daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2013, 11:51 PM   #61
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
There is absolutely no basis for having this tower in the super tall section.
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if this one was in NYC.

The proposal is for 75 floors. That's easily within the realm of 984 feet in height.

1Filipe1 liked this post
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2013, 12:31 AM   #62
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectre000 View Post
I bet you wouldn't be saying that if this one was in NYC.

The proposal is for 75 floors. That's easily within the realm of 984 feet in height.
Of course I would. I have actually started threads in the proposed skyscrapers thread that moderators have moved to supertall. Besides as one of the trio of global powerhouses (along with London and Paris), NY doesn't need projects to feel good about itself.

Anyway, I liked this proposal but will leave this thread due to the sensitivities that some show.

Zefire liked this post

Last edited by RobertWalpole; March 2nd, 2013 at 04:16 AM.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 08:14 AM   #63
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Of course I would. I have actually started threads in the proposed skyscrapers thread that moderators have moved to supertall. Besides as one of the trio of global powerhouses (along with London and Paris), NY doesn't need projects to feel good about itself.

Anyway, I liked this proposal but will leave this thread due to the sensitivities that some show.
Couldn't finish a comment without complementing NY, and imposing your own views ?

Quote:
Besides as one of the trio of global powerhouses (along with London and Paris), NY doesn't need projects to feel good about itself.
Such a ridiculous statement. You are always dissing Chicago whenever you get the chance. Couldn't you drop the fanboyism for once ? Also, considering that Two Prudential is 64 floors, and 303 meters, this has a great chance at being a supertall.
Old March 2nd, 2013, 06:47 PM   #64
3521usa

Likes (Received): 36

I don't know what city that pos was referring to, but Chicago certainly doesn't need any building to feel good about itself. Chicago is one of a handful of cities that could go a decade without a new building and still have one of the greatest skylines on the planet.

Anyway, I don't think this project should be in the supertall section either. As of right now, it's only a 40 storey proposal that COULD end up being a 75 storey (possible supertall) building.
3521usa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 09:27 PM   #65
spectre000

Likes (Received): 5170

Here's an article with more details. I'll leave it to the mods if they want to move it or not. I'd also recommend renaming the title to 625 West Monroe.

Fifield plans taller building in West Loop
By: Ryan Ori
February 15, 2013

"Faced with a crowded field of developers looking to launch downtown's next office towers, developer Steve Fifield has decided to go up.

Mr. Fifield now plans to build as high as 75 stories, with up to 1.4 million square feet, on adjacent West Loop sites. Previously he pitched pitching a pair of 20-story, 490,000-square-foot structures at 601 and 625 W. Monroe St..."

"...The new plan calls for 40 stories and 800,000 square feet of office space. Depending on the reaction from tenants and capital markets, he also could look to tack on a 300-room hotel and 450 apartments above the office space, which would raise it to 75 stories, Mr. Fifield said.

Under either plan, the tower would be built on the 625 W. Monroe site, with the 601 site used as a plaza drive leading up to the tower..."
spectre000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #66
RobertWalpole
BANNED

We have a 40 story building in the super tall section which, even if it grows to 75 stories, still likely will be less than 300m

Zefire liked this post
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:07 PM   #67
1Filipe1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 319

Quote:
We have a 40 story building in the super tall section which, even if it grows to 75 stories, still likely will be less than 300m
idk where you see its a 40 story building..its 40 stories of office space..something must be to far up your ass today..

BeLogical, Zefire liked this post
1Filipe1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #68
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Filipe1 View Post
idk where you see its a 40 story building..its 40 stories of office space..something must be to far up your ass today..
Read what was posted, amigo.

Zefire liked this post
Old March 2nd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #69
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Knock off the crap! Brigs are coming to those who insist upon personal insults.

The tower proposal is no less viable as a supertall for now than many announced projects here. If we learn otherwise, the thread can easily be dispatched to wherever appropriate. As for the address, I'll change it to 625 W. Monroe. No doubt the confusion will continue until the tower gets a cheesy marketing name like all the others...

spectre000, bennyboo, Vito Corleone liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 03:54 PM   #70
Vito Corleone

Likes (Received): 324

Quote:
40 floors of office could easily reach 180m in height. Tack on 35 hotel/residential floors and you get another 120m or so in height. With some kind of architectural feature on top, it will definitely be a supertall.
Vito Corleone está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:03 AM   #71
iloveclassicrock7
Vigilant Citizen

Likes (Received): 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vito Corleone View Post
40 floors of office could easily reach 180m in height. Tack on 35 hotel/residential floors and you get another 120m or so in height. With some kind of architectural feature on top, it will definitely be a supertall.
Agreed. Great point

Also, lets take a look at the original design when it was only a 40 story proposal

The 40 story version here looks like it could be 200m, add on another 35 stories, and you have a supertall.
Old March 5th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #72
tawfiqmp
I love Skyscrapers!

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

It's not about being a global powerhouse for Chicago. Chicago won't be one of those, it's still a global city though. But Chicago is known for Skyscrapers. It's always been linked together with Hong Kong and NYC as the skyscraper cities. It's sad to see it lagging behind these days.

I agree that this shouldn't be in the supertall proposal section.
tawfiqmp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #73
Kiboko
hubba hubba

Likes (Received): 327

Because of the fat footprint it doesn't look as tall as it is. They should take a look at Leadenhall building to get some sense of aesthetics.
Kiboko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #74
Dancing Banana

Likes (Received): 277

supertall or not, that seems to be the question but i rather have a nice designed 280m tower than an ugly 250m tower with a 50m spire
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:37 AM   #75
ChiSkyline

Likes (Received): 133

Nvm.. [EDIT]

It would be amazing to see this raise to a 75 story building with a new and improve design that could possible raise with River Point, Wolf Point, & hopefully Chicago Old Main Post Office..

Last edited by ChiSkyline; April 15th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
ChiSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #76
Kanto
Roof height crusader

Likes (Received): 3546

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveclassicrock7 View Post
Agreed. Great point

Also, lets take a look at the original design when it was only a 40 story proposal

The 40 story version here looks like it could be 200m, add on another 35 stories, and you have a supertall.
Looks completely like Leadenhall in London

Donodöner, KillerZavatar liked this post
Kanto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #77
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53449

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSkyline View Post
Wait, so there is 2 seperate plans for this site; a 40 story one & a 75 story one? Or is this a plan to expand the new 40 story rendering?
The tower was originally to be 40 stories and one of two towers on that site. Now one shorter tower has been eliminated and the developer, Fifield is hopeful that the remaining tower here can go as high as 75 stories, market permitting. The window for getting new office space into the pipeline is not going to remain open for long so I'm hoping they get moving on whatever they intend to build ASAP. Others are piling into the Chicago office market with new proposals right now.
Old April 15th, 2013, 12:59 AM   #78
ChiSkyline

Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertpunk View Post
The tower was originally to be 40 stories and one of two towers on that site. Now one shorter tower has been eliminated and the developer, Fifield is hopeful that the remaining tower here can go as high as 75 stories, market permitting. The window for getting new office space into the pipeline is not going to remain open for long so I'm hoping they get moving on whatever they intend to build ASAP. Others are piling into the Chicago office market with new proposals right now.
Wow! Thanks for the explanation. Finally read the article after skimming through the pages. Got a great understanding to it. Yours helped too.

Hope the project because reality and raises to 75 stories.
ChiSkyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:23 AM   #79
munchymunch
Minneapolis==>Chicago

Likes (Received): 1165

http://chicago.curbed.com/archives/2...er-surface.php

originally posted by spyguy ssp

Quote:
A long planned tower for the West Loop may be even bigger than originally anticipated, as these newly surfaced renderings show a rather tall glassy building on a site near 625 West Monroe Street. Way back in 2008, developer Steven Fifield first indicated plans to build a 26 story office tower on the parcel of land adjacent to the Presidential Towers, but the office space was never built. The developer returned to the drawing board, and after a five year hiatus, presented a new plan for an even taller "landmark type" tower for the site. Today, a set of mysterious renderings of a tall glassy tower appeared on the Skyscraper Page forums that show a building standing at the same location as the previously planned tower and Fifield, who has adopted the "bigger is better" approach for new towers may be going even bigger if these renderings are what we think they are.
Old March 19th, 2014, 01:40 AM   #80
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31712

From Spyguy over at SSP:

[IMG]http://i57.************/c1lx.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/jj63xs.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.************/5ww4zn.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/2hxyl54.jpg[/IMG]