daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 15th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #121
Rebasepoiss

Likes (Received): 1819

Quote:
Originally Posted by anm View Post
Your logic is interesting... It does not seem right to you to build nice-looking stations... You suggest that Russians should build station of cheap shitty design. Do I understand you correctly?

IMO, when subway stations are built to last - at least something in the country is done right.
You didn't understand me correctly, but let's leave this topic clean of an arguement. You may talk to me in PM.
Rebasepoiss no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #122
Purple Dreams

Likes (Received): 20

I think the Moscow metro is the best in the world. It's a beautiful and very functional. I also think it's good that the new stations are also beautiful.

After taking the metro for a few times, the following phrase got stuck in my head. I don't have a Cyrillic keyboard so I hope it's understandable: "astarojna dver zakrevaetsa, sledoushaya stansia".
Purple Dreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #123
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6987

Trubnaya. entrance.
25th June by russos
http://russos.livejournal.com/362274.html

Kuntsevskaya.
27th June from official site
http://mosmetro.livejournal.com/21270.html

Few weeks ago construction of Maryina Roscha station was started. It's planned to open in 2009.
Old September 4th, 2007, 02:39 PM   #124
coth
pride leader

Trubnaya station, Moscow Metro

Few days ago Line 10 extended by 3,72km. There are two stations going to be on the extension. One, Trubnaya, has been opened on 30 august. Another one is planned to open in december.

1. Staying on Tsvetnoy Bulvar. Looking towards of passageway to Trubnaya station.

3. Coming down to station.

6. Station itself.

14. With numerical train (81-714/717.5x).

15. With Yauza train (81-720/721).

19. Details. Visitor's book table.

37. Inside of Yauza train.
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:02 PM   #125
RATP
Metro driver

Likes (Received): 0

Nice pictures! This station seems to be clean, maybe too much!
http://il-nosika.populus.org/rub/13
and http://lestransports.populus.ch/
RATP no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 03:06 PM   #126
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATP View Post
Nice pictures! This station seems to be clean, maybe too much!
it can't be too clean. some metro stations around the world are just too dirty moskow metro is just cool!:

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2007, 08:39 PM   #127
nastyathenian
Metrophile

Likes (Received): 709

Very well polished marbles! I’m glad to see that new stations are as beautiful as the old ones.
nastyathenian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:01 PM   #128
anm
имярек

Likes (Received): 5818

Thanks for great pics, coth!

The design is very conservative. I'd prefer something modern/hi-tech of the style that Moscow metro does not have, but I'll take this for now.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Воображаемый мир приносит вполне реальные выгоды, если заставить жить в нем других." Веслав Брудзиньский
anm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 06:22 AM   #129
CrazySerb
Vuk sa Ontarija

Likes (Received): 7677

Beautiful station, thank you very much Coth
I really like the decorative theme chosen, with all these beautiful Russian Orthodox churches
CrazySerb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 08:26 AM   #130
Hybrid 87
a.k.a. The King Arthur

Likes (Received): 525

I love the new stations in Moscow ... they aren't so fancy as the old ones ... but still not too simple
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:24 PM   #131
iampuking

Likes (Received): 43

It's a very nice station, it has a modern touch but hasn't ditched the classic design of the old stations.

I doubt the floor will look as shiney in a few years though...
iampuking no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #132
Urban Legend

Likes (Received): 2539

look how clean this station! it's amazing!
Moscow metro is the best in the world in my opinion.
by the way, how could you took photos? i know that people are not allowed to shot phptos in the metro. when i took my camera in one minute a police man came and told me that i can't film.

Jerusalem City of gold

Tel Aviv- City That Never Sleeps

My pics on Panoramio
Urban Legend no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 9th, 2007, 12:37 AM   #133
coth
pride leader

amateur photography is allowed in moscow metro, unlike in all other russian metro systems. filming and photography with additional professional equipment (flashes, tripods etc) is not allowed. just not all policemans know rules.
http://engl.mosmetro.ru/pages/page_0.php?id_page=79

if anyone tell you to stop shooting just tell him about 2.11.13 rule. it most of times it will help.
http://mosmetro.ru/pages/page_0.php?id_page=79

btw, you can do even filming and they can't do anything with you. according to rules, volation of 2.11.13 leads only to verbal reproof (point 1 of last section).
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:52 AM   #134
anm
имярек

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Lagend View Post
look how clean this station! it's amazing!
Moscow metro is the best in the world in my opinion.
by the way, how could you took photos? i know that people are not allowed to shot phptos in the metro. when i took my camera in one minute a police man came and told me that i can't film.
A policeman may have told you cannot take video, which would be correct - you need special written permission from metro authorities to film a video. I had this problem myself, but after assuring them I am only taking pictures I continued taking pics. You cannot use any special equipment like tripods (obstruction of traffic) or use flash. Just know your rights, be firm but polite, and have your documents with you - they have right to have you produce your ID, and if do not have one - take you to police station for identification, where they could technically keep you up to three days without inidicting in any crime. However, you would have to behave like ******* to provoke them to do this.

One thing that has worked for me several times - when I felt that police infringed on my rights - I pull out my notebook, a pen, and take down their names - first and last, number of their badges, etc., right down the time of conversation with them and whatever issue comes up between me and police. For this I ask them to produce their ID (they will not do it in US, just say - this is my badge number, but in Russia they will), and then copy info from it. They become very polite.
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"Воображаемый мир приносит вполне реальные выгоды, если заставить жить в нем других." Веслав Брудзиньский
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:55 AM   #135
anm
имярек

coth, what is the name of next station to be opened in December? Is it continuation of the same line?

Also, would you post these pics on SSP? In the transportation section?

Last edited by anm; September 11th, 2007 at 05:43 AM.
Old December 29th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #136
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2652

Strogino and Sretensky Bulvar near to finish, photos by Russos:

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:41 PM   #137
Yappofloyd

Likes (Received): 49

These stations are on Line 3 or 4??? When are they opening?
Yappofloyd no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 12:54 PM   #138
coth
pride leader

3 and 10
Old December 29th, 2007, 02:13 PM   #139
sarflonlad

Likes (Received): 68

I love the Moscow metro... well all of Moscow! It's a fantastic city.

I like these new stations. However, one partly expects new stations to try something new. The design seems very much consistent with the classical Moscow station design (which is fantastic, don't get me wrong). I think the designers and architects could have been brave and tried something new, but they didn't. In this respect I'm disappointed.

Again nice beautiful stations - but it doesn't challenge what people know about the Moscow metro. When I next go back, I doubt I'll walk in to these stations and think "Wow", but more "oh, ok, that's nice".
sarflonlad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #140
Alargule
Res Uder et Siger

Likes (Received): 2080

Once again amazing designs. Must be quite some experience visiting stations that haven't opened yet.

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway