daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2006, 02:11 AM   #301
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Okay angry person

I suggest otherwise. As we will see. Anger on. Prophet.
TowerofBabelComeDown no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:12 AM   #302
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 126

So you think god will smite the burj and change arabic into 10,000 different languages?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:19 AM   #303
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

No. I don't predict "god will smite it." I think its a pretension of ego and that it will not last. I think MAN will make it fall assunder and lie in ruin. That is my prediction. It is a tower of babel. A worthless soon to be ruin of Arab ego. A lot of you suck up to the grotesque beauty of the image and ignore the slave labor who build it; I don't. I see and resent.

Last edited by TowerofBabelComeDown; April 5th, 2006 at 02:27 AM.
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #304
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

So you think it'll just randomly fall apart during construction, even with top companies like Samsung, and SOM for architects. Since you have just 6 posts here I'll presume you know **** all about skyscraper limits. It is in fact possible to build towers 3 times the height but the problem is money. However a company as large as Emaar can afford to pull a stunt like this (they do make money out of this because for all the rest of the burj residences, etc they can market the "burj dubai view" aspect of certain apartments).

No we don't ignore the labourer's problems. You have been on this forum for 1 day and this has been discussed ad-nauseum. I'll post some thread links in a sec
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:32 AM   #305
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Links in the UAE forum:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=330106&page=1
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=329695&page=1

There was another thread in this subforum but has been deleted

Another:
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=331030
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #306
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

No, I just predict a dead building

For whatever it's worth to you; I think this building is going to die and be in rubbish. That's my perdiction. Within 10 years. A gone gonner. Pretension and ego; it will die; sorta rhymes with Du Bye. Good Bye. You need to understand what is about to happen and why the UAB is perhaps not the most popular person in the next 12 months.
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:40 AM   #307
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Please explain clearly. What does a dead building mean? A building is just a giant lump of concrete, glass and steel, it has no life.

Either you mean it'll fall over or it'll have no tenants. Which is it?
And who's UAB?
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:43 AM   #308
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerofBabelComeDown
For whatever it's worth to you; I think this building is going to die and be in rubbish. That's my perdiction. Within 10 years. A gone gonner. Pretension and ego; it will die; sorta rhymes with Du Bye. Good Bye. You need to understand what is about to happen and why the UAB is perhaps not the most popular person in the next 12 months.

Haha, if the worlds tallest building was 10 stories tall and someone decided to finally build a 20 story building you'd be saying the same thing.

Are we all supposed to live in grass huts for as long as human existence? I swear that once technology starts to advance there is always someone to attack it. I bet when the first spear was invented people bad mouthed it because hunting with rocks were invented by God.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:44 AM   #309
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Malec:

True. The former.

No; don't live in huts. Be prepared when one preceeds with ego to be destroyed.

Trust me. Babel. It's babel. You are creating a tower of babel and you will surely know it when it comes into your lap.
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #310
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

The thing is the first 30 or 40 floors will be an Armani hotel, the next part is res (which has been sold out) and the last part is office. Emaar have reserved a few floors for their own use but we don't know the tenants will be for the remainder of the office space. It could remain empty, who knows but I doubt it
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:50 AM   #311
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Say what you want, but this building is the product of the damned, and the product of the damned will not stand. Ever. It is cursed. And as is will most surely fall. By the hands of man.
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:53 AM   #312
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Well, since I'm not a religious person I could not give 2 shits about fate or this sort of symbolism. Just because something happened before doesn't mean it'll happen again. For me if a tower looks good, it is good full stop.

BTW who do you refer to as "the damned"?
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #313
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
The thing is the first 30 or 40 floors will be an Armani hotel, the next part is res (which has been sold out) and the last part is office. Emaar have reserved a few floors for their own use but we don't know the tenants will be for the remainder of the office space. It could remain empty, who knows but I doubt it
Armani hotel? Is this supposed to be the same class as Burj Al Arab? I didn't know that Armani was in the hotel business.

Quote:
Say what you want, but this building is the product of the damned, and the product of the damned will not stand. Ever. It is cursed. And is will most surely fall.
There is no such thing as curses. It's all in the head. If someone thinks they're cursed they'll just screw up because it's in their subconscious. Curses are as real as ghosts and witches flying on broomsticks.

Ok, I'm halfway off topic in this post.

Burj Dubai is going to be great and nothing's gonna stop it. More taller buildings will be built in the future as well.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:56 AM   #314
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Babel

I have spoken. I need not say nore. It will not rise to the heights men imagine. This building is the Brontasaurus of Man. A trash reckoning to our destruction. Look at the hideous beast; get off the stage.

Last edited by TowerofBabelComeDown; April 5th, 2006 at 03:02 AM.
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:58 AM   #315
Zaki
Joi Bangla

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
I have spoken. I need not say nore. It will not rise to the heights men imagine.
lol its pretty sad to see someone so devoid of a social life that they create a new account to hate on a tower they are jealous of. Malec, dont waste your time trying to debate him. He s just here to ruin the thread.
Zaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:00 AM   #316
Un known

Likes (Received): 3

Tower of Babel, are you really serious about all that?
Un known no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:02 AM   #317
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

It's planned to rise to 800m. It might not, if it doesn't it'll rise to 700m at least. I don't think it's the same class as the burj al arab. I think maybe even normal people could afford a night or two here

BTW I don't get why the **** they put a hotel at the bottom of the tower. Imagine someone has just paid for a room in the world's tallest tower. I doubt they'd think they'd find themselves on the ground floor . Also if they put a hotel at the top they wouldn't need to waste so much space for elevators since less are needed to service res/hotel sections than office. They should have put office at the bottom, res near the middle, office at the top.

BTW the "biggest tower in the world" will not be the burj, it'll be the abraj al bait . In fact as far as I know, the burj has slightly less space than the sears tower
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:08 AM   #318
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Oh God I love the Idol Worship of This Beast

Let's see what happens. My bet. Total destruction. Samsung: Korean enslavement; Arab expectations and demands; Hate and Greed and Ego: what good be better for this slender beauty? Dubai: you have created a ship of death. BY$ BYE

Last edited by TowerofBabelComeDown; April 5th, 2006 at 03:15 AM.
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:13 AM   #319
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

So total destruction as in:

a) blown up by a terrorist?
b) falling over during construction?
c) a financial failure

Which one is it? I know I asked before but now you say total destruction which contradicts what you said earlier (you agreed with me on "financial faliure", ie, it'll get no tenants)

Greed and Ego yes, like most developers iin fact.
but hate? hate for whom? where does this come into it?
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:16 AM   #320
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

Financial Failure? Oh shit no

Where the **** did you come up with that? MAN is going to blow its ass out. The rectum of construction.