daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #781
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7092

del.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; August 17th, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2010, 07:12 AM   #782
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5745

They should just rename it Maryinskaya Line since it goes from Mar'ina Roshcha (Mary's Grove) to Mar'ino (Mary's Village).

Moscow proves once again that it knows how to do subway architecture. Shanghai might have a larger network, but the stations there are carbon-copies of each other with glass doors keeping the passengers from the tracks.

Where else in the world but Moscow will you find a station that celebrates an author complete with illustrations from his various books?

Anyone who does not like Dostoyevskaya station is an IDIOT and deserves all the CRIME AND PUNISHMENT that is coming his way.
Woonsocket54 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 09:54 AM   #784
evian

Likes (Received): 7471

evian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 10:20 AM   #785
vartal
Registered...

Likes (Received): 4542

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
They should just rename it Maryinskaya Line since it goes from Mar'ina Roshcha (Mary's Grove) to Mar'ino (Mary's Village).
Yes is not present, nobody will be so a line to rename as the line will develop further on the north and the south. It also carries the present name not on stations, and on radiuses on which it will extend.
vartal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 12:57 PM   #786
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101491

2 new stations were opened today>

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 01:35 PM   #787
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6985

Не надо в эту тему флудить фотками. Для этого специально отдельная есть.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1154387
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:34 AM   #788
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101491

Я выложил фотографии туда, куда их надо было выложить - так как тема основная. Кто там что ещё создал, я не видел и в общем-то не собирался искать.

И повежливее, пожалуйста. Это не флуд.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 12:54 AM   #789
AlekseyVT
BANNED

del.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; August 17th, 2010 at 09:12 AM.
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:00 AM   #790
deasine
=)

Likes (Received): 57

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
I agree - I also don't understand why it was necessary to create a new special thread for this (it's not doing for the opening stations of the other world metropolitens). The new thread will be lost among other threads or delete after two months, but the main thread will be on-line and will be easier to find photos from the opening.
The new thread was requested by coth so that discussions of the current metro won't interfere with the extension discussion and photos. It will be re-merged back into this thread later on.
deasine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:18 AM   #791
coth
pride leader

Moscow Metro and Nokia to fully implement NFC support by the end of 2010.
Originally Nokia and Moscow Metro announced it back in 2007. It was implemented on a single station. But crisis postponed it a little bit. Now Nokia announced to add NFC support to all new smartphones and Moscow Metro will implement support on entire network.

http://www.rian.ru/society/20100618/247815969.html
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:26 AM   #792
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
Я выложил фотографии туда, куда их надо было выложить - так как тема основная. Кто там что ещё создал, я не видел и в общем-то не собирался искать.

И повежливее, пожалуйста. Это не флуд.
А искать надо - правила такие.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
I agree - I also don't understand why it was necessary to create a new special thread for this (it's not doing for the opening stations of the other world metropolitens). The new thread will be lost among other threads or delete after two months, but the main thread will be on-line and will be easier to find photos from the opening.
Это временно. Чтобы сообщения и статье не терялись среди многочисленного фотофлуда. Потом, через несколько недель, когда популярность темы сойдёт её можно будет влить и сообщения не будут накрывать новые - они кажутся на предыдущих страницах. В любом случае отдельная фототема нужна. Ибо тут всё заспамлено уже так, что читать последовательно сообщения невозможно, а прокутить одну страницу занимает вечность. Всё было бы хорошо, если бы их не объеденили и всё было бы хорошо если бы из исторической темы по метро пошла бы фототема. Но теперь в трейтий раз заново.
Old June 21st, 2010, 07:20 PM   #793
AlexisMD

Likes (Received): 677

ребята не ругайтесь
AlexisMD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 06:33 PM   #794
C-Carter
VIŅAMARINO DE (L)

Likes (Received): 16

beautiful stations, but I think they could look even more beauty with some newest trains!
C-Carter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2010, 07:39 PM   #795
AlekseyVT
BANNED

del.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; August 17th, 2010 at 09:14 AM.
Old June 26th, 2010, 07:01 PM   #796
coth
pride leader

81-76x series.
Nobody denies exterior is ugly, but it was a quick solution. So please no yet another spamming comments about exterior. I personally hope .1 modification will have a completely revamped body and exterior design.

Last edited by coth; June 26th, 2010 at 11:21 PM.
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #797
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

I don't find it that ugly anymore, the interior looks alright as does the exterior, I just expected a big more of a revolution, some bigger changes. But I think it's not possible to make a drastic change since they probably still use the "old" tooling for the body, which doesn't allow them to completely change the body design as that would probably require new tooling and would drastically increase production costs and would make the trains too expensive, which is a big no-no for big metro systems like Moscow's and Russia's, where hundreds of trains have to be replaced, it just gets tooo expensive. Munich Metro's new trains may look extra-fancy, but what worth is it when they can only afford 6 or 9 of them and still have to use the hundreds of old ones from the 70's and 80's. So looking at it from that perspective, I'd rather have nice new trains like Moscow even if they are not radically "modern" and fancy. As it can be seen that they improve everything they can do on the "old" body-style and modernize everything in and on them. I like the door buttons and the door-brake if something is caught in them, the LED-line which shows at which station you are on, the cameras, ceiling and air-vent seems to be good as well, lights and the handles look good, cockpit is also up-to-date. Maybe they should've sacrificed 1 seat per line to make a bigger "square" for standing at the entrance, so more people can stand between the doors, would increase passenger capacity. But otherwise very decent.

But I don't know about the technical part, the engine, transmission etc..., everything underneath the body, is it completely new or is it also just a modernization of the 740?
How do you mean "a quick solution"? Is this train complete new developement from scratch, or based on the earlier trains and just modernized and improved?
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:15 PM   #798
vartal
Registered...

Likes (Received): 4542

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post
I don't find it that ugly anymore, the interior looks alright as does the exterior, I just expected a big more of a revolution, some bigger changes. But I think it's not possible to make a drastic change since they probably still use the "old" tooling for the body, which doesn't allow them to completely change the body design as that would probably require new tooling and would drastically increase production costs and would make the trains too expensive, which is a big no-no for big metro systems like Moscow's and Russia's, where hundreds of trains have to be replaced, it just gets tooo expensive. Munich Metro's new trains may look extra-fancy, but what worth is it when they can only afford 6 or 9 of them and still have to use the hundreds of old ones from the 70's and 80's. So looking at it from that perspective, I'd rather have nice new trains like Moscow even if they are not radically "modern" and fancy. As it can be seen that they improve everything they can do on the "old" body-style and modernize everything in and on them. I like the door buttons and the door-brake if something is caught in them, the LED-line which shows at which station you are on, the cameras, ceiling and air-vent seems to be good as well, lights and the handles look good, cockpit is also up-to-date. Maybe they should've sacrificed 1 seat per line to make a bigger "square" for standing at the entrance, so more people can stand between the doors, would increase passenger capacity. But otherwise very decent.

But I don't know about the technical part, the engine, transmission etc..., everything underneath the body, is it completely new or is it also just a modernization of the 740?
How do you mean "a quick solution"? Is this train complete new developement from scratch, or based on the earlier trains and just modernized and improved?
Is this train complete new developement from scratch.
vartal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #799
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MareCar View Post

How do you mean "a quick solution"? Is this train complete new development from scratch, or based on the earlier trains and just modernized and improved?
This is a new train. Modifications have .N numeration. Latest 81-74x modification is .4 featuring air conditioning, built-in in-car CCTV (first train with CCTV from factory, old trains were upgradeable), 6 doors and anti-jam system.

81-76x are classic metro cars (~20m long). 81-74x are two-section ~30m long with walkthrough between sections.

Quick solution because development of new rolling stock was almost halted during deep crisis and anarchy of 1990's. Some of busiest lines will require replacements very soon, but there is only 81-74x in development right now, which was originally made for lighter lines with smaller radius curves and with smaller capacity. More over 81-74x is not compatible with standard 162m long stations built for 8 classic cars. 6 81-74x cars wouldn't fit, while 5 81-74x cars are just about 145m long, so unable to fully utilize classic stations.

81-76x of course a scratch built train, but made with experience of 81-74x. It features a new chassis, new engine, updated electronics, updated air conditioning, updated interior with updated information system (LED string in the middle of car and small displays above every door at live line map). What is really new to Moscow Metro is the button to open doors. As said to save energy. It will only work somewhere after midnight of course.

Last edited by coth; June 27th, 2010 at 12:51 AM.
coth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 02:50 AM   #800
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

Okay, thanks for the great explanation. I always thought 74x were normal size.

So the 76x is completely new generation, that's great, have they released any numbers on how much better they are compared to 74x or other older trains, like in energy consuption, noise, acceleration, braking distance, suspension etc.. ?

I always thought it was an upgraded 72x or 74x. So what is the 72x then, is it a subway train with normal size or is it just a rail-bus with electric propulsion, able to drive in the metro?
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway