daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 16th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #41
3tmk
Rusty Robot

I doubt Granite will be 220m tall, especially since construction has started with a permit for 183m or something like that.
But I wouldn't mind being wrong and get the 220m version of Granite

Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #42
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
I doubt Granite will be 220m tall, especially since construction has started with a permit for 183m or something like that.
But I wouldn't mind being wrong and get the 220m version of Granite
Yep, it's amazing to see that EPAD is unable to provide a video without mistakes... But it's not the first time, it's like T1 which was described as a 225 meter tower in a former "Préférence"...
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:09 AM   #43
3tmk
Rusty Robot

^and giving us all false hope
Well, how soon could we get more info on the other towers?
For now they're only blue rectangles on the renders, but will the EPAD ask companies to compete for their construction? I think especially about the companies we see in the beginning of the video, they have to be involved in the LD2015 campaign.
Or is there another way?
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #44
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by delahaye
london? even if all proposals get built (which is of course nonsense), london will only have one supertall...neither the city of london cluster, nor canary wharf (or any other smaller cluster) will have the quantity and most likely the height (if the really built 5 towers between 200 and 300m plus one 400m) of la defense. sorry, but no...not london. moscow maybe. or istanbul.
First thing... La Défense 2015 remains for now only a project. And even if the EPAD already knows how to finance it and has already a detailed plan on how to realize it, it doesn't mean it's done yet. Just like London proposals, everything isn't sure to be accomplished.

Second thing, I don't count as many towers as you do. Other people can correct me if I'm wrong, but here are the towers as I've counted them :

- One tower about 400m. (brand new)
- One tower about 300m. (brand new)
- One tower about 250m. (brand new)
- The AXA tower renovated (between 210 and 250m, spire included) (renovation)
- Other smaller projects.

That's all there should be above 200m. Now, there are currently three LD towers at 180m+ (Elf, Areva, Gan) and 2 other towers of 180m+ currently in construction (T1 and Granite).

Overall, there should be 4 towers above 200m, the 400m super tall included.

This being said, that would already be TERRIFIC news and now that the EPAD has advertised so much about it I'll certainly be desappointed if any of those would be cancelled.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:35 AM   #45
Phil
For great justice

Likes (Received): 0

There's :
- One tower about 400m. (brand new) close to the tour pacific
- One tower about 300m. (brand new) close to T1
- One tower about 250m. (brand new) facing Pascal and voltaire
- One tower ~ 220m behind Gan
- One tower ~ 200m behind Ariane
- One tower ~ 180m behind Gan too
-the Nouvel tower, 200m tall too, facing granite.

and then smaller buildings.
Phil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 01:49 AM   #46
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
There's :
- One tower about 400m. (brand new) close to the tour pacific
- One tower about 300m. (brand new) close to T1
- One tower about 250m. (brand new) facing Pascal and voltaire
- One tower ~ 220m behind Gan
- One tower ~ 200m behind Ariane
- One tower ~ 180m behind Gan too
-the Nouvel tower, 200m tall too, facing granite.

and then smaller buildings.
Oops ! My bad !

Well wow !

I haven't realized yet there were so many 200m+ towers ! Now I really can't wait to see all this going forward ! 10 years is long... I have to find something to do while waiting.

Oh, and by the way, I do agree that the Nouvelle tower doesn't look good. Maybe it's only the rendering, but I find the cubic approach of that building very risky... with a lot more chances to turn out ugly than to turn out pretty.
Old March 16th, 2006, 03:07 AM   #47
JohnnyMass
Whatever

Likes (Received): 1493

Paris always on the move...
Old March 16th, 2006, 06:57 AM   #48
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 757

really impressive.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #49
jef

Likes (Received): 5

The 400m tower does not fit easily with the skyline. A 300m tower would be better imo. It is also good to see that the office property market in La Défense strikes back against the City, Francfurt, and Canary Wharf to attract headquarters of top-tier companies. Competition seems to drive building height up. Of course, these projects are a long way off but I am confident the design of the towers will be much better than anything we have seen so far for LD.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM   #50
bnmaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef
The 400m tower does not fit easily with the skyline. A 300m tower would be better imo.
We are supposed to have both the 300m and the 400m towers and as I said, 4 more between 200m and 300m. Let's wait for the renderings!
Old March 16th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #51
Skyman
LA Resident

Likes (Received): 1376

The project is really very interesting and it would be desirable to keep abreast of events
Let’s wait for the updates
Skyman está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2006, 01:25 AM   #52
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Détritus
Any news from the Hotel Meridien of La Defense?
The Hotel Meridien appeared on the video (I think in the end of it), at the foot of GAN. I think the project is on its way. IIRC, no news were expected for the first half of 2006 anyway.
Old March 18th, 2006, 01:34 AM   #53
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

i don't know how reliable this is but , from the MIPIM, a belgian newspaper claims that three 400m-supertalls are to be built in la défense

in the article the head of Epad (la defense official promoting body) says that towers "could" reach 400 meters...

here is the article for those who understand french. it basically states that as soon as the government approves the "La defense-2015" plan (hopefully by the end of june if they eventually say YES) work will begin, and land construction will start in 2007 for a completion of towers in 2015...

It says that investors are eagerly willing to support the project and the architects would be chosen through international contests....

Quote:

Lire aussi
Vizzion ou une autre logique immobilière
Un Mipim 2006 plus tentaculaire

Immobilier-MIPIM

Trois tours de 400 mètres de haut à La Défense
CHARLOTTE MIKOLAJCZAK
Mis en ligne le 18/03/2006
- - - - - - - - - - -

Les phobies du 11 septembre ont vécu et les tours reviennent.

D.R.

À CANNES

Il fut beaucoup question de tours au Mipim, le Marché international des professionnels de l'immobilier dont la 17e édition s'est clôturée vendredi à Cannes. Plus particulièrement encore par le petit bout de la lorgnette belge.

C'est une tour, le Madou Plazza, qui a emporté le Mipim Award des Immeubles de bureaux rénovés. C'est une société belge -Besix- qui construit à Dubaï la plus haute tour du monde (800 m) dont l'impressionnante maquette bordait une des allées du salon. C'est un Belge (d'origine), enfin, qui y vantait les mérites de la tour écologique «Hypergreen» dessinée par l'architecte français Jacques Ferrier pour le groupe industriel Lafarge: une tour ovale, comme enveloppée d'un maillage plus ou moins lâche selon l'orientation du bâtiment. «Cette «résille», composée de cellules photovoltaïques , explique Léopold Lombard, directeur chez Lafarge des relations avec l'architecture, est plus ouverte au nord et plus fermée au sud. Avec son toit hérissé d'éoliennes, c'est ce qui lui donne son apparence particulière, mais qui participe aussi aux économies et à la création d'énergies; en chauffage et électricité, la tour est en effet autosuffisante à 70pc» .

Réinsertion harmonieuse

Le concept, qui a déjà séduit des Chinois lors de sa présentation en Chine il y a quelques mois, a fait mouche au Mipim auprès de Français, de Belges, d'Allemands. Peut-être une version de l'«Hypergreen» trouvera-t-elle sa place dans le projet «La Défense 2015», dont la maquette était également présentée au Mipim?

Imaginé en 1958, inauguré en 1967, agrandi et modernisé une première fois dans les années 70 et une seconde fois dans les années 80-90, le centre d'affaires La Défense, à 6km à l'ouest de Paris, compte actuellement 3,3millions de m de bureaux, 600000m de logements et 200000m de commerces. Depuis plusieurs mois, l'aménageur du site, l'Epad, Etablissement public pour l'aménagement de la région de la Défense, planche sur le lancement de la 4e phase: 850000m de bureaux (500000 m neufs, gagnés sur du foncier qui sera dégagé par des restructurations de voiries, et 350000m émanant d'une rénovation ou d'une démolition-reconstruction) et 100000m de logements.

L'idée est de réinsérer le centre d'affaires de manière plus harmonieuse -plus large, plus éclatée- dans son environnement, «notamment en y inscrivant un, deux ou trois gestes de grande qualité et... de grande hauteur» , explique Bernard Bled, directeur général de l'Epad. Les immeubles prévus pourraient atteindre 400 m de haut, contre actuellement 100 à 120 m en moyenne et maximum 200 m.

Finalisation en 2015-2016

Pour se... payer ce projet, l'Epad compte sur les droits à construire qu'elle vendra aux investisseurs. «Nous avons compté que ceux de la 4 e phase représenteront un bénéfice d'un milliard d'euros dont une partie permettra de payer les aménagements (450 millions), une autre de participer (450 millions), aux côtés des collectivités, au financement des infrastructures» , ajoute-t-il. Car il faudra bien véhiculer habitants et salariés. D'où l'idée de faire venir à La Défense une seconde ligne de RER et de créer un accès direct avec Roissy.

Depuis le 3 décembre 2005, le dossier est sur la table du ministre français de l'Equipement. L'Epad espère avoir une réponse avant fin juin. «Si elle est positive, on commencera immédiatement les consultations. Le travail sur le foncier s'échelonnera entre 2007 et 2011. Concomitamment, la construction des immeubles sera entamée, pour une finalisation en 2015-2016» , conclut Bernard Bled.

Les investisseurs n'ont pas attendu l'avis de l'administration de l'Equipement pour déjà se manifester. Quant aux architectes, frapper aux portes ne suffira pas, puisque l'Epad passera par un concours d'architecture auquel il espère attacher des talents internationaux.

© La Libre Belgique 2006

Last edited by kony; March 18th, 2006 at 02:06 AM.
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 02:20 AM   #54
bnmaddict

Up to 3 towers of 400m, why not?

The good news in this article is that investors seems to be already implied in the project!
Old March 18th, 2006, 02:26 AM   #55
bnmaddict

Edit: double post...
Old March 18th, 2006, 02:35 AM   #56
Brice

Likes (Received): 167

Very good news!

go Paris !
Brice no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:00 AM   #57
3tmk
Rusty Robot

interesting article, and if we are to believe what it says, then we should expect construction to start by 2011, and have everything done by 2015. That would mean a big boom in construction throughout LD at the same time!
Although I'm very suspicious about this, it would be great if Paris gets around 3 supertalls reaching 400m. But just 1 such tower is enough to please us all
BTW, who here thinks that the Tour Sans Fins could be resuscitated?
Old March 18th, 2006, 06:53 AM   #58
ryanr
Registered non-User

Likes (Received): 28

Nice...I really like how the skyline is evenly balanced at both sides of Grande Arche, now and by 2015.
ryanr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:01 AM   #59
Phil
For great justice

Likes (Received): 0

The 400m tower is supposed to be 180 000m², that's much more than the Tour sans fins, so I don't think it will be resurected. I also don't think that there will be 3 400m tall buildings, though i would'nt be surprised if at least 2 reach 300m.
Also, 3tmk, when I read this article, I don't understand that construction of skyscrapers will start in 2011, but that their construction will be progressive , from 2007 to 2015 (more probably 2008).
Phil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2006, 07:18 AM   #60
3tmk
Rusty Robot

^You're right, and from the timeline shown on the video they start pretty soon with the changes around the circular boulevard, and some towers by the end of the decade.
And the first tower to be started has to be the reconstruction of Axa, I think there are chances for it to start by the end of the year. If not, then in the beginning of 2007

Last edited by 3tmk; March 18th, 2006 at 07:29 AM.
3tmk no está en línea   Reply With Quote