daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2010, 03:05 PM   #1001
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

Hows GA doing in MEL on their MEL>CGK (3w) & MEL>DPS (4w) flights? Is there a possibility that they would increase MEL>CGK to daily? I know there are alot of Indonesian expax living in MEL.

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #1002
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
Hows GA doing in MEL on their MEL>CGK (3w) & MEL>DPS (4w) flights? Is there a possibility that they would increase MEL>CGK to daily? I know there are alot of Indonesian expax living in MEL.
Apparently they are doing ok i guess. btw does MH now stopping MEL-CGK? i couldnt find anymore flight from that route at MH's website

btw I dont know if there is any news regarding frequencies upgrades on that route.

cheers
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:48 PM   #1003
Sizter85
Classy with Phan

Likes (Received): 709

It's currently was suspended.. changed KUL-MEL directly..

Quote:
but I don't know if PAL codeshares with Garuda on that route.
I talk about it

From B A L I K P A P A N with Love ♥,-
Sizter85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #1004
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-80 View Post
Apparently they are doing ok i guess. btw does MH now stopping MEL-CGK? i couldnt find anymore flight from that route at MH's website

btw I dont know if there is any news regarding frequencies upgrades on that route.

cheers
MH has stopped the MEL>CGK>KUL flights and now run them direct MEL>KUL, I think it was because Air Asia entered the market, but with EK entering MEL>KUL they felt pressured and went direct again, it only ran for about 3 months. MH currently runs MEL>KUL x2 Daily.
Old August 19th, 2010, 03:30 AM   #1005
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Garuda goes to the geishas with direct Jakarta-Tokyo flights

Wednesday, 18 August 2010

Travellers will soon be able to travel Garuda Indonesia direct to 'the Land of the Rising Sun' from Jakarta as the airline announced direct flights from Jakarta-Tokyo-Jakarta effective 31 August 2010.

"The new direct flights are part of our route expansion and a response to the growing demands, mostly from businessmen," Garuda spokesman Pujobroto said as quoted by Antara news agency.

Garuda Indonesia President Emirsyah Satar "dedicated" the direct service "to passengers who are travelling on business to and from [Indonesia and Japan]" thanks to the growing trade relations between the two countries.

In a move that will further streamline the travel experience for Garuda Indonesia's business and leisure travellers alike, passengers on the Airbus 330-200 from Japan can benefit from Garuda International's 'Immigration on-Board' which sees 'Visas On Arrival' issued to passengers in flight.
Garuda Indonesia currently flies from Denpasar to Tokyo daily, Nagoya three times a week and to Osaka five times a week.

source http://www.etravelblackboardasia.com...=70024&nav=109

cheers
Old August 19th, 2010, 07:50 AM   #1006
ianers_ianized
Bad.Bold.Brazen

Likes (Received): 71

would that be a daily flight also?

Sometimes you just have to forget the rules, follow your heart and see where it takes you...
Never apologize for saying what you feel because that's like saying sorry for being real...
Never regret anything you said or did because at some point, it was what you wanted...
True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
ianers_ianized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #1007
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianers_ianized View Post
would that be a daily flight also?
I assumed, yes, since i couldn't find an article mentioning whether the flight would be daily or weekly. Even on their website too, but reading between the lines, i think its daily

http://www.garuda-indonesia.com/news...-tokyo-jakarta

cheers
Old August 20th, 2010, 06:42 AM   #1008
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Likes (Received): 166

Quote:
Originally Posted by David-80 View Post
I assumed, yes, since i couldn't find an article mentioning whether the flight would be daily or weekly. Even on their website too, but reading between the lines, i think its daily

http://www.garuda-indonesia.com/news...-tokyo-jakarta

cheers
it's a daily flight, I read it somewhere on Garuda in-flight magazine
netaholics13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:13 AM   #1009
greatstyo

Likes (Received): 40

Boeing 737-800 PK-GML @SUB

My Travel Blog

*Sedang malas baca cerpen*
greatstyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 06:15 AM   #1010
greatstyo

Batavia Air new livery

My Travel Blog

Old September 2nd, 2010, 02:03 PM   #1011
paradyto
entendre privilege

Garuda promotes Ambon tourism enchantment
Thursday, September 2, 2010 15:28 WIB | Economic & Business

Ambon, Maluku (ANTARA News) - The National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia promotes eastern Indonesian city of Ambon in its cabin magazine of June 2010 edition.

Garuda Ambon branch manager Hendra Sumarno said here on Thursday that Garuda magazine contains photos and data about tourism in the island city of Ambon.

He said the cover of the magazine displays Ambon`s marine tourism enchantment with "Oh, the Beauty of Ambon Manise" on it.

The magazine is made available on every seat of Garuda aircraft of both domestic and overseas destinations.

"Garuda magazine promoting Ambon tourism is bilingual, Indonesian and English, in an effort to facilitate English speaking passengers to know more about Ambon with its hospitable people," Hendra said.

He said the magazine also displays photos of and data of Ambon marine tourism, Waisalaka egg-eating giant eels at Waai village, Amsterdam fort, old mosques and churches, as well as typical Pantai Natsepa fruit salad of Suli village.

"We are part of Ambon tourism component and therefore, since resuming its route to Pattimura airport in June this year Garuda Indonesia has been trying to make local government program in tourism sector here a success," Hendra said.

On June 3, 2010 Garuda reopened its Jakarta-Ambon route with a stopover in Makassar, South Sulawesi.

The Jakarta-Makassar-Ambon route was served with aircraft having a capacity of 14 to 16 business-class seats and 120 economy-class seats.

In cooperation with the Maluku Culture and Tourism Office, Garuda is scheduled to realize Ambon-Amsterdam route by making use of "Family Trip" program on October 17, 2010.

"The most important thing is the public awareness to maintain the natural beauty of Ambon and its supporting facility to make foreign tourists feel at home," Hendra said.
(Uu.O001/F001/P003)
paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1012
KelvinatorNL
White Widow Blunt

Likes (Received): 7

Regional airports gear up for expansion as traffic surges
The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Fri, 09/03/2010 9:51 AM | Business A | A | A |
This is the second part in a series on problems and opportunities for Indonesian airports.
Businessman Ali Imron said it used to take him at least eight hours to get to Lampung province (overland) from his base in the metropolitan town of Tangerang, Banten province.

However, thanks to reductions in the cost of air travel he has been able to take the plane for this journey since several years ago. Traveling by air is much quicker, so Ali can spend more time tending to his business.

“The same journey takes me only 40 minutes by plane. This saves my time and improves my business productivity,” the busy businessman told The Jakarta Post.

The reduction in Ali’s travel time is also a result of the development of Radin Inten II International Airport, Lampung’s main air gateway. The development project began several years ago, and as result, the airport upgraded its status to officially become an international airport on Dec. 28, 2008.

Radin Inten II has a 2.5-kilometer-long, 45-meter-wide runway that meets international standards. By next year, the government will extend the runway to 3,500 meters long and 60 meters wide.

The expansion of the airport also aims at supporting tourism in the province, as well as improving services for people going on pilgrimages to Mecca.

“Until now pilgrims have had to go to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Banten province to fly to Mecca. The development of Radin Inten II airport will allow haj pilgrims to fly to Mecca directly from Lampung, making the haj pilgrimage journey faster,” Lampung Governor Sjachroedin Z.P. said.

A rapid development of airports has also been seen in other regions. In Makassar, South Sulawesi, the government has extended the runways of Sultan Hasanuddin International Airport to 3.1 kilometers, to accommodate large aircraft such as the Boeing 747, improving accessibility to the city recognized as the gateway eastern Indonesia.

Makassar is the largest city in eastern Indonesia. The extension allows the airport to accommodate up to 143 flights, carrying up to 14,140 passengers, a day.

The government — through state run airport operator PT Angkasa Pura I — has also expanded the capacity of the Makassar airport terminal to 52,000 square meters, allowing it to accommodate a whopping 7 million passengers a year.

The expansion was undertaken to cope with the growing number of passengers using air transportation services, said Kintoron, a spokesman for PT Angkasa Pura I.

“In 2003, there were 2.5 million passengers [using Sultan Hasanuddin airport], but last year this figure doubled to reach 5.1 million passengers,” he told The Jakarta Post.

In Palembang, the government plans next year to expand the capacity of Sultan Mahmud Badaruddin II Airport terminal to 34,000 square meters, from 23,000 square meters at present.

In fact, the government had planned to expand the terminal several years ago, and the project has only recently been accelerated on the grounds that the airport will be busy receiving regional athletes set to participate in the 2011 Southeast Asia Games (SEA Games), to be hosted by South Sumatra next year.

The airport, which was built in 2005, could originally accommodate up to 2 million passengers a year. However, after it is expanded, the airport will be able to serve around 4 million passengers a year.

“The expansion project will cost the state Rp 150 billion,” said Yon Sugiyono, the general manager of the Palembang branch of PT Angkasa Pura II. The airport, situated in Sukarame, around 10 kilometers from the heart of Palembang, will be redeveloped so it can accommodate larger aircraft such as the Airbus A330 and Boeing 747.

The government is also working on the construction of a new airport in Deli Serdang regency, to replace the Polonia Airport, near Medan, the capital of North Sumatra. The project, Kuala Namu International Airport, is expected to be completed this year. The new airport, which features a 3,750-meter runway and 33 aircraft parking bays for passenger jets including as the Airbus A330, will be able to accommodate up to 8 million passengers a year.

Many airports, especially those situated outside Java Island are poorly managed. Kusniar, who often flies back and forth between Jakarta and Palu, Central Sulawesi, said she no longer used the toilets at Mutiara airport in Palu, because they were dirty and smelled bad.

“I went to those toilets once, and have never been back,” Kusniar said.

At Hasanuddin airport in Makassar, one traveller complained about signage and banking facilties.

“The airport management should put up more directional signs so passengers can find their baggage more easily. They should also improve public banking facilities, for example by adding more ATMs across the airport,” businessman Andi Tenri Gappa said.

Meanwhile, in Ambon, the capital of Maluku province, people complained about the high cost of public transportation to and from the airport.

“It’s just too expensive,” said Saswati Matakena, an Ambon resident who often flies between Ambon and other cities in Indonesia. For example, renting a car to get from the airport to the heart of the city, only 38 kilometers away, could cost from Rp 150,000 to 200,000 per trip. In fact, there are many taxis operating at the airport — both legal and illegal — but they often refuse to use their meters at the expense of customers, she said.

— Khairul Saleh in Palembang, Apriadi Gunawan in Medan, Oyos Saroso in Bandarlampung, Suherjoko in Semarang, Andi Hajramurni in Makassar, Azis Tunny in Ambon and Ruslan Sangadji in Palu contributed to this report, compiled by The Jakarta Post staff writer A’an Suryana
KelvinatorNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1013
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Likes (Received): 166

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...t-in-amsterdam

Garuda plane hit by a truck at the Schippol's Airport

A Garuda Indonesia aircraft that is ready to take off, hit by a truck groundhandling at Schippol Airport, Amsterdam, Netherlands, Thursday (2 / 9). As a result, the plane headed for Jakarta failed to take off due to heavy damage

Garuda Indonesia VP Corporate Communication, Pujobroto, the truck hit the plane when it was raised trunk. "Its occurrence at the time were loading the truck, the cargo door was hit until broken. The status severely damaged and it took three to four days to fix it," he said in Jakarta, Saturday (4 / 9).

The collision caused a hole of 30 cm in the fuselage A330-200 is. As a result, the aircraft with flight number GA 809 declared unfit to fly. The aircraft is scheduled to go to Jakarta via Dubai at 11:00 local time Friday.

As a result of the incident, some passengers were transferred to other airlines such as KLM. While others are forced to stay in the Netherlands.
netaholics13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2010, 07:41 PM   #1014
Sizter85
Classy with Phan

Garuda in line to be next SkyTeam partner

Garuda Indonesia is likely to be the next airline after Taiwan's China Airlines to formally apply to join the SkyTeam alliance.

The company plans to hold an event in November in Jakarta for the signing ceremony, say industry sources.

It will be the first carrier from the country to join an alliance, and it comes after several months of negotitions beyween the carrier and SkyTeam.

Leo van Wijk, chairman of SkyTeam's board, says that, as negotiations are ongoing, he is would not be able to say much about the carrier's potential membership. "We are still in discussions and unable specify a timeframe for Garuda," he adds.

Garuda has been planning to join SkyTeam and have an initial public offering as part of its plans to grow its network and fleet over the next few years.

By Siva Govindasamy

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...m-partner.html

Old September 20th, 2010, 07:21 PM   #1015
greatstyo

Lion Air Boeing 737-900ER PK-LFV

Lion Air Boeing 737-900ER PK-LFV

Lion Air Boeing 737-900ER PK-LFS

My Travel Blog

Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:50 PM   #1016
greatstyo

Wings Air ATR 72-500 PK-WFI

My Travel Blog

Old September 26th, 2010, 02:50 PM   #1017
Sizter85
Classy with Phan

The Story Behind The New Garuda Indonesia Uniform [Subtittle]

Old September 28th, 2010, 09:18 AM   #1018
ianers_ianized
Bad.Bold.Brazen

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizter85 View Post
Very nice story behind the new uniforms of GA. I love the new uniforms.

Sometimes you just have to forget the rules, follow your heart and see where it takes you...
Never apologize for saying what you feel because that's like saying sorry for being real...
Never regret anything you said or did because at some point, it was what you wanted...
True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
ianers_ianized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #1019
UMD

Likes (Received): 801

Quote:
Originally Posted by soorox View Post
CGK-MEL-CGK direct will be upgraded to A330-300 for the Northern Winter season but the frequency will be reduced to only 2x per week. The DPS-MEL-DPS will remain unchanged at 4x per week.

Instead, CGK-SYD-CGK will go daily as of Dec 20, 2010 and will be continued to be served by A330-200. Garuda is expected to get additoinal A330-200 before the year end and another one sometimes early 2011.

The latest news is that B777-300ER will come before the end of March of 2011.
UMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:37 AM   #1020
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Indonesia's Sriwijaya to purchase 10 737s
By Ghim-Lay Yeo

Indonesia's Sriwijaya Air plans to sign a purchase agreement next week for 10 Boeing 737-800s, as it seeks to launch more international services.

The Jakarta-based carrier will ink the deal with Boeing in Seattle next week, and the aircraft will be delivered from 2015, says an airline spokeswoman.

"But we are in negotiations with Boeing to see if the deliveries can be brought forward to 2013 as we really need them to begin more flights," she adds.

Sriwijaya serves mostly domestic destinations and operates flights to Singapore and Malaysia's Penang island, and wants to expand its international network.

"We are looking at Australian cities, and will likely begin flights to Perth," says the spokeswoman. The carrier is also considering flying to Vietnam and Cambodia and Chinese cities like Hangzhou.

Sriwijaya has a fleet of 27 737s, but the upcoming deal with add its first 737-800, It is also looking to add 60 smaller aircraft to its fleet for domestic operations.

"We are in discussions with Embraer and ATR and other manufacturers, and we hope to get these aircraft at the same time as the 737s," says the spokeswoman.

Source http://www.flightglobal.com/articles...e-10-737s.html

Cheers

Tags
indonesia, skyteam, southeast asian airlines