daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Leeds Metro Area

Leeds Metro Area Leeds, Bradford and West Yorkshire

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 27th, 2006, 08:25 PM   #81
mark*ie

Likes (Received): 0

Think good old george wimpey has scammed another building project !

Just look at the starting price !

http://www.pioneerreach.gb.com/sales.php

can't see any chance of the proposed tower developement at this site...but would prefer someone else, to build a 30 + tower there.

Last edited by mark*ie; July 27th, 2006 at 08:38 PM.
mark*ie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old July 27th, 2006, 09:00 PM   #82
JOliver

Quote:
Sales

Studios and 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
Studio apartment £125,000
1 bedroom £157,000
2 bedrooms £211,000
3 bedrooms £321,500
JOliver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2006, 11:56 PM   #83
Leeds_John

A shame as this is one sweet development! I thought this was a good bet for the next biggie to start construction
Leeds_John no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:15 AM   #84
Skopie

Haha, surely that's the highest of any development in Leeds? Yet it is in one of the most unspectacular locations. They're asking £450 a square foot on the studios!!! For comparisons sake the average price per sqaure foot for a flat at Lumiere is going to be arond £350 a sq ft.

They're realy doing a number on those London Investors. The clever bastards.
Skopie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #85
mark*ie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skopie
Haha, surely that's the highest of any development in Leeds? Yet it is in one of the most unspectacular locations. They're asking £450 a square foot on the studios!!! For comparisons sake the average price per sqaure foot for a flat at Lumiere is going to be arond £350 a sq ft.

They're realy doing a number on those London Investors. The clever bastards.
If they do pull it off, what will happen to the asking price at Lumiere! and the rest of Leeds for that matter good thing or bad ? anyone ?... I have my thoughts, yikes!
Old July 28th, 2006, 12:31 AM   #86
Leeds_John

But will they get away with palming off 800 of these pads at such an outrageous price? I'd love to see this go up as per plans!
Old July 28th, 2006, 06:13 PM   #87
Deepster

I hope they haven't done a number on us. I don't know whether they are offering guaranteed rental and furniture packs on these prices but thats what i paid for my 1 bed which will be rented until 2010. I know i have paid for this aswell but as some have said, this should be a long term view on return on investment
Deepster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2006, 11:34 AM   #88
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Likes (Received): 248

I can't see the developemtent possibly proceeding with the main element missing, it has gone through all the design competition, all the design work and a huge amount of marketing with it as a whole scheme design. It just wouldn't work with the main element missing, also the planning permission could be void as it was approved with the tower in one application. If the tower wasn't viable, I would think the whole scheme would have to be cancelled.

Also, the negative appraisal of the area is not shared by others. HBG are very optomistic about the market for their site across the road at Monkbridge Forge, they are proceeding with a full application for their first phase soon, and are in talks over the residential element which includes towers at 25, 18 storeys and others, which will really boost the area. In addition, the 'next door but one' Whitehall office building has just been approved, and is expected on site soon, and of course the City Island phase 2 is well on the way.

Also, if they are acheiving the high prices being asked (particularly with London investers) there will be good motivation to proceed with the rest of the sheme.

I wouldn't anticipate any major changes until we hear something officially.
Rob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2006, 06:22 PM   #89
M4K

Look guys, whichever way you look at it if ya bought an apartment u r stuck with it like everyone else - no point in worrying about it - city living (in my opinion) is going to be big but you just have to bide your time. Deepster if the marketing apartments are a reflection of the quality that will be put into these things then I think we have made a good (long term), investment with the rental guarantee. If u do get time to visit Leeds give me a call and I'll show you round the area.

Keep your chins uo everyone - gonna be cool place to be in years to come !
M4K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 07:01 PM   #90
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Well Greenbank features very strongly in the September edition of P&D ... the full scheme. Wimpey City are still paying out good money to advertise the scheme, and the feature suggests confidence in the scheme.

No new news but this strongly suggests that the scheme is still in full flow !
Old August 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM   #91
Leeds_John

Have they even begun demolition of the site?? if i am correct they are well underway with the demolition of the site across whitehall road, why are they hanging about with this one? i had a really good feeling about this scheme last year.
Old August 19th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #92
mistertee
BANNED

There's still a big advert for it on Kirkstall Road. Isn't that a positive sign it's not been shelved. There's no point building the low-rises if theres no tower.
mistertee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #93
Talisker
dE/dm

Likes (Received): 205

They still need to submit a new application for the providence tower though, becuase the design has changed slightly and gone up from 31 to around 34 floors. That will give us some idea of when construction is likely to begin.
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:20 PM   #94
Rob
Proponent of Leeds

Advertising is clearly still in full flow. There is no start on site yet, but the advert in the September P&D says completions from 2008, so there is plenty of time yet before they have to start anything on site.
Old August 20th, 2006, 01:44 PM   #95
Alphie

Noticed a large colour advert on the front of the Yorkshire Post property supplement, advertising the whole scheme, tower and all.
Alphie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 20th, 2006, 08:51 PM   #96
jimbo

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeds_John
Have they even begun demolition of the site?? if i am correct they are well underway with the demolition of the site across whitehall road, why are they hanging about with this one? i had a really good feeling about this scheme last year.
A lack of action on site isn't going to be a sign of trouble ahead. George Wimpey are one of the biggest housebuilders in the UK (2005 profits ~£350m). Although this is one of their separate city centre residential building schemes, they are far too huge to pull the plug on such a scheme, even if sales might not have been as robust as they might have wanted.

Am sure we'll see action on site within the next couple of months - if completion is set for late 2008, then they need to get cracking, demolition and groundwork will certainly take another 6 months or so. Keep the faith team!
jimbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2006, 08:02 PM   #97
Even Flow

I am quite disappointed every time I get the train past this site that they still havent even started demolition. Spring and Summer have all but gone, so what now, Winter start, Spring 2007?
Was tempted the other day to go in the marketing suite and ask again but alas I ran out of time.
Even Flow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #98
ls12

Just out of interest,this development's postal area should actually be covered by leeds12,however i'm told there not keen to take this on,and in-fact offered it to leeds11,city leeds1 are also not falling over themselves to take this project on.
it has to be said the omens for this development are not good,suppose it's a bit like climbing a mountain,it'd be easy to walk down again, but we're halfway up now so we might as well carry on!
ls12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2006, 03:13 PM   #99
Leeds No.1

Likes (Received): 623

In the end its gonna have to be something! Unless it becomes so special it has its own postcode teehee.
Old September 5th, 2006, 06:20 PM   #100
SimCity4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Even Flow
I am quite disappointed every time I get the train past this site that they still havent even started demolition. Spring and Summer have all but gone, so what now, Winter start, Spring 2007?
Was tempted the other day to go in the marketing suite and ask again but alas I ran out of time.
Hia im new hear. i went to the marketing suit and they said that it would probably start this winter, but they were not sure.
SimCity4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote