daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > General Developments and Discussions > Bridges

Old November 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #101
cyberjaya
KL/PHL/BJ

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mekky II View Post
I always found amazing undemocratic countries, they built stuffs without asking to the population if it's nice or not, if it costs a lot or not, or if a bunch of houses are historical or not, really amazing... enjoying life in China, until a better future with India.
Easy, Mekky. The fact is each and every project were discussed and investigated by different authorities. But at last one decision has to be made right? The diference between China and India is that in China the authority think more of the majorities and the future. In India, they have to care for all parties and focus on the present.

Enjoy the bridges
cyberjaya no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 30th, 2006, 04:59 PM   #102
stone

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I always found amazing undemocratic countries, they built stuffs without asking to the population if it's nice or not, if it costs a lot or not, or if a bunch of houses are historical or not, really amazing... enjoying life in China, until a better future with India.
Oh, boy. You must be jealous.
stone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #103
stone

Quote:
Oh, boy. You must be jealous.
Old November 30th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #104
Mekky II
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Be jealous of bridges ? Come on I have better to do ! They are not even ecological bridges ahah ! there was nothing linked to jealousy in my words, i was thinking of bridges but every others projects also... To be tacky, i would say industrial revolutions did pass in my town, so we don't care much of new bridges over here eheheh !
Mekky II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM   #105
stone

I don't think these bridges have anything to do with India. But you brought this thing up and attack China. The only reason I can find for this is jealousy, since India does not have many bridges of this kind.

The bridges are built because ppl need them. This is very obvious, because China's economy is booming.
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:21 PM   #106
cyberjaya
KL/PHL/BJ

easy everyone. please stop here and talk the skyscrapers and bridges.
Old November 30th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #107
feverwin
Peace-all the world needs

Likes (Received): 29

HAHA, so close to be locked...
Care your custom, that would turn to be personality;
Care your personality, because that decide your destiny!
feverwin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 07:33 PM   #108
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 18

who has the longest bridge in the world right now ?
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:12 PM   #109
Hidden Dragon

Likes (Received): 157

Quote:
So I guess in democratic countries like in the US, before they build every project, they ask the population it's nice or not, right? Also, before every war they wage, they also ask the population if it's nice or not, it its costs a lot or not...
Hidden Dragon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:14 PM   #110
Hidden Dragon

Quote:
Be jealous of bridges ? Come on I have better to do ! They are not even ecological bridges ahah ! there was nothing linked to jealousy in my words, i was thinking of bridges but every others projects also... To be tacky, i would say industrial revolutions did pass in my town, so we don't care much of new bridges over here eheheh !
So why are you shitting around?
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #111
Hidden Dragon

This is a very good thread for China's bridges until some maggots wiggle in.
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:43 PM   #112
parker941

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Oh ya, does the democracy (in india) includes those millions of "Untouchable"? or if those millions are majority at all? man, you need give me a break. too much bragging of your shabby democrazy, and wake up to get more educated. tomorrow is another day!
parker941 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2006, 09:55 PM   #113
parker941

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleatic Guest View Post
Exactly. And if the thread title would not have come across so nationalistic ("NATION" - "MEGA"), everything were fine with me.
Usually losers manifest themselves by showing ignorance, which is caused by ill-educated, or not educated at all.
parker941 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 12:01 AM   #114
Cannonball

Businessweek just had an article about labor conditions in China but mentioned that India has 65 million, literal not figurative, slaves. You don't have 65 million slaves and call that a democracy. Unless you want to convince the world those slaves voted themselves into slavery. So it must be all right then.

I love the spin. If Indians are so satisfied with what their "democracy" has to offer, then why would the envious have to come in here and try to bring their stink. Envy is the right term. Progress versus no progress. Only liars can make getting no where out to be something spectacular.
Cannonball no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 03:42 AM   #115
cyberjaya
KL/PHL/BJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatower View Post
who has the longest bridge in the world right now ?

If I'm not wrong, US hold this title now. A bridge in Indiana, US (forgot the name) is 30km+ long.

But it is not the longest bridge span. The Sutong bridge in Jiangsu province China will be the longest span and tallest bridge in the world. please check the previous post for the details.

More pictures are coming!
Old December 1st, 2006, 05:04 PM   #116
z0rg
Ironborn member

Likes (Received): 8800

Another amazing thread about China's projects being trolled...

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.

Highcliff liked this post
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2006, 07:19 PM   #117
kronik

Likes (Received): 24

Before dissing India at least be sure that the forumer is Indian or not. India is not disrupting this thread, this forumer is.

Stop being so gullible to trolls man.
kronik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2006, 11:01 PM   #118
General Huo

Likes (Received): 154

Zhengyang bridge, world 3rd longest main span of suspension bridge and a cable stayed bridge

“匈奴未灭,无以家为也!” 汉冠军侯景桓侯骠骑大将军大司马霍去病
General Huo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 03:35 AM   #119
_UberGerard_
übermann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleatic Guest View Post
Tons of. The Romans had already been building stone arch bridges for hundreds of years, when the Chinese were still looking for the nearest ford. Even today, there are several dozens extant Roman stone bridges around, the oldest dating from the 2nd century BC.

But we are talking here about modern steel and concrete constructions which came up no earlier than the 19th and 20th century in Europe and the USA. All these Chinese bridges are direct copies from that development line.

Hence, the nationalistic thread title should better read: CHINA - NATION of MEGA Copies!

And to adequately reflect the fact that the PRC is perhaps the greatest copyright violator of all time: CHINA - NATION of MEGA Copyright Violations!

Regards
Eleatic Guest
there were arch bridges of stone in china a long time ago, i doubt they copied from the romans

also, how much did the romans copied from greeks? greeks from egypt? europeans from arabs..arabs from chinese?
_UberGerard_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:03 PM   #120
Kaique

Likes (Received): 110

but arabs came after the romans and egyptians, I believe that in some time in old ages romans and chinese people was in touch
Kaique no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
bridge, china