daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #21
ahmed_s

Likes (Received): 19

UP delete ur post against toronto plz.
ahmed_s no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:42 PM   #22
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UofT*
He Works in Pakistan and in numerous occaisions has defended Pakistan in a number of threads.

I wouldn't be too quick into thinking he doesn't know much about Pakistan.
Ohh really?

In the sweddish thread I remember him claiming that Pakistan did NOT have a free media. This is obviously and apprantly true. And if he works in Pakistan what company? Is he a foreigner? Is he a Pakistani?

Many questions can be raised even more so because he never visits the Pakistan section.

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 11:05 PM   #23
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPakistan
Ohh really?

In the sweddish thread I remember him claiming that Pakistan did NOT have a free media. This is obviously and apprantly true. And if he works in Pakistan what company? Is he a foreigner? Is he a Pakistani?

Many questions can be raised even more so because he never visits the Pakistan section.

I believe he's a Danish Citizen and was working in Pakistan for some Human Rights group, I don't think he is a frequent poster on the forum as well.

Regardless this is getting a bit off topic, A question though What are the estimated height of the building and the surrounding area?
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 12:11 AM   #24
Pedrillo

Likes (Received): 3

Impressive!!!
Old March 8th, 2006, 02:45 AM   #25
Zaki
Joi Bangla

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakboy
more info by m2sheikh
Pakistan will have the unique honour of hosting the tallest building in the
Middle East, Africa, Central, & South Asia, by the time of completion,
January 01, 2010
(if im not wrong, since burj dubai will be completed in 2012?). Zayed Centre's main tower is expected to have
approximately 60 floors and will be visible from across the border in
India.
Very nice looking tower. One thing though it won't the tallest. Dubai already has taller buildings than this project. Also Dubai is building many more towers taller than this project as is saudi arabia, qatar, kuwait, and bahrain and i believe India has some towers in line too. Also the burj dubai's completion date is 2008 not 2012.
Zaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 03:03 AM   #26
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

I trust the sheikh since he is actually involved in the project.

Old March 8th, 2006, 09:41 AM   #27
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Oh! My gosh, it's such a fascinating project. Is this the tallest one in Pakistan?
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:52 AM   #28
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Likes (Received): 6

United Pakistan, please relax.

First of all, I love Pakistan and the Pakistani people. I am saying that I doubt that it will look as nice as the rendering because it is being build in Pakistan, since the construction quality in Pakistan is generally poor.

I have lived in Lahore for 6 months, so I do know a bit about Pakistan.

Peter K
Albania Austria Belgium Bosnia Botswana Cambodia Canada China Costa Rica the Czech Republic Croatia Denmark France Germany Ghana Greece India Iraq Italy Japan Kashmir Kosova Laos Liberia Macedonia Malaysia Mexico Montenegro Morocco Mozambique the Netherlands Norway Pakistan Portugal Singapore South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Syria Thailand Tunesia Turkey the United Kingdom the United States of America Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:54 AM   #29
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

First of all, I love Pakistan and the Pakistani people. I am saying that I doubt that it will look as nice as the rendering because it is being build in Pakistan, since the construction quality in Pakistan is generally poor.

I have lived in Lahore for 6 months, so I do know a bit about Pakistan. I have hardly posted anything in the Pakistan section, because I would prefer to spend the short time I have here on the Canadian and Danish forums.

Peter K
Albania Austria Belgium Bosnia Botswana Cambodia Canada China Costa Rica the Czech Republic Croatia Denmark France Germany Ghana Greece India Iraq Italy Japan Kashmir Kosova Laos Liberia Macedonia Malaysia Mexico Montenegro Morocco Mozambique the Netherlands Norway Pakistan Portugal Singapore South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Syria Thailand Tunesia Turkey the United Kingdom the United States of America Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:40 PM   #30
ManchesterISwonderful
Sometimes I, fan-ta-sise

Likes (Received): 0

Looks fantastic. Hope it gets built.
ManchesterISwonderful no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 10:26 PM   #31
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

I have lived in Lahore for 6 months, so I do know a bit about Pakistan.

Peter K
So what if it is being built in Pakistan. You are now wrongfully generalizing that Pakistani counstruction quality is bad. I know a Pakistani soon to be architect who is more qualified to judge on something such as this and he has never told me counstruction quality was bad. Please stop generalizing.

Old March 9th, 2006, 12:18 AM   #32
some_stupid_nut

Likes (Received): 3

I think this looks great too! Wow! I like it a lot!

Is anybody else reminded of Libeskinds WTC complex design when they see this?!?!?!
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #33
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

When they said tallest in the middle east aswell that means the height must be over 355m since that's the height of the tallest of the emirates towers i think
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 09:36 AM   #34
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

UnitedPakistan:

In Pakistan, buidling maintenance is bad and projects hardly ever turn out as nice as they look on the renderings. Do not take this personal. I am not trying to insult Pakistan...

Peter K
Old March 9th, 2006, 09:56 AM   #35
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

The tower appears to be somewhere in between 200 meters and 250 meters.

I doubt its a 300 meter building, I don't know why but that's just my opinion.

The tallest building in Pakistan is around 111m? I think correct me if i'm wrong?, and that building too looked mighty tall in renderings before it got constructed.
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:29 PM   #36
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 2030

Quote:
UnitedPakistan:

In Pakistan, buidling maintenance is bad and projects hardly ever turn out as nice as they look on the renderings. Do not take this personal. I am not trying to insult Pakistan...

Peter K

that is rubbish, please give an example of one such project if you think so.
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM   #37
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Well, take a look on some of the plazas on Gulberg Main Boulevard. Quite a bit of them were almost complete when I lived in Pakistan and didn't turn out nearly as nice as on the renderings.

And for instance, look at the sad state that the Shah Faisal Masjid is in. Such a beautiful building should be well maintained, but unfortunately looks very run down.

Peter K
Old March 9th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #38
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Well, take a look on some of the plazas on Gulberg Main Boulevard. Quite a bit of them were almost complete when I lived in Pakistan and didn't turn out nearly as nice as on the renderings.

And for instance, look at the sad state that the Shah Faisal Masjid is in. Such a beautiful building should be well maintained, but unfortunately looks very run down.

Don't misunderstand me. I am not trying to put down Pakistan, but simply stating that I hope that this building will be as glorious as the rendering.

Peter K
Old March 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #39
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 357

I dont know what you are trying to do by posting the same point over and over again.

But as far as construction quality goes, you are sadly mistaken. Please look at my thread on Karachi (in the signature), you will find many beautiful and well constructed buildings there. Also in Islamabad, a lot of the buildings in the Blue Area are new and are very well constructed.
Also, you need to take into consideration the fact that Turner International has been hired as builders and contractors. Now if they would end up doing a bad job (which I doubt) it would reflect more on the American firm than Pakistan.
Please stop your generalizations.
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 06:12 PM   #40
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 2030

Quote:

Don't misunderstand me. I am not trying to put down Pakistan, but simply stating that I hope that this building will be as glorious as the rendering.

Peter K

which plazas on main boulevard, auriga, pace, STC have all looked like there models. i have not seen any difference in them.

you must be talking about some $100 shopping mall, but for your information this is a $500,000,000+ project do you still think they will have the same construction quality?

and i dnt know what shah faisal mosque you are talking about, but the one in islamabad is in mint condition.

latest picture of faisal mosque
http://static.flickr.com/47/106182759_05d6432d36_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/46/106182760_28d0569206_b.jpg
http://static.flickr.com/38/86178561_e2e73e7e48.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/42/86178667_dbdef52cea.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/40/86178608_578cd2eced.jpg?v=0
http://static.flickr.com/19/88221246_ae069e4014.jpg?v=0

now tell me which sad state you are talking about.