daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2011, 07:03 AM   #1081
jeppy123

Likes (Received): 22

Is that the final design of the new terminal? Awesome! The designer was able to combine Modern minimalist design with a bit Balinese architecture sense. However I hope that the addition of Balinese architecture doesn't decrease the effectiveness and efficiency of the terminal..

Great! looking forward for the progress of this terminal. I hope the construction is really completed by May 2013.
jeppy123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2011, 01:08 PM   #1082
india_fox

Likes (Received): 0

2010 masuk 23 B738 part of 50 totally plus one B332
2011 masuk lagi 9 B738 also part of 50 apakah tambahan 2 A332 bagian dari mou pembelian tahun 2010 atau cuma lease lagi???
india_fox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:37 PM   #1083
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18133

Garuda IPO Aims High
17 January 2011
The Wall Street Journal

The risk, and opportunity, inherent in Garuda Indonesia's coming initial public offering is summed up neatly by an award the carrier received last year: World's Most Improved Airline.

The road show hits New York on Friday, and Boston and London before that. Garuda's hoping to sell nearly 37% of itself for as much as $1.1 billion. At that price, this would be Indonesia's biggest IPO since mid-2008.

Investors will hear about the successful turnaround of a money-losing, heavily indebted carrier with a poor reputation for safety. Now in turning a profit, Garuda flies a younger fleet, and finished restructuring its debt in December. That most improved award, meanwhile, comes from Skytrax and speaks to quality of service.

It began flying to Europe last summer. Over safety concerns, it had been banned from the continent—along with the rest of Indonesia's airlines—from 2007 to 2009.

Garuda's pitch is that the transformation has it optimally placed to profit from Indonesia's rapid growth. It will use the proceeds mostly to expand its fleet in order to do this.

The number of domestic passengers in Indonesia will grow 60% by 2015, the Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation says. The market for international travel could more than double in the same period as tourists flow in and increasingly wealthy Indonesians begin to travel abroad.

Smartly, management has made the domestic market a priority. Building that base will give it a better shot against deep-pocketed rivals like Singapore Airlines once it begins to compete for long-distance travellers. Singapore and its regional arm Silk Air already hold 12% of Indonesia's international market, by capacity, CAPA says. That's not far off Garuda's leading 15% share.

But for all this, investors are being asked to pay a high price. Assuming Garuda hits its forecast 2010 profit of about $127 million, the deal's current price range of 750 rupiah to 1100 rupiah means the stock could go for between 16.4 and 24 times 2010 earnings. This is high by the standards of regional carriers, which are trading from 10 to 13 times earnings.

Paying some premium won't faze investors who are eager for exposure to Indonesia's consumers. But this bet is also dependent on Indonesia's ability to develop airport infrastructure, and management's ability to expand quickly without losing a grip on quality or safety: In November, a glitch in Garuda's new technology system had it cancelling and delaying flights for nearly a week.

Garuda may one day become an icon of Indonesia's economic success, but not without some turbulence.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 01:28 AM   #1084
paradyto
entendre privilege

An exciting IPO prospect for Garuda
Cyrillus Harinowo Hadiwerdoyo, Jakarta | Mon, 01/17/2011 11:08 AM

I was surprised when I boarded the Garuda flight from Melbourne to Denpasar. The plane was full both in business and economy classes.

What surprised me even more was almost all the passengers were Australian. I became a minority in my own flagship airline. During that flight, for the first time I experienced the excellent service made by Garuda.

All the crew was sympathetic and stood ready to help passengers with any need such as a can of Coca Cola or, many passengers did ask for cans of Bintang beer.

The ambiance was really joyous with many passengers acting as if the flight was a party. Each with a can of Bintang in their hands. I noticed those passengers were already like a community.

I flew with Garuda again from Sydney to Denpasar a few months later. On that trip I found the ground crew was very helpful and in fact relieved me from the burden of excess baggage, which eased my headache. I still found the service excellent.

Garuda was able to maintain consistency in providing an excellent service during its flights. I noticed that the maintenance of service became standard for Garuda. I enjoyed riding the first Boeing 737-800 on my flight to Surabaya and was served with luxury with a blanket once the cabin became cold. (In those days I hardly ever saw blankets provided for domestic flights).

Later, I enjoyed the personal video service on the flight to Singapore using the same aircraft. In fact, I felt rich on that flight since everything was served perfectly, even in economy class.

Since then, I monitored this airline very closely and most of the time compared with what they do with rival airlines. One of the interesting comparisons were my flights to London and Tokyo.

I flew to London on a first-class ticket with Malaysian Airlines and flew to Tokyo from Jakarta with Garuda business class.

To London I paid a Malaysian Airlines US$6,000 roundtrip while to Tokyo I paid Garuda less than $2,000 for the business-class ticket return.

I chose Malaysian Airlines to London because its price was much lower than Singapore Airlines, which charged people $15,000 on Airbus 380 or $12,000 on a regular flight. Both are for the first-class tickets.

My experience with Malaysian Airlines, which flew a quite old Boeing 747-400 was not too extraordinary. Very rare the cabin attendants visited me and looked after my needs.

Therefore, I had to ring a bell many times to call them. In fact, I also had to ask for a bottle of mineral water during that flight.

On the other hand, the service of Garuda was much more extraordinary. On that route, Garuda flies the new Airbus 330-200 with flat bed seats for business class. What is more exciting is that the crew knew what I needed.

Even when I woke up from dozing off I found not one but two bottles of mineral water by my seat. They served a delicious breakfast before arriving.

The crew went around regularly to attend the needs of the customers. All in all, the service that I experienced with Garuda was really memorable.

I wrote of this experience in a story with the title “To Tokyo with the best Airline in Asia”. This is so because from the survey in 2010 by Australian-based Center of the Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA), Garuda scored the best, in fact better than even Singapore Airlines in all aspects of the survey.

All these excellent experiences show a premium quality of the service of the airline. However, the basic feature of the company was improved much earlier. The timeliness of the flights have become a norm these days. Even a delay of 15 minutes triggers a request of an apology from the pilots.

Meanwhile the rejuvenation of the fleet has been moving quite far. Nowadays, the age of Garuda’s aircraft has become much younger, no less than even Singapore Airlines. With the arrival of new Boeing 737-800s, Airbus 330-200s and even Boeing 777 ERs, Garuda will continue to maintain increasingly younger fleet. Therefore it can be expected that the safety culture of the airlines will similarly ingrain in the mind of the employees.

With all these characteristics being built, Garuda has firmly established itself not just as a full serviced airlines but as a premium airlines. I am sure that the strategy works well, especially at the time when the size of the Indonesian middle class is growing at a rapid rate.

According to the Asian Development Bank, the number constituting the Indonesian middle class (measured with the income of between $2 to $20 per day) has reached 106 million people.

At the same time, the number of affluent people has reached more than 30 million people, larger than the entire Malaysian population. With the right targeting, Garuda will enjoy most of the benefits of the larger middle-class and affluent population.

Currently we have seen the beginning of the “harvest season”. The business lounge of Garuda grows larger and larger to accomodate more business class passengers. The queue at the check-in counter also keeps growing and is a testimony of how successful the airline is.

It is no wonder that the management has the courage to forecast a much brighter outlook several years down the road with the number of passengers increasing. I would not be surprised if the number of passengers double in less than five years’ time.

With all these experiences, I feel excited with the prospect of Garuda going public. The preparation that the management has made in the last few years will certainly pay off on this IPO.

In terms of timing, from the internal point of view, Garuda has just received a title of the most improved airline from Skytrax. At the same time, as mentioned earlier, CAPA nominated Garuda as the best airline in Asia.

All these achievements will at the end enhance the visibility of the airline in the eyes of global investors.

Financially, Garuda has made a miracoulous turn-around. From a money-losing business, in the last three years Garuda has booked increasing profits year after year.

In fact, the legacy of debt form the previous management has been gradually brought down. From more than $800 million a few years back, now Garuda’s indebtedness to ECA is just $240 million. With this IPO, the ratio of debt to equity will decline so that the capital structure of the airlines will be improved significantly.

The IPO will also bring transparency to the airline so that the conduct of corporate governance will experience much improvement. The current management has shown an exemplary performance so that with the IPO the culture of good corporate governance will cascade down to all levels of management. With that we can expect further improvement in its efficiency.

Meanwhile, the capital market has been condusive to an IPO. Even though last week there was a major correction in the stock market, fundamentally the market continues to be bullish.

Global investors are hungry for prospective investments. And Garuda is certainly not the kind of company that they will miss.

With that kind of environment we expect that the government and the management will allow the IPO to proceed smoothly. With that, the Indonesian stock market will acquire one more blue chip company in their exchange.

With all these characteristics being built, Garuda has firmly established itself not just as a full serviced airlines but as a premium airlines.

source: http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2...ct-garuda.html
paradyto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2011, 02:49 PM   #1085
ianers_ianized
Bad.Bold.Brazen

Likes (Received): 71

This is a good news! i'm longing to see again the beautiful livery of GA in MNL. I do hope this will materialize.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradyto View Post
Garuda to buy 11 new planes this year
Friday, January 14, 2011 05:02 WIB | Economic & Business

Surabaya, E Java (ANTARA News) - National flag carrier Garuda Indonesia plans to buy 11 new planes this year with the first delivery expected in February or March.

The planes consisted of nine Boeing 737-800s and two Airbus 330-200s, Garuda Indonesia Technical Director Hadinoto Soedigno said here on Thursday.

The nine Boeing 737-800s would be delivered in stages starting February or March, and the two Airbus 330-200s would be delivered in April and October, he said on the sidelines of a roadshow for the airline`s initial public offering.

Garuda put orders for the 11 planes two years ago, he said.

He said Garuda which currently has a fleet of 87 planes expects to operate 130-150 planes in the next five years.

With the targeted fleet of 130-150 planes in 2015, Garuda would buy a minimum of 10 planes in each of the next five years, he said.

Garuda is expected to list its shares with the Indonesia Stock Exchange on February 11. The company`s chief financial officer Elisa Lumbantoruan said on Wednesday about 80 percent of the proceeds of the IPO would be spent on expanding the airline`s fleet and 20 percent to finance its capital expenditure.

Hadinoto said Garuda would operate its Boeing planes to serve its domestic flights such as Jakarta-Gorontalo via Surabaya and Makassar, Surabaya-Balikpapan, and Surabaya-Ampenan.

Meanwhile, the Airbus planes would be used to serve its regional routes which would be opened soon, including Jakarta-Manila and Jakarta-Taiwan, he said. (*)

Sometimes you just have to forget the rules, follow your heart and see where it takes you...
Never apologize for saying what you feel because that's like saying sorry for being real...
Never regret anything you said or did because at some point, it was what you wanted...
True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
ianers_ianized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1086
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Garuda Indonesia IPO to raise $526 mln, retail may lift debut

JAKARTA, Jan 26 (Reuters) - National carrier PT Garuda Indonesia's initial public offering will raise $526 million, less than half the $1.1 billion targeted, though local investors see it attracting strong retail demand on its February debut.

Foreign investors were put off by pricing that valued Garuda far higher than regional peers, after the government intervened to push the initial range higher, and underlines reduced bullishness on Indonesian assets after a sell-off this month.

The government set the offer at 750 rupiah per share, the bottom of the 750-1,100 rupiah initial range, and reduced the offer to 6.3 billion shares from initial expectations for 9.362 billion, Pandu Djajanto, a deputy for privatisation at the state enterprises ministry, told Reuters.

Several institutional investors briefed by Garuda during a global roadshow found the pricing too rich, though some local instutitional investors said they still expected good retail demand to ensure a positive debut.

"I think at this price Garuda's stock will become a darling on its debut as local investors are very keen to get it," said Pardomuan Sihombing, head of research at PT Recapital Securities in Jakarta.

Foreign investors attracted to Indonesia's booming economy are wary of state interference and poor corporate governance in a country where some of the biggest enterprises are owned by the government, giving them big advantages over private firms.

Garuda's IPO has already involved the highest levels of power, with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono and his top advisers consulted when airline and privatisation officials went against the advice of the book valuers' suggested range of 560-850 rupiah, sources close to the deal said.

Local underwriters were then left confused after state enterprise minister Mustafa Abubakar told a press conference on Wednesday that the offer would be only 5.735 billion shares, only for Djajanto to later confirm it was 6.3 billion to include a full sale of a 10.9 percent stake owned by state lender Bank Mandiri .

Garuda's IPO price reflects 7.4 times its Enterprise Value (EV) to EBITDA, which is higher than regional peers such as Singapore Airlines with an EV to EBITDA at 4.8 times, and Thai Airways at 4.9 times, according to data from Thomson Reuters' Starmine.

The government may have moved to lift the price range after being accused by some critics of selling off assets cheaply last year when the IPO for Krakatau Steel was heavily oversubscribed after being priced at the bottom of the range.

Abubakar said the Garuda IPO was fully covered.

"We will participate as we expect some upside from locals, and retail buying will also be strong during its debut," said a Jakarta-based fund manager, who declined to be identified as he is not authorized to speak to the public.

The offering comes as Jakarta stocks have dipped 7 percent this year on fears the central bank is behind the curve in tackling inflation and as investors take profits from last year's 46 percent rally.

Garuda's IPO is the first of a slew of state enterprises due for flotation this year and will also be closely watched by flag carrier Vietnam Airlines, which is planning to go public this year. Garuda's IPO raised less than Philippine budget carrier Cebu Air's $538 million in October last year.

"After building up investors' appetite for its IPO, it's disappointing to see Garuda falter at this critical stage," said Shukor Yusof, analyst for S&P based in Singapore.

"If the airline fails to get sufficient funds then its refleeting programme could be in jeopardy...This could all have been avoided if Garuda and those behind its planned listing had been more realistic about the airline's prospects." ($1 = 9036.5 Rupiah)

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old January 27th, 2011, 12:46 PM   #1087
Sizter85
Classy with Phan

Likes (Received): 709

Garuda back to operates their old-livery in domestic routes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolak View Post
keliatannya bener siz...

spotted !!!
Garuda 737-800 PK-GFM @ Ngurah Rai Int'l airport Bali. January, 27'11

From B A L I K P A P A N with Love ♥,-

Last edited by Sizter85; January 27th, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Sizter85 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1088
alejandro DS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 618

Very classic indeed!!!... Beautiful color scheme!!!
alejandro DS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #1089
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/501/5011786.html

Old January 30th, 2011, 02:06 AM   #1090
paradyto
entendre privilege

Old Livery, but nice
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:06 PM   #1091
Vrooms
threeyearson.

Likes (Received): 1641

GARUDA INDONESIA(PK-GPA) at Nagoya Chūbu
image hosted on flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5218/...26d95f97_b.jpg
Old January 30th, 2011, 05:48 PM   #1092
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Iranian national arrested for drug smuggling
28 January 2011
The Jakarta Post

TANGERANG: Customs and excise officers at Soekarno-Hatta International Airport arrested an Iranian national for trying to smuggle 1.5 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine worth Rp 2.2 billion (US$ 243,800).

Customs office head Iyan Rubianto said Thursday that the 43-year-old suspect, a wrestling coach in Tehran, arrived Monday from Dubai on a Garuda Indonesia flight.

He said the suspect hid the drugs inside a laptop computer in the monitor, keypad, optical disk drive, speaker, battery charger and in a box of perfume.

"We turned on the laptop and it worked, but when we reexamined it, we found the drugs hidden inside," he said.

The suspect said he was carrying the drugs for a recipient in Jakarta, who was to have sent it to Bali, Iyan added.

Iyan said the suspect was the third Iranian arrested at the airport this month for smuggling drugs. Officers also arrested a French national and a Philippine national at the airport this year for smuggling crystal meth.

Customs officers have seized 8.2 kilograms of the drug worth Rp 12.2 billion in five incidents so far this year.

Old January 31st, 2011, 05:20 PM   #1093
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Likes (Received): 166

the new Garuda commercial in Dutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyForID View Post
Garuda Indonesia Commercial (Dutch Version)

netaholics13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2011, 05:38 PM   #1094
netaholics13
frequent visitor

Likes (Received): 166

Garuda's retro livery painted on B738 spotted in CGK

photo credit to M Radzi Desa
netaholics13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:32 AM   #1095
ianers_ianized
Bad.Bold.Brazen

Likes (Received): 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by netaholics13 View Post
the new Garuda commercial in Dutch
Nice video, I hope there's an English version.

Sometimes you just have to forget the rules, follow your heart and see where it takes you...
Never apologize for saying what you feel because that's like saying sorry for being real...
Never regret anything you said or did because at some point, it was what you wanted...
True strength is being able to hold it all together when everyone else is expecting you to fall apart...
ianers_ianized no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 03:08 PM   #1096
David-80
Le Nozze di Figaro...

Indonesia-India Join Forces to Establish Airline

Monday, 31 January, 2011 | 17:07 WIB

TEMPO Interactive, Jakarta:Indonesia and Indian businessmen plan to establish a new airline company to be called PT Pacific Royale, confirmed air transportation director-general Herry Bhakti. The plan was triggered by an air service agreement between the two countries that has been renewed. The agreement regulates flight availability for national airlines wanting to fly to India.

Herry also said that Samudra Sukardi had been named as the new project manager for the airline. Samudra, who may be the candidate for the company’s president director, was previously the candidate for the CEO position at PT Garuda Indonesia. Pacific Royale is currently lodging its flight permits in India and Indonesia and has not yet made a company presentation at the Indonesian Transportation Ministry. The airline has not confirmed what aircraft it will use, but Herry said the company would offer full services on its flights. PT Garuda Indonesia also plans to start flying to India. According to Elisa Lumbantoruan, Garuda’s information technology and strategic director, the company is arranging the permits so that it can start flying to India in the second semester of this year. Garuda said that in principle, the airline has already obtained the permit. The market for this route, Elisa said, was very open as no airlines currently offer direct flights there.

Most flights to India go via Bangkok, Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.Garuda is interested because of the high traffic on Indonesia-India flights. In addition, a large number of Indians work in Indonesia and export-import growth between the two countries is expected to grow over coming years.The airline plans to fly to India not only from Jakarta, but also from Denpasar, Bali. For the first stage, there will be one daily flight from Jakarta to Chennai and Mumbai.

SUTJI DECILYA

source http://www.tempointeractive.com/hg/n...310186,uk.html

cheers
Old February 1st, 2011, 05:47 PM   #1097
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/475/4756010.html

Old February 3rd, 2011, 01:34 AM   #1098
aksjiah
nihil

Likes (Received): 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianers_ianized View Post
Nice video, I hope there's an English version.
There are actually..

Old February 4th, 2011, 02:08 PM   #1099
paradyto
entendre privilege

Indonesia's Lion Air eyes $1 bln-plus in 2012 IPO
Plans expansion with $14 bln of planes from Boeing

* Secures $1 bln loan to buy 22 planes this year

* Analysts see strong growth potential

(Adds further details, quotes)

By Janeman Latul

JAKARTA, Feb 2 (Reuters) - Lion Air, Indonesia's biggest airline by passenger volume, aims to raise more than $1 billion in an initial public offering (IPO) in 2012, its chief executive told Reuters on Wednesday.

The low-cost carrier has ambitious expansion plans, in a country where an increasing number of IPOs is seen in the next year, to take advantage of a buoyant capital market.

"We will ... use the IPO money as additional capital for our company as we have a huge expansion plan, but it doesn't mean we badly need money. We have all the financing we need through loans," said founder and CEO Rusdi Kirana.

Lion Air, which flies to a few Southeast Asian cities and across Indonesia, plans to expand by purchasing 178 planes worth $14 billion from Boeing Co (BA.N) by 2016.

It has a $1 billion loan to buy 22 planes this year, including 16 Boeing 737-900s, Kirana said. It expects to fly 20 million people this year, up from 17 million last year, he said.

"They have promising growth ... Looking at our population and because we're an archipelago, the most ideal transportation is air," said Alvin Pattisahusiwa, a fund manager in Jakarta at BNP Paribas Investment Partners, which manages about $3 billion.

If Lion Air could win removal from a European Union list of carriers banned from operating to the continent, imposed after a string of Indonesian air disasters, expansion would be boosted.

Analysts say Asian low-cost carriers have bigger expansion potential compared with established national carriers.

Philippine budget carrier Cebu Air (CEB.PS) raised $538 million in an IPO last October.

Indonesian flag carrier Garuda is set to raise $526 million in an IPO this month, half the $1.1 billion it targeted, after foreign investors were put off by pricing that valued it far higher than regional peers.
Old February 6th, 2011, 09:15 AM   #1100
paradyto
entendre privilege

nice pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrooms View Post
LION AIR AT SINGAPORE CHANGI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/adforce...n/photostream/

Tags