daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 5th, 2006, 03:20 AM   #321
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Financial faliure is the most likely out of all 3.

BTW, first you think buildings are alive, now you think they have asses? And how does construction have a rectum? I thought they were reserved for living creatures.

I think you're wrong in your statement. How can man blow it's ass out if the burj doesn't even have an ass. I think man might have some trouble there

Where is he gone now?

Last edited by malec; April 5th, 2006 at 03:30 AM.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:33 AM   #322
Lord Xenu
Genocidal God

Likes (Received): 0

ah, u scared it away.

come back dude, i was lmao
Old April 5th, 2006, 03:46 AM   #323
TowerofBabelComeDown
BANNED

lmao all you want. I wont when it falls.
TowerofBabelComeDown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 04:09 AM   #324
AParks1

Man, this is nonsense. You got to learn how to think outside of the box!

This building will not fail in anyway and will complete by completion date.
AParks1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #325
mektwist

TowerofBabelComeDown I agree with you when you said that the tower was built using exploited labor. Of course its not fair but that ain't the only thing that's unfair in the world today. In a way we do live in a rotten world with people dying of hunger when some build some a tower with 160 freaking floors only for their ego. However, making some damn ******* profecies about its collapse is so much ******* bullshit. If you use religion for some kind of moral support thats fine. But relying religion to make some damn ******* profecies is just as much nonsense as it is to exploit people for whatever reasons.

P.S I don't know if you noticed but I am no religious man. I think anyone with goodwill can reach the right conclusions using a little commonsense and science.
mektwist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #326
DARKNIGHT
Dreamin of Dubai

Likes (Received): 1

LOL...i think I know who TowerofBabelComeDown is...it's that other loser Elliot. He's so sad that he had to create another account to bash Dubai and this buildings. LoL these morons are pathetic...it's funny cuz it was ego that also built all the current tall towers of the world all the way back to the Empire State Building. So far none of them have fallen.
DARKNIGHT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 06:36 AM   #327
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerofBabelComeDown
For whatever it's worth to you; I think this building is going to die and be in rubbish. That's my perdiction. Within 10 years. A gone gonner. Pretension and ego; it will die; sorta rhymes with Du Bye. Good Bye. You need to understand what is about to happen and why the UAB is perhaps not the most popular person in the next 12 months.
man u seem to know a lot about the future. pls tell me what numbers to pick for the next powerball superjackpot? seriously dude, i NEED some cash quick
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:08 AM   #328
Kiss the Rain
WoyaoDaJb

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
Financial faliure is the most likely out of all 3.
well when sydney opera house was constructed the cost had gone almost 10 times as predicted, at the time, people thought it was a financial failure as well. But people should look at the long term effects, althought the sydney house was indeed a financail failure when completed, but it gave sydney identity, symbol for the city or even the whole country. Honestly, how many post card of autralia do you see that doesnt have a photo of the opera house on it. Id expect just revenue from the tourist is enough to justify the huge cost of building the opera house. Similarly people should not be so quick to judge if this building is infact, a financial failure.
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #329
The-Real-Link
The-Real-Link!!

Likes (Received): 300

Normally I do enjoy catching up on updates of this tower but sometimes the nonsense on this thread goes to extremes *sighs*.

TowerofBabelComeDown, you state interesting points but give no backing up of your notions. Surely no tower development is perfect but stating that its essence is wrong in every plausible fashion only appeals to many fallacies. If you think that terrorism, slave exploitation, or corporate desires haven't been discussed here, then please go back and read the last 12 threads back to back. If you still hold your viewpoint of the BD as a damned structure, then surely every building that classifies as a skyscraper is one not of your loving.

Besides, even IF half of your statements are true, you're sorely lacking from research that has shown us time and again contrary facts. What are you trying to prove or say, other than rile up forumers who would like to watch the next WTB by a long shot rise in our life? Most people here aren't stupid and know about all the problems you carry on about, (and I'm not saying that the blights shouldn't have measures to be corrected) but I see no point to your incessant trolling.

If the Freedom Tower or Fordham Spire were going to be the next tallest buildings and BD never existed, would you say the same things?

Would you also condemn the Eifel Tower because it surpassed the Great Pyramid?

I'm not saying that building to unprecedented heights doesn't bring about a sense of exhilaration or religious feeling but the reality is that we all watch with awe because of the height involved - not that Man is suddenly preaching he is God or proclaiming to belittle God. It's two seperate things. If you insist that latter opinion, look at some of William Lamb's thoughts. You want to push the edge of critizising actions, surely that's about as severe as I've heard a memorable architect say - or heck, what about Frank Lloyd Wright's designs and aspirations?! Even still, even after looking at the ESB, it was carried out to stringent engineering limits, so who's to say the BD wouldn't be the same?

What do you feel about gothic cathedrals, for they essentially did both - striving for height and limits of technology as well as creating ascension for Christianity.

Finally, even if Man destroys the BD, again what will that prove aside from your decree of having said so? Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first disaster like that but it's akin to saying that Man is infallible. Sorry but the only things we'd learn would be that Man is either 1. greedy (by being egotistical by nature depending on which philosopher is followed). 2. hurtful to other men, or 3. just doesn't want others to prosper. These we already know from almost every facet of life, so again, what are you getting at? It sounds like you're rationalizing the destruction of a cathedral on the reason that it infuriates God. Besides, those have more to lose than the BD in the service and symbolism they provide.

I've felt like I've already carried on too much on this... Thanks for bashing BD and lending minimal contribution to this thread. Now, I am not saying I have (lent great contribution), because I am purely in the position as an enthusiast and observer of this tower through this thread, but way to make some great posts in a skyscraper-loving forum!

Atleast Dubai has the guts to dream big and attempt something amazing in the modern era. As they say, no statues are erected to critics...

Last edited by The-Real-Link; April 5th, 2006 at 10:32 AM.
The-Real-Link no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #330
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2bebrown
man u seem to know a lot about the future. pls tell me what numbers to pick for the next powerball superjackpot? seriously dude, i NEED some cash quick
you are really in need.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #331
vinouz

Likes (Received): 1

OK. Let's return to the topic please. 3 pages of trolling is far enough for today I mean...
vinouz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 11:58 AM   #332
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

I wonder who's reincarnation he was. The key here is never feed the troll. What you need to do is tease him by putting some food out and when he tries to get it, snatch it back
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #333
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

here we go, taken yesterday

am trying to upload the other pictures
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 12:36 PM   #334
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Those pics are quite small but yeah, they are nice.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 12:47 PM   #335
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

^ lol, u should click them to get the bigger version

I still have few more but it isnt uploading
Old April 5th, 2006, 01:04 PM   #336
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

DONE
Old April 5th, 2006, 01:06 PM   #337
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10142

THANKS SMUSSUW. nice collection. i count lev24 to outer core and lev38 or 140m high.its same height as SWFC now.
Old April 5th, 2006, 01:16 PM   #338
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimvdh
I think 3 years.
Longer than that easy, this new tower wont be finished for another 10 years (if it gets built). I can bet you Al burj will beat both so dubai will still end up with ti anyway.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 5th, 2006, 02:20 PM   #339
Skyscrapercitizen
TIMBY

Likes (Received): 5432

Great update, but that setback of the main rising floors seems far to low to me compared to the renderings. The corners also have to setback first...
Old April 5th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #340
HT

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by TowerofBabelComeDown
lmao all you want. I wont when it falls.

dam it, this building will only go down if some fanatic religios terrorist like you will destroy it !!!

By the way.....fantastik update smussov !!!!!!!
HT no está en línea   Reply With Quote