daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > United Arab Emirates - دار زايـــد > Dubai Projects > Never Built

Never Built Projects once planned for construction but never built.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 10:55 PM   #81
ardi

Likes (Received): 2

just saw your posts about my opinion,
I realy think design is rubish, putting a flower at top of the bldg please compare it to something like burj Dubai, or KL towers in malaysia.
ardi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 24th, 2006, 12:50 PM   #82
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 76

The Gowealthy website says this one is under construction!!!!!!!

Yipeyyyyyyy!!
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:11 PM   #83
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 23

Last edited by Krazy; May 24th, 2006 at 05:25 PM.
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #84
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan23
The Gowealthy website says this one is under construction!!!!!!!

Yipeyyyyyyy!!
i wouldn't believe in that.

after that ice sculpture i would expect them to make a real ceremony with press release when it starts construction, similar to 1BB.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 05:26 PM   #85
Krazy
Kool Kat

maybe excavation? remember Burj Dubai's ceremony was held only after piling was completed.... before that no one outside SSC even knew that construction (excavation etc) had started
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #86
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 5

See the newspaper article on page 8??

They were comparing the Burj al Alam to other towers with antennas, spires..

How will this compare to SWFC's 492 meter height? Will this have higher occupied floors? I know that there will be an obs deck within the "hole" at the top of the SWFC (which is all commercial as well), but I think there will be a 2nd deck on the top of the hole as well, (correct me if I'm wrong) which should put that deck up near the very top, and possibly will have a higher occupied floor than the Burj al Alam..

They mentioned Freedom Tower, with its antenna of to one side!
What version of the Freedom Tower were they talking about when they made that comment?? kinda funny...

I hope that all of these other super talls that are getting built. will have obs decks too.. that way people will be able to go into different supertalls throughout the city for a perspective.. all of the skyscraper freaks are enough reason, as Im sure that there will be plenty of tourists visiting Dubai to have an architechtual orgasm.. I know I will in the next 5-10 years, I just hope that every country in that region doesnt hate Americans by then!!
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:31 PM   #87
AltinD
The Modecator

Likes (Received): 3812

Al Yaquob was claiming their tower was under construction, weeks before they even started hoarding the site.

Dimention has said in any press release that construction is expected to start later in the year, plus gowealthy.com is just a REAL ESTATE AGENT site after all, so what can you expect from them.
AltinD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 11:10 PM   #88
Bikes
sababa

Likes (Received): 627

But gowealthy is one of the biggest if not the biggest real estate agent site, and i found them reliable, but who knows.
Bikes está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2006, 03:40 AM   #89
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

they are good, yes, but still, only a real estate agent
Old June 8th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #90
Krazy
Kool Kat

Fortune Group recieves overwhelming response for Burj Al Alam; sells 45% of commercial space at the iconic tower in a record four weeks

Reflecting strong investor confidence and robust demand for freehold commercial space in Dubai, leading Real Estate Development Company, Fortune Group, recently announced that 45% of commercial space at their flagship project Burj Al Alam, has been sold out in just four weeks from commencement of sale.

Burj Al Aram.

The AED 4 billion landmark development at Business Bay received an overwhelming response attracting a diversified set of regional investors.

Launched in April 2006, official sale of commercial space at this landmark project, tipped to be the world's tallest commercial tower, opened during the first week of May. Fortune Group has planned an investor road show in Abu Dhabi early next week that will kick start a series of out of city sales initiatives that will also span select international markets.

Burj Al Alam is the most incredible edifice dedicated to commercial space in Dubai's growing reputation in the world of business. Of its total 108-storeys, 74 storeys will be dedicated to offices, while 27-storey will be taken up by hotels and service apartments. The balance will be covered by retail spaces.

Terming the investor response as phenomenal, Mr. Ahmed Khoory, Chairman - Fortune Group said,

'Burj Al Alam is indeed a world landmark and I am delighted with the response we have received for this project. We adopted a focused marketing and pricing strategy which contributed towards the strong investor response. The sell out of 45% of the project in record four weeks from commencement of sale of commercial space clearly indicates the ever-increasing demand for freehold commercial properties.'

'We are also pleased to learn that prime sections of this prestigious commercial space is already trading at a premium in the secondary market. This clearly indicates the confidence buyers have in Burj Al Alam's potential to appreciate in value,' Mr. Khoory added.

Commenting further, Mr. Syed Mohammad Ali, CEO - Fortune Group said, 'Our next step is to tap new markets. Our immediate focus is on Abu Dhabi where we see immense potential from that growing city. We will take our project to the investors there early next week. Our future plans are to conduct international road shows in order to increase the mix of investor profile.'

Aside from its formidable height of over 480 meters, the Burj Al Alam is designed to resemble the stem of a flower with its crown shaped to signify a blooming crystal flower. An architectural wonder that tapers at the centre to blossom as it shoots into the sky is poised to be the most striking in the aesthetic sense. Burj Al Alam will also house the world's highest hotel. Expected to be completed by the end of 2009, the total commercial space available at the tower is over one million sq. feet.

Fortune Group has tied up with Amlak to offer finance facilities of up to 90% to investors. Finance packages will be made available to UAE nationals, residents as well as GCC and other overseas investors. The tenure will vary over a span of a maximum period of 25 years based on the eligibility criteria.

Fortune Group's current investments in Dubai real estate is valued at over AED 6.3 billion across seven exclusive commercial and residential freehold projects. An integral part of Dubai's freehold market, the Fortune Group has developed the most innovative residential and commercial spaces in the Emirate. Burj Al Alam is the Group's most significant project development coming up at Business Bay. Other group projects are located at Jumeirah Lake Towers, Palm - Jebel Ali, Dubai Sports City and International Media Production Zone.
Old June 8th, 2006, 04:20 PM   #91
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 84

Great news, this means it'll definitely be built!
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2006, 07:50 PM   #92
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

what would u expect, there is absoluetly no slowdone, exspecially for commercial projects.
Old June 12th, 2006, 12:05 PM   #93
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 4343

when is constructionstart?
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2006, 02:56 PM   #94
termi_nader

Likes (Received): 0

November / December 2006.
termi_nader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #95
ragga
Veteran Member

Likes (Received): 0

Currently, it is under pre construction ... piling is going on...

#1 Dubai
Blackberry Pin: 21E7F0BB
ragga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #96
Stephan23
Bonsai

Likes (Received): 76

Good news ragga!!!
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #97
dubaiflo
visit my homepage

that is awesome news did not expect that.
Old June 15th, 2006, 07:10 AM   #98
scorpion
...starwood... :-D

Likes (Received): 4

nice!

DUBAI 2006 -- Welcome!! :)
scorpion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:07 PM   #99
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 4343

fantastic, I hope we'll get some pic's in the near future

Last edited by ZZ-II; June 15th, 2006 at 04:36 PM.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 03:40 PM   #100
Krazy
Kool Kat

Fortune Group plans to open dedicated sales centre at Abu Dhabi to tap the large investor base at the Emirate

Leading Dubai-based Real Estate Development Company, Fortune Group, said that it plans to set up a dedicated sales centre at Abu Dhabi to tap the large base of investors there.

Burj Al Alam.

This was announced at a special ceremony held at the Emirate to present the Group's flagship project, the AED 4 billion, Burj Al Alam to investors there.

Fortune Group recently announced that 45% of commercial space at the Burj Al Alam was sold out in a record time. Located at the Business Bay, a total of over one million sq. ft. of prime commercial space will be made available across the first 74 floors of the 108 floor tower. The top 27 floors of the tower will be dedicated to hotels and service apartments, while rest of the space will be taken up by retail developments within the tower.

The Burj Al Alam investor launch at Abu Dhabi was held at Emirates Palace Hotel yesterday under the patronage of H. H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan - President of the Crown Prince Court and Member of the Executive Committee. H. H. Sheikh Dr. Sultan Bin Khalifa Al Nahyan said, 'In accordance to the vision of my father we want UAE to become the center of attraction for the region in particular and the world in general. Thus, we are looking forward to joint venture opportunities with Fortune Group in Dubai and Abu Dhabi. Further details for our partnership will be disclosed in due course.'

Presenting the world's tallest commercial tower to the investors, Mr. Ahmed Khoory, Chairman - Fortune Group said, 'As a landmark tower, the Burj Al Alam has been well accepted by the regional investors. We have identified Abu Dhabi as one of our primary markets with good investing potential and are expecting a significant participation in this project from here. We intend setting up a dedicated sale centre shortly to directly service investor requirements and offer lucrative opportunities associated with this master development.'

Commenting on future plans of the Group, Mr. Syed Mohammad Ali, CEO - Fortune Group said,

'The Abu Dhabi real estate market has been experiencing unprecedented growth over the past two years and is poised to grow further. With investments in excess of AED 6.5 billion in niche real estate projects in Dubai, we are now looking at Abu Dhabi for our next project. The city's strong economic indicators have prompted projections of a steep growth in population in the next few years. We believe this will give rise to a huge demand for real estate.'

Aside from its formidable height of over 480 meters, the Burj Al Alam is designed to resemble the stem of a flower with its crown shaped to signify a blooming crystal flower. An architectural wonder that tapers at the centre to blossom as it shoots into the sky is poised to be the most striking in the aesthetic sense. Expected to be completed by the end of 2009, the Burj Al Alam will also house the world's highest hotel.

Fortune Group has tied up with Amlak to offer finance facilities of up to 90% to investors. Finance packages will be made available to UAE nationals, residents as well as GCC and other overseas investors. The tenure will vary over a span of a maximum period of 25 years based on the eligibility criteria.

Fortune Group's current investments in Dubai real estate is valued at over AED 6.3 billion across seven exclusive commercial and residential freehold projects. An integral part of Dubai's freehold market, the Fortune Group has developed the most innovative residential and commercial spaces in the Emirate. Burj Al Alam is the Group's most significant project development coming up at Business Bay. Other group projects are located at Jumeirah Lake Towers, Palm - Jebel Ali, Dubai Sports City and International Media Production Zone.

Tags
business bay, dubai