search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 9th, 2016, 05:25 AM   #1
Christchurch

Likes (Received): 246

stadium for scale model

Hi I was wondering if anyone would like to design a stadium that i would then make into a handmade scale model. It would be like I'm the construction crew and you are designing it while it's under construction. It shouldn't take too long to do depending on your design and skills.

The site would be a 185m wide by 236m long rectangle. you can choose a team as long as i know them (i know all preimer league teams so that would be best but doesnt have to). you can choose the suited capacity as long as the is enough room for crowd circulation and other facilities related to the stadium. the stadium should be original and modern that looks amazing while showing who the home team is. A retractable roof or pitch isnt required but could help to host other events simillar to the new white hart lane. internal details like concourses or changing rooms isnt nessary unless you want to.

Because I am modelling it handmade It would be better to not include any showing supports or trusses unless they are wrapped like arena pantanal:

Also make sure that the stands aren't curved so that all spectators are close to the action and it's quicker for you and me to model

If more than one person is interested then I have other sites that can also be used for them but they are smaller or bigger.

If you need more info or are interested reply below

UKFA liked this post

Last edited by Christchurch; June 9th, 2016 at 08:11 AM.
Christchurch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2016, 05:58 AM   #2
Christchurch

stadium for scale model

Del
Old July 1st, 2016, 01:27 PM   #3
Christchurch

Since nobody has said they are interested (probably because stadium designers cup is starting soon) I'll change it so that the only requirements are that it fits on the site and capacity is known. Also remember that this isn't a competition and can be done at anytime

UKFA liked this post
Old July 4th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #4
UKFA

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christchurch View Post
Since nobody has said they are interested (probably because stadium designers cup is starting soon) I'll change it so that the only requirements are that it fits on the site and capacity is known. Also remember that this isn't a competition and can be done at anytime
I would help out if I could but I'm not very good at stadium design. Best of luck!

Christchurch liked this post
UKFA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2016, 06:33 AM   #5
Christchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKFA View Post
I would help out if I could but I'm not very good at stadium design. Best of luck!

Your stadium that you started for ukfa was good but thanks!

UKFA liked this post
Old August 2nd, 2016, 10:41 AM   #6
Elok Permata

Likes (Received): 1

ok nice
Elok Permata no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 10:12 PM   #7
londonnightshifter

Likes (Received): 11

If somebody modelled new white hart lane then you could do that

londonnightshifter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 12:48 AM   #8
brettstaats222

Likes (Received): 32

How about a Utsa stadium I have already made I have two versions one's a outdoor stadium the other is a retractable roof please let me know witch one so I can email it to you

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
brettstaats222 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 02:02 AM   #9
Christchurch

stadium for scale model

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettstaats222 View Post
How about a Utsa stadium I have already made I have two versions one's a outdoor stadium the other is a retractable roof please let me know witch one so I can email it to you

I would want it to have more detail than that and I'm not interested in doing a American styled stadium at the moment

londonnightshifter liked this post
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:14 AM   #10
brettstaats222

No one stadium is a older European style and it's mainly for a MLS team. I integrated it into a historic building section with most of the stadium parts hidden from view using different historical facades. The second one is built into a convention center that has an art deco designed building. with a maximum number of seats is18,000 but can be easily expand for big events .all of the lower level seating can be removed for conventions. With the field movable via a track system. The stadium has a roof can be closed for inclement weather conditions and concerts due to the acoustic paneling that can switch between sports and concert modes. this stadium also would have a turf American football field that can be stored in under the south stand and it has ×4 daktronics video boards 10×90 ft in each corner.

Last edited by brettstaats222; December 7th, 2016 at 04:57 AM.
Old December 7th, 2016, 04:41 AM   #11
londonnightshifter

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
No one stadium is a older European style and it's mainly for a MLS team I integrated it into a historic building section with most of the stadium parts hidden from view using different historical facades and the second one is built into a convention center hat is a art deco designed building with a maximum number of seats is18,000 but can be easily expand for events all of the lower level seating can be removed for any convention with the field movable via a track system and the stadium roof can be closed for inclement weather conditions and concerts due to the acoustic paneling that can switch between sports and concert modes this also would have a turf American football field that can be stored in under the south stand and it has ×4 daktronics video boards 10×90 ft in each corner
Can you put full stops at the end of your sentences so that people can understand what you are saying

Also Christchurch if you want Im doing a stadium for Everton FC that you could build. Ive just started on it so you could suggest some things that I could do. Its going to hold 50,000 people and would fit on the site you mentioned.

londonnightshifter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:02 AM   #12
brettstaats222

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonnightshifter View Post
Can you put full stops at the end of your sentences so that people can understand what you are saying

Also Christchurch if you want Im doing a stadium for Everton FC that you could build. Ive just started on it so you could suggest some things that I could do. Its going to hold 50,000 people and would fit on the site you mentioned.
I fixed it . Also Christchurch Im working on a smaller New Zealand stadium that has the ability to host rugby/soccer and cricket. What do you suggest on using for movable seating just the lower level or have all of the stands move ?

Old December 7th, 2016, 05:11 AM   #13
Christchurch

BRETT: you could have something like Eden park with park of the bottom tier:

LONDON NIGHT SHIFTER: sounds great I'll pm you my email address and we can get started
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:15 AM   #14
brettstaats222

OK are theyjust pushed back or completely retracted.

Old December 7th, 2016, 05:51 AM   #15
Christchurch

Quote:
OK are theyjust pushed back or completely retracted.

They are pushed underneath the other part of the stand
Old December 7th, 2016, 05:07 PM   #16
brettstaats222

Cool I had no clue about that system I'm going to put it in on both north & south stands so that it's mostly good for the soccer / rugby layout