daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2015, 01:20 PM   #801
shreyask2411

Likes (Received): 86

After a good 15 min wait GZB WAP 7 #30399 finally shows up with 12951 Mumbai Central - New Delhi Rajdhani Express!!

ABR WDM 3A #14122 led 22476 Coimbatore - Bikaner AC Express pulled into Vangaon loop to face the overtake by the KING. The train uses old Rajdhani rake which proudly flaunt their 130 MPS even after so many years.

Mumbai Rajdhani uses the new German tech LHB coaches which now most of the Rajdhani Expresses run with.

dimlys1994 liked this post
shreyask2411 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 19th, 2015, 11:18 AM   #802
Mangalore Express

Likes (Received): 461

A full trip compilation from onboard the 22695/6 Yeshwantpur-Jaipur Premium Express. This train has now been classified under the Suvidha category as Indian Railways is doing away with the short-lived premium concept.

I hope people here won't mind such occasional trip videos being posted here. Kindly let me know if anyone's not OK with that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Inrtm13RRg

Mangalore Express no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2015, 10:11 AM   #803
Mangalore Express

The Sharavati might be at its furious best when it dives down the cliff in Agumbe as the Jog Falls but as it flows towards the Western Coast and nears the Arabian sea, it gets tamed and what results is a calm looking river that spans over a mile in width. The Sharavati A, B and C bridges cut right across the Sharavati at Honnavar and this is how it looks from inside a train as it crosses the rain-fed Sharavati during the monsoons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FkjLImSJb0
Old August 5th, 2015, 11:24 AM   #804
Fatfield

Likes (Received): 93

Two trains have derailed killing 24 according to BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-india-33783060

http://news.sky.com/story/1530500/do...flooded-tracks
Fatfield no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 01:03 PM   #805
ren0312

Likes (Received): 21

Why do Indian trains look so grimy compared to Chinese Z class soft sleeper trains, even the more expensive overnight express ones like Sabhati?
ren0312 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 05:14 PM   #806
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0312 View Post
Why do Indian trains look so grimy compared to Chinese Z class soft sleeper trains, even the more expensive overnight express ones like Sabhati?
The problem is the lack of a dining car. People just eat and throw every goddam thing in every goddam place. I remember on a train from Mumbai-Guwahati on a 55-hour never-ending journey; the toilets were beyond unspeakable when the train started. People dump food, coffee cups, tea cups and the devil knows what else down the toilet. Also the Chinese are making modern coaches. We can do it too? Will it happen? Don't hold your breath. Cockroaches were our companions on that trip.
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 05:36 PM   #807
ren0312

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmicbliss View Post
The problem is the lack of a dining car. People just eat and throw every goddam thing in every goddam place. I remember on a train from Mumbai-Guwahati on a 55-hour never-ending journey; the toilets were beyond unspeakable when the train started. People dump food, coffee cups, tea cups and the devil knows what else down the toilet. Also the Chinese are making modern coaches. We can do it too? Will it happen? Don't hold your breath. Cockroaches were our companions on that trip.
Actually I am talking about the 1st class ac coaches, the people who travel on them are middle class and above right?
ren0312 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2015, 06:26 PM   #808
Cosmicbliss

Likes (Received): 368

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren0312 View Post
Actually I am talking about the 1st class ac coaches, the people who travel on them are middle class and above right?
1st class AC does not exist on many trains now. There are only 2 AC coaches. And middle class/awareness creation/education/civic sense etc makes little difference. The root issue is powerful vested interests are not interested in making modern coaches. The coach building monopoly must be taken away from a few players and opened out to international companies, critics be damned. But it takes courage. Prabhu will soon realize that his plans for modernising the railways will be much, much harder to execute than what he first thought. Some of his ideas will have to be scrapped actually.
Cosmicbliss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2015, 09:40 AM   #809
ssyaser

Likes (Received): 1

Hello everyone,

anyone have pics of mahboobnagar kachiguda train track doubling work.
ssyaser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2015, 01:53 PM   #810
linkoying

Likes (Received): 0

is the Railway line to Nepal under construction ?
linkoying no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:23 PM   #811
Mangalore Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkoying View Post
is the Railway line to Nepal under construction ?
Nope. Only a narrow gauge train operates in Nepal and even that is run by Indian Railways if I'm not mistaken. BBC has a documentary on that.
Old September 3rd, 2015, 05:23 PM   #812
Mangalore Express

Best of Konkan Railway!

Best of Konkan Railway!
Original audio had to be removed due to excessive wind-noise.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPDnOCEndlM

Old September 4th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #813
shreyask2411

Major Upgrade for Western Railways as the Maximum Permissible speed on Mumbai- Surat - Vadodara Section to be upgraded to 130 kmph from 1st Oct 2015. There have been a number of trials carried out since April and it is to be made official from October. Premium trains like Rajdhanis, Shatabdi, Double Decker, etc to run at 130. There would be minor changes in timetable with departure/arrival times tweaked by avg 15 mins.

Swede liked this post
Old September 4th, 2015, 07:31 AM   #814
shreyask2411

Mumbai, famous for many things, the locals being one of them, its always an exciting race between the Mumbai Locals and the outstation trains.
Mumbai Locals having sheer acceleration take on the outstation trains having some good clearance.
Sometimes the locals win and sometimes they give way to the outstation trains. For us, its always some superb bit of entertainment!
This video being one such featuring one of the newest Mumbai local taking on the Valsad - Bandra Passenger! The end is different this time with maybe no winner or both winners.. :P
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #815
Swede
forumer #29

Likes (Received): 1663

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyask2411 View Post
Major Upgrade for Western Railways as the Maximum Permissible speed on Mumbai- Surat - Vadodara Section to be upgraded to 130 kmph from 1st Oct 2015. There have been a number of trials carried out since April and it is to be made official from October. Premium trains like Rajdhanis, Shatabdi, Double Decker, etc to run at 130. There would be minor changes in timetable with departure/arrival times tweaked by avg 15 mins.
What is the old speed limit?
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall
Swede no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2015, 07:06 PM   #816
shreyask2411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
What is the old speed limit?
120 for Rajdhani, Shatabdi etc and 110 for normal trains. Probably for normal Superfast trains with LHB coaches it would get increased to 120 while for trains with ICF coaches it would stay same.
Currently on Karnavati Express is with LHB coaches and is Superfast so it would be only one to get increment from 110 to 120.

Also Borivali - Virar Suburban Section is increased from 100 to 110 kmph for most of the trains.

Also there are plans to change the links of 5-6 trains that run with diesel locos to electric locos for better speed, punctuality and save diesel fuel.
Old September 7th, 2015, 07:07 PM   #817
shreyask2411

Old September 15th, 2015, 07:08 AM   #818
Mangalore Express

Dog sits in front of speeding train.

Travelling in Indian trains, once in a while you do get to see some grisly scenes involving animals. Sometimes though, animals have the last laugh!
Was about to stop recording sensing that it was the end for the doggy but somehow couldn't hit the stop button in time and was thus lucky enough to get this footage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4vCPUosdZI

Last edited by Mangalore Express; November 7th, 2015 at 09:50 AM.
Old September 18th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #819
ramakrishna1984

Likes (Received): 788

Wow....good for the railway passengers....Google and Indian Railways partnering to roll out super-fast free Wi-Fi to 400 railway stations across the country.

patel2897, Kutsuit liked this post
ramakrishna1984 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2015, 08:23 AM   #820
Tamilselvan

Likes (Received): 1

railway development in tamilnadu

we need sa to mas ic exp should stoppages at bommidi,morappur,samalpatti,tirupattur,jolarpet vaniyambadi ambur gudiyattam katpadi walaja arakonam tiruvallur avadi perambur
Tamilselvan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
india, indian railway, rail