daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2011, 03:53 AM   #1321
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5752

I just looked at the Moscow Metro map at http://urbanrail.net/eu/ru/mos/moskva.htm. It looks like there's going to be a new station past Yugo-Zapadnaya called Troparyovo (Southwestern Station). The last time the Sokolnicheskaya Line got extended in that direction was in 1963.

It looks like this section involves extending the line south under Prospekt Vernadskogo to west of its intersection with Leninskiy Prospekt. The station apparently will be located next to 131 Leninskiy Prospekt in a high-rise bedroom community.
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2011, 05:17 AM   #1322
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCleverly View Post
OK, I'll bite - The Clock shows 11.39 and the 2.43 is what, the time until the next train?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
I will let AlekseyVT give a more detailed response, but I believe that measures the time since the previous train left the station, although at what exact point the clock resets I don't know (sometime between when the front car leaves the platform and when the tail car leaves the platform, or maybe even later).

Thus, while many cities have countdown clocks, Moscow has count-up clocks (although there are countdown clocks at Filyovskaya Line stations where outbound trains serve more than one destination).
Yes. The traffic in Moscow Metro is more dense than in the other world subway systems.

By the way, old trains are successfully operating in the conditions of such hard traffic.

Highcliff liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:31 AM   #1323
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Yes. The traffic in Moscow Metro is more dense than in the other world subway systems.

By the way, old trains are successfully operating in the conditions of such hard traffic.
And, an interesting quirk I've noticed in Moscow but nowhere else is that the doors of the train start opening one or two seconds prior to the train coming to a full stop, so that by the time the train is fully in the station and ready for passengers to enter and exit, the doors are already fully open. From one-way transfer corridors to reversible third escalators to advance-opening doors, the Moscow Metro has many innovative solutions to dealing with crush loads of passengers.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:38 AM   #1324
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
pics of interior for new trains ?
81-76x series should go serial production soon (with different color schemes). first line most probably going to be kalininsko-solntsevskaya line, 8
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=700
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=914

81-74x series in production since 2003, in various modifications used on lines 3, 4, 5 and L1 (those line using only 81-74x). circle line, 5, reported completion of replacement just yesterday. you can search yourself for more pictures.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=351
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%...741-inside.jpg
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:40 AM   #1325
coth
pride leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanCleverly View Post
OK, I'll bite - The Clock shows 11.39 and the 2.43 is what, the time until the next train?
2:43 is the time from last train departure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
It was meant as a joke, hence the smiley. But I think I still have a point. If you get worse trains after renewal I will suggest that you maybe got some trains of bad quality.
you missed my post if you still have a point. those trains produced in 1970's weren't bad. but new are not bad either. better than siemens, and on the level with alstom and rest. the only point here is that you can't replace all rolling stock just in a day, especially when there is no practical reason. london underground still have lots of trains produced in 1970's and 1980's. because they still work.
Old November 29th, 2011, 01:35 PM   #1326
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
81-76x series should go serial production soon (with different color schemes). first line most probably going to be kalininsko-solntsevskaya line, 8
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=700
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=914

81-74x series in production since 2003, in various modifications used on lines 3, 4, 5 and L1 (those line using only 81-74x). circle line, 5, reported completion of replacement just yesterday. you can search yourself for more pictures.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=351
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%...741-inside.jpg
Thank you

But excuse me they look so refurbished no?
In general new subways appear more modern than this one ?

Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 05:27 PM   #1327
coth
pride leader

no, you mixed up something. and it was already answered. it's big and busy system. you can't compare it to small systems with almost no passengers that built mainly just for city's image.

LU might be slightly more comfortable, but looks exactly the same, except seats, but their seats are not reliable. New NYC Subway trains looks same either, except seats again - they are less comfortable than Moscow. All same goes to Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing.
Old November 29th, 2011, 06:53 PM   #1328
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
2:43 is the time from last train departure

you missed my post if you still have a point. those trains produced in 1970's weren't bad. but new are not bad either. better than siemens, and on the level with alstom and rest. the only point here is that you can't replace all rolling stock just in a day, especially when there is no practical reason. london underground still have lots of trains produced in 1970's and 1980's. because they still work.
Fair enough.
But even if the old still works perfect, I think you will get an overall better cost and performance with new and modern fleet. But this is very expensive of course and that I can understand.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:14 PM   #1329
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge View Post
But this is very expensive of course and that I can understand.
Moreover, even if Moscow Metropolitan will have all necessary money, "Metrowagonmash" company can't produce 4000 new wagons within one year.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 29th, 2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:17 PM   #1330
AlekseyVT
BANNED

November 27, 2011. Reconstruction of tracks.

I allow myself to step back a little from the on-line. I think some of you heard that on 28th October Bolshoy Theatre opened after a six years of the large-scale renovation (for those who don't know: Bolshoy (Grand) Theatre is a Moscow theatre, one of the leading opera and ballet theatres in the world). The renovation included an improvement in the acoustics to restore it to the level of the pre-Soviet era as well as the restoration of the original Imperial decor. The restoration also repaired the foundation and brickwork. Also, there were made additional underground rooms for the artists. As result, the total volume was greatly increased.

However, due to additional underground rooms, passing Metro trains became to influence on acoustic of theatre. Therefore, during two weekends (November 19-20 and November 26-27) were made works for the protection from vibration. During four days, central part of Line 2 ("Belorusskaya" - "Novokuznetskaya") was closed for the passengers.

The sense of works - to put special mats under the rail sleepers. For this purpose, it's necessary to remove old rubble between the sleepers and replace it with new one after placing of mats.

The special mats for vibroprotection at "Teatralnaya" ("Theatre") station near Bolshoy Theatre:

Russos

Russos

The special rail fixings at the ordinary tracks:

Russos

The installation of those fixings was relatively simple work:

Russos

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 29th, 2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:23 PM   #1331
AlekseyVT
BANNED

But the works at the switch sections were much more difficult:

Russos

Removing of the old rubble:

Russos

Handworks:

Russos

Russos

Mats under the sleepers:

Russos

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM   #1332
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Among workers were students of the Moscow State University of Railway Engineering:

Russos

New rubble:

Russos

Really hard work:

Russos

Rails on the jackscrew:

Russos

Russos

Two layers of mats:

Russos

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:25 PM   #1333
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Short rest:

Russos

Russos

Russos

Russos

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:29 PM   #1334
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Russos

Russos

Russos

Russos

Russos

Old November 29th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #1335
Axelferis

Quote:
no, you mixed up something. and it was already answered. it's big and busy system. you can't compare it to small systems with almost no passengers that built mainly just for city's image.

All same goes to Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai and Beijing.
But you have examples in Europe of heavy systems with a beautiful and comfortable cars

Bombardier or Siemens, alstom have beautiful things we can see being developed.

But you can't nothing it's like this. I regret that the futuristic aspect of stations are too design advanced compared to rolling stock.

But very nice works in moscow
Old November 29th, 2011, 07:39 PM   #1336
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
But you have examples in Europe of heavy systems with a beautiful and comfortable cars

Bombardier or Siemens, alstom have beautiful things we can see being developed.
Could you determine - you need to ride in trains or to look at the beautiful facade? Beauty is relative thing, as we all know. And how those trains can be more comfortable in conditions of Moscow passenger traffic? In which aspect?

Old November 29th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #1337
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101524

Quote:
Bombardier or Siemens, alstom
Hah, you've hurt Alstom by spelling it with no capital letter.

Personally, I don't like Alstom out of three. They are noisy and not very smooth in comparison with the others.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

Highcliff, forumaniac, Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2011, 09:47 PM   #1338
Axelferis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Could you determine - you need to ride in trains or to look at the beautiful facade? Beauty is relative thing, as we all know. And how those trains can be more comfortable in conditions of Moscow passenger traffic? In which aspect?
I would rather use the term of "modernity" rather than beauty sorry:

Line E Paris RER:

Metro Line 14 Paris

Line 11 paris

Barcelona Line 9:

Old November 29th, 2011, 10:19 PM   #1339
AlekseyVT
BANNED

So you mean automated lines or trains? I agree that the automated line is cool, but you do not have a notion that is rush hour in the Moscow Metro. On busiest lines driver always effective than the mechanism because he responds better to an unforeseen situation. In additions, it's need to rebuilt old stations for installation of automated systems. But they plan to install this system at the stations of Third Interchange Contour - new line of Moscow Metro.

This location of seats never will optimal for Moscow Metro, because passengers have limited space for the standing and for passage between the seats:

Such options are better due to combined location of seats, but longitudinal seats never will welcomed in Moscow Metro. Vertical pillars are additional problems. Anyway, I don't understand why it look better than Rusich trains:

You can't understand simple fact - every trains should be designed for own Metro systems. And the trains, which normally working in medium-size European cities, not always will be effective in Moscow (the biggest city in Europe with second busiest Metro traffic after Tokyo). You can find design of trains more modern, but for me external image is tenth deal.
Old November 29th, 2011, 10:24 PM   #1340
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

You need to find a new "tenth deal" and stop your spam.

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway