daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:49 AM   #1
mr_storms

Likes (Received): 4

San Francisco:One Rincon Hill (55F/186m,45F142m)

Twin residential towers in SF. Sorry render isnt that big, is the best I could find.
Ground has already been broken, but the buildings were temporarily put on hold due to concerns about earthquake stability

from SF developement thread http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...&page=21&pp=20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 612bv3
SAN FRANCISCO
Rincon Hill towers get permits after OK for seismic safety
Huge residential project finally passes city scrutiny

- Charlie Goodyear, Chronicle Staff Writer
Wednesday, March 1, 2006

The developer of what will be the tallest residential towers in the fast-growing Rincon Hill neighborhood South of Market near San Francisco's waterfront has obtained final permits to construct the two towers at One Rincon Hill.

"One Rincon Hill is a special building because of its height and how that will punctuate the City skyline," developer Michael Kriozere said in a written statement Monday. "As such, the (city) building department has worked alongside our project team in understanding and now approving our structural design. We have enjoyed working with the building department throughout this process."

The One Rincon Hill towers at First and Harrison streets -- one rising 55 stories and the other 45 stories -- would be the first in the city to use a construction technique that provides most of the buildings' strength from a central concrete core.

Although a panel of experts convened to advise the city had approved the project's engineering, city building inspectors wanted additional assurances that the towers could ride out a large quake without collapsing and also could remain habitable after the shaking stops. Inspectors said in December that they are confident the development meets state and city safety standards.

The city's Department of Building Inspection issued the final construction permits this month, and they became effective Friday after a 14-day waiting period.

The city Planning Commission approved the project Aug. 8, three days after the Board of Supervisors passed an overall development plan for Rincon Hill that embraces such towers.

Kriozere has agreed to pay $20 million into a city affordable-housing fund and $18 million toward community improvements and other programs that are supposed to address negative economic impacts that the project could have on low- and moderate-income South of Market residents.

One Rincon Hill's taller tower would contain 376 condominiums, and the other tower would house 319 luxury condos. Units in the complex are expected to sell for as much as $1 million.

E-mail Charlie Goodyear at [email protected].

Page B - 4
URL: http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...AGIQHGFM11.DTL

Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2006, 08:56 AM   #2
Marky Mark

Likes (Received): 87

Jeepers , hope they aren't held up for tooooo long !

They will make a nice Impact on San Francisco's already beautiful Skyline !
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:08 AM   #3
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

Oh wow! those are sweet! hope theyd get built asap!
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:44 AM   #4
Oriolus
OzScrapers Moderator

Likes (Received): 1534

Nice. All the sources I've found say that the height of the taller tower is only 167.6m (or 550ft). I'm guessing you made a mistake because you've got it at 55 storeys like all the other sources?

Anyway they'll have quite an impact on the San Francisco skyline according to this little panoramo from the website

Visit me on flickr
Oriolus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:51 PM   #5
Robert Stark
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

There is such an akward gap on the skyline pic, but it will probably fill in soon.
Robert Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 11:45 PM   #6
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0kelitr0
Oh wow! those are sweet! hope theyd get built asap!
Yes, they are really nicely designed scrapers.

The taller tower will be the 6th tallest in San Francisco, after 1 proposed (the Transbay Terminal Tower) 3 already builts and 1 under construction (Millennium Tower).

BTW mr_storms, it's already under construction according to the link to Emporis posted below, so do either you or other San Franciscans have any construction pics to be posted in this thread?

For those interested, there is a CGI and another (not-so-great sketch) render on 1 Rincon Hill that can both be enlarged @ One Rincon Hill - There is a little more information on the project in this link to Emporis too.

Thanks mr_storms

Last edited by Muse; March 3rd, 2006 at 11:53 PM.
Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 12:38 AM   #7
weird
vagamundo

I think they're so far of the downtown.
weird no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 01:38 AM   #8
Robert Stark
BANNED

Anything proposed that will be the tallest?
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #9
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriolus
Nice. All the sources I've found say that the height of the taller tower is only 167.6m (or 550ft). I'm guessing you made a mistake because you've got it at 55 storeys like all the other sources?

Anyway they'll have quite an impact on the San Francisco skyline according to this little panoramo from the website

Wow, that expands the skyline. Good to see.
Old March 4th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #10
Muse
Supernature

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stark
Anything proposed that will be the tallest?
You obviously didn't read my thread I just posted above.

It will be the Transbay Terminal Tower, a mixed use scraper @ 265.2m/870ft to roof, 282m/925ft to spire & antenna.

Here a link to see a drawing (render) of it Transbay Terminal Tower

...and another link to see how it measures up to other scrapers in San Fran: Transbay Scraper Comparison <--- BTW The taller One Rincon Hill scraper hasn't been included on this page yet.

Also it is the tall slender building towards the back in this San Fran masterplan diagram. The One Rincon Hill scrapers are the highlit bluish-white scrapers furthest to the right.

Muse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #11
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3670

Good looking project!!!, Atlease something new for SF>

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2006, 10:11 AM   #12
robertee

Likes (Received): 1102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muse
You obviously didn't read my thread I just posted above.

It will be the Transbay Terminal Tower, a mixed use scraper @ 265.2m/870ft to roof, 282m/925ft to spire & antenna.

Here a link to see a drawing (render) of it Transbay Terminal Tower

...and another link to see how it measures up to other scrapers in San Fran: Transbay Scraper Comparison <--- BTW The taller One Rincon Hill scraper hasn't been included on this page yet.

Also it is the tall slender building towards the back in this San Fran masterplan diagram. The One Rincon Hill scrapers are the highlit bluish-white scrapers furthest to the right.

All of these drawings and renderings for the Transbay Tower are just conceptual designs........the TJPA will most likely be calling for a design competition some time in future....
robertee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 12:32 AM   #13
Robert Stark
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertee
All of these drawings and renderings for the Transbay Tower are just conceptual designs........the TJPA will most likely be calling for a design competition some time in future....
Old March 6th, 2006, 11:59 AM   #14
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 762

That's nice project, SF's skyline will be changed by those awesome towers.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2006, 08:21 PM   #15
Marco Polo

cool stuff!!!
Marco Polo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 07:49 AM   #16
Jose Luis
Skyscraper

Likes (Received): 44

Sounds neat!
Jose Luis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2006, 09:08 PM   #17
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 7

i love sf :-)
Old March 15th, 2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 762

good for Sanfran to have something new.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #19
jchernin

Likes (Received): 535

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stark
There is such an akward gap on the skyline pic, but it will probably fill in soon.
not for long!

i agree that the gap is aWkward, but the rincon hill area will fill in nicely with those "light bluish" highrises. in the not-to-distant future it should look like a continuous "wall" of scrapers. there are two other major tower projects in the area that are CURRENTLY already under construction: the millenium tower (NOT to be confused with the transbay tower mentioned previously), and 300 spear street (another project featuring 2 towers!), not to mention all the other approved and proposed projects (200 fremont, transbay tower etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by weird
I think they're so far of the downtown.
the whole point of developing the rincon hill area into a high-rise neighborhood is because of its proximity to downtown. it doesnt look close in the pix, but it really is. besides having access to downtown transportation (transbay terminal busses, caltrain, muni light rail and bart) theres access to all other amenities in SOMA: yuerba buena, SFMOMA, shopping, ballpark etc. besides, the city is small enough so that u can pretty much walk anywhere if u really have to.

its not like these towers are being built in isolation. these towers will act as a landmark for sf's 1st real high-rise residential neighborhood. i cant wait to drive across the bay bridge and seeing those two towers completed!
jchernin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM   #20
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1377

Pretty nice, the city becomes in the course of time better. I hope the construction will begin in the nearest future
Skyman no está en línea   Reply With Quote