daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 26th, 2006, 05:12 AM   #41
paradyto
entendre privilege

New airline, Lorena air to start flying next April 2006 with six Boeing 737-800.

paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #42
F-ian

Likes (Received): 123

I love the Logo!
Old February 27th, 2006, 07:31 AM   #43
globocentric

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-80
PT AirAsia expands international route

By Ashwin Raman, 22 Feb 2006 6:22 PM

AirAsia Bhd's associate PT Indonesia AirAsia is expanding its international route offering by introducing daily flights between Medan - Penang and Surabaya - Kuala Lumpur starting March 10.

In a statement on Feb 22, it said the Penang “Medan sector was a well travelled route and was currently only operated by a five-hour 30 minutes ferry ride.

It said the introduction of Indonesia AirAsia flights for this sector with an approximate flying time of one hour and with fares from as low as RM9.99 would provide travelers with an affordable and alternate means of commuting conveniently between the two cities.

As for the Surabaya “ Kuala Lumpur route, fares would start from RM79.99 one way. Tickets for both routes can be purchased from Feb 13 to March 15 for travel from March 10 to Oct 28.

In addition, it said Indonesia AirAsia would commence domestic flights between Balikpapan and Surabaya as well as increasing frequency between Jakarta and Surabaya due to the recent addition of a fifth Boeing 737-300.

The airline presently operates three daily Jakarta “Surabaya flights, totaling 21 flights per week. The latest addition would boost frequencies between Jakarta and Surabaya to 28 flights, it said.

Indonesia AirAsia president Sendjaja Widjaja said the airline had progressed and grown since its inception in December 2004 and was now serving seven destinations from its hub in Jakarta. To date, the airline has carried more than 840,000 passengers.

I find it appaling that reporters are capable of making statements that are completely laugable. Medan - Penang is not only served by ferries. It is served by no less than 6 or 7 flights a day and at least 4 airlines.
globocentric no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 27th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #44
paradyto
entendre privilege

Airbus orders spank Boeing at Asian show

SINGAPORE – Airbus upstaged its archrival Boeing at Asia’s top air show Thursday, trumpeting new passenger jet orders worth up to $3.5 billion from India and Indonesia and another $1 billion deal with South Korea for building plane components.
Since Monday, Airbus has won aircraft orders worth as much as $6 billion, from three Asian carriers, while Boeing finalized one order that could earn it as much as $1.4 billion.

The Boeing Co. made no new major announcements Thursday at the Asian Aerospace show, which wraps up Sunday, but issued low-key statements on pacts with two aviation service centers in this region to repair and overhaul Boeing planes.

Airbus said Thursday that it received orders for a total of 40 A320 planes from two budget airlines, Indonesia’s Adam Air and India’s GoAir. The A320s have a list price of about $70 million each.

Adam Air wants 30 leased and purchased A320s to replace its aging fleet of Boeing 737s over the next five years, said Chief Operating Officer Dave Fikarno Laksono.

He said the European single-aisle, 180-seat jets have an edge over the 737s in lower fuel and maintenance costs.

GoAir placed a firm order for 10 A320s and took an option to buy 10 more. GoAir gave details of the deal in New Delhi late Wednesday, but Airbus’ formal announcement came Thursday in Singapore.

The orders “highlight the outstanding popularity that the A320 family has enjoyed with established and start-up low-cost carriers, including in the Asia-Pacific region,” said Airbus, which is based in Toulouse, France.

Airbus also signed agreements Thursday worth over $1 billion with state-run Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd. to extend their cooperation in developing new A350 planes and manufacturing components for A321 aircraft.

The A320 has clearly been the most popular plane this week, with Airbus finalizing a deal in New Delhi on Monday, the eve of the airshow, to sell 43 A320 and A319 jets to state-owned domestic carrier Indian for $2.5 billion.

Chicago-based Boeing’s only major deal this week came Tuesday, when Indian budget carrier Spicejet ordered 10 737 planes and took an option to order another 10.

The 737s also have a list price of about $70 million.

The contracts were encouraging news for plane makers, which reaped a bumper crop of orders in 2005 that is unlikely to be replicated this year, aviation analysts said Thursday.

“Last year’s boom in aircraft orders, which reached record levels, suggests that a cyclical bust is not far behind,” Peter Harbison, executive chairman of the Sydney-based Center for Asia Pacific Aviation, said in Singapore.

The aviation sector should consolidate “ahead of the challenges likely in 2007 as fleet deliveries escalate, new products enter the market and pressures intensify on manpower costs, competition, capacity and yields,” Harbison added.

More than 930 exhibitors from 43 countries are at this year’s Asian Aerospace, which was expected to pull more than 27,000 trade representatives.
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #45
paradyto
entendre privilege

Quote:
Originally Posted by indonesia1 View Post
Hi, New Comer here.. my name is Putra Astarto
trying to post images of soekarno Hatta Airport...

This is the South Part, or Domestic Terminals and Runway 25L/07R

Center

WHole

Thanks

Putra Astarto

Looks unique
Old November 28th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #46
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradyto View Post
New airline, Lorena air to start flying next April 2006 with six Boeing 737-800.

Yes!!! Good to see some brand new 737's flying around Indonesia.
FM 2258 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2006, 10:00 AM   #47
paradyto
entendre privilege

Low Cost Airline of the Year 2006..................

ADAM AIR

3rd Annual Asia Pasific & Middle East Aviation Outlook Summit in Singapore, November 10-11, 2006.

Old November 28th, 2006, 02:27 PM   #48
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
I find it appaling that reporters are capable of making statements that are completely laugable. Medan - Penang is not only served by ferries. It is served by no less than 6 or 7 flights a day and at least 4 airlines.
Yeah, you're right, even China Airlines used to serve that route, so its pretty much busy route.

cheers
Old November 29th, 2006, 02:25 PM   #49
paw25694
Batik

Likes (Received): 36

i think awair's livery is looked like cathay pacific.. but awair has sold to air asia... and what is galley (explain me in bahasa..hehe )?
paw25694 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 11:28 AM   #50
paw25694
Batik

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradyto View Post

next april? now is november! and tomorrow will december!
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:33 AM   #51
Serm

Likes (Received): 0

Indonesian Airport looks more interesting and unique to me! This is fit to Indonesian's evironoment in suburban!! I do not see any train transport to the airport from capital... When will the airport have link transportation (train, subway or high speed railway) to Jarkata??
Serm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:56 PM   #52
UMD

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serm View Post
Indonesian Airport looks more interesting and unique to me! This is fit to Indonesian's evironoment in suburban!! I do not see any train transport to the airport from capital... When will the airport have link transportation (train, subway or high speed railway) to Jarkata??
The Jakarta's Soekarno-Hatta International airport was designed by Paul Andeu. It was a very zen airport however it was lacking in the upkeeping for many years until this past year where a lot of renovation works have started again. The departure area (especially the D and E councorses in the International section) remain very peaceful and zen.
UMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 02:43 PM   #53
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serm View Post
hopefully by 2008, the construction of railway network will be finished

here is the latest news about the planning construction.

At least 10 companies eying up $100 million airport-rail project
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

At least 10 local and overseas firms have expressed interest in participating in the construction of the Rp 900 billion (about US$100 million) rail link between Manggarai in East Jakarta and Soekarno-Hatta International Airport,

Masjraul Hidayat, president director of PT RailLink, which will operate the airport line, said Wednesday in Jakarta that at least 10 companies had so far submitted proposals.

"We've received so many expressions of interest. At least 10 investors have submitted proposals for this project since it was officially put on the table at the Indonesian Infrastructure 2006 expo early last month," he was quoted as saying by Bisnis Indonesia on Thursday.

Masjraul said that some of the investors were interested in providing financing and taking a stake in the project, while others wanted to work as contractors on the construction of the line.

He said that so far, most of the would-be investors came from the banking and construction sectors, including Bank International Indonesia (BII), Bank Rakyat Indonesia (BRI) and the Bukaka Group, a diversified construction and engineering contractor.

RailLink is currently studying the financing schemes proposed by the 10 companies. Further proposals from other interested investors will be accepted for the next two weeks, Masjraul said.

"We believe that many investors will be interested in this project as some 30 million passengers travel through Soekarno-Hatta every year. So this project clearly offers a major opportunity," he said.

RailLink is a joint venture between PT Kereta Api (KA), with a 60 percent stake, and PT Angkasa Pura II, with a 40 percent stake. The company will also develop airport rail links in Medan, Palembang, Yogyakarta and Surabaya.

Masjraul said that the airport train stations would be developed as major commercial and shopping centers, as was normal at major airports overseas.

The government is prioritizing the construction of the Soekarno-Hatta rail link for 2007, with the first trains expected to start running in 2008, or early 2009 at the latest.

The Transportation Ministry's director general of railways, Soemino Eko Saputro, has said that the government will leave it up to PT KA and PT Angkasa Pura II to make a final selection as regards the project investors. (01)
Old December 2nd, 2006, 05:33 PM   #54
paradyto
entendre privilege

Thanx David for the news
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:35 PM   #55
netsurfe
Grounded User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-80 View Post
Yeah, you're right, even China Airlines used to serve that route, so its pretty much busy route.

cheers
Well, busy doesnt always mean high yield.
in the case of medan-penang, i dont think it's high yield, as most of the flights are one-class flights. business class (i believe) almost always empty, or sold at heavily discounted fares.

yes, there are many people flying this route. but are they willing to pay high fares? don't think so.

They are just not business people, who have to fly, no matter the price.
They fly if they can get rock bottom fares, otherwise they just don't.
Often you can get a roundtrip plus 3 nights 4* hotel in penang for just over 150 USD.

just my 2 cents
netsurfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 12:11 AM   #56
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

lol, i wasnt talking about the yield, i was summarized the reporters fault of making a statement that there is no flight other than he mentioned in Medan - Penang sector. But i agree with your opinion, its not only in Medan Penang routes though, almost all sectors in our domestic routes are not offering high yield. Even on international side, thats why Garuda closed AMS-CGK route because its market strategy, you buy one get one free which has offered really low yield eventhough the passengers were almost full in daily basis.

cheers
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:45 AM   #57
paradyto
entendre privilege

Bali's Air Paradise to Fly Again in March 2007
Airline's Director Says Service to Resume to Australia, Korea and Japan with Domestic Connections to Jakarta and Surabaya.

(11/19/2006) The Indonesian language Bali Post reported last week that plans are afoot to re-launch Air Paradise (API) in March 2007.

Closing abruptly in November 2005, just one month after the second Bali terrorist bombing, API's departure left numerous passengers temporarily stranded in Bali and a multitude of advance ticket purchasers holding worthless tickets.

Speaking to the Bali Post,, an API Director, Putu Oka Semadi, said that a number of facts supported the decision to restart the grounded carrier. First, according to Semadi, there is a moral responsibility that API has to Bali's tourism industry. Second, the continuing high demand for Bali as an international travel destination. And, thirdly, the financial circumstances of the Airline are now conducive to a re-launch. Semadi said that API "still exists" and that permits and licenses to operate the carrier remain valid with weekly reports being filed by API to the Director General of Civil Aviation.

Still Looking for Investors

Despite the decision to move ahead with a restart of API operations, Semadi said that the Airline was open to participation by others, particularly Bali businessmen who may wish to invest. Explained Semadi: "We will not be able to expand Air Paradise alone. We need moral and financial support to permit Air Paradise to truly become the property of the Balinese people."

The Airline's Director told the press that travel wholesalers in Australia, Japan and Korea have been very enthusiastic at the news of API's rebirth.

Indicating that the Airline would be operating wide-body Boeing aircraft, Semadi said that API plans to also establish a domestic network with flights to Surabaya and Jakarta.

No details have been released at this time by the Airline on plans, if any, to reimburse former passengers left holding zero-value tickets.
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #58
UMD

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfe View Post
Well, busy doesnt always mean high yield.
in the case of medan-penang, i dont think it's high yield, as most of the flights are one-class flights. business class (i believe) almost always empty, or sold at heavily discounted fares.

yes, there are many people flying this route. but are they willing to pay high fares? don't think so.

They are just not business people, who have to fly, no matter the price.
They fly if they can get rock bottom fares, otherwise they just don't.
Often you can get a roundtrip plus 3 nights 4* hotel in penang for just over 150 USD.

just my 2 cents

But remember also that the flight is only about 30 mins. I don't think you can generate high yield in such a short flight. I was once on MH flight to Penang. I didn't even get served the cup cake that the stewardess passed around. The stewardess needed to go back to the landing station before she even got to my row.
UMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:17 AM   #59
paradyto
entendre privilege

Adam Air Route

Old December 30th, 2006, 08:32 AM   #60
paw25694
Batik

adam air has a cheerful livery..