daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #101
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

that was Ed Hale's old proposal. The octagon shaped tower that is 17 stories and rises over 330 ft. is built already.

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2006, 11:06 PM   #102
fluffyhorse

Likes (Received): 0

Uplands Redevelopment-

In May of 2003, the City acquired the 52-acre Uplands Apartments site from the U.S. Department of Housing & Community Development with the intent of developing a new mixed income neighborhood that offers a modern, urban housing product for the region's middle class, yet retains affordable rental and for-sale options for lower income families. Baltimore Housing engaged national award winning design and market analysis firms to master plan the site with the full engagement of the surrounding community.

Completion Date: Phased construction with anticipated completion in 2007.
Total Project Investment: Anticipated $300 million +Public: TBD

http://www.baltimorehousing.org/inde...masterplan.pdf
http://www.baltimorehousing.org/inde...pcid=73&cid=91
------------------------------------------

Frederick Douglass - Isaac Myers Maritime Museum
http://sber.com/project_detail.asp?P...=211&Contact=3

Rotunda Model

----------------------------------------------

BGE Building Conversion

Cost: $33 Million
183 Apartments

-----------------------------------------------

Maryland Trust Building Conversion
a 97-room Marriott Springhill Suites

Calvert and Redwood streets, a survivor of the Great Fire of 1904

Last edited by fluffyhorse; April 16th, 2006 at 05:48 AM.
fluffyhorse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #103
sdeclue

Likes (Received): 47

The picture for City Scape is kinda blurry and it's difficult to see what buildings are going up. Is that one or two or even three new towers? If so, that's fantastic. Even one more tower would be great.

I'm also very happy that the old proposed Ed Hale building was knocked out by the one he actually built. The new building sits right along 95 and has quite a presence from the interstate in both height and width.

As for the aquarium land, it seems kinda pointless to me. That could all be valuable land to later develop as the room on the waterfront for future building gets smaller.
sdeclue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 12:22 AM   #104
fanofterps

Likes (Received): 121

Is the Cityscape project dead or is it really going to

happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeclue
The picture for City Scape is kinda blurry and it's difficult to see what buildings are going up. Is that one or two or even three new towers? If so, that's fantastic. Even one more tower would be great.

I'm also very happy that the old proposed Ed Hale building was knocked out by the one he actually built. The new building sits right along 95 and has quite a presence from the interstate in both height and width.

As for the aquarium land, it seems kinda pointless to me. That could all be valuable land to later develop as the room on the waterfront for future building gets smaller.
fanofterps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #105
scando

Likes (Received): 453

[QUOTE=fluffyhorse]

Rotunda Model

----------------------------------------------

I really hope this one happens. It's a great location that used to be a hot retail area until the complex was sold to an owner that had no interest. I still go to movies and supermarket there regularly and love how that plot of land overlooks downtown from way uphill. It integrates well into the upper Hampden/lower Roland Park boundary and should see lots of business from people all around the area. On the celebrity front, I have seen John Waters there food shopping a couple times. If I were in the market for a flat, I would definitely think about living there.
scando no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:25 PM   #106
waj0527

Likes (Received): 474

As an aside...I can't wait until The Zenith is finished. Its going to have such a commanding presence.

Wada_Guy posted some new pics in the 'Baltimore Development 13'. Here's one showing progress of The Zenith (in the background) and the cleared lot for the Hilton Baltimore Convention Center Hotel.

waj0527 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:43 PM   #107
waj0527

Actually....thanks to Wada_Guy, we can get progress on lots of development projects.

Hilton Baltimore Convention Center Hotel

West Shore Park

Center Plaza

Last edited by waj0527; April 17th, 2006 at 06:18 PM.
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:09 PM   #108
waj0527

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW

that was Ed Hale's old proposal. The octagon shaped tower that is 17 stories and rises over 330 ft. is built already.
As much as I dislike the 1st Mariner Bank Headquarters building, I have to admit that it is certainly an upgrade over what was to be built.
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:16 PM   #109
sdeclue

Yeah I kinda like the 1st Mariner Bank headquarters and feel it's a huuuuge upgrade over that first idea. That thing looks like some factory. Those pictures are awesome. Does anyone know whats going on with Cityscape and is that Center Plaza going to be a park area or a building? It would be a nice area to have a park with people eating lunch out there on nice days when they have a break from work.
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:46 PM   #110
sdeclue

Also where can I find the "Baltimore Development 13" so I can look at these pictures? I can't find it anywhere on here.
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #111
waj0527

Here's the link to Baltimore Development News #13

It can be found in the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic subforum.

Also, Center Plaza is going to be a park. There's a rendering of it on Page 4 or 5 of this thread.
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #112
sdeclue

One more question. What is that building to the left of the Dean Witter building in the West Shore Park picture? I don't remember any such tall building being there.
Old April 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #113
waj0527

I may be showing my youth, but I have never heard a building in Baltimore referred to as "the Dean Whitter building". The tallest tower in that pic, however, is the Legg Mason headquarters tower.
Old April 18th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #114
southbalto

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
One more question. What is that building to the left of the Dean Witter building in the West Shore Park picture? I don't remember any such tall building being there.

I think you might mean the morgan stanley building (affiliated to DW). The building to the left is the sheraton Hotel.
southbalto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #115
sdeclue

Thanks. I'm trying to think of where exactly that Sheraton Hotel sits in relation to the Morgan Stanley building because in that picture it looks like it is right across the street and that it is just as tall as the MS building. Is that a new Sheraton Hotel?
Old April 19th, 2006, 05:10 AM   #116
scando

Likes (Received): 453

Quote:
Thanks. I'm trying to think of where exactly that Sheraton Hotel sits in relation to the Morgan Stanley building because in that picture it looks like it is right across the street and that it is just as tall as the MS building. Is that a new Sheraton Hotel?
In that picture, the Sheraton is much closer than the MS building. That's why they appear to be the same height even though they are not. The Sheraton dates back to the 80's.
scando no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM   #117
FITCH

Likes (Received): 0

Baltimore Projects

I do not know how to post photos from web pages. However I have found 4 Highrise projects that have been approved. I went to www.cimgrealestate.com The properties are in Fells point, Res hill, Fed hill, and downtown.
FITCH no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #118
waj0527

Thanks for the comtribution Fitch and Welcome!!!!

Here's renderings of what Fitch found.

Another view of Vistas on the Lake
Market Rate Condos at Druid Hill Lake Drive

The Station at Fells Point (1621 Bank Street)
Market rate condos at the corner of Bank St. and Broadway

The Residences at Lexington Market
Market-rate condos and townhomes above Lexington Market garage

Old April 19th, 2006, 11:20 PM   #119
waj0527

BDC's List o' Westside Developments
Completed - U/C - In Pipeline (bold indicates status)

--------------------------------------------------------

The Hippodrome - Completed

With Bank of America’s investment, this $70 million center now seats 2,250 guests for Broadway shows, concerts and community events. The entire theatre complex includes the restoration of three historic landmark buildings -- the Hippodrome, the Western National Bank Building and the Eutaw Savings Bank.

The Atrium at Market Center - Completed

Developed by Southern Management Corporation and now fully operational, this complex contains 173 apartment homes and lofts built around a seven-story open-air interior atrium. Built within the structure of the historic Hecht department store, the building's classic revival-style facade has been restored and its interior updated.
Maggie Moore’s - Completed

This 200-seat, 8,000-square-foot restaurant features two floors of dining with a bar on each floor. Opened last last, Maggie Moore's will draw on traffic from the Hippodrome, Bank of America's Centerpoint complex, and neighboring university students and staff.
Abell Building - WTF?!

The Philadelphia Management Corporation will convert this 19th century 55,000 square foot structure to retail on the first floor with residential and commercial uses on the upper floors. Permits have been issued for the construction of 35 residential units and construction is underway.
Centerpoint - Completed

This $70+ million dollar project developed by Bank of America and Atlanta-based Harold A. Dawson Co. features 392 rental apartments, 30,000 square feet of retail space and a 400-space parking garage. The final phase of the project is under construction and includes 103 apartment units. The first and second phases includes loft units in the historic buildings on Howard Street and a newly constructed tower offering studio, one and two–bedroom apartments. The third phase of the project is under construction including 103 units of apartments on Eutaw and Baltimore Streets. Delivery on some units is expected in September 2005. In addition, local business Hippodrome Hatters is moving back near their original location in the Centerpoint project.
Lexington Market - Completed

Having undergone a $4.2 million facelift, Lexington Market now features more storefront space, new convenience features, updated interior design and lighting, enhanced exterior, added sidewalks and landscaping. A RFP will be issued this month for the redevelopment of the Pfeiffer Building at 200 N. Paca Street and the air rights parcel above the Lexington Market garage at 500-524 W. Lexington Street.
University of Maryland Bio Tech Park - U/C

Phase One of the 800 block of Baltimore Street is completed and was occupied by the first tenants on July 18th. 100 employees from a Rockville disease research group occupy the 4th floor and several similar companies are expected to occupy the remaining floors. The first building is 100% leased and the 630-space parking garage is expected to open in early Fall.
829 W. Baltimore Street - ?????????
The University of Maryland in partnership with the Poppleton Community and Police Department were instrumental in establishing a new Police Sub-station manned by eleven (11) officers to serve the community.
Camden Square, LLC (This is infamous boutique hotel!!) - U/C
Next Realty and Sky Hospitality are developing a 126-room 8-story hotel at 221-231 South Greene Street/Portland Street. Construction is expected to begin early this Fall.
University of Maryland Dental School - Completed

Rising 10 stories and including 360,000 square feet, the brick and limestone building will have a glass facade and two atriums. The new $124 million building will open before year's end.

Infrastructure/Streetscaping - Still Underway, hopefully :-/
More than 50 block faces in total have been renovated in our Financial District, Baltimore’s West Side and Mt. Vernon, representing more than $17 million in investment.
Stewart’s Building - Completed

Constructed in the early 1900's, the Stewarts Building was one of Baltimore's grand department stores. Now, 100 years later, it recaptures its impressive stature as one of the city's most advanced buildings for offices, as well as retail. It is now the pending home of Catholic Relief Services, which currently employs 326 people in its offices, but expects to grow to about 400 employees in its new expanded space.
The Congress - Completed

Derelict for a decade, the historic Congress Hotel has been beautifully rehabilitated as 36 market rate apartments and 8,500 square feet of office and retail space. With its heritage retained and features restored, The Congress has also been nominated for the National Register of Historic Places.
400 Block of Baltimore - WTF is going on with this?!
The partnership between David S. Brown Enterprises, A & R Development Corporation, and Steve Samuelson will result in the creation of 100,000 square feet of office space and 13,000 square feet of retail space on both sides of the block, at an estimated cost of over $15 million.
Superblock - ::SIGH::
Three development teams were selected to redevelop the superblock lead by the Chera Feil Goldman Group of New York City, and includes Carmel Realty Associates of Philadelphia and local developer, French Development Company, Inc. Barenburg Eye Associates (Dr. Levin/Dr. Gordon) will start construction on the properties located at 100 Park Avenue and 202 W. Fayette Street in early Fall. Exterior construction will include the removal of all awnings, window restoration, and brick cleaning.
University of Maryland Medical Center - Completed

Recently completed a $150 million addition.
Fayette Residences - Completed

[IMG]http://www.harki*******ers.com/project/10042.jpg[/IMG]

New housing for university students north of Fayette between Greene and Paca streets has been completed. A 17-story tower provides most of the 300 or so apartments; the remaining units will be in older rehabilitated structures while parking and street-level retail are included.
The Zenith - U/C

Legency/Harris Development and Kennedy Associates are developing 191 upscale apartments. The $35m project is under construction and expected to be completed in 2007.
Camden Court Apartments - Completed

This $35 million project is nearly complete and currently leasing 221 units of market rate rental apartments.
Old April 20th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #120
MasonsInquiries
B-MORE than u strive for!

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffyhorse
Canton Crossing Building?
yep, fluffyhorse. i'm almost certain that this was the old (VERY VERY VERY VERY old) rendering of hale's canton tower.
MasonsInquiries no está en línea   Reply With Quote