daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 17th, 2011, 01:41 PM   #1321
fred2269
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

The way the Costanera Center stands out against the mountainous background is truly spectacular.

fred2269 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:02 PM   #1322
Javier
Arquitextualizado
 
Javier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Santiago
Posts: 6,965
Likes (Received): 3609

More Pictures:
Más Imágenes:

This is the way it looks from the Alameda avenue near Santa Lucía hill
Así se ve desde la Alameda a la altura del Cerro Santa Lucía


From / Desde Andrés Bello


Views from several POV / Vistas desde distintos ángulos














Tower 4 and its progress in the installation of CW.
The remaining tower crane it is getting dismantled.
Torre 4 y su avance en el muro cortina.
Ya están desmontando la grúa que quedaba.





Views from distant POV
Vistas de conjunto a distancia



















Saludos
Javier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:08 PM   #1323
khoojyh
No more world war !!!
 
khoojyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Posts: 1,635
Likes (Received): 51

[QUOTE=Jex7844;81183016]

What a scenery...

WOW !!!
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:28 PM   #1324
testdrive
Registered User
 
testdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: North Bend
Posts: 3,420
Likes (Received): 1188

Stunning..............wide blvds., beautiful backdrop, and now impressive towers. This is truly a gem for Chile and all of Latin America.
testdrive no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #1325
QuarterMileSidewalk
Laissez-Faire Forever!
 
QuarterMileSidewalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Fontana, California
Posts: 261
Likes (Received): 11

I wanna see more cladding! The small bit already there looks soooooo good.
QuarterMileSidewalk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:39 PM   #1326
miau
In the brig
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,257
Likes (Received): 5312

Quote:
Originally Posted by testdrive View Post
Stunning..............wide blvds., beautiful backdrop, and now impressive towers. This is truly a gem for Chile and all of Latin America.
On the downside there is a thick smog above the city.
miau no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 01:51 PM   #1327
King of Construction
skyscraperized
 
King of Construction's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kelpen-Oler
Posts: 801
Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
More Pictures:
Más Imágenes:

This is the way it looks from the Alameda avenue near Santa Lucía hill
Así se ve desde la Alameda a la altura del Cerro Santa Lucía



Saludos

Holy crap, this pic makes those mountains look like the heighest in the world, nice zoom-in effect.
__________________
As finishing touch, God created the Dutch

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 05:16 PM   #1328
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally
 
KillerZavatar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Düsseldorf
Posts: 11,330
Likes (Received): 8230

the beginning of the cladding looks very very similar to the other skyscraper that is on those pictures, so it may look like a big brother when completed
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2011, 11:42 PM   #1329
Samontab
Registered User
 
Samontab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 793
Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
the beginning of the cladding looks very very similar to the other skyscraper that is on those pictures, so it may look like a big brother when completed
They'll change it all out. They ordered a whole new batch from the US.
Samontab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:28 PM   #1330
Kurtkoto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Construction View Post
Holy crap, this pic makes those mountains look like the heighest in the world, nice zoom-in effect.
actually, if there would not be any Himalaya, they'd be the highest on earth. Aconcagua with 7000 meters is not very far away from Santiago, its 70kms behind the mountains you see on that pic.
Kurtkoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:35 PM   #1331
bamz..
Registered User
 
bamz..'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 863
Likes (Received): 14

Wooow great mountain !!
bamz.. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 03:37 PM   #1332
Kurtkoto
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 57
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by miau View Post
On the downside there is a thick smog above the city.
oh really??? Tell me something... Deutschnörgler.
If Berlin would be surrounded by THAT mountains, it wouldn't look any different.



Enviromental restrictions in Santiago are the toughest in whole Latinamerica, and has the newest "car population" in same region, but certain geographical circumstances simply limit the effect on what you can do against pollution. You simply can't ban cars in a modern 7 million city.
Kurtkoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2011, 07:52 PM   #1333
Samontab
Registered User
 
Samontab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 793
Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtkoto View Post
oh really??? Tell me something... Deutschnörgler.
If Berlin would be surrounded by THAT mountains, it wouldn't look any different.



Enviromental restrictions in Santiago are the toughest in whole Latinamerica, and has the newest "car population" in same region, but certain geographical circumstances simply limit the effect on what you can do against pollution. You simply can't ban cars in a modern 7 million city.
A lot more could be done though. Lets not kid ourselves.
Samontab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 01:28 PM   #1334
christos-greece
Moderator!
 
christos-greece's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 173,715
Likes (Received): 240516

The beginning of the cladding on the small building is going very nice, but for Costanera tower what's going on? What the waiting for or there is a problem who dont know (about the cladding)?
__________________
Urban Showcase: Athens Kalamata Trikala Thessaloniki
Cityscapes: Paris Barcelona Dubai, U.A.E. Monte Carlo, Monaco
General photography: Castles of France - Chateau de France and, since May of '08: Greece!
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:28 PM   #1335
kaiser_conce
Registered User
 
kaiser_conce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: San Pedro, Concepción
Posts: 2,982
Likes (Received): 1688

Quote:
Originally Posted by christos-greece View Post
The beginning of the cladding on the small building is going very nice, but for Costanera tower what's going on? What the waiting for or there is a problem who dont know (about the cladding)?
the architect didn't like how the "china's" cladding looks like, so they stop them and returned the glasses and asked a US company to make them. In a couple of months they will recive the new glasses.
__________________
desde Concepción, en el centro de Chile, no en el centro sur
kaiser_conce no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2011, 04:45 PM   #1336
Gendo
Registered User
 
Gendo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: SE Idaho
Posts: 1,548
Likes (Received): 77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Леонид View Post
wowwwwwwwww gorgeous Santiago!! you guys should bid some Olympic games ...
I agree.

Gendo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2011, 02:24 PM   #1337
Hassoun
Son of the cedars
 
Hassoun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 7,941
Likes (Received): 991

one of the most beautiful cities on earth love the tower, fits in perfectly
__________________
Lebanon, Gateway to the Sun, Doorway to man's Spirit !
Hassoun no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #1338
el_bebiduncho
Suruega
 
el_bebiduncho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Rancagua, Región del Libertador Gral. Bdo. O'Higgins, Provincia de Cachapoal, Chile
Posts: 3,132
Likes (Received): 1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser_conce View Post
the architect didn't like how the "china's" cladding looks like, so they stop them and returned the glasses and asked a US company to make them. In a couple of months they will recive the new glasses.
Glasses = Lentes... por si acaso.

_


That's right, they had an issue with the courtain wall sent from China, so now they have to order again to an US provider. We really hope it doesn't take any longer !
__________________
García Design||||||||
el_bebiduncho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 09:58 PM   #1339
bulgerhoog
Registered User
 
bulgerhoog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Rotterdam
Posts: 858
Likes (Received): 1181

Tian Shan and Pamir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtkoto View Post
actually, if there would not be any Himalaya, they'd be the highest on earth. Aconcagua with 7000 meters is not very far away from Santiago, its 70kms behind the mountains you see on that pic.
Tian Shan and Pamir let alone the Karakoram (K2) are still higher (7000/8000+).

Apart from that Santiago is looking great. Visited twice, lovely relaxed city .

Erik (from Holland; highest mountain 321 meters )
bulgerhoog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2011, 10:02 PM   #1340
Frank Einstein
the modern prometheus
 
Frank Einstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Arcore/Milano
Posts: 1,110
Likes (Received): 129

mhm.. not so good... a 300m long cylinder? Anonymous
__________________
Uffici Tecnici: si accetta solo l'ipotesi di un restauro conservativo per l'esterno (ovviamente con sostituzione di vetri e serramenti "in stile" e con applicazione di materiale isolante all'interno)
- ilCarlo
Frank Einstein no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
center, chile, costanera, costanera center, rascacielos, santiago, santiago de chile, skyscraper, supertall

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu