go bankrupt after while but, it is not the case of ours because as you mentioned above, there must be profits in your airliner, new planes have been bought, even the safety regulations have been impoved. I can say the same towards Taag and it is already a good sign for both of us, even the E.U has recognized some development on the fulfilment of safety regulations, although a little slow. Let's hope that they get rid of this black list as soon as possible.

Last edited by agostinho; June 11th, 2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM   #560
netaholics13
frequent visitor

New Garuda font

Boeing 737-800NG with the new livery

Airbus A 330-200 painted with the new livery

Business class seats in the new A332

credit to Haristo

Tags