daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 11th, 2006, 05:27 PM   #1
freize1

Likes (Received): 0

THE GREAT PUNTA PERLA MYSTERY

Does anyone know anything about this so-called 'mega-resort' Punta Perla in the Dominican Republic? The reason I ask is that I have enquired as to who the developers are and strangely despite inuumerable agents selling the project, all claim not to know who the actual developer is, citing that they are in fact a 'third party'.

However, what is really strange is that when I asked both the UK and the head office of the Dom Rep tourist board and also the local municipality there, none knew anything about this development whatsoever. Even stranger was the fact that on their PDF (http://www.puntaperlasales.com/pdf/brochure.pdf), they have a mention of their partners in the project. So I contacted one of these, a construction company in Spain called Grupo FCC and asked them for more information about Punta Perla. To my and their even bigger surprise, they also knew nothing about this, being adamant that they were never involved and were shocked to see their name being used in a promotional material, saying that their company logo looks 'made-up'.

Finally I tried to find the other partners on the web to contact them about PP but no such luck. It is interesting that none of the partner companie's numbers or websites were listed on the PDF.

Can anyone shed some light on all this?
freize1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links