daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Fun Forums > Creative Corner > The Drawing Board > Stadium Design

Old June 17th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #5401
Leedsrule

Likes (Received): 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamG View Post
Would me voting for Wales swun it in their favour?

Yes :L Anyway it dosent matter much now, ill do a similar competition for wales afterwards.
Leedsrule no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 17th, 2012, 11:26 AM   #5402
AJKwak

Likes (Received): 76

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbeier View Post
New model I'm working on...

Third tier looks pretty steep.
AJKwak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 01:13 PM   #5403
Leedsrule

Never really thought about it before, but do you think Scotland could ever hos a Euro's or even a World cup on their own? Murrayfield could be converted into a football stadium fairly easily, Celtic park and Ibrox are both big enough to hold a semi-final (Although IMO Murrayfield is too small to hold a WC final, it is still much bigger than the Euro 2008 final venue). They have no stadiums holding 30 or 40 thousand, but that makes sense due to the nature of the SPL. Of course, Hamden park holds 50k so thats 4 stadiums over 50,000. If they wanted to im sure they could do something with Meadowbank Stadium, put temporary stands around or whatever and get that up to at least 30,000 i reckon. Maybe they could look at a new stadium in Dundee for the 2 clubs to share, a fairly realistic venture, maybe 40,000 with the ability to be reduced to nearer 25,000 after the event. Thats 6. Easter Road is big enough tbh, and there are already plans to build a new stadium in Aberdeen. Maybe they could make that 35,000 then reduce it after as well. Prehaps the Falkirk community stadium, Tynecastle park, Firhill or Rugby park could be upgraded, and im sure there is a scottish rugby team somewhere that needs a new home. Maybe a new athletics stadium. Definately good enough for the Euro's, maybe even the world cup. if they joined with Wales or even Northern Ireland it would certanly be good enough, but if they went on their own I think theyd need to look at a 80,000 ish seater for the final.

Possible competition in the future?
Old June 17th, 2012, 02:26 PM   #5404
Kaijday

Likes (Received): 25

Scotland won't (at the moment) hold a compeition such as the Euros as they have no need for stadia bigger than say 40k. Even Celtic and Rangers don't fill their stadium often.

It would leave them with massive stadiums that would cost more to run than they would bring income for.
Kaijday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 03:24 PM   #5405
Leedsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijday View Post
Scotland won't (at the moment) hold a compeition such as the Euros as they have no need for stadia bigger than say 40k. Even Celtic and Rangers don't fill their stadium often.

It would leave them with massive stadiums that would cost more to run than they would bring income for.
But even the stadiums they have right now are probably good enough, and certanly good enough if they hose the EUROs with Wales. Im sure they could builde a stadium holding about 70k to be home to the Rugby team and the football team and that would work, especialy if they applied and got the Rugby world cup or something.
Old June 17th, 2012, 04:34 PM   #5406
danielbeier
No Soy Un Bandolero

Likes (Received): 469

Quote:
Originally Posted by pompeyfan View Post
Assuming it is for the model above - pick a distance (ex. 5m) and every 5m to the midpoint of the stand, add an extra row.

This creates a pointy effect though, so to be more realistic, draw a curve from one edge of the stand and extend each row out from the middle until you reach the curve.

I can create a proper tutorial of either technique if you want one.
Yes, please.
danielbeier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #5407
IvoGoliszewski

Likes (Received): 1

IvoGoliszewski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 09:49 PM   #5408
Rausa
yatta! yatta!

Likes (Received): 15

Here's a small bball arena I started working on a couple of months ago, the project name is Hidden Fieldhouse. I will focus most of my time on this project right now so im probably not entering the new competition, good luck to all who will tho!

A quick render I did to show the progress, just sunlight atm so it is a little dark.

Update, 1 more:

Last edited by Rausa; June 17th, 2012 at 11:11 PM.
Rausa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2012, 11:09 PM   #5409
MFJones
Kaj ti stara radi Zadar?

Likes (Received): 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvoGoliszewski View Post
Very very good, and were pleased to have you on this forum cause we saw your work from project confrontation. I think that your project should've won, and I'm sad that it didnt.
MFJones no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 12:02 AM   #5410
pompeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielbeier View Post
Yes, please.
OK - I have to duck off to uni soon, so I will make it when I get home.

Keep up with my latest projects here
pompeyfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 01:10 AM   #5411
pompeyfan

OK, I managed to finish the tutorial before uni, I won't copy it over here but just post a link. Hope this helps.

http://pompey2j.blogspot.com.au/2012...ved-stand.html

Old June 18th, 2012, 04:04 AM   #5412
michał_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedsrule View Post
But even the stadiums they have right now are probably good enough, and certanly good enough if they hose the EUROs with Wales. Im sure they could builde a stadium holding about 70k to be home to the Rugby team and the football team and that would work, especialy if they applied and got the Rugby world cup or something.
Nope, wouldn't work. Football federation has Hampden, rugby fed. has Murrayfield. None of them seem to be interested in switching this kind of business for stadium-share. A Euro alone for Scotland is something that would only hurt them in the long run. And building stadia just for a few weeks of fun doesn't sound like a plan. Not mentioning that while FIFA ignore their own rules and allows a place like Qatar to host, UEFA seems to be fairly stricter than that and it sounds very much unlikely for any city to have more than 2 stadiums. So we have a potential 4-stadium bid with Glasgow and Edinburgh and no place to look for further 5 that are needed.
michał_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 10:13 AM   #5413
MaTTiC

Likes (Received): 35

@pompeyfan
You`ve made a tutorial... great But there is much easier way to make a waved stands with "Intersect" tool.

E: Here is post from forum.iGol.pl with mini-tutorial. I can transalte if you wish.
http://forum.igol.pl/index.php?/topi...ost__p__113153

Last edited by MaTTiC; June 18th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.
MaTTiC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 04:29 PM   #5414
IvoGoliszewski

Likes (Received): 1

thanks, main grandstand has grown up, I added two levels, has at the moment, 6 rows between the bleachers going to do the VIP area, can I change lighting masts, renderings soon

stadium will be dedicated to the club from Croatia, but I do not know yet to which
IvoGoliszewski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 05:06 PM   #5415
Leedsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTTiC View Post
@pompeyfan
You`ve made a tutorial... great But there is much easier way to make a waved stands with "Intersect" tool.
I'd use the intersect tool too. Just look on the sketchup tutorials page, then try to apply it on the stand correctly.
Old June 18th, 2012, 08:13 PM   #5416
kaz03

Likes (Received): 6

what is fast way to add seats to a stadium with curved stands? im short on time.
kaz03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #5417
cSaints
Hey

Likes (Received): 16

How much space do people leave between the pitch and the start of the first tier? FIFA's regulations say you should give 8.5m - 10m, but I think this seems a bit excessive and was wondering if this is only really necessary for Category 4 stadiums?
cSaints no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2012, 11:35 PM   #5418
Kaijday

I tend to leave 2m of grass, than advertising boards then another 6m to meet the regulations. (or near enough the regulations anyway!)
Kaijday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2012, 12:08 AM   #5419
pompeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTTiC View Post
@pompeyfan

E: Here is post from forum.iGol.pl with mini-tutorial. I can transalte if you wish.
http://forum.igol.pl/index.php?/topi...ost__p__113153
The intersect tool could be used, yes, but I find it slower if I want a curve, because you need to keep repeating the process across each axis. It works perfectly though, as indicated in the tutorial above, if your angle is flat.

Old June 19th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #5420
LiamG

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedsrule View Post
Yes :L Anyway it dosent matter much now, ill do a similar competition for wales afterwards.
Good