daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 10th, 2007, 03:16 AM   #61
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

March 9, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2007, 04:05 AM   #62
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

^Great photos and nice to see this one U/C now (these past few days have been busy!).

Anyway, more renderings coming your way.

^Nice plazas on all sides (Clark, Dearborn, Carroll, Kinzie)

Some might find this building dull, and I'd agree with that the general shape isn't very interesting, but I think you'll have to wait for the finished product to see how good it will look.

^You can see that the facade will be pretty unique

Lobby canopy

Lobby and exterior + landscaping

Corner of Kinzie and Clark
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2007, 04:12 AM   #63
Retrograde
Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy View Post
Anyway, more renderings coming your way.
^ I don't recall seeing some of those before. The building looks impressive. Great find spyguy!
Old March 10th, 2007, 08:45 PM   #64
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Now we're ******* talking!!! I love this building. The size is awesome. It's really going to stand out in its context.
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #65
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

We can expect caisson drilling to being MONDAY, according to a construction worker with whom I spoke.
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2007, 02:23 AM   #66
Sabunabu

Likes (Received): 21

They were taking some pictures on Lower Carroll-- anyone know what that is about? Traffic?
Sabunabu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2007, 06:01 PM   #67
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Pandemonious at SSP has confirmed caisson drilling. This one is officially under construction!!!
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2007, 01:09 AM   #68
spyguy
Expert

http://www.cpnonline.com/cpn/regions..._id=1003565038

Law Firm Adds Floor to Chicago HQ Lease
March 29, 2007

By Ethan Fry

Chicago-based law firm Jenner & Block L.L.P. inked an expansion this month to take another floor of space at 353 North Clark, a 1.2-million-square-foot, 45-story Class A office tower due to come online in the Second City’s River North submarket next year.

Jones Lang Lasalle’s Gary Kostecki, who is leasing the building for developer Mesirow Financial Holdings Inc., told CPN today that with the building now about 66 percent leased through two anchor tenants, attention will turn toward smaller users. Floor plates in the building are about 27,000 square feet, he said, predicting a lease in the two- to three-floor range before focusing on smaller tenants.

“We’ll probably do one more medium-size deal, then full floor deals,” Kostecki said.

Jenner & Block will occupy 417,000 square feet in the building, which will also include retail, storage and underground parking. Mesirow will occupy 345,000 square feet in the building.

New office buildings in the city are drawing rents between $45 and $50 per square foot, and the market recorded 3.3 million square feet of positive net absorption last year, its highest annual level since 2000. Overall Class A rents downtown averaged about $35 per square foot at the end of 2006.

Jones Lang Lasalle, who will manage the property upon its completion in late 2009, also recently secured 95 percent of the project’s development cost--pegged at at least $400 million--with financing from Babson Capital Management, Transwestern Realty Finance Partners, Mass Mutual and Hypo Real Estate Capital Corporation.

Kostecki and Steve Smith of Jones Lang Lasalle represented Mesirow in the deal. Bob Chodos of Colliers Bennett & Kahnweiler represented Jenner & Block.
Old April 5th, 2007, 03:29 AM   #69
spyguy
Expert

The next Friends of Downtown Brown Bag presentation
Thursday, April 5th at 12.15

Chicago Cultural Center
Millennium Room, 5th floor east

353 North Clark

Rux Currin from Mesirow Financial Real Estate and Dirk Lohan of Lohan Associates will discuss the new 1.1 million square foot office tower now under construction on the block bounded by Kinzie, Dearborn and Clark. The tower, designed by Dirk Lohan and A. Epstein & Sons, will be the new home of Jenner & Block and Mesirow Financial. In addition, the building will include retail, health club and dining facilities. Hear about the design and development process of this addition to the growing River North office market.
Old April 7th, 2007, 08:46 PM   #70
Retrograde
Chicago

April 5, 2007

Old April 14th, 2007, 08:18 AM   #71
Retrograde
Chicago

April 13, 2007

Old May 2nd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #72
Sabunabu

Likes (Received): 21

From Crain's

Hines sues Mesirow over use of private drive

Rival developers Hines Interests L.P. and the real estate unit of Mesirow Financial are tangling over a private drive next to a Mesirow-anchored office tower under construction in River North.

The Mesirow building doesn’t have the right to use the private drive, which is the planned entrance to the 45-story building, according a lawsuit filed by the Hines-controlled owner of the next-door office building at 321 N. Clark St.

The complaint was filed against an affiliate of Chicago-based Mesirow that is developing the nearly 1.2-million-square-foot tower, which has an address of 353 N. Clark St. and is to be co-anchored by Chicago law firm Jenner & Block LLP.

The complaint, filed last week in Cook County Circuit Court, could be merely a case of a disgruntled property owner seeking to gum up a rival development. A dispute over the project between executives of Mesirow and Houston-based Hines surfaced shortly after the project came to light in September 2005. The Mesirow-Jenner building is competing for tenants against a Hines building under construction at 300 N. LaSalle St. Both skyscrapers are scheduled to be completed in 2009.

Or could be a case of Hines protecting its rights, and forcing costly design changes — and delays — or winning significant compensation for the use of its property.

Michael Szkatulski, senior managing director with Mesirow’s real estate arm, sounds a conciliatory tone. “This is a little dispute between neighbors about how to handle the roadway,” he says. "We will work through it.”

Hines executives decline to comment.

A key issue is a one-block stretch of West Carroll Avenue, between Dearborn and Clark streets. On the south side of Carroll is the former Quaker Oats building, 321 N. Clark, and Westin River North Hotel, 321 N. Dearborn. On the north side of Carroll is the site of the Mesirow-Jenner building, which is also bounded by Clark, Dearborn and Kinzie streets.

Carroll has two levels. The lower level is a public street. “Upper Carroll” was privately financed and is owned by the office building and the Westin’s owner, which maintain it and pay property taxes, according to the complaint.

The Westin’s owner, New York-based Tishman Hotel Corp., is not a party to the lawsuit.

Although the Mesirow-Jenner tower has a Clark Street address, the building’s entrance would actually be on Upper Carroll, the complaint says. Yet a property agreement that governs the use of the Upper Carroll allegedly doesn’t give the Mesirow-Jenner site the right to use that drive.

The office building and hotel were “the only properties reasonably expected to be using” Upper Carroll, the complaint says. “It was not foreseen that the main entranceway for any future development (on the Mesirow-Jenner site) would be located off of anything other than” Dearborn, Clark or Kinzie, the complaint says.
Sabunabu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 05:11 AM   #73
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

5-13-07

Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 05:59 AM   #74
creil

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA1 View Post
Dont know. Are you sure its on the NW side of Clark/Kinzie?
Sorry, I meant the NW corner of Dearborn and Kinzie. It's the Marriott River North.
creil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2007, 08:57 AM   #75
urban_addict
Craving density 24/7

Likes (Received): 0

This building is a breath of fresh air! I'm glad we are getting more glassy highrises built in the city! Now I'll have more to look out at than Harry Carey's!
urban_addict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 22nd, 2007, 07:09 AM   #76
Retrograde
Chicago

May 21, 2007

Old June 5th, 2007, 06:28 AM   #77
spyguy
Expert

http://midwest.construction.com/feat...ve/0706_TS.asp

353 N. Clark St.

Cost: $440 Million

Demand for upscale, Class-A office space in Chicago is resulting in the 353 N. Clark St. project in the River North area.

In mid-April, the 46-story tower was 66% pre-leased, says Rux Currin, senior vice president of Chicago-based Mesirow Financial, the developer.

Mesirow will also be a tenant and depart its long-time home across the street at 350 North.

Another major tenant is Jenner & Block LLP, a Chicago-based law firm.

Other office and retail tenants are being pursued.

The 1.2-million-sq-ft building will hold offices, retail and 220 parking spaces in two below-grade levels, Currin says. The office entrance will be on Upper Carroll Court and the retail entrance on Kinzie Street - appropriately so because of the increasing amount of retail on Kinzie.

"The site slopes 12 to 13 ft, so it gives us an opportunity to separate the entrances for office and retail," Currin says.

The steel-framed building will be dressed in curtain wall.
Construction began in November, and occupancies will start at the end of 2009. Mesirow will move in 2010.
Old June 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM   #78
urban_addict
Craving density 24/7

Likes (Received): 0

I'm so happy this building is going up! I used to walk by this parking lot on my lunch, during the hot summer in July, and just be disgusted at how such a great spot was vacant (and how freaking hot it made the surrounding area with all that asphalt!).

What building is being built across the street? I'm happy to see that lot go to!
urban_addict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #79
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban_addict View Post
I'm so happy this building is going up! I used to walk by this parking lot on my lunch, during the hot summer in July, and just be disgusted at how such a great spot was vacant (and how freaking hot it made the surrounding area with all that asphalt!).
I couldn't agree more. Disgust is the way I felt whenever I saw this lot. I never imagined it would be developed so soon and with such a great building.

Quote:
What building is being built across the street? I'm happy to see that lot go to!
River North Marriott Suites
Old June 27th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #80
Retrograde
Chicago

June 26, 2007