SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Wood Wharf: £2bn expansion of Canary Wharf | 205m, 187m, 173m, 150m, 128m, 106m, 92m, 90m, 89m | U/C

2M views 4K replies 508 participants last post by  dreadathecontrols 
#1 ·
So when does this begin then? Any news yet?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Since Canary Wharf are running the show now I asume they are going to want to wait until all the Churchill Place and Riverside South buildings are built before they start on these.

#5 ·
There is a new residential building over by the Churchill Place buildings in those photos.

Looks to be about 115m.

#8 ·
Great project! I looks like the streetlevel is going to be very green, and that´s good. And now CW gets its own little arch :). CW is so cool when there´s so much water around, it could be a venice of skyscrapers:). That boat in the second pic, is it already there or is it a part of the render or is going to be put there soon?

#21 ·
DarJoLe said:
It's the residential portion and is needed to create a step down to the lowrise riverfront, and bring a bit of life and vitality to the area.
Yeah definately, the step down will give it a more of a classy and humane look. Also the added residents will keep the are feeling more alive and busy.

#26 ·
potto said:
Damn Canary Wharf desperately needs to soar even more
I know what you mean but I think Wood Wharf provides a nice back-drop and slight scale down whilst keeping the density and with what seems to be residential development, it should add even more life to the area.

Is Wood Wharf in the flight path of London City Airport like CW?