daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 20th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #121
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Likes (Received): 573

NAIA Terminal 2's gardens

Northwest Cargo, Emirates, and Cebu Pacific taxiing in NAIA

NAIA Terminal 1's Check-in area

NAIA Terminal 2

NAIA Terminal 3

JustHorace no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:39 AM   #122
F-ian

Likes (Received): 123

oya Sorry 3x its spose to be Husband hehe I like how NAIA is Bright and White on the Indoor
Old January 20th, 2006, 08:15 AM   #123
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2615

I prefer Jakarta's airport

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 02:02 PM   #124
sanhen
Urban Monk

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver
We had another one ..
was Kemayoran .... where the Jakarta Tower will be built ...
and another international airport is planned for Majalengka area to support the new A380. stupid plan though. why we need so many international airport close to each other?
sanhen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 02:40 PM   #125
Kaiser
Herr

Likes (Received): 22

ilikenaiasterminal
Old January 20th, 2006, 04:00 PM   #126
h4nh4n
Tukulers

Likes (Received): 0

i picking Jakarta airport as my fave!
h4nh4n no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #127
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

Likes (Received): 40

i choose SHIA between NAIA'S T1 and T2......

but NAIA TERMINAL 3 is better than SHIA!
Old January 21st, 2006, 04:55 AM   #128
xDieselJockx

Likes (Received): 1

I don't about you guys but I think SHIA has a good lay out and floor plan, it looks spaceous, it's a huge airport from what it looks like. I like the idea of their classic Indonesian touch but it's not too impressive, the color scheme seems to look gloomy to me inside and out, but my main thing with an airport is the comfort and convinience, not so much about the aesthetics.

NAIA 3doesn't have a real impressive design outside either but it seems like the interior is immaculate, it looks comfortable inside but maybe because it is new. SHIA seems alot bigger though. NAIA 2 looks nice and modern also, I kind of like the interior and exterior design of it. On NAIA 1, it has it's classic look, it would still look good if it has been properly maintained as it does look it's age already.

The bottomline is that they are both a good airport, I don't think I prefer one over the other. Now, if you will compare it to other airports like in Korea, HK and Japan? The latter 3 would be very impressive to me.

Last edited by xDieselJockx; January 21st, 2006 at 05:15 AM.
xDieselJockx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 05:14 AM   #129
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

i really prefer the modern one!!!
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:15 AM   #130
netsurfe
Grounded User

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDieselJockx
The bottomline is that they are both a good airport, I don't think I prefer one over the other. Now, if you will compare it to other airports like in Korea, HK and Japan? The latter 3 would be very impressive to me.
As much as I like SHIA, I have to say, it can't be compared to e.g. Seoul, HK, or Tokyo.
Because SHIA is more regional than "intercontinental" airport. and the airports you mentioned are all "intercontinental".

But I do wish, that could change somewhen in the future.
netsurfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 06:36 PM   #131
cHemon

Likes (Received): 438

NAIA3 > SHIA > NAIA2 > NAIA1
cHemon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 09:46 PM   #132
richard fischer

Likes (Received): 1503

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoManila
NAIA Terminal 2's gardens

Northwest Cargo, Emirates, and Cebu Pacific taxiing in NAIA

NAIA Terminal 1's Check-in area

NAIA Terminal 2

NAIA Terminal 3

hi cosmo,
cannot see the first 3 pictures, only ?-marks. can you convert them into jpegs for us ? that woulld be great !
richard fischer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 10:24 PM   #133
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

FYI, www.imageshack.us never fails. try it cosmo.
normandb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 02:24 AM   #134
xDieselJockx

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by netsurfe
As much as I like SHIA, I have to say, it can't be compared to e.g. Seoul, HK, or Tokyo.
Because SHIA is more regional than "intercontinental" airport. and the airports you mentioned are all "intercontinental".

But I do wish, that could change somewhen in the future.

Exactly what do you mean by intercontenental? Does SHIA not have international flights. I have never been in Indonesia before, but I was under an impression that the whole circular terminals are devided into halves, one for domestics/regional operations and the other half for international. It seems like it has a massive size that can be compared to other airports all over the world, the only difference is that it maybe just Garuda or any indonesian flag carrier is the only airline that hub in that air terminal unlike the airports like Tokyo international for instance where airlines like NWA together with other Japanese and/or other airlines share as satellite homebase outside their main hub.

Another thing is that I compared those airports with SHIA for it's design and layout or floor plan, not with the level or standard for whichever category those airports belong to.
xDieselJockx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 05:16 AM   #135
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncbmandy
FYI, www.imageshack.us never fails. try it cosmo.
Yeah, I'll try that. Thanks.

@ Richard: I'll try reposting them.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 05:36 AM   #136

Quote:
Exactly what do you mean by intercontenental? Does SHIA not have international flights. I have never been in Indonesia before, but I was under an impression that the whole circular terminals are devided into halves, one for domestics/regional operations and the other half for international. It seems like it has a massive size that can be compared to other airports all over the world, the only difference is that it maybe just Garuda or any indonesian flag carrier is the only airline that hub in that air terminal unlike the airports like Tokyo international for instance where airlines like NWA together with other Japanese and/or other airlines share as satellite homebase outside their main hub.

Another thing is that I compared those airports with SHIA for it's design and layout or floor plan, not with the level or standard for whichever category those airports belong to.
yea ur right. it is an interanational airport and it does serve interbational airlines, but i htink what he was getting to is that SHIA doesnt get as much international flights as tokyho or hk do
627 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 05:47 AM   #137
JustHorace
Couch Weight

just like MNL
Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:11 AM   #138
indorealty

The design of Soekarno Hatta airport does not fit for Jakarta as a capital city, which is more on the centre of commerce of Indonesia rather than tourism. Such design would fit nicely for a city like Yogyakarta where most people both local and foreigners came to the city for tourism activities besides the Soekarno Hatta airport reflects its traditional Javanese elements with its roofs. The architect for the airport, a Frenchman, unfortunately saw overall Indonesia only as a tourist destination.

Manila got the right design for its airport for a capital city.

Both cities wont make it to serve as hubs for international flights. Many American airlines have changed SouthEast Asia base from Manila to cities like Bangkok (for United Airlines for example). Both airports would act just a feeder for the more international airports such as Hong Kong (for Manila) and Singapore (for Jakarta) or even Bangkok (for both Manila and Jakarta, for some European airlines like Lufthansa).
indorealty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2006, 06:27 AM   #139
JustHorace
Couch Weight

Even KL with its modern airport cannot beat Bangkok and Singapore as aviation hubs.
Old January 22nd, 2006, 10:23 AM   #140
netsurfe
Grounded User

Quote:

SHIA is international alrite. But most of the int'l flights are regional.
Granted you can fly to europe (e.g. with LH or KL) with a single flight number.
Those flights, however, stop in Singapore, KL, or Bangkok.
Thus, SHIA is only worth a "Tag-ON".
I am sure that the traffic demand out of /to SHIA will eventually justify for more non-stop intercontinental flights. But as things now stand, it is not yet.

If you only compare the design, and nothing else, then I'd choose SHIA.
Because of its distinctive design and layout.
netsurfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
zamboanga city, zamboanga peninsula