daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #1701
XAN_

Likes (Received): 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aokromes View Post
I hope to, and i hope the new expansion to Moscow include express lines to center. (i think they can use cut and cover and put 4 rails there)
Well, there is an Iidea of building cut-and cover 2 track subway for exprees passengers and then building 2 tracks of rapid tram above that - http://slon.ru/economics/transport_b...o-827240.xhtml
-H. Kürsch, 2002
XAN_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:00 AM   #1702
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Likes (Received): 2657

I get "Произошел технический сбой." :/

Now works

I see the plans very interesting but with the knowledge of the big jams of Moscow idk if surface transport is a good idea.

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
I am Basque, not Russian, the "Siberia" thing is a joke.

Last edited by Aokromes; September 17th, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
Aokromes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:25 AM   #1703
_Night City Dream_

Likes (Received): 101836

Construction site of Lomonosovsky prospekt station. They're reorganising the directions of road traffic nearby and putting new asphalt coverage. According to plans, Michurinsky avenue will be closed for vehicle traffic letting only 902 Express Bus through.

Info:

«IMG_5155.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Expanding Lomonosovsky avenue, new asphalt being put right close to freshly planted flowers:

«IMG_5156.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5157.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5158.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Michurinsky avenue - downtown direction, the view taken southwards:

«IMG_5159.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

A new exit from Lomonosovsky avenue side way. Before, only a right turn was available:

«IMG_5160.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Temporary pedestrian crossing:

«IMG_5161.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

The side was is getting wider as well:

«Фотка» на Яндекс.Фотках

The traffic light right in the middle looks funny:

«IMG_5163.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Pedestrians have to cross Lomonosovsky avenue on a temporary passage:

«IMG_5164.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

More pics of the new exit from the side way:

«IMG_5165.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5166.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5167.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5168.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

17 .09. 2012.

My Baku / Мой Баку / 我的巴库

forumaniac, Zaz965 liked this post
_Night City Dream_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2012, 10:27 AM   #1704
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAN_ View Post
Yeah, that's totally true. But metro also have a number of extra passengers that travels a longer and less effective way through metro (like radial+ring+radial) because of congestions and lack of bus|trolley|tram separation.
I guess we can neglect this number. They're nothing in terms of the total number of passengers.

forumaniac liked this post
Old September 18th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #1705
XAN_

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Night City Dream_ View Post
I guess we can neglect this number. They're nothing in terms of the total number of passengers.
Your really shouldn't. Soviet-style 8-car meto can handle 60 000-70 000 passengers per hour, while tram, with proper track separation and traffic light priority can handle up to 20 000 passengers per hour. That's about 1/3... So you can attract those passengers, who need to travel one or two stations to the tram, so there will be more space for passengers who travel really far, or you can attract people for direct tram routes between two metro stations of different lines (easing congestion on transfer station). Trolley bus and bus can handle maybe up to 7 000 - again, on dedicated bus lanes.
-H. Kürsch, 2002
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #1706
gincan
Gincan

Likes (Received): 186

Quote:
While in Europe metros are generally not much "heavier" than buses and trams. There average speed is also comparable.
In denser cities like Paris, London, Rome och Barcelona the buses run at 11-12km/h on average, in less dense cities like in northern eurorpe say Berlin, they run at 13-14km/h on average.

There are as far a I know not any metrosystem in Europe that operate below 25km/h on average.
gincan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2012, 07:44 PM   #1707
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by gincan View Post
In denser cities like Paris, London, Rome och Barcelona the buses run at 11-12km/h on average, in less dense cities like in northern eurorpe say Berlin, they run at 13-14km/h on average.

There are as far a I know not any metrosystem in Europe that operate below 25km/h on average.
Well, in Paris there are lots of reserved lines for buses, so I guess they run faster. As of metro, in Moscow the average speed in metro is 41 - 42 km/h which is way more than 25...

Old September 19th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #1708
_Night City Dream_

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAN_ View Post
Your really shouldn't. Soviet-style 8-car meto can handle 60 000-70 000 passengers per hour, while tram, with proper track separation and traffic light priority can handle up to 20 000 passengers per hour. That's about 1/3... So you can attract those passengers, who need to travel one or two stations to the tram, so there will be more space for passengers who travel really far, or you can attract people for direct tram routes between two metro stations of different lines (easing congestion on transfer station). Trolley bus and bus can handle maybe up to 7 000 - again, on dedicated bus lanes.
When you say "Soviet metro cars" then say "soviet trams" and they are far from being able to ensure 20 000 passengers per hour. Once again, don't forget about the average speed. It's hard to compete with metro when it is 40 - 42 km/h.

Old September 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #1709
XAN_

Quote:
When you say "Soviet metro cars" then say "soviet trams" and they are far from being able to ensure 20 000 passengers per hour. Once again, don't forget about the average speed. It's hard to compete with metro when it is 40 - 42 km/h.
Firstly - I don't pretend that tram have greater capacity or speed than a metro - it doesn't. It can't take away most of metro passengers, but it can take away considerable share of them. A) When travelling for short distances (1-2 station) people are forced to go down all the way to platforms, and then up again (on deep stations that could be as long as the actual ride!) while on tram stop you just board the next tram. You can build a tramway or organise a bus/trolleybus lane between two stations of different radial lines, so some people wouldn't be forced to go via overloaded ring line.

Secondly, Soviet metro are superior in terms of its capabilities, and I don't see much space for improvement here, at least on existing lines (for reasonable price, at least), while soviet-style Moscow tram system still have a lot room for relatively cheap and effective improvements - like turnstile removal, restricting car access to the tram track, intellectual traffic lights... And then come more expensive measurs: reconstruction of existing lines and adding new, grade separation of critical tram nodes, better transfer-hubs from metro to tram (and vice versa). This measures require money, but that would be cheaper than building new subway lines parallel to existing or lengthening
-H. Kürsch, 2002
Old September 24th, 2012, 08:46 PM   #1710
_Night City Dream_

Communication network removal / moving at Lomonossovsky prospekt station construction site.

Throughout the square they have made holes like that:

«IMG_5221.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Pedestrian crossing across Lomonossovsky Avenue:

«IMG_5223.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Michurinsky Avenue:

«IMG_5224.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Lots of road signs. One that I didn't manage to take a picture of, said part of Michurinsky Avenue was going to close for traffic.

«IMG_5225.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

The park with Mahatma Ghandi monument. Didn't check if they'd removed it or not.

«IMG_5226.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Nice things and mud are neighbours:

«IMG_5227.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Temporary and permanent traffic marking:

«IMG_5228.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Welder:

«IMG_5229.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

«IMG_5230.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

Temporary pedestrian crossing:

«IMG_5231.JPG» на Яндекс.Фотках

24 .09. 2012.

Old September 27th, 2012, 06:06 AM   #1711
Kolony
Skyscraperman

Likes (Received): 240

I am so in love with the Moscow Metro!!!
I hope all it's projects are completed.

Last edited by Kolony; September 27th, 2012 at 06:26 AM.
Kolony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:26 AM   #1712
Kolony
Skyscraperman

Likes (Received): 240

On Line 3 Pyatninskoe Shosse in U/C and Rozhdestveno, a surface station is approved, and Maroseyka has been Approved.
On Line 10 the Maryina Roshca-Beskudnikovsky Extension is Approved.
On Line 2 Alma-Atinskaya Station is U/C along with TekhnoPark.
On Line 9 Zhulebino and Lermontovsky Prospect are U/C.
On Line 12 (L1) Bitsevsky Park, Ulitsa Staropotakovskaya, Ulitsa Ostafyevskaya, and Novokuryanovo are Approved.
Line 13 (Solntsevskaya) has been Proposed.
On Line 8 the Tretyakovskaya-Mitino extension has been Proposed.
On Line 6 Yakimanka has been Approved.
On Line 5 Suvorovskaya has been started but postponed.
If anyone else has info, please notify.
Thanks
Kolony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:36 PM   #1713
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6998

Rozhdestveno is years and years away from to be approved. It's only potential plan for a place of potentially future district. There are no plans to build it at the moment. Instead it they built Pyatnitskoye shosse closer to existent developed area.

Techno Park is no u/c at the moment

There is no such thing like Line 13 and Tret'yakovskaya-Mitino extension of Line 8. Line 8 is now going to Solntsevo. It is Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line. But not going at the moment. Currently it's being extended to Ramenki. Extension to Solntsevo is not in plans at all.

Currently U/C

Arbatsko-Pokrovskaya Line (3): Pyatnitskoye shosse
Zamoskvoretskaya Line (2): Alma-Atinskaya
Tagansko-Krasnopresnenskaya Line (6): Lermontovsky prospekt, Zhulebino, Kotel'niki
Butovskaya Line (L1): Lesoparkovaya, Bitsevky Park
TPK: Nizhnyaya Maslovka, Petrovsky park, Khodynskoye pole, Khoroshyovskaya, Shelepikha, Delovoy Center
Kalininsko-Solntsevskaya Line (8): Delovoy Center, Park Pobedy, Lomonosovky prospekt, Ramenki
Sokol'nicheskaya Line (1): Troparyovo
Lyublinsko-Dmitrovkaya Line (10): Butyrskaya, Fonvizinskaya, Petrovsko-Razumovskaya, Okruzhnaya, Verkhniye Likhobory, Seligerskaya
Old September 27th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #1714
Dwotci
Яegistered User

Likes (Received): 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolony View Post
On Line 3 Pyatninskoe Shosse in U/C and Rozhdestveno, a surface station is approved, and Maroseyka has been Approved.
On Line 10 the Maryina Roshca-Beskudnikovsky Extension is Approved.
On Line 2 Alma-Atinskaya Station is U/C along with TekhnoPark.
On Line 9 Zhulebino and Lermontovsky Prospect are U/C.
On Line 12 (L1) Bitsevsky Park, Ulitsa Staropotakovskaya, Ulitsa Ostafyevskaya, and Novokuryanovo are Approved.
Line 13 (Solntsevskaya) has been Proposed.
On Line 8 the Tretyakovskaya-Mitino extension has been Proposed.
On Line 6 Yakimanka has been Approved.
On Line 5 Suvorovskaya has been started but postponed.
If anyone else has info, please notify.
Thanks
This is some old info you've got there, Okay, let's see:

Line 3: Pyatnitskoye Shosse is u/c and is set to open at the end of the year, Rozhedstveno will not be built in near future, same for Maroseyka.
Line 10: Maryina Roshcha - Petrovsko-Razumovskaya - Seligerskaya extension is u/c, but many problems occur and it is rumored that one or two stations (of six new total) may be left unfinished and constructed some time later; official plans state 2014 as completion time for this project.
Line 2: Alma-Atinskaya is u/c and will probably open also at the end of the year. Tekhnopark is currently only in plans.
Line 7 (not 9): correct, Zhulebino and Lermontovskiy Prospekt construction is underway, also there are pland to finish the construction and open the station Spartak which has been constructed in the 70s without entrances and never opened.
Line L1: extension to Bitsevskiy Park is currently being constructed and is set to open in 2014, no official plans to extend south to Novokuryanovo exist.
"Line 13": the Solntsevskaya Line is now a part of a proposed Solntsevsko-Kalininskaya Line, which will incorporate the existing Kalininskaya Line, pass through the center of the city, the International Business Center, Park Pobedy station and the Ramenki District and then head for the Solntsevo District. Currently preparations for IBC - Park Pobedy - Ramenki section construction are underway.
Line 8: no plans for extending Kalininskaya Line to Mitino District exist, its fate is described in the previous paragraph.
Line 6: nothing on Yakimanka station is mentioned in the official plans. Extension to Chelobityevo and possibly Mytishchi on the northern part of the line will probably start soon.
Line 5: Suvorovskaya station is u/c, but the progress is quite slow, considering the difficulty of constructing a deep-level station on an operating line.
Dwotci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2012, 06:06 PM   #1715
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Currently U/C
How much kms?

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts. Gene Spafford.
Old September 28th, 2012, 01:45 AM   #1716
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

people
how many cars does a train have? what is the length of the trains? what gauge is used?
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #1717
Aokromes
Patatero Inside

For the 2 1st questions, it varies, idk aproximate numbers, for the last, Russian gauge.

Old September 28th, 2012, 03:05 AM   #1718
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7094

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highcliff View Post
how many cars does a train have?
It depends from the line and type of trains:
Line 2, Line 6, Line 9 - 8 cars ("Nomernoy" train);
Line 7 - 8 cars (Ezh3 train);
Line 8 - 8 cars ("Nomernoy" and "Oka" trains);
Line 10 - 8 cars ("Nomernoy" and "Yauza" trains);
Line 1 - 7 cars ("Nomernoy" train);
Line 11 - 6 cars ("Nomernoy" and "Yauza" trains);
Line 3 - 5 cars ("Rusich" train);
Line 5 - 5 cars ("Rusich" train);
Line 4 - 4 cars ("Rusich" train) or 6 cars ("Nomernoy" train);
Line L1 - 3 cars ("Rusich" train).

Quote:
what is the length of the trains?
Ezh3 train: 19.210 m (car length);
"Nomernoy" train: 19.206 m (car length);
"Yauza" train: 20 m (head car length) and 19.210 m (intermediate car length);
"Rusich" train: 28.15 m (head car length) and 27.2 m (intermediate car length);
"Oka" train: 20.12 m (head car length) and 19.14 m (intermediate car length).

Quote:
what gauge is used?
1520 (1524) mm, which is standard broad gauge in Russia (also for railways and tramlines).

Last edited by AlekseyVT; September 28th, 2012 at 03:10 AM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:33 AM   #1719
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5767

why extend to Novokuryanovo? Who lives there in the loop?
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2012, 03:36 AM   #1720
dars-dm
Cotton

Likes (Received): 17795

A depot should (have) be(en) there.
Как только проедят напечатанные амерами баблосы, нефтя будет падвацать, хас папиисяд, а толяр - пасто диривянных. И ражко сразу развалиццо. Патаму шо она сичаз разваливаиццо, хотя нефтя ещё не падвацать
dars-dm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
метро, metro, moscow, subway