daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 29th, 2011, 10:31 PM   #1341
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7092

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woonsocket54 View Post
You need to find a new "tenth deal" and stop your spam.
Yes. It is useless to discuss with people who do not have any submission about the subject of conversation.

Good night!

Highcliff liked this post
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2011, 11:43 PM   #1342
Northridge

Likes (Received): 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
"Metrowagonmash" company can't produce 4000 new wagons within one year.
Where have you read that "Metrowagonmash" needs to produce it within a year?
Not from me I hope.

Great updates btw.
Northridge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:20 AM   #1343
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
and what is so modern about this interior comparing to 81-740 and 81-760 series?
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:04 AM   #1344
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5752

Quote:
Yes. It is useless to discuss with people who do not have any submission about the subject of conversation.

Good night!
My comment was directed at the Frenchman, not at you. I should have checked that.

Anyway, those Paris trains look ugly and the rainbow seating is better suited for Miami or Honolulu.

Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:31 AM   #1345
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
And, an interesting quirk I've noticed in Moscow but nowhere else is that the doors of the train start opening one or two seconds prior to the train coming to a full stop, so that by the time the train is fully in the station and ready for passengers to enter and exit, the doors are already fully open. From one-way transfer corridors to reversible third escalators to advance-opening doors, the Moscow Metro has many innovative solutions to dealing with crush loads of passengers.
Doors opening before trains stop occurs on both LU and the Paris Metro. Although on the former it is not consistent and is dependent on the driver.

Also London has plenty of one way interchange corridors, and it has plenty of reversible escalators; these are not unique to the Moscow Metro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
LU might be slightly more comfortable, but looks exactly the same, except seats, but their seats are not reliable.
How exactly?
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 04:45 AM   #1346
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

never saw doors opening that quickly on LU. Beijing also has one-way corridors. Moscow is not too unique in these regards. I guess I'm basing my comparison to US metros.

In other news, it was announced 29 Nov 2011 that the station under construction on the southeast end of Line 2 (Brateyevo) will now be known as Alma-Atinskaya in honor of the former Kazakh capital:

source: www.interfax.ru/moscow/news.asp?id=218997

I now present some photos of Brateyevo/Alma-Atinskaya construction, posted today by liverjournal account russos, one of Russia's foremost metro bloggers.

source: http://russos.livejournal.com/891065.html

In his liverjournal entry, russos writes that he doesn't understand why there is a need for a metro station in this area. By curving the line back towards the city center, he writes, we defeat the opportunity to extend this line past MKAD (Moscow outer beltway). It is possible to connect the Brateyevo district by tram lines to Mar'ino or Krasnogvardeyskaya stations instead, he adds.

Old November 30th, 2011, 04:48 AM   #1347
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101525

Quote:
I would rather use the term of "modernity" rather than beauty sorry:

Line E Paris RER:

Metro Line 14 Paris

Line 11 paris
Oh please! Althoigh I almost love Paris metro, I find those trains one of the ugliest in the world. Anything modern about RER E trains? I really don't see. MP 89 are not either. MF-05, yes, it's nice and sleek.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

forumaniac, Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #1348
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampuking View Post
How exactly?
Easier to vandalize - more expensive and longer to replace
Old November 30th, 2011, 06:54 AM   #1349
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
I now present some photos of Brateyevo/Alma-Atinskaya construction, posted today by liverjournal account russos, one of Russia's foremost metro bloggers.

source: http://russos.livejournal.com/891065.html
Many thanks for update!

Quote:
In other news, it was announced 29 Nov 2011 that the station under construction on the southeast end of Line 2 (Brateyevo) will now be known as Alma-Atinskaya in honor of the former Kazakh capital
I should add, that it will made in the honour of legendary Panfilov Division, which was formed in Almaty. This division saved Russian capital from Nazis during Battle of Moscow 1941. Also, future station of second stage in Almaty will be named in the honour of Moscow.

Quote:
In his liverjournal entry, russos writes that he doesn't understand why there is a need for a metro station in this area. By curving the line back towards the city center, he writes, we defeat the opportunity to extend this line past MKAD (Moscow outer beltway). It is possible to connect the Brateyevo district by tram lines to Mar'ino or Krasnogvardeyskaya stations instead, he adds.
How I read in the comments to Russos's post, there must be built depot "Brateyevo" beyond the "Alma-Atinskaya" station. So, this station will be addition to the depot. Moreover, there is bad organiztion of transport communication - it's need to build bridge for the possible tramline.

By the way, Metro in Almaty (Alma-Ata) will be opened on December 1, in one day with Moscow stations. So, I congratulate our Kazakh neighbors in advance!

Old November 30th, 2011, 01:09 PM   #1350
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2246

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
and what is so modern about this interior comparing to 81-740 and 81-760 series?
I think you should come and test it. It's better when you use them

I i have the chance to visit moscow i 'll try to test yours

@AlekseyVt-> thank you for your precisions
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #1351
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
By the way, Metro in Almaty (Alma-Ata) will be opened on December 1, in one day with Moscow stations. So, I congratulate our Kazakh neighbors in advance!
It's seem that here I was wrong - according to latest information, stations in Moscow will be open on December 2, next day after opening of Almaty Metro. There will be regional elections on December 4. Therefore, according to law, pre-election campaigning will be banned on December 3 and December 4.

It's very sad to me - December 2 is my birthday. Therefore, I will be busy this day and I will no able to go on the opening

Old November 30th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #1352
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Quote:
It's seem that here I was wrong - according to latest information, stations in Moscow will be open on December 2, next day after opening of Almaty Metro. There will be regional elections on December 4. Therefore, according to law, pre-election campaigning will be banned on December 3 and December 4.

It's very sad to me - December 2 is my birthday. Therefore, I will be busy this day and I will no able to go on the opening
According to the latest news in Rossiyskaya Gazeta, Volgograd metrotram extension will open on 1 Dec 2011, one day prior to the Moscow opening.

http://www.rg.ru/2011/11/30/reg-ufo/...ram-anons.html

A flurry of pre-election metro openings this year in Russia (as usual).
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:15 PM   #1353
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
A flurry of pre-election metro openings this year in Russia (as usual).
No, it's unusual. I don't remember such situation during previous pre-election campaigns. Usually they want to open stations before New Year or other national holidays.

Old November 30th, 2011, 06:27 PM   #1354
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:

Here I agree with you. It always better to have personal exprerience.

I was been in Paris two years ago and used Metro few times. Unfortunately, I don't used automated Line 14 (I'm only visited station "Madeleine" to seeing Russian stained-glass "Ryaba ****" ). I don't took many attention on the type of trains, because there are many interesting places in Paris.

But my impression for the trips by Metro was negative. After long walking, I wanted to have rest in the wagons, but I could not do this. The problem what I'm tall guy and have some problems with my spine. The configuration of seats in trains was that I couldn't correctly fix my body, so it led to the pressure for my spin. In addition, my legs are also long, so it was problem to keep distance from the legs of passenger in opposite seat (who seated face-to-face to me).

Today, it hard for me to remember all lines, which I used in Paris. But I exactly used Line 7 (my hotel was near Cadet station) and line to Defense District. I really don't know how old is rolling stock at these lines and how better the trains at Line 14 or other lines, but my impression from the trip in these trains was bad.

As for other European cities - I was been in the subways of London, Madrid, Barcelona, Roma, Milano, Lisboa, Amsterdam. In general, I can't write something bad about the trains in these cities. But I didn't see any technical superiority of rolling stock in these subways comparing with new rolling stock in Moscow (although I didn't used automated line in Barcelona). For me, it's almost similar level. Of course, I can't say that Rusich trains are best in the world. But for me, it's good solution in conditions of huge traffic in Moscow Metro.

In general, this comparison of rolling stock was raised many times in SSC. I dislike such discussions, because it's long and almost useless deal. Therefore, I'm sorry that I wrote so many posts about this theme. Let's better come back to the actual news.

Old November 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #1355
_Night City Dream_

Quote:

@AlekseyVt-> thank you for your precisions
Well, I have had the chance to test it, being to Paris over 15 times. Paris trains are not "more modern" or more convenient or just more beautiful than Moscow Russiches.

Highcliff, forumaniac, Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:05 PM   #1356
_Night City Dream_

Alexey, it's not a ****, but a hen

I was in Paris in July and saw this panneau. Many pictures are to come but I'm very, very short of time. I should say, Paris entrance in Moscow is much more serious and interesting then this ugly Ryaba hen...

Highcliff, forumaniac, Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 30th, 2011, 08:17 PM   #1357
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
Alexey, it's not a ****, but a hen
Thanks for correction! I was really confused with translation

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
I was in Paris in July and saw this panneau. Many pictures are to come but I'm very, very short of time. I should say, Paris entrance in Moscow is much more serious and interesting then this ugly Ryaba hen...
It's matter of taste. Yes, Paris-style entrance at the "Kievskaya" station is really good addition to the architecture of Moscow Metro, but French artists were no original in this. They only made copy of existing entrances. For me, this stained-glass is really interesting and I'm not against to see copy of this at the one of future Moscow Metro stations (although there are almost no chances on this).

Just my personal opinion.

Old November 30th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #1358
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

same carbon copy design. Can you find any differences between Paris-style entrances in Chicago and Moscow?

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%...kaya-entry.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Va...n_entrance.jpg

Old December 1st, 2011, 01:48 AM   #1359
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by iampuking View Post
Doors opening before trains stop occurs on both LU and the Paris Metro
... and Montreal's fleets automatically, once speed decelerates to 0.72Km/hr (0.2m/sec).

Last edited by trainrover; December 1st, 2011 at 07:40 PM. Reason: speed and fleets corrected, plus automation
trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2011, 05:18 AM   #1360
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

Quote:
never saw doors opening that quickly on LU.
Seen it happen on all rolling stock apart from the 1996 Stock and the 1992 Stock. Like I said, some drivers open the doors quicker than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth
Easier to vandalize - more expensive and longer to replace
Never have I seen a seat vandalised in my two decades of using LU. I'm sure the benefits of comfier seats outweigh the greater chance of vandalisation.
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway