daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 25th, 2006, 01:47 AM   #101
WroFanatyk
investmap.pl

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
not true. In London we stand with our backs to the door. These crazy Japs looking outward makes no sense. We don't have these 'packer' staff either and hopefully Transport for London wont see this vid!
Maybe U're write. I've never been to London

I was thinking about movie

InvestMap.pl- inwestycje, budownictwo, nieruchomości
InvestMapp.pl- Apka do dodawania zdjęć inwestycji budowlanych na Androida
InvestPhoto.pl- dzienniki budowy, fotorelacje inwestycji z ziemi i powietrza, profesjonalne zdjęcia wnętrz
WroFanatyk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 25th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #102
kub86
Twinkie

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob View Post
not true. In London we stand with our backs to the door. These crazy Japs looking outward makes no sense. We don't have these 'packer' staff either and hopefully Transport for London wont see this vid!
That's odd...why would you have your back to the door? In every metro I've been in, we stand facing it so when it opens you can just get right out!!
kub86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #103
adsr

Likes (Received): 0

The deep level trains in London are very tubular and if you are standing at the door you have to tilt your head inwards out of the way of the doors. And its easier to tuck your head in forwards (ie facing inside the train) than tilting backwards (if you were facing the door)
adsr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #104
monkeyronin
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґơɲiɲ

Likes (Received): 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by kub86 View Post
That's odd...why would you have your back to the door? In every metro I've been in, we stand facing it so when it opens you can just get right out!!
I often stand with my back to the door, so I can lean against it. but maybe thats just me
monkeyronin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 07:01 AM   #105
CompleteSentence
Map Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyronin View Post
I often stand with my back to the door, so I can lean against it. but maybe thats just me
Dude, that's really unsafe. The doors could pop open at any time! People get yelled at about that on BART all the time.
Old December 15th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #106
TRZ
Welcome to the Rail World

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spsmiler View Post
That must be a city centre terminus station in Japan.
Shibuya station is nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilgamesh
How long is that stop????? Isn't it normally less than 2 mins worldwide?
The train is turning around at that station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
it's not a metro i think, but suburban train. in metro usual stops are 10 seconds.
Correct. Inokashira line is a bit of an inbetween line, but technically its commuter since it falls under Keiou's banner. However, the station in the video is a terminus, and it is terminal style, not a through-station. Shibuya is also one of the busiest stations in the world. In Tokyo it is third, behind only Shinjuku and Ikebukuro, the top two busiest in the world (all 3 serviced by JR on 3 lines on 4 tracks - Yamanote Line, Shounan Shinjuku Line, and Saikyou Line, the latter 2 service the 3 stations consecutively). Its design for transferring is also one of the worst I've seen given its traffic, but they are fixing some of those problems with the new subway opening there in less than 2 years from now - it will not solve any of Inokashira's problems though. It would seem like an obvious solution to have the Keiou Inokashira line run through-service on the Ginza line considering they are aligned appropriately within the station to make it semi-painless, but unfortunately they don't use the same track technology which makes it impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spongeg
don;t they also have separate train cars for women in japan since they got so crowded and they were always being groped
This is gaining increasing popularity. It is not applicable for all lines, but most of the REALLY crowded ones are doing this now. It's been a growing trend for about 2 years now. Some companies have it only applicable on certain trains (for example, the Odakyuu line only has women-only cars for express trains (excpetion: Tama Express and Section Semi-Express), not the local). The women only carriage (aka the "powder car") is almost always at the rear of the train, but it depends on the operator (Toei Subway Shinjuku Line uses the front car). The cars are only exclusive during the morning rush.

EXTREEEEEEEEEEEME transit geek
TRZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 01:02 AM   #107
monkeyronin
Mơמkƹ͛ƴ∆ґơɲiɲ

Likes (Received): 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteSentence View Post
Dude, that's really unsafe. The doors could pop open at any time! People get yelled at about that on BART all the time.
Well I don't think they could pop open at any time cause that would be pretty bad if the doors open in the middle of the tunnel! thats why I'd lean forward when the doors open, although I usually go to the side in the middle, as most stations on the line I take are on the side.
monkeyronin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2007, 03:20 PM   #108
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Strogino station.
taken by russos

follow the link to see all shots
http://russos.livejournal.com/312645.html#cutid1

Old January 22nd, 2007, 04:11 AM   #109
Marek.kvackaj

Likes (Received): 15

great new metro stations in Moscow
Marek.kvackaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2007, 05:56 AM   #110
Bitxofo
íViva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3667

What is the total length of Moscow metro now, please?
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allÝ. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM   #111
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Moscow metro Sretensky Bulvar station U/C

Quote:
Stretensky Bulvar (Russian: Сретенский Бульвар) is a future station on the Lyublinsko-Dmitrovskaya Line of the Moscow Metro. The construction, which began in the late 1980s, has frequently stalled as a result of continuous breaks in finances. Only in 2004 did proper funding resumed that has allowed it to finally finish the station. It is due to open in October 2007.

The station opening is long awaited as it will simultaneously allow transfers to two other lines: Chistye Prudy of the Sokolnicheskaya Line and Tugenevskaya of the Kaluzhsko-Rizhskaya Line. The projected passenger dynamics for the station are 10.8 thousand per hour on entry and 20.1 on exit. This will allow for a dramatic decrease on the Koltsevaya Line particularly the Komsomolskaya - Kurskaya path.
Text from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sretensky_Bulvar Photos from: http://russos.livejournal.com

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #112
FallenGuard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
Very cool Photo!
FallenGuard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2007, 04:28 PM   #113
Elmo

Likes (Received): 11

Awesome photo's!!!
Elmo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 01:31 AM   #114
coth
pride leader

a but late answer, but it's 278,8km right now.

some updates

Lublinskaya line.
Total length of section that should be completed this year is 3,72 km / 2 stations.

Trubnaya station
The station should be opened on the City Day (first weekend of september), but officials urge developers to complete it by july.

13 may 2007, made by russos
all shots could be found here
http://russos.livejournal.com/351190.html

Sretenskiy Bul'var
This station is located between Chkalovskaya and Trubnaya, but Sretenskiy Bul'var will be opened later this year - november-december. It will be completed in service.

late april update from official site

final design is not selected yet. they are going to build one part of the station in one design and another part of station station in another design. then they will select the final. first design is a hitech (metal) and second is classic (marble)

Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya line.
Total length of section that should be completed this year is 11,5 km / 2 stations (Strogino and Kuntsevskaya). Two stations are also under construction. One (Slavyanskiy Bul'var) will be opened next year. Second station (Troitse-Lykovo) is a perspective station.

here is map of completeled tunnels by april made by TKL from mymetro.ru forum.

Slavyanskiy Buil'var
This station will opened next year.

late april update by Axort from mymetro.ru forum
they are digging the ground and disassembling completed tunnels

Kuntsevskaya
Onground station. Planned to open in december. Old station of Filyovskaya line will be demolished.

8 may 2007 update by TKL from mymetro.ru forum

Strogino
The structure of station is almost completed. It will be opened together with new Kuntsevskaya station in december.

7 may 2007 by Dmitry Kasatkin

Old May 14th, 2007, 05:50 AM   #115
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Very nice station, very classy. How much did Moscow spend on this new subway line?
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 14th, 2007, 02:23 PM   #116
coth
pride leader

those are not new lines, those are extensions of present linesю

from what i know 1 kilometer of heavy metro cost in moscow $80mln in average.
Old May 14th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #117
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

The stations are built just like during the old times, which means they should make the people think they live in a rich country. I'm not saying they're not beautiful because they are, but it doesn't look right...
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 12:00 AM   #118
coth
pride leader

1. It's just very good taste.
2. Moscow is indeed enough rich city and with high level of life.
3. It's not an Russian economy related thread. There is a such in DLM. Please read it, you will find answers for your question right there.
Old May 15th, 2007, 01:35 AM   #119
kub86
Twinkie

Likes (Received): 10

Oh god i'm in love with Moscow stations....Gimme a palace anyday! I'm so happy they're keeping with tradition (ornate detailing, long escalators) on the newer ones. Cheap, functional stations isn't Moscow at all. I visited their newest station (victory park? peabody? I forgot the name exactly) which was decked in colorful gleaming marble and that station was absolutely fantastic. New Moscow likes to show off. Work it!
kub86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2007, 04:37 AM   #120
anm
имярек

Likes (Received): 5820

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebasepoiss View Post
The stations are built just like during the old times, which means they should make the people think they live in a rich country. I'm not saying they're not beautiful because they are, but it doesn't look right...
Your logic is interesting... It does not seem right to you to build nice-looking stations... You suggest that Russians should build station of cheap shitty design. Do I understand you correctly?

IMO, when subway stations are built to last - at least something in the country is done right.
anm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway