daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 26th, 2010, 02:59 PM   #2741
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 843

I heard that the height of the East Tower got reduced. This is terrible news. Damn recession, I they should stop construction and considered putting it back at the original height or this (and the entire Moscow-City project) will end up being a white elephant.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:24 PM   #2742
xombie
Дыхание сердец! <3

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim856796 View Post
I heard that the height of the East Tower got reduced. This is terrible news. Damn recession, I they should stop construction and considered putting it back at the original height or this (and the entire Moscow-City project) will end up being a white elephant.
Read the comment above you. /sigh
Old January 28th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #2743
BennyYarnell
Drool...

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xombie View Post
Read the comment above you. /sigh
It'll be such a relief if you are right. Making such a compromising design decision is not something that you can fix later - it will be a decision that dominates the Moscow skyline and one that moscavites will have to live with forever.
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:26 PM   #2744
tmac14wr

Likes (Received): 28

Glad to hear there isn't a height reduction.

When can we expect to see the spire top out?

BTW, these buildings are awesome and the spire makes them even cooler haha.
tmac14wr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:33 PM   #2745
thc_stoned

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyYarnell View Post
It'll be such a relief if you are right. Making such a compromising design decision is not something that you can fix later - it will be a decision that dominates the Moscow skyline and one that moscavites will have to live with forever.
Agree this will be a failure if they change the design
thc_stoned no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:36 PM   #2746
xombie
Дыхание сердец! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyYarnell View Post
Height reduction is not an option, if they go through with it then someone should take the project from their hands, I'm hoping there won't be a need for that, so fingers crossed.
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:43 PM   #2747
tmac14wr

Quote:
Height reduction is not an option, if they go through with it then someone should take the project from their hands, I'm hoping there won't be a need for that, so fingers crossed.
Wait, so there is a height reduction? (or at least the possibility of one)

I apologize b/c I've only read the past few pages of this thread so I don't know the entire story. Is the building temporarily on hold at its current height while the developer attempts to refinance the project?
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:25 AM   #2748
xombie
Дыхание сердец! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac14wr View Post
Wait, so there is a height reduction? (or at least the possibility of one)

I apologize b/c I've only read the past few pages of this thread so I don't know the entire story. Is the building temporarily on hold at its current height while the developer attempts to refinance the project?
Although Mirax Group have made a statement regrading their plans to reduce the height of East Tower from 94 to 64 floors, they've also tried to unconscionably blackmail Alfa-Bank and the government of Moscow to organize credit for them. "The MIRAX GROUP management is ready to reconsider their decision to reduce the number of floors of the business complex if in the next 2 or 3 months it should become possible to a obtain a credit at an interest rate of 12%."
I guess around March we will have clearer news regarding the project. So that's why the height reduction is not yet final and there is still hope for the East Tower to be built at the same height - I hope Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow will intervene to prevent any further damage. Until then, there are some interior works being done, nothing too big.
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #2749
tmac14wr

Quote:
Although Mirax Group have made a statement regrading their plans to reduce the height of East Tower from 94 to 64 floors, they've also tried to unconscionably blackmail Alfa-Bank and the government of Moscow to organize credit for them. "The MIRAX GROUP management is ready to reconsider their decision to reduce the number of floors of the business complex if in the next 2 or 3 months it should become possible to a obtain a credit at an interest rate of 12%."
I guess around March we will have clearer news regarding the project. So that's why the height reduction is not yet final and there is still hope for the East Tower to be built at the same height - I hope Luzhkov, the mayor of Moscow will intervene to prevent any further damage. Until then, there are some interior works being done, nothing too big.
Thanks for the information! I saw there was a link to an article a few pages ago, but I would have to pay around $5 to read it...so thanks for filling me in

It's frustrating to see the developers blackmail the government/bank like this. The government must feel a lot of pressure since failing to build this project to its full potential will result in the loss of future tax revenues for Moscow.

Do you know how much more money Mirax needs in order to finish the project at the original 94 floors?

Hopefully this doesn't become another casualty of the recession...
Old January 29th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #2750
xombie
Дыхание сердец! <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac14wr View Post
Thanks for the information! I saw there was a link to an article a few pages ago, but I would have to pay around $5 to read it...so thanks for filling me in

It's frustrating to see the developers blackmail the government/bank like this. The government must feel a lot of pressure since failing to build this project to its full potential will result in the loss of future tax revenues for Moscow.

Do you know how much more money Mirax needs in order to finish the project at the original 94 floors?

Hopefully this doesn't become another casualty of the recession...
Mirax Group stated that it will need $100 million to complete the project at the current height (with the floor reduction). Total complex cost is around $530 million, so I'm guessing they'll need around $250 million to finish the project as intended.
Old January 29th, 2010, 02:04 AM   #2751
ShawnOfTheDead
foggy frog

I love this project, such a futuristic one
Old January 29th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #2752
LASTKA

Likes (Received): 8108

updates???
LASTKA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM   #2753
BennyYarnell
Drool...

Quote:
Mirax Group stated that it will need $100 million to complete the project at the current height (with the floor reduction). Total complex cost is around $530 million, so I'm guessing they'll need around $250 million to finish the project as intended.
That's a bargain if you ask me
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #2754
BennyYarnell
Drool...

Xombie, are you on vkontakte?
Old January 29th, 2010, 09:08 PM   #2755
tmac14wr

Quote:
Wow! That's ridiculously cheap! We were supposed to get a pair of towers in Boston that were going to be 65 and 45 stories and they were going to cost about $1.2 billion! Even though the developer is blackmailing the government and primary bank, hopefully they will loan the money at the desired 12% rate. It's a dirty move by the developer, but this is a project significant enough to make sure it is done right.

Are there tenants for this building already or is it built purely on speculation? If they've already got tenants, that should make getting ths 12% loan more realistic since they've already shown they're going to see immediate cash flow from the project.

Last edited by tmac14wr; February 3rd, 2010 at 06:23 AM.
Old February 8th, 2010, 04:05 AM   #2756
Remski

Likes (Received): 1225

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Great picture! Do you perhaps know from where this photo has been taken? Is it accessible for tourists (just wondering, since I will be visiting Moscow in July this year).
Remski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2010, 09:03 PM   #2757
Brad
voyageur

Likes (Received): 4155

This photo was made from the residencial house N26 on Novy Arbat street. It's not very easy to get there. But now we have a better opportunity to see a similar (better) view from the LOtte Plaza top floor, Kalinka bar/restaurant is situated there.
Lotte Plaza is situated at the intersection of Novy Arbat and the Garden Ring/
The photo was taken from Lotte Plaza last fall.

Old February 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #2758
Remski

Likes (Received): 1225

Thanks a lot for your help! I really appreciate it and can't wait to visit your beautiful city!
Remski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 02:10 AM   #2759
timo9
11 YEARS HERE!

Likes (Received): 2057

a great project for a great city
timo9 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2010, 03:36 AM   #2760
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

i see 8 tall skyscrapers in that area....*interesting orange color at that tower...??
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mibc, moscow, spire