daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 26th, 2009, 03:09 AM   #501
C-Carter
VIÑAMARINO DE (L)

Likes (Received): 16

those stations looks very stunning! congratulations!!
C-Carter no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:14 AM   #502
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
The important part of my post, again, read.

"But all that's not really important as you are trying to derail my initial point, which i repeated more than 5 times[...], onto something that I already adressed, which is that the seating disposition is up to the customer. And the passengers in munich wanted to keep more comfortable 4x4 seats instead of all side-seating only"

See, the seating has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I said, why I posted the pictures or what the point I was trying to make was. I posted them to show design and interior quality. That's all. And you keep jumping about how seating configurations don't fit the moscow metro, like that was the point of my post.
The guy on the shots is obviously very tall - 185cm+. But the point wasn't only about 4 rows seats. In 2 rows configuration you showed 4 standing places are occupied by rounding narrowing rows. This is also unacceptable. Moreover, in refurbished Em series there are no seats at the beginning of the each car at all (expanded area in removed cab). They have 6 less seats than 81-71x series. .1 modification of 81-72x series have 12 less seats - no seats on both sides of the car at all - only accumulation area.

Quote:
I don't understand the last part what you said, but the first part about "not much quicker" sounds not right. If a fire produces, lets just say, 5 cubic meters of smoke per second, and the wagon has a total of 150 cubic meters, then it will be smoked out complely in 30seconds, killing everybody inside, but if the wagon is openly connected to other wagons, the smoke won't stay in that one wagon but distribute on the ceiling into nearby wagons, so after 30seconds, the concentration of smoke in that particular wagon will be lower than if it was closed, and that could save people's lives. Understand what I mean?
I mean the smoke enough to kill people will fit the car even before will go outside to other cars.

Also old cars were made of very inflammable elements. So not only the smoke was the problem. Also cars without walkthrough feature are more operable. It takes less time to detach the car to replace it by another. Time is also very important in Moscow metro. But as I said 81-74x series (surface series) was experimental on this. There is the walkthrough area between coupled sections of the cars. The antifire system also unlocks doors between cars. 81-76x series are being made in two versions in the project. The final decision what to get into serial production will be made later.

Quote:
No, if a seat or trash can catches fire, an extinguisher will be good first-aid to put the fire out or supress it enough to get the people to safety and keep the fire from spreading out. But not if someone makes an attack, that's sure.
That's good, do you know how they work? I mean they can't just release oxygen killing gas as that would also kill people, no? Do they have some better system?
Sounds good in theory, but it doesn't work on practice. In other way there would be no such disasters. The fire and smoke are usually spreading very fast and not out of exterior. The antifire system detects and extinguishing the fire not only in passenger area, but controls all active elements under the car. It's a powder based system. But don't know what exactly.

There is an article on that. You can translate it with online translation tools.
http://www.mosmetro.ru/pages/page_0.php?id_page=378
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:28 AM   #503
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
The guy on the shots is obviously very tall - 185cm+. But the point wasn't only about 4 rows seats. In 2 rows configuration you showed 4 standing places are occupied by rounding narrowing rows. This is also unacceptable.
Don't you understand English? The distribution, number and placement of the seats IS NOT THE ISSUE.

It's starting to get funny after a while, no word on material, design and all the key points that I criticized, but instead you're winding yourself around the effing seat distribution for the 10th time, even though that was the specific wish of the MVG and has nothing to do with those points. The producer will make you a car without any seats if you want it, or with bunk beds, whatever you request.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:36 AM   #504
coth
pride leader

Complaining on language is not welcomed here. It's an international forum. If you don't want to understand my English, we can switch to Russian.

And this all comes down to configuration. Your seats are not nicer except one thing - the row is rounded. In all other point they are exactly the same. The wider box underneath seats is used for antifire and heating systems. But this box doesn't make it worse. Each seat is detachable to make it quickly replaceable. But it's also doesn't make it visually worse.

Last edited by coth; December 26th, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 09:07 AM   #505
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Amazing stations like allways, any ETA to reach 300 km of lines? t

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #506
coth
pride leader

May 2010. LDL central extension.
Old December 26th, 2009, 02:02 PM   #507
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2080

Still amazing to see that the modern stations are built like underground cathedrals, just like the first ones.

Coth: why do many - if not most - station names in Moscow end with "-skaya"?
Old December 26th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #508
coth
pride leader

adjective ending
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_grammar#Adjectives
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #509
Rail_Serbia

Likes (Received): 668

Quote:
a new smart card validator. just as a reminder - moscow metro is a driven system for contactless technologies. was first in europe to use smart cards and first major metro system to run fully contactless. for a long time it also operates on wifi.
Is that something like VAL? What means contactless?
Rail_Serbia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 03:29 PM   #510
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

"Contactless" just means that there is no direct physical contact between your ticket/smart card and the validating machine at the entrance.
Old December 26th, 2009, 05:18 PM   #511
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Quote:
Complaining on language is not welcomed here. It's an international forum. If you don't want to understand my English, we can switch to Russian.

And this all comes down to configuration. Your seats are not nicer except one thing - the row is rounded. In all other point they are exactly the same. The wider box underneath seats is used for antifire and heating systems. But this box doesn't make it worse. Each seat is detachable to make it quickly replaceable. But it's also doesn't make it visually worse.
After explaining it for the 10th time, I just have to ask that question.

Well I find them nicer as the backrest is higher and the ergonomically shaped, it really is more comfortable to sit in them after a hard day then it is on smaller chairs, but as I already said, that's not the issue, the seating, style of seat, placement of seat, size of seat etc.. is all up to the customer and not the question here. What I was talking about were other features such as lighting, material, ceiling, design (interior and exterior) etc...
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:50 PM   #512
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
"Contactless" just means that there is no direct physical contact between your ticket/smart card and the validating machine at the entrance.
To make it clear. It's not turnstile validator. It's the service validator, where you can check information about your card.
Old December 26th, 2009, 10:57 PM   #513
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Ah, right. We've got those in Amsterdam now, too
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #514
coth
pride leader

All 3 stations were opened today, including Myakinino. It was opened without cladding. Just empty walls with a small temporal granite line. Handrails on the bridge were installed just this morning. Staircase was partially finished just minutes before opening. But wasn't fully finished. Lots of service holes in walls. Volokolasmaya and Mitino fully finished. First is very nice, expect lamps.

shots taken by our forumers

Makzer

Myakinino

Volokolamskaya

Mitino

and MakZer with a head of Moscow Metro Dmitry Gaev
Old December 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #515
coth
pride leader

.quantum

Myakinino

original project, still planned.

Mitino

A bunch of officials

Moscow mayor.

Old December 27th, 2009, 04:13 AM   #516
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

absolutely beautiful!
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #517
anm
имярек

Likes (Received): 5820

photo by Alexandr Kotomin

http://www.lenta.ru/photo/2009/12/26/mitino/26_Jpg.htm

The last one is not finished yet, we are still waiting to for the final look... although it may not be too different from what we have now. The station was built with funds from private investor, financial crisis may result in simplification of design.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Воображаемый мир приносит вполне реальные выгоды, если заставить жить в нем других." Веслав Брудзиньский
anm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #518
evian

Likes (Received): 7471

«СЛАВЯНСКИЙ БУЛЬВАР (станция московского метро).» на Яндекс.Фотках

«СЛАВЯНСКИЙ БУЛЬВАР (станция московского метро).» на Яндекс.Фотках

«ВОЛОКОЛАМСКАЯ в день открытия.» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Открытие станции Митино, 26.12.09» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Метро, новые станции» на Яндекс.Фотках

Легкое метро в Бутово

«Легкое метро» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Станция легкого метро "Улица Горчакова". (18 12 09 11)» на Яндекс.Фотках

Станция деловой центр

«Станция метро "Деловой центр", ныне - "Выставочная"» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Москва. Станция метро "Деловой центр"» на Яндекс.Фотках

Посмотреть на Яндекс.Фотках

«Станция метро "Деловой центр"» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Станция "Деловой центр"» на Яндекс.Фотках
Бесконтактная оплата

«Открытие новых станций Московского метрополитена» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Славянский бульвар» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Новинка московской подземки» на Яндекс.Фотках

«МОСКОВСКОЕ МЕТРО.СТАНЦИЯ "СТРОГИНО"» на Яндекс.Фотках

monorail

«Московский монорельс» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Московский монорельс - станция " улица Академика Королёва"» на Яндекс.Фотках

«Московский монорельс 3» на Яндекс.Фотках
evian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:25 PM   #519
HenriqueBSB

Likes (Received): 6

These aren't subway stations, these are galleries!
HenriqueBSB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #520
ruslan33

Likes (Received): 333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alargule View Post
Ah, right. We've got those in Amsterdam now, too
Ov-chipkaart ?
ruslan33 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway